Chapter 44

Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a phone call at the Kim’s house. The call was expected and it was from Jisoo’s grandparents. 

“Hello, is this Dara?” The other line said. 

“Yes this is me.” Dara chuckled. “Hello father in law, please take care of Jisoo next week. I’m sorry for the sudden request.” 

“It’s the off season so it’s alright. Grandma is also looking forward to meeting Jisoo after so long. So she’s quiet pump up. She sure loves Jichu.” The grandpa chuckled. 

“Please send my best wishes to mother in law as well.” 

“Sure. What was it? Was she coming with some friends from her university?” 

“Thats right. And among them is Jisoo’s girlfriend.” 

“Is that so?” 

“Was she a girlfriend already?” Jin just shook his head. 

“Her name is Jennie Kim. Please take a good care of her, dad.” 

 

•Jennie• 

“achoo!” Jennie sneezed. 

“What’s wrong Jen? Did you catch a cold?” Joohyun asked. 

“I don’t think so.” 

“At any rate, we’re going to Jisoo’s inn next week. I’m looking forward to it.” Joohyun smiled. “We’re going to have a sleepover, Jen. Well, it’s not a big deal for you who’s not only used at spend the night at Jisoo’s apartment but also at her parent’s house.” 

“It was fun “ 

Come to think of it, we were spending the night together. I’m going to be with Jisoo for the entire time. I hope I can do better. 

 

•Jisoo• 

Its the day of their trip to the inn of Jisoo’s grandparents. Taehyung came at the station excitedly. 

“Geez you’re too excited.” Jungkook shook her head. 

“Why are you here sunbae?” Dahyun asked decided to tease Taehyung. 

“Shouldn’t you be in the middle of a seminar?” Seulgi joined. 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine like that?” Jisoo. 

“Why don’t you retire already?” Joohyun. 

“So terrible!” Taehyung was sulking and Jungkook comforted him. 

 

“Do you visit there often, Jisoo sunbae?” Lisa asked. 

“Nah. I think the last time I went there was four yrs. ago.” 

But who would have thought that Jennie was the one who said she wants to go. And not the only reason that is because she wants to know about me. 

No wait. Don’t get be carried away. It’s not long ago that she told me once again I’m just a friend. That’s it! As a friend, she only wants to know me more as a friend. Which means.. 

that until now I was a friend not worth knowing. 

“Hey, what’s she doing?” Joohyun asked. 

“Let’s leave her alone.” Lisa shrugged. 

The train arrived and they settle down immediately. While on their way, they were talking about the inn. 

“In a sense, this is were the Kim group of resorts started, right?” Joohyun asked. 

“Well, you could say that.” 

“President Kim doesn’t appear on media often, but what kind of person is he?” 

“When I look at my brother, I can say he’s dad’s son.” Jisoo smiled and Jennie looked at her. “He’s really an amazing person and I respected him.” 

“I don’t really have plans to work at our company.” She remembered what Jisoo said.  

 

They arrived at the their stop and Jisoo made a call. While waiting, they all went for a foot bath. 

Joohyun sat and set her feet at the tab of a hot water, Seulgi settled beside her. Jisoo did also as Joohyun. 

“Get in, it’ll warm you up.” Jisoo said to Jennie. 

“Okay.” She sat beside Jisoo. “It’s warm.” She smiled. After a minute, Jennie showed her foot and chuckled. 

“It’s red. How about yours?” She giggled when she saw Jisoo’s foot was much redder than her. Jennie blushed when she realized they’re too close. 

“Hey Jennie, isn’t your face red?” Jisoo cupped Jennie’s cheeks until Lisa who sat near Jennie stood up with an annoyed grin. 

“Well, isn’t it a nice foot bath?” 

“Lisa..” Jisoo whined. “Read the atmosphere.” 

“What are you talking about?” Lisa innocently asked. 

“Jisoo, don’t mess around in the public.” Jennie warned. 

“Lisa sure is straight forward.” Joohyun chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter