Chapter 18

Baby Don't Cry

 

A few weeks have passed and everything’s been going great for everyone.  Donghae and I are still doing well.  He’s really sweet… I never knew he had this side to him.  The guys and him still do their missions but they’ve been doing it less.  Donghae didn’t want me to worry about him that much so he stopped doing so many missions.  Usually when the guys are doing their mission I would stay up and wait for them to come back.  They just get cuts on their faces… that’s the worse that happens to them.  Bommie and I quit our job and started going to school… we signed up for all the courses that we need in order to get our culinary degree.  Donghae totally supported our plan and he even offered to find a place and buy it for us once we were done with school.  
 
Donghae always manages to surprise me… He looks all cold and he would seem cold since he’s a gang leader but he’s the total opposite of it.  He’s one of the warmest and sweetest person I’ve ever met.  He always manages to make my heart beat really fast.  Bommie’s been coming over frequently now. She doesn’t talk to Eunhyuk oppa but she talks to everyone else.  She’s been getting really close to Siwon oppa. I can tell that Eunhyuk oppa doesn’t like it.  He’s been trying to get her attention whenever she comes over but she ignores it.  Instead, she goes over to Siwon and they talk.  Taemin was allowed to bring Minji over to their apartment now... I remember the first time when Donghae told Taemin this he was speechless.  So lately, Minji has been coming over a lot and we’ve been hanging out with her a lot.  
 
I was stuck in my night class and time was passing by so slowly since Bommie can‘t make it to class tonight.  Why can’t class end yet?  I had two more semesters to go then I’ll be able to get my degrees in culinary.  Today’s lesson was really boring because all we’re learning about is sanitary.  I know it’s important but I wanted to learn about food and the techniques.  I guess I’ll just have to wait.  Class finally ended and the professor dismissed us.  YESSS. I gathered all my things in the bag and left the building.  It was 10 pm already.  I wonder what everyone is doing?  
 
“You’re finally done?” I saw Donghae leaning against a wall holding something in his hands.
 
“Donghae? What are you doing here?” I asked him all surprised.
 
“I can’t pick up my wife? Beside it’s late and it’ll be too dangerous for you to go home by yourself.” He smiled at me. 
 
“You don’t have a mission today?”
 
“I do. But since I heard that Bom can’t make it to class today I told the guys to go without me.” 
 
“Why? Wouldn’t the guys need your help?”
 
“You don’t want me here?” He pouted at me. “Fine I’ll leave then.”
 
“No. I was just wondering and it’s sweet of you to do this. I mean you chose me over the guys and it makes me feel special.” I smiled at him. He grabbed my hands and kissed them.
 
“I’d do anything for you.” Why is this man so sweet? “Let’s go. It’s cold and I don’t want you getting cold.” I noticed the black bag in his hand.
 
“What’s in the bag?” I asked him.
 
“I thought you’d be hungry so I grabbed some food for us.” KYAHHHH. My husband is so sweet. “Let’s go.” He grabbed my hand and we headed towards home.
 
The walk home was quiet but it was peaceful. We looked at each other time to time but most of the time we paid attention to our surroundings.  Korea was beautiful at night time! I love all the lights.  I was too busy paying attention to the light that I didn’t realize Donghae stopped walking.  He pushed me behind him. What’s going on?
 
“No matter what stay behind me and don’t move okay?” He told me. I peeked in front of him and saw Lee Joon and the rest of the MBLAQ gang.
 
“Who would’ve thought that Lee Donghae would be sweet like this again?  The only time I’ve seen you like this was when you were Jieun.” He smirked at Donghae.
 
“Shut the up. What do you want?”
 
“Believe it or not, I don’t want anything. Or maybe I’d like to tell your girlfriend about Jieun.”  
 
“Shut your mouth or else.” Donghae told him coldly.
 
“Why? Does she not know about Jieun? Maybe I should tell her.”
 
Donghae was about to go towards Joon but I grabbed his arm and shook my head. I don’t want him to get hurt anymore.  He’s still trying to heal from his cut and I can’t risk him hurting himself again.
 
“He already told me about her so why don’t you leave.” I told him coldly.
 
“How cute. She’s sticking up for him.” Joon smirked at me. “Well then, we’re off then. The sweetness is making me sick. I’ll see you around Haein. You’re looking fine as ever. You make me want to do many things to you in bed.” He said before he walked off and s following him.  Donghae was about to go towards him but I pulled him back.
 
“Oppa! Stop… it’s not worth it! I don’t want you getting hurt again. Please don’t go.” I said. He turned to me and smiled at me.
 
“Did you just call me oppa?”
 
“D-de. Is that okay?” I asked him.
 
“It’s more than fine. That er’s lucky that you’re here with me… if you weren’t here with me then he’d be dead.” He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Can you stop cussing? Like you don’t have to completely stop but take it down a notch?”
 
“Anything for you.” He laughed at my request.
 
“And smoking?” He stopped laughing.
 
“That I can’t promise you. I’m sorry.” I broke the hug and pouted at him while I gave him my puppy eyes. “Alright. I’ll try but no promises.” 
 
I smiled at him and tiptoed up to his face and kissed him on the lips.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and deepened the kiss.  We stay like that for a few minutes and broke apart when we needed to breath.  He smiled at me.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Hmm?” He replied while he used his hand to push my bangs out of my face.
 
“Who’s Jieun?” I asked him. I felt him stiffen and he stopped smiling. “It’s okay if you don’t’ want to talk about it.” I told him and started walking away.
 
“Wait. I’ll tell you but you promise that you won’t get mad.”
 
“Why would I get mad?” I asked him.
 
“Because I didn’t tell you about her sooner.” He told me. “Promise me?”
 
“I promise.”
 
“Jieun was my first love.  She was the first girl ever that made me smile and laugh a lot.  She was the first girl ever to make me feel all sorts of emotions.  We knew each other when we were kids and we grew up as best friends.  We started dating in high school and we became inseparable.  We loved each other a lot.  During my senior year, Joon started to like her too and he tried to steal her away from me but Jieun only loves me.  But one day, Jieun disappeared. And I’ve never really met anyone else who made me feel that way until I met you.”
 
“What happened to her? Where is she now? Did you ever find out where she disappear to?”
 
“She’s dead.” He told me.
 
“I’m sorry.” I pulled him into a hug. “I promise you that I’ll never leave you. I’ll remain by your side until you push me away.”
 
“I can’t say those three words yet Haein. I’m not ready for it but I know you’re special to me.” Donghae told me. I broke the hug and smiled at him.
 
“Don’t worry. I’m not ready to say it either. Let’s go home.”
 
Jieun… I promise that I’ll take care of Donghae for you.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Haein and I arrived home and the guys were home already.  I looked at them and they only had small cuts on their faces.
 
“Did it go well?’ I asked them.
 
“De hyung. Everything went according to plan!” Taemin smiled at me. “Hyung? Can Minji sleep over tonight? She’s by herself right now.”
 
“Sure. Go bring her over.” I told him.
 
“REALLY HYUNG?! THANK YOU.” Taemin grinned at me and ran out the doors.
 
“Aish. That kid… he must really love Minji.” Siwon said. “I wish I had a girlfriend.”
 
“Don’t you have Eunbi?” Eunhyuk asked him.
 
“We broke up a long time ago. Where have you’ve been?” Siwon told him. “Ah. I wonder what’s Bommie up to? Haein, do you know what’s Bommie doing?”
 
“YAH. SINCE WHEN DID YOU TALK TO BOMMIE A LOT?” Eunhyuk yelled. SIGH, Eunhyuk ah, you jealous monkey.
 
“We’ve been talking. Got a problem with it?” Siwon asked him.
 
“N-no. I’m going to my room to call Sooyoung.” 
 
“Siwon oppa, I don’t know where Bommie is.  She didn’t make it to night class today… she said she had some important business to attend to.”
 
“I see. I guess I shouldn’t call her.” Siwon told Haein.
 
“Do you like her oppa?” Haein asked.
 
“Ani. I only see her as a dongsaeng. The reason why I’m only doing that to Hyukkie is because I need him to realize that he likes Bommie.”
 
“AHH. So you’re helping them?!” I see Haein smiling a big smile. My wife is so cute.
 
“Yeah. That idiot needs to see that Bommie is for him. I like Sooyoung but she’s not right for him.” 
 
“Oppa you’re the best!” Haein ran to Siwon and gave him a hug.
 
“I know.” I saw him smirking.  He was about to hug my wife back but I ran to him and pushed them apart.
 
“You can’t hug my wife. She’s all mine.” I warned him playfully.
 
“Wow Hae. Someone’s being possessive of his wife! I’ve never seen you like this.” Siwon teased me.
 
“Shut up. Let’s eat. Siwon go make some noodles and rice while I’ll go prepare the meat.”
 
“Yessir!” Siwon smiled at me and left towards the kitchen.  I turned to Haein and pushed her towards our room.
 
“And you… go wash up and come out for food.” 
 
“Yes mom!” I laughed at her comment and headed towards the kitchen.  Siwon saw me coming and made room for me so I can cook the meat.
 
“You must be really happy Hae.” Siwon told me. “I’ve never seen you like this in a while Hae. Does she make you happy?”
 
“She does. My heart beats fast whenever I’m around her. When I’m with her I feel like I don’t need anything else besides her.” I smiled thinking about my Haein.
 
“That’s good Hae. I’m glad you’re happy again. You deserve to be happy. Don’t hurt each other.” He told me.
 
“We won’t.” I smiled at him.
 
“Golly. It’s so weird seeing you smile so much now! But it’s a good thing.” He teased me. “Have you told her about Jieun yet?” Siwon asked me. I stopped cutting the meat.
 
“Yeah. I did. I actually ran into Joon today and he threatened to tell her about Jieun.  In the end, I told her about Jieun so don’t worry.”
 
“How do you feel about Jieun now then?” Before I could answer Haein came into the kitchen.
 
“Wah. It smells so good! Do you guys need any help.” We both turned to her and smiled at her.
 
“Just sit down. We’re almost done.” I told her. She nodded her head and sat at the table waiting for us to be finished. 
 
“Where’s Minho? I haven’t seen him yet.” She asked us.
 
“Minho’s at his parents so he’s not coming home tonight.” Siwon told her.
 
“Ah I see. Is Taeminnie back yet?”
 
“NOONA. HYUNGS. I’M HOME.” Speak of the devil.
 
“Taeminnie we’re in the kitchen!” She yelled for him to hear. “Minji ah, you’re here!” She got up from her seat and ran to Minji and gave her a hug.
 
“De unnie. How are you?” Minji smiled at her. “Hi oppas. Thank you for letting me stay over.” She bowed her head to us.
 
“It’s nothing. Go put your stuff away and join us for a late night snack.” I smiled at her.
 
“WAH. Hyung you’re actually smiling!” Taemin teased me.
 
“Shut up kiddo. Want me to kick you out?!” I threatened him.
 
“I’m sorry hyung. Please forgive me! Babe let’s go to our room and put your stuff away!” He pulled Minji away and ran towards his bedroom.  I felt someone hugging me from behind.
 
“Oppa. You look really y cooking the meat.  This is so the image of a gang leader.” She teased me.  I couldn’t help but laugh out loud.  “I wasn’t trying to be funny.” I can already picture her pouting. 
 
“I’m sorry but I can’t help but laugh. You’re so cute.” I told her.
 
“Are you almost done?”
 
“Yeah. Can you call Eunhyuk out for me?” 
 
“Yes mother.” She teased me and walked away from the kitchen.
 
“I like her better than Jieun.” Siwon told me. “I think she makes you happier than Jieun. That’s just my opinion.”
 
Am I much happier with Haein than I was with Jieun?