Story Time

Private Library - Do I need you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Mayling Prologue ]

Watching Taehyung disappear into the store I noticed the boys look at me?"

I shuffled in my bag to get Taehyungs credit card.

" Can you help me pass it to him" I handed it to Jin 

" Okay" there was an awkward silence because Jungkook was staring at me.

I walked away and headed to my car. 

 

For some reason, I felt desperate. I wanted to talk to him. I know he still liked me that's why he sent me flowers. right?

I shook my head and drove home.

 

I woke up the next morning. I had terrible sleep last night. I was constantly tossing and turning.

I sat on my office desk and Deea comes in.

Smiling.

" Do you like my new bag?" She smiled and shows it off.

" Hahahaha nice, so what happened" I laughed

" You mean what happened after you ditched me in the restaurant?" she says and pulls out the chair across me.

" Exactly" I crossed my legs and looked up from my computer.

" So I just took out my phone and was about to text you. Asking why you disappear so long to the toilet. When suddenly the love of my life walks in holding a huge bouquet of flowers and a too familiar black paper bag" 

" You suspected nothing" I laughed

" well..."

" So how was the dinner with him?"

" It was good, we spoke about the future"

" That's nice"

"It's felt good that I could finally tell him what I wanted out of this relationship"

" Which is?" I ask her.

" To settle down eventually"

" Oh wow, how did he take it?"

" Much better than I thought, he said he wants to settle down too."

" But you know it won't be any time in the next couple years, his contract is like another 7 years..." I told her

" I know but as long as he is loyal to me I am fine"

" That's good... I am happy for you" I smiled and I was genuine.

She got up and left. 

At least they straighten things out. 

 

Time was flying by as December was approaching.

It was my birthday approaching now and I had decided to go back and spend time with my parents. I was away for 3 months since the surgery. Nobody other than my parents and Sarah remembered my birthday. But I am fine with that. It was nice to see my family and also settle some work there. 

But the thing I enjoyed the most was probably not to see Jungkooks face for a while. 

Even tho I didn't see him physical there are so many posters and other things that remind me of him in Korea.

 

 

It was mid-day and I was walking in the street in Hongkong. I passed a small restaurant. It looks so familiar but I couldn't think of why it was familiar to me.

I entered and it was a traditional Chinese soup store.  

Sitting down. Even the taste was familiar. 

" Odd to see you here" I heard a deep soft voice tap my shoulder. He walked passed me and sat across me.

" Ethan"

" Didn't think I would see you here" he replied and I remembered why this place looked so familiar.

" yes..."

" How are you doing?"

" I am good" I replied and he turned around to order himself a bowl of noodle.

" How long are you back for?" 

" Not sure yet, perhaps a week" 

" That's nice if you have time you know where to find me"

" okay" I smiled at him because I was out of a conversation with him already.

" You got your ring, I mailed you?"

" I returned it already" I replied before thinking.

" Oh... I see. Sorry to bring it up" 

" No need to be sorry" I replied to him and it just reminded me how kind he was.

" Anyways, I have to get going. I am only on lunch break" he smiled and got up.

" Let's do dinner someday" I grabbed his arm to stop him from walking off.

" sure, text me" he replied.

 

Walking home and it just felt so nice to walk in these familiar streets. It felt like home in a way. 

Something I liked about Hongkong was that it was small but yet it was so busy and fashionable. 

A city that never sleeps.

I could wear whatever I want and nobody would care, I felt free here.

Without a doubt, Seoul was more conservative. People would dress their best all the time. To go out in sweat pants to the mall as a woman would be almost a crime. (true story)

 

Reaching home. I got a text from Sejin.

" Guess what"

" What?" I replied.

" We are attending the MAMA awards" 

" That's great for you guys" I replied

" They are hosted in Hongkong"

I just got this face -_-" 

" When is it happening?" I asked

" We should be flying over in 2 days"

Just as I was happy not to see him. He is coming again. 

Thankfully, I don't need to stay in the same hotel as them.

" Do I need to attend anything?" I asked him

" I will email you the details" he replied

" Thanks "

I threw myself on the sofa and tossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter