Superstitions

Private Library - Do I need you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Mayling Prologue ]

His voice was echoing in my ears and I just felt like fainting. 

My legs felt numb and I didn't have the guts to look at his face.

" Looking for something?" he asked to kill the silence between us.

" Deea" I said softly looking onto the floor. 

" I saw her at the storage room around 10 minutes ago," he said and moved out of the way.

I slid past him getting out of the door. For some reason, it felt like we never had anything going on and we are just colleagues. It felt awfully strange and I was dispising every second of that feeling.  

Walking to the storage room. I was feeling so down. But I couldn't let my emotions ruin this day for Deea. 

I heard some shuffling noises from the storage room.

" Deea?" I called and switched on another light in the storage room.

She popped up her head from somewhere deep inside the room.

" Hey, what are you doing here?"

" I should be asking you" I laughed as I looked at her messy hair and her stressed look.

" Sejin the great wants me to find this camera support system" 

" Ah, I see, what does it look like?" I replied and looked around.

" Like a tripod thingy," she went back to shuffle around in the boxes.

I looked around and just next to me was a box that said " Camera support system" I didn't want to sound smart because I am sure she probably saw this when entering the room but I should give it a try.

" Dude, there is a box that says " camera support system" she pops her head back up upon hearing me say those words and she stumbles out from her corner. 

" That's it..." she replied and looked confused and stunned.

" you should have on-ed the lights" I laughed slightly.

I helped her carry the boxes and we moved to the dance practice rooms.

" We are shooting a dance practice video today" she spoke.

" All day?"

" I'd say till afternoon,"

" Cool, let's leave after 3 PM"

" Your Birthday" I smiled at her

" Oh how do you know?" she looked surprised.

"Uhm... I saw your employee file" I lied cause I didn't want to mention Taehyung.

" Stalker" she laughed

Helping her set up the equipment I could hear Soobins voice from the hallway already.

"It's my queue to leave now, see you at 3 PM"  

" Oki" She smiled

 

I walked out the dance room, Soobin and the boys we slightly smiled at each other but there was no conversation.

I couldn't figure out how I was feeling about him. After that day my perception of him changed. 

Somehow my mother's quote came into my head " when you are in love everyone's smells good" she said that to me when I had my first boyfriend in high school. He was a complete but I didn't see it because I was in love.

Was it the same case with Soobin? 

Or was he just upset for that moment and is not actually that kind of person?

I felt like all my feelings for him are gone.

 

I took a seat at my desk and didn't notice that I was zoning out for at least 15 minutes until my phone vibrated.

" Can you take her to Jungsik Dang, I have a reservation at 7 PM" was the message by Taehyung. 

I looked up the restaurant quickly to make sure that he was taking her somewhere nice.

Well, it was Taehyung So I didn't really have to be worried since that by has taste.

But the place was a modern fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter