Hello Again

Private Library - Do I need you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ May Prologue ]

" Well hello to you too," he said and kind of smirked at me.

" Hello" I replied still shocked of who I am seeing in front of me.

" I'll drive you home... you just got out of surgery why are you already travelling so fast?" he asked fiercely and I just avoided eye contact.

We got in the car and it was an awkward silence. 

I'd love to just jump out the car and roll back to Hongkong.

" How did you know I was on that flight?" I finally build up the courage and asked him again.

He looked at me and for a moment and looked back onto the road.

" Elena told me," Mark said softly.

" I see..."

" You are flying Korea Airlines. You know I have the clearance to check who is on board"  

" Damn you are fast, I booked the flight the same day" I mumbled to myself.

He parked the car next to a restaurant/bar.

" Let's go" he looked at me. 

It was almost 4 am. I use to feel so comfortable with him but something made me feel off around him now.

" I can't really eat much since the surgery..." I said to him which was a semi-lie. I just wanted to get back home.

 " You want any take away? You'll get hungry" he said and I shook my head.

He drove off and I the radio. 

The drive from Incheon to my place was almost an hour and trust me it passed so slow.

" Thank you for fetching me," I said to break the silence.

" You know I would do anything for you," he said and I regretted trying to break the silence. 

It was quiet until we reached the front porch of my house. 

He got off and helped me carry my suitcase in. 

" Drive home safely," I said to him. He looked at me blankly for a moment and turned around.

I think he was surprised that I did not invite him in.

I threw myself on my dusty bed and fell asleep.

 

 

My alarm rang at 10 am and I woke up the same position I laid down in.

I got dressed. In wearing a chevron dress shirt with slacks and loafers. I wasn't ready to wear heels yet due to the surgery.

Maybe I finally got my head out of the clouds.

 

I drove to the Bighit building without notifyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter