Ethan

Private Library - Do I need you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ May Prologue ]

Once packed, I rushed back to the hospital. 

Knocking on the door and walking in softly I saw both my parents sleeping. My dad sleeping in the chair next to her. I could feel tears swell up in my eyes but I had to keep it in. It was her that was suffering and not me. 

Sitting down on the sofa, I fell asleep. 

 

The morning arrived and the nurse walked in with food. 

" Dad you should go home and wash up," I said to him and he just nodded at me.

" I'll be back in a while" he kissed my head and left.

 

The nurses softly smiled at me and woke up my mother. I stood up and went closer to her. This would be the first time she would see me in a while.

She opened her eyes and smiled at me. It was a weak smile yet it showed so much pain.

" You can leave the food, I will take care of it" I smiled at the nurses and walked away.

" Mom... how are you feeling?" I asked her and took her hand

" I am alright" she smiled and everyone would be able to tell that she wasn't

There was a moment of silence and I could feel myself bursting out in tears.

" I am so sorry for not being here for you and Dad... I am sorry that I have never looked around to see how you were doing. It should not have come to this point" 

" There is nothing you could have done, life isn't fair and this is my fate, I am happy that you have turned into such a smart young lady. I am so proud of you" she said smiling

I think you all can imagine how this could have felt like and I truly don't wish it for anyone.

" Tell me something about you, how is work going? any boys?" she chuckled. My mom and I were very close in high school, I would tell her all my crushes and in Uni we would have at least 1-2 hours phone conversations every other day. She was a chill mother that I felt so comfortable about and I now regret taking granted off.

" You know what! Actually, there is a guy from work but it's complicated. I don't know if he really likes me" 

" First you need to ask yourself, why do you like him? and if there are a lot of reasons to like him then go for it don't let anything get in your way but always remember that with everything you do there is always consequences. Act smart " she said squeezing my hand.

" Is that how you got dad?" I laughed

" Ofc, look at your dad he is so handsome, was a true fight getting him" we both laughed.

" Stay tuned and I will update you on my progress with this guy" I smiled at her and she just smiled 

There was a moment of silence and I could see how exhausted she was.

" Can I get you anything?" I asked my mother.

" Nothing love, I would like to sleep a bit more"

I nodded my had and went back to the sofa to do some work. My email was blowing up since tomorrow was the lawsuit already. Mr Bang and a few other people will be flighting in to watch me face Sarah. I felt nervous about everything that was happening. 

Hours later the doctor from yesterday came in.

" Morning Mrs. Lui" he smiled at me since my mother was sleeping.

" Good Morning Dr. and btw it's still Ms" he scratched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter