Chapter 33

Baby Don't Cry

 

“Long time no see Lee Donghae.” He smiled at me.
 
“Yeah. It’s been two years? I didn’t know that you were my client.” I told him.
 
“I didn’t know you worked here either!” He told me.
 
“What a small world it is huh?” I told him.
 
“I know. What have you’ve been up to?” He asked me.
 
“Nothing really. Just work and everything else.” I told him.
 
“I see. You know when I first heard the rumors of Super Junior disbanding I didn’t’ really believe it because you guys were the most known gang.” Jiyong told me.
 
“Yeah. We all decided that we didn’t want to live like that anymore. We had to live a good life for the sakes of our parents.” I told them. “What about you? Did Big Bang disband too?”
 
“Yeah we disbanded a while ago.  We got tired of the gang life and all the new gangs pissed us off.  All they did was run their mouths and we got fed up with it.” He told me.
 
“I see. What have you’ve been up to?” I asked him.
 
“Nothing really. I’m just running my own company here and there.” He told me.
 
“I heard about your company and how the CEO is actually really young. Who knew that it was you!” I told him.
 
“I know. I can’t believe I have my very own company too. I’m actually surprised that this is the life that I’m living right now.” He told me.
 
“Yeah. I know what you’re talking about.” I told him.
 
“So are you still with that Jieun chick?” He asked me.
 
“Ani. I’m not with her anymore.” I told him. “Wait how did you know about her?”
 
“Haein told me everything.  She was so heartbroken back then when you chose the other girl.”
 
“Have you’ve been keeping in touch with Haein?” I asked him.
 
“Ani. It’s been a while now. I don’t even know if she’s still in Paris or not.  But even if I did keep in touch with her I wouldn’t tell you.” He told me.
 
“You’re still overprotective of her.” I smiled at him.
 
“She’s like my little sister so of course I have to protect her.” He grinned at me.
 
“Well here’s some good news for you… I’m back with Haein.” I told him.
 
“What?! Really?! She took you back?!” He asked.
 
“De. She took me back because I never stopped loving her for two years now.”
 
“Wait. Two years?! But weren’t you with Jieun?!”
 
“I was but I never really loved Jieun.  I was only with her to keep Haein safe.” I told him.
 
“Keep her safe? What do you mean by that?”
 
“Jieun threatened to harm her if I didn’t divorce Haein.” I told him.
 
“Ah I see. I’m glad you guys are back together now. She really loved you back then.” He smiled at me.
 
“Thanks. Let’s get started with work now shall we?”
 
“Arasso. I don’t need to go over the documents.  I trust you so I’ll sign with your company.” He told me.
 
“Are you serious?”
 
“I’m dead serious. Just give me the paper work so I can sign everything and we’ll have ourselves a deal.” He grinned at me.
 
“Here you go.” I handed him the pen and paper works.
 
“Alright. Here’s the paper work and your pen.  I’m looking forward to working with you.” He grinned at me. “I’ll see you around Donghae.”
 
“Wait. I’m meeting up with Haein in a bit if you wanted to come along and see her.” I told him.
 
“I can’t today but maybe another time.  Just tell Haein my number is still the same.” He told me and left.  
 
I can’t believe Kwon Jiyong is one of my clients.  I can’t believe that two years ago we were fighting against each other because we were rival gangs.  I’ll tell Haein about this later when we meet up for lunch.  I didn’t have any other work to do so I decided to go online and look at engagement rings.  I wanted to propose to Haein as soon as possible.  I want to pick the perfect ring for her… I wonder what she likes.  I decided to call Bom up and ask her.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey Bom. It’s Donghae and I was wondering if you’re free right now.”
 
“I’m free right now. What’s up?”
 
“You know Haein’s taste right? Like what she likes and what she doesn’t like.”
 
“De. I’m her best friend so of course I would know everything about her.” 
 
“Great. I need your help with something.” I told her.
 
“What is it? I’ll try my best to help you.” 
 
“I want to propose to Haein but I don’t know what kind of ring she would like. I want to give her the perfect ring.” I told her.
 
“YOU’RE GOING TO WHAT?!” Bom shouted on the other line.
 
“I’m going to propose to her soon but I need to pick out the perfect ring. Can you help me with choosing the ring?” I asked her.
 
“Are you free right now?” She asked me.
 
“Well I’m suppose to meet Haein up for lunch. Why?” 
 
“Cancel your date. We’re going ring shopping for Haein.” Bom told me.
 
“Alright. I’ll meet you at the mall then.”
 
“Okay. See you soon.” She said and hung up on me.  I dialed Haein’s number.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“I’m sorry but I can’t go for lunch.  Something urgent came up.” I told her.
 
“It’s okay oppa. Just focus on your work and order something for you to eat okay? Don’t worry too hard and I love you.”
 
“I love you too and I’ll be home when I’m done with everything.”
 
“De. Go back to work now.” She told me and hung up.
 
I got my stuff and headed towards the mall.  I see Bom and Minji together.  I guess she invited Minji to come along too since they were both Haein’s best friends.
 
“You’re really going to propose to unnie?” Minji asked me excitedly.
 
“De but I need to pick out the ring first. Help me?” I asked them.
 
“Let’s go then!” They said and we walked into the jewelry store.  
 
We were looking at so many rings and Bom and Minji were telling me how none of them fits Haein’s taste.  None of the rings caught our attention yet.  One ring managed to catch my attention though.  It was a sapphire ring that is an emerald cut and it had diamonds around it.  The band had little diamonds all around it.  The ring was beautiful.  I can see it on Haein’s hand.
 
“Oppa that ring is really nice! It screams unnie!” Minji told me.
 
“Yeah. I think Haein would like that. I think we found ourselves a winner.” Bom said. “Unless you have something else in mind.”
 
“Ani. I was thinking the same thing.  I think it’ll look great on Haein's finger.” I told her.
 
After paying for the ring, the girls wanted to go grab something to eat.  We were all waiting for our food to come out.
 
“Oppa how are you going to propose to unnie?” Minji asked me.
 
“I don’t know yet. I have to plan something out.” I told her.
 
“You know Haein likes it when people serenade to her.” Bom told me.
 
“I have an idea then! Thanks a lot Bom.” I smiled at her.
 
“What are you going to do?” She asked me.
 
“I’m going to write her a song and serenade her with it.” I smiled at them.
 
“That’s not a bad idea. Good luck oppa! We’re rooting for you!” Minji told me.
 
This is it. I’m going to propose to Haein.  I just need to write her a song and plan everything out.  I hope everything goes well.  You can do this Lee Donghae…
 
It’s been a week since I bought Haein’s engagement ring.  I was currently in my room trying to write a song just for my Haein.  Why can’t I think of anything?!  I should have a lot to write if it has to do with my Haein!!! Sigh.  My phone was ringing and it was Haein calling.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Yeah. Did you need something?” Don’t get me wrong I wanted to talk to her because I really miss her but I wanted to finish the song so I can propose to her.
 
“No. I just wanted to talk to you but if you’re busy with work then I’ll call another time.” She told me.
 
“Alright. I’ll talk to you later baby. I love you.” I told her.
 
“I love you too oppa.” I heard her sighing and she hung up.  I feel bad…. I haven’t been talking to her much because of work and because I’ve been busy with planning the proposal.  She probably thinks I’m avoiding her.  Haein, wait for me and hang in there….I promise you that it’ll be worth it.
 
Haein’s POV
 
Donghae has been really distant from me this past week. I wonder what’s going on with him.  Did I do something wrong to him? Is there a lot of work that he has to do?  I really miss him and I tried calling him earlier but he said he was really busy.  I decided to call Bommie to vent to her.
 
“Haein?”
 
“Are you busy?” I asked her.
 
“Ani. I’m just watching TV with Hyukjae oppa. What’s up?”
 
“I’m sad.” I sighed.
 
“What’s wrong Haein? Did you and Donghae fight?”
 
“No. He hasn’t been talking to me this past week and we haven’t seen each other this week either.  Every time I call him he would tell me that he’s busy.” I told her.
 
“Maybe he has a really big deal coming up so he has to work on it.” Bommie told me.
 
“I guess. It’s just I really miss him. Do you think he fell out of love with me?”
 
“Lee Haein you better not think like that! Donghae is in love with you and he can never fall out of love with you. Just look at him! His eyes are full of love whenever he looks at you! If you think like that one more time I’m going to freaking kill you.” She told me.
 
“Sorry Bommie. I just really miss him and I feel all sad and lonely.” I told her.
 
“Do you want me to come over and keep you company?” She asked.
 
“Ani. You’re hanging out with Hyukjae oppa so it’s fine.” I told her.
 
“You sure?”
 
“De. I’m going to probably head to bed now. Bye Bommie and thanks for listening to me.”
 
“No problem. Just call me whenever you need to talk okay?”
 
“De. Night Bommie.”
 
Sigh. Bommie’s right… I shouldn’t think like that.  Donghae loves me and I should trust him.
 
Bom’s POV
 
“What’s wrong with Haein?” Oppa asked me.
 
“She’s feeling lonely since Donghae’s been neglecting her.  She thinks that Donghae fell out of love with her.” I told him which caused him to laugh.
 
“She’s crazy. Hae’s in love with her.  You can already tell by the way he looks at her.” He told me.
 
“That’s exactly what I told her! She’s nuts.  Is Donghae almost done with everything?! If this keeps up then I think Haein will go crazy!” I told him.
 
“Hae’s having trouble with writing the song for Haein.  He doesn’t know what to write.” He told me.
 
“Dude how long is this going to take him?! Haein’s suffering and I don’t even know what to tell her!”
 
“Just be patient babe. Hae will finish it soon. In the meantime, you should be there for Haein and spend time with her.”
 
“I will. You’re going to be by yourself for a while until your best friend finishes his song!” I told him.
 
“What do you mean by myself?!” He asked me.
 
“I’ll be sleeping over at Haein’s and spending time with her more.” I told him.
 
“You can’t do that! I just meant you should hang out with her in the daytime when you guys are both free not sleep over!” He pouted.
 
“Well if Haein has to suffer then you will too! Just thank your best friend!” I told him and walked to my room.
 
“YAH WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!”
 
“I’m going to pack clothes and head over to Haein’s.”
 
“You’re going to go now?!” He asked.
 
“Yupps. I’ll see you when Donghae finishes his song.” I grinned at him.
 
“Stupid Hae. I’m going to kill you.” I heard him mumbling and couldn’t help but laugh.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
It’s been a few days and I finally finished the song! I’m so happy that I finished it… I think it’s thanks to Hyukjae though… He’s been bugging me nonstop to finish the song because Bom was staying over at Haein’s and not hanging out with him until I finish the song.  He kept on pushing me to finish everything so he can have his Bom back.  He also told me how Haein is feeling sad and lonely and she thinks that I fell out of love with her.  Haein’s crazy… I love her too much to fall out of love with her.  I feel bad that she feels that way.  I know I’ve been neglecting her but I wanted everything to be perfect.  
 
I was finally done with work and I decided to surprise Haein and show up at her workplace and take her out for a nice dinner.  I looked at my watch and Haein was getting out in fifteen minutes.  I have fifteen minutes to get there before she leaves.  I rushed to my car and sped towards her workplace.  I finally arrived and she was about to leave.  Great timing Donghae!  I got out of the car and ran towards her.
 
“Haein!” I called out and she stopped walking and stared at me.
 
Is she mad at me?
 
“What are you doing here?” She finally asks me.
 
“I miss you.” I smiled at her.
 
“Now you miss me? I’ve been trying to talk to you this whole week and you blew me off!” She pouted at me.
 
“I’m sorry baby. I was busy with work. I’m all done with it now and I can spend some time with you now. Forgive me?”
 
“You’re an idiot.” She said and ran towards me and pulled me into a hug. “I miss you too oppa.”
 
“Let’s go out for dinner.” I told her while breaking the hug.
 
“De. Where do you want to go?”
 
“What do you feel like?”
 
“I feel like eating a hamburger!” She told me.
 
“Let’s go then.” I told her and grabbed her hand and we walked towards my car.
 
Dinner went well.  We were catching up with one another.  Haein was telling me everything that happened to her this week and she told me that I couldn’t complain and that I had to listen to every detail. This was my punishment for neglecting her this whole week. I don’t mind though. As long as my Haein is happy then I’m happy.  After we were done with dinner, I asked her if she wanted desert but she didn’t feel like any.
 
“Is it going to rain tomorrow?” I asked her.
 
“Ani. I don’t think so. Why?” She asked me while we were walking hand in hand.
 
“Because you just refused to eat desert. I think it’s going to rain tomorrow.” I and she stopped walking.
 
“You’re so mean!!” She smacked me on my chest. “First you ignore me this week and now you’re going to make fun of me.”
 
“I’m only kidding baby.” I laughed which caused her to glare at me.
 
“Take me home!” She pouted.
 
“But it’s been a while since we last hung out!”
 
“Who’s fault is that?!” She glared at me. “Take me home now.”
 
“Are you serious?” I asked her.
 
“De. If not then I’ll just walk home!” She let go of my hand and started walking away.
 
“Baby. I’m kidding. I’ll take you home!” I ran after her.
 
“Let’s go then.” She said.
 
The ride home was quiet.  I feel bad now… is she really mad at me? I didn’t mean to .  God Donghae why are you so stupid?! Why’d you have to even go and ?  We finally arrived in front of her place and she was about to get out of the car when I pulled her back.
 
“Are you mad at me? I’m sorry if I teased you. I didn’t mean it. You know I was just joking right?” I told her but she didn’t say anything.
 
“Baby talk to me. I don’t like it when you’re mad at me. I’m sorry okay and I’ll do anything. Please don’t be mad at me.” I told her but this time she was laughing.
 
“You’re silly oppa. I’m not mad at you. You’re always teasing me so this is nothing new.” She smiled at me.
 
“Yah! I thought you were mad at me!” I pouted at her.
 
“Oppa stop pouting. You’re really ugly when you’re pouting.” She teased me.
 
“Who’s the mean one now?”
 
“You’re still the mean one.” She grinned at me.
 
“So if you’re not mad at me then why’d you want me to take you home?” I asked her.
 
“I’m tired and I just want to go home and sleep.  I’m sorry oppa. We can hang out another day.” She told me. 
 
She was about to get off but I locked the doors and drove off.
 
“Oppa where are we going?” She asked me.
 
“I’m going to park my car in your garage.” I told her.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I’m sleeping over with you.” I grinned at her.
 
“Says who?!”
 
“Me. This is your punishment for being mean.” I told her and parked the car. “Let’s go up shall we?”
 
We arrived in her apartment and she ran towards her room and locked the door.
 
“Yah what are you doing?!” I shouted.
 
“You can sleep in the living room and I’ll sleep in my room. Good night Donghae!” She shouted.
 
“Open the door! I don’t want to sleep in the living room! I want to sleep with you!” I banged on her door.
 
“Too bad oppa! Just sleep in the living room. I’m going to bed now!” She said.
 
“Lee Haein open this door right now! You’re being mean right now!!!” I said but got no repsonse.  “Haein?!”
 
Still no repsonse… is she serious?! I have to seriously sleep in the living room?  What the hell? I knocked on the door a few more times but she didn’t respond.  I guess she’s serious about this.  Stupid Haein.  I walked towards the living room and saw that there was a blanket and pillow on her couch.  I placed the pillow down and lied on it and put the blanket over my head.  I should just go home then if I have to sleep in her living room!  I heard the door opening and I sat up from the couch.
 
“I’m kidding oppa.” She grinned at me. “Let’s go to bed now.”
 
“You’re mean. I’m not sleeping with you anymore. I’ll just sleep out here!” I pouted at her.
 
“You’re such a baby oppa!” She laughed at me and walked towards me. “Are you seriously going to sleep out here?”
 
“De. Go away you monster!” I told her.
 
“Yah! I’m not a monster! You’re a monster!”
 
“Nope. You’re the monster! You made me sleep out here!”
 
“I told you I was just kidding! You’re such a baby!” She smacked my shoulder.
 
“You’re not just a monster. You’re an abusive monster!” I told her.
 
“And you’re just stupid and childish.” She told me. “Fine sleep out here then.”
 
“Alright then.” I told her and she just stared at me.  She got up and started walking towards her room.  I got up from the couch and ran over to her and carried her over my shoulder.
 
“Oppa! What are you doing?! Put me down!” She said.
 
“Ani. You’re going to be punished for locking me out here.” I laughed at her.
 
“What are you going to even do?!” She said. “Put me down!”
 
“You’ll see what your punishment is once we get into your room. You’re going to be staying up all night with me.” I told her and started walking towards her room.
 
“Why am I staying up all night with you?! Are we going to play a game or something?” She asked me.
 
“Baby why are you so innocent?” I told her.
 
“What does me being innocent have to do-” She stopped once she realized what I was talking about. “Lee Donghae you’re erted!”
 
“I’m not erted baby. I just have my needs.” I smiled to myself.
 
“I don’t accept this punishment!”
 
“Well too late now. We’re going in your room now.” I laughed and walked into her bedroom and closed her doors. That night Haein was punished and I enjoyed it.