I can save you

Private Library - Do I need you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ May Prologue ]

As I saw Sarah walking in I just had this moment of my life reflecting on me. How nice it would be to have her by my side during this period of my life. I wish I could say sorry to her that it has come to this.

She got seated and looked at me for a brief moment and smiled. I don't know what that was supposed to me.

I took a last glance at my phone and turned it off for the next hour that's coming.

The judge started the speech and I felt nervous. One way I was thinking to give her maximum penalty which would most likely include jail time for embezzlement or let it slide and have her just pay the fines. 

"Ms Sarah Tan, do you plead guilty to the accused charges?" the judge asked and my heart was beating really loud. I was wondering what she would do. Her action was going to influence my action towards her. But she knows me well and probably knows that too.

" I plead guilty to the accusations" she replied and I looked at her. She didn't look at me neither did she blink. I turned to the side and looked at my lawyer and saw Mark at the corner of my eye. 

I couldn't focus and my lawyer was doing most of the work. 

" would the plaintiff like to make any notes?" the judge asked and all eyes were on me. 

" Since the defendant has pleaded guilty to all the actions, I would kindly ask the judge to advise the penalty of the defendant to be reimbursing all the losses occurring during the time frame of employment," I said and then there was a moment of silence in the room. 

" May I repeat, the plaintiff only requires reimbursement of loss from the defendant?" the judge repeated and I could hear whispers.

" Yes" I replied firmly and I could feel Sarah look at me.

The lawsuit was wrapped up and I my phone. It was buzzing like crazy and as soon as I walked to the waiting room Sina was calling my name loudly.

" MAYY!! we have to go!!" she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the car park.

" What is wrong?" I asked her and my gut feeling told me it was about my mother. 

 Her face was stressed and I could see her eyes were scared.

" You mother is not doing well," she said and I checked my phone.

I had more than 10 miss calls from Dr Ethan. I dialled his number but he didn't pick up. I threw my phone onto my lap.

" How bad?" I asked Sina as she was driving like a maniac to the hospital. 

" She is on life support now," she said and I know it wasn't any easier for her than it was for me.

Sina has been working for my parents reaching 20 years. They took her in as a normal officer at the age of 18

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter