Chapter 10

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
After our boss dismissed us, Bommie and I met Joon and the guys in front of the store.  Joon saw us and walked towards us.
 
Hey Haein. Ready to go?” He asked me.
 
“De. Let’s go.”
 
“Before we go, let me introduce you to my friends.  This is Seungho, G.O., Thunder, and Mir.  Guys this is Haein and Haein’s friend.”
 
“This is Bom.  Nice to meet you guys.  We should head back to Bommie’s place now.”  The guys nodded their heads and followed behind us.  We finally arrived at Bommie’s place and we told them to wait in the living room while we went to go get some drinks and snacks.
 
“They’re so cute!!! I call dibs on Seungho!” Bommie told me. I just laughed at her.
 
“Go ahead. You can have him!” 
 
We took the tray of food and drinks and walked towards the living room and we immediately dropped the trays at what we saw.  Joon and Seungho had a gun in their hand and it was pointed at us.  The other three had knives in their hands.  They all had smirks on their faces.
 
“What do you guys want?” I asked them.
 
“We want Donghae to suffer.” Joon replied.  
 
“What do I have to do with Donghae?” I asked him. “And who are you exactly?”
 
“I’m Lee Joon. And I’m from a gang called MBLAQ. Donghae’s gang is my rival and I want him to suffer!” Gang? What? “You didn’t know? Your precious boyfriend is the leader of a gang called Super Junior.”
 
“He’s not my boyfriend. Stop wasting your time.”
 
“Stop lying. I know you’re important to him. You don’t need to lie to me.” Joon smirked at me. “Guys, tie them up.”  Two of the guys took me and the other two took Bommie and tied us up to a chair. “Let’s see how long it takes Donghae to find where you are.”
 
“I told you he’s not going to come. I’m just a nobody to him! What part of that don’t you understand?!”
 
“We’ll see about that then.” He smirked at me.
 
I looked over at Bommie and she looked scared.
 
“Don’t worry Bommie. We’ll be fine. I’m sorry I got you into this mess.”
 
“It’s not your fault Haeinnie. I was the one who told you to hang out with him. I’m sorry.”
 
“YAH NO MORE TALKING!” G.O. slapped Bommie in the face.
 
“WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT KIND OF A GUY SLAPS A GIRL! STOP IT YOU JACKASS. WE DIDN’T EVEN DO TO YOU.” I yelled at him.  He was about to slap me but Joon stopped him.
 
“Stop it. I can see why Donghae is interested in you. You’re a feisty one. I like that. Let’s see if you’re telling the truth or not.”  He took out his phone and dialed a number and put it on speaker phone. After a few rings, someone picked up.
 
“What the do you want?” I heard Donghae’s voice.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was sitting on my bed watching TV.  Why do I keep on thinking of Haein?! Aish… so annoying. I heard my phone ringing.  It was Joon. What the hell did he want?
 
“What the do you want?” I told him.
 
“Is that any way to treat an old friend?” I heard Joon saying on the other line.
 
“What old friend you tard?” 
 
“You’re still the same. Anyways, I have something that might catch your attention. If not, then I’ll have fun with it.”
 
“You have nothing that will catch my attention.”
 
“WHAT THE HELL? WHY ARE YOU PULLING ON MY HAIR YOU JACKASS!” Was that Haein?!
 
“Are you sure you’re not interested? Alright then, I’ll go have some fun with her.” 
 
“WAIT. Where are you? Leave her alone! Why are you dragging her into this?!” I yelled at him. “Where the are you?!”
 
“Come and find me. I’ll give you thirty minutes.” And he hung up on me.  What the hell?!  I took my jacket and ran out of the room.  I rushed to the door and heard Minho calling me.
 
“Hyung where are you going?” Taemin asked me.  I didn’t answer him and ran out the door.  Where can they be?  He better not lay a finger on her.  Would they be at their hideout? I don’t think they’ll be there.  For some reason, I ran towards her friend’s house.  Maybe they’re there.  I arrived at her friend’s house and broke the door down.  I saw Haein and her friend tied up and the guys were standing there smirking at me. 
 
“So you were lying Haein.” Joon turned to Haein. “He did show up. Are you sure you guys have nothing going on?” He smirked at her.  
 
“Let her go.” I told him. “You have with me so don’t involve innocent people.”
 
“What’s the fun in that?” He smirked at me. “I’ll let her go on one condition.  You let us beat you up and you can’t fight back.”
 
“Fine. Let her and her friends go.” I looked at Haein.
 
“Guys let her go.” The guys untied her and let her go.
 
“Go. Take your friend back to my place and go now.” She didn’t move. “GO NOW!” That caused her to leave the house.
 
“So can we start now?” I let the guys hit and kick me many times.  I felt pain but it was part of the deal so I had to it in.  After thirty minutes, the guys stopped. “This isn’t over yet.  I know what you’re weakness is now. I’ll be seeing you soon.”
 
Haein’s POV
 
Bommie and I arrived at Donghae’s apartment and I knocked on the door.
 
“Haein what are you doing here?” Eunhyuk asked once he opened the door.
 
“Eunhyuk-ssi. Donghae’s in trouble because of me. Lee Joon has him.”
 
“WHAT?! WHERE?!” Eunhyuk yelled.
 
“Bommie’s place. I’ll take you there.” I told him.
 
“Alright let’s go.” We were about to leave but we heard a voice.
 
“There’s no need. I’m fine.” I turned around and saw Donghae.  He had bruises on his face and he was bloody.  I ran up to him.
 
“YAH YOU IDIOT. WHO TOLD YOU TO COME SAVE ME!? DIDN’T YOU SAY THAT I WAS A NOBODY AND YOU DIDN’T WANT TO GET INVOLVED WITH ME!? WHY’D YOU EVEN DO THAT!?” I started crying.  I didn’t know why I was crying.  I felt someone pulling me into a hug.
 
“I’m sorry. Don’t cry.” I heard Donghae saying. “Let’s go inside okay?” We all went inside and the boys started bombarding him with questions.
 
“What happened?”
 
“What’d they want?”
 
“Are you okay?”
 
“I’m okay. Don’t worry about it. Just a few bruises. I’ll be fine.” He replied and looked over at me. “Are you okay?”
 
“De. Are you sure you’re okay? I’ll go clean up your cuts.” I told him. He just nodded his head and I asked the guys where the alcohol is.  I found it and sat next to him.  “It’s going to sting a bit.” 
 
After I cleaned his cuts, I turned to Bommie and offered to clean her cut.
 
“Who the hell hits a girl?!” I heard Eunhyuk screaming.
 
“We’re going to head off now. Thank you for today Donghae-ssi” I bowed to them and was about to leave. 
 
“Don’t go. It’ll be dangerous for you guys to go home by yourself. Just stay here for the night.” I heard Donghae telling us.  I was shocked and looked at Bom.  She looked shocked too.
 
“You sure you guys don’t mind?” I asked them.
 
“We don’t mind noona! You can stay for the night!” Minho smiled at me.
 
“Okay. We’ll sleep in the living room.” I told them.
 
“You guys can have my room. I’ll room with Eunhyuk.” Donghae told us.  What the? Is this guy bipolar or something?
 
He led us to his room and gave us something to change into.  After that, he left the room.
 
“You said he was mean but he’s not! He even risked his life to save yours!” Bom told me once he left.
 
“I don’t know. Sometimes he’s like this and sometimes he’s mean.”
 
“Let’s just go to bed okay?”  We lied on Donghae’s bed and fell asleep.  We had a really rough night so of course we would knock out within minutes.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was in Eunyuks’s room and we were just sitting on his bed.
 
“I can’t believe Joon would do something like that! I can’t believe he got Haein involved! Wait, so does Haein know we’re in a gang?” He asked me.
 
“I don’t know. She didn’t say anything.”
 
“Tell me the truth Hae. Why do you care for Haein so much?”
 
“What do you mean? I don’t care for her.”
 
“Bull. I’m your best friend Hae. I’m not stupid. Tell me.”
 
“I don’t know. It’s just when I see her I can’t help but feel like I need to protect her."
 
“Do you like her? Are you interested her? Even if you are, it better not be because she reminds you of Jieun.”  I haven’t heard that name in a while.  She was the only girl in this world who was able to take my heart and completely break it.
 
“What are you talking about? I don’t even like Haein. I will never fall in love again. You out of all people should know that.”
 
“Alright then Hae. I’m just telling you. You shouldn’t get involved with her just because she reminds you of Jieun. That’s not fair for Haein. She’ll just end up getting hurt.”
 
“I get it Eunhyuk.  I don’t like her and I don’t plan on liking her. I have Sunye so don’t worry.”  After our talk, we decided to go to bed.
 
Eunhyuk’s POV
 
I couldn’t sleep anymore so I decided to wake up.  I looked over and saw that Hae was still sleeping.  Hae, I hope you know what you’re doing because in the end, someone will get hurt. I checked my phone and saw a text message from my girlfriend. I’ll just respond to her later.  I got off of bed and headed towards the kitchen.  I heard noises… someone was awake already?  I walked closer to the kitchen and saw Haein’s friend cooking.
 
“Why are you awake already?” I asked her and I saw that she was startled but her back was still facing me.
 
“You scared me!! I was just going to cook breakfast for you guys and head out.” She told me without looking back.
 
“You’re leaving already?”
 
“De. I have to go back home and clean up the mess or else my parents will kill me.” She turned around and started setting the table up.  
 
She had a bruise on the lower right corner of her lips.  I couldn’t help but stare at her. She was really beautiful to be honest.  I remember when I first saw her, I thought she was some kind of goddess.  The way her hair flowed when she talked or walked… her voice is addicting… I only bother her because I want her to keep speaking.  Plus, she has a very nice body.  Don’t get me wrong though… I don’t like her. I have a girlfriend that I really love and I plan on marrying her in the future.  Haein’s friend is just an eye candy for me.
 
“Why are you staring at me? I know I’m beautiful but you look creepy just staring at me like that.” She told me.
 
“Who says I was staring at you? And monster’s can’t be beautiful so you’re not beautiful.” I told her. She just rolled her eyes at me and finished setting the table.
 
“Here’s breakfast. You can eat now if you want or wait for the guys to wake up. I’m heading out now… I’m going to leave Haein here for now since she looks really tired. Just tell Haein that I’ll see her at work. Bye.” She went to go grab her bag and headed towards the door.  
 
“Wait. I’ll go with you.” WTF… WHAT ARE YOU DOING HYUKJAE?!  She just stared at me like I was on crack. “It’ll be dangerous for you to go back by yourself and you might need a hand with cleaning.”
 
“Okay. Let’s go.” She told me while heading out the door.  
 
The walk to her house was really awkward since none of us talked and it was completely quiet.  We finally arrived to her house and her house was a mess.  There was blood stains on the floor and broken chairs.  What the hell happened last night?  After two hours of cleaning, the house was finally clean and spotless.  I was sitting on her couch and I felt her sitting next to me… she handed me a bottle of juice and I just took it from her.
 
“Thank you.” I told her.
 
“No problem. Thanks for helping me anyways. I was thinking… maybe we should start over. I’m Park Bom.” She told me. I looked at her all confused. “Friends?”
 
Oh. Friends. Got it.
 
“Hi. I’m Lee Eunhyuk. Nice to meet you.” I smiled at her. “I have to go now too. The guys will wonder where I am. I’ll see you around Bom.” 
 
“De. Have a safe trip home Eunhyuk-ssi.” Why is she being so formal? Where’d the feisty monster go?!
 
“Just call me Eunhyuk oppa. No need to be formal.” I told her before heading out the door.
 
“De. See you later then Eunhyuk oppa!” I heard her calling out to me.  I don’t know why but I smiled when I heard her callling me oppa.