Chapter 36

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
It’s been a week since I woke up and I just got discharged a few days ago.  I’ve been resting up at home and Haein’s been coming over every day to take care of her.  I know my mom secretly loves it because she gets to see my Haein.  I would be happy too if I was my mom. Just saying.  I didn’t enjoy resting at all because I’ve been cooped up in my house for days and I’m not allowed to do anything! I keep telling everyone that I’m better and that I can go to work now but my dad wants me to take another week off.  Sigh. A week is really long.  I wanted to go visit Haein today since she can’t come over tonight but mom and Haein didn’t let me.  I was sulking in my room while watching TV when I heard a knock on my door.  I turned off the TV and pretended to sleep. I didn’t want anyone to bother me right now.  The person still went in my room when I didn’t answer them.  I felt that person’s hand grabbing onto my shoulder but I just ignored it.  Then I felt a pair of lips on my cheeks. What the hell? I got up and saw Haein sitting on my bed smiling.
 
“Haein? I thought you couldn’t come tonight!” I told her.
 
“I thought so too but my plans ended earlier then I expected.” She smiled at me. “Why are you in such a bad mood?”
 
“You and umma didn’t let me go visit you! I thought I was going to die if I didn’t see you!” I pouted at her.
 
“Oppa why are you such a baby?” She laughed at me. I just glared at her. “I’m sorry okay? I’m here now.” 
 
“As a punishment, you're mine for the night!” I smirked at her. She was just staring at me like I was crazy.
 
“Oppa the doctor says you have to relax and not do anything that's going to tire you out!” She said while smacking my shoulder.
 
"Yah why are you such a ert? I didn't even think about that!" I told her. "My little Haein isn't innocent anymore."
 
"You're so mean oppa! I'm going to go home now!" She pouted at me and was about to get up but I pulled her down.
 
"I'm just kidding. Spend the night with me?" I told her.
 
"De. No funny business okay?" She told me.
 
"Okay." I smiled at her.
 
"Then I'll spend the night." She smiled back at me.
 
“Good. I missed you baby.” I pulled her into a hug.
 
“I miss you too oppa.” She hugged me back and I kissed her shoulder. “You’re feeling better right oppa?”
 
“De. I have you by my side now so I’m always feeling better.” I told her.
 
“You’re so cheesy!” She broke the hug and smacked me on my shoulder. I just laughed at her and pulled her down on the bed with me.
 
“Let’s sleep now my princess. I love you.” I told her while my hand was caressing her cheek.
 
“I love you too oppa. Thank you for waking up and coming back to me. Thank you for staying by my side.” I smiled at what she said.  I will always be by your side Lee Haein. I’ll never leave you alone.
 
Haein’s POV
 
Donghae is finally working again… his dad gave him permission to start working again and Donghae was thrilled.  I can’t blame him though… he’s been locked up in his house for a week.  I was at work and Ri In and I were working on a cake for a baby shower!  It’s so cute because we have to make a duck shape cake with mini duck shape cupcakes around it!
 
“I love ducks.” Ri In stated.
 
“You only love ducks because they remind you of Junsu oppa. I bet you that you love dolphins too.” I . Ri In didn’t say anything and just blushed.  Yupps, Ri In and Junsu oppa are going out now and Ri In’s really happy.  He treats her well too… you can tell that he really loves her.  I’m glad that Ri In found someone… Now we just need to find a guy for Seulgi unnie.
 
After we were done with making the cake, we had our break time.  
 
“Let’s go find unnie and ask if she wanted to go grab lunch with us.” Ri In said.  We headed towards the main kitchen to see if unnie was there but she wasn’t.  That’s weird.. Unnie should be here.  We asked the workers and they said unnie left somewhere suddenly.  Where is she?
 
We tried finding her everywhere and we finally found her out in the back sitting on the curb crying.  
 
“Unnie! What’s wrong? Are you okay?” We asked her and ran towards her.
 
“H-he asked me to cater for his engagement party.” Unnie cried. She didn’t have to tell us who.  We already knew who it was.
 
“What did you say?” I asked her.
 
“I-I said yes because he’s my senior but it hurts so much. Now I know I don’t have a chance with him.”
 
“Unnie I think you should move on now. He’s not worth your tears unnie.” Ri In said.
 
“I know that but it’s hard. I tried but I just can’t”
 
“It’ll just take some time. Hang in there unnie.” I comforted her.
 
Sigh. I wish unnie would find someone already.
 
I was finally done with work and Donghae called me saying that he wanted to go out for dinner so I was in the front waiting for him. I see his car driving up and I walked towards it.
 
“Sorry. Did you wait long baby?” He asked me while he got out of the car and open the door for me.
 
“Ani. I just got out five minutes ago.” I smiled at him and got in the car.
 
“So what do you feel like?” He asked me while driving off.
 
“Anything’s fine.” I told him.
 
“Alright then. I can choose right?” He asked me.
 
“De.” He didn’t say anything and kept on driving.  We finally arrived at a really nice restaurant. “We’re going to eat here?”
 
“Yeah. Why?”
 
“It looks so expensive.”
 
“Don’t worry. I’ll pay for it.” He laughed at me.
 
When we walked in the restaurant there was no one there.  It was just us and there was a table in the middle with candles just for us.  
 
“Did you plan this?” I asked him.
 
“Maybe. Maybe not.” He told me.
 
We ordered dinner and started eating.  It was really good. The steak was super tender and juicy and I loved the texture of it.  After we were done, Donghae asked if I wanted dessert but I didn’t feel like it today.  Out of nowhere the lights went out.  What’s going on.
 
“Oppa. What’s happening?” I asked him but got no response from him.  A light then shone at him and he was sitting on a piano.  What is he doing?
 
“I wrote this for you Lee Haein. I love you.”  He said before he started playing on the piano.
 
That it’s gonna be okay
That it’s gonna be over right away
That as time goes by, it’s gonna fade away
I’ve been living with that belief
 
Sometimes because of my bad behaviour
I’ve hurt you
Now little by little
I promise you that I’ll change
 
Even on cold nights, even on lonely nights
You were always there for me
But where are you (now)?
 
So much that I can see only you
So much that I can love only you
Only you can make my heart
Running toward you, breathing because of you
 
When you look at me, when you love me
I can’t give you for anything in this world
Now stay in my embrace like this
 
Always stay just like that, just like that
And say that you love me, you love me like this
Always smile just like that, just like that
And say that you’re happy, you’re happy like this
 
Even on cold nights, even on lonely nights
You were always there for me
But where are you (now)?
 
So much that I can see only you
So much that I can love only you
Only you can make my heart
Running toward you, breathing because of you
 
When you look at me, when you love me
I can’t give you for anything in this world
Now stay in my embrace like this
 
Sometimes when I’m down, sometimes when I’m tired
As my tears drop, I think of you
Not until now have I realized
The love that you showed me
 
When you look at me, when you love me
I can’t give you for anything in this world
Now stay in my embrace like this
 
Love Love Love, Love Love Love
And now again, I’m gonna
I’m gonna love you
Always just like now
 
After he was done singing he went over to me and smiled at me.  
 
“I love you Lee Haein.  Always have and always will. I promise you that I’ll love only you for the rest of my life.  I won’t look at anyone else… you’ll be the only person that I’ll look at.  I know that I’ve given you so many bad memories but give me a chance to make new ones with you.  I don’t think I can live without you Lee Haein. You’re the one that I want to be with.” He said and he got down on one knees. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you Haein. I want to start a new chapter in my life with you. I want to start a family with you.  I want you to be the first person I wake up to and the last person I see.  You’re the one Lee Haein. You’re the true owner of my heart so you better keep it safe from now on.  Lee Haein, will you marry me? Please marry me again. I promise you this time that I’ll be a better husband and I’ll cherish you for the rest of my life. I love you Lee Haein and I want to spend the rest of my life with just you.”
 
I can’t believe it. He’s proposing.  He wants to marry me again!? I didn’t realize I was crying until he took his thumbs and wiped my tears away. Do I want to marry him? Do I want to spend the rest of my life with him?  I can see our future together and it’s everything that I’ve been hoping for.
 
“Yes. I’ll marry you Lee Donghae but you better promise me that you won’t hurt me anymore. You better not leave me. You better promise to always be my side and never let me go.” I told him and he pulled me into a hug.
 
“I promise you babe.” He broke the hug and smiled at me.  He took my hand and slid the ring on my finger.
 
“It’s beautiful.” I told him.
 
“Bom helped me picked it out.  She picked it out according to your taste.” He smiled at me.
 
“I love you Lee Donghae.”
 
“I love you too Lee Haein. Thank you for making me the luckiest man in the world.”
 
No thank you Lee Donghae for making me the luckiest woman in the world.  Thank you for loving me only.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
We told everyone the good news and everyone was happy for us.  It’s been a few weeks since I proposed to her and we’ve both been busy planning the wedding.  Haein’s really excited and she’s been showing me what she wants and asking me if it’s fine with me.  I’m fine with whatever as long as it makes my Haein happy.  I was getting ready to pick up Haein for a date.  I had a surprise for her and I’m sure she’s going to love me for it.  I got my jacket and left my office and headed towards Haein’s workplace. I finally arrived and she got in my car.
 
“Hey oppa!” She smiled at me and leaned in and gave me a kiss on my cheeks.
 
“Hey baby.” I replied and held her hand while driving off.
 
“So where are we going oppa?” She asked me.
 
“It’s a surprise.” I smiled at her.
 
“Can’t you just tell me? You know I hate surprises.” She pouted at me.
 
“Your pouts aren’t going to work this time. Just wait and see.” I told her.
 
“I hate you.” She replied.
 
“I love you too.”
 
We finally arrived at our destination and we both got out of the car.  We were in front of an empty shop and Haein turned to me and she looked confused.
 
“What are we doing at an empty shop? Is this some kind of prank you’re playing on me?” She asked me. I just laughed at her. “What’s so funny?”
 
“Yes it is an empty shop.  It’s your empty shop though.” I told her.
 
“What?” She asked me.
 
“Remember the first time when you told me that you wanted to go back to school and open a shop with Bom when you finish school and I promised you that I’ll open one for you.  Well here’s my promise to you. I’m sorry it took over two years to finally fulfill my promise.” I told her. She didn’t say anything… she was in shock.
 
“You remembered?” She asked me.
 
“I remember everything about you Haein… it just goes straight into my memories.  Even the bad bad memories of you.” I told her truthfully. “Bom already knows about it and she’s willing to leave her work and run the shop with you. Same goes for Ri In and Seul gi. I got Kyuhyun’s permission.”
 
“T-they said they would want to work here?” She asked again.
 
“Yeah. They thought it’d be fun to work with their close friends.” I told her. “Do you like it? I mean the idea and your gift.  I wanted to get you this gift as an early wedding present.” 
 
“I love it Lee Donghae.” She came over to me and hugged me. “Thank you for this. It means the world to me. Why are you so sweet? You’re always surprising me with wonderful things and I haven’t done anything this big for you.”
 
“You already have.” I told her which caused her to break the hug and look at me. “By loving me and agreeing to spend the rest of your life with me.  That’s all I ask of you. That’s the greatest gift I can ever ask for.”
 
“I"m not going to say anything but I love you.” She told me while I pulled her into another hug.
 
“I love you too Haein ah. Remember that." I told her and broke the hug and pulled in for a kiss.