Chapter 27

Baby Don't Cry

 

=Two Years Later=
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Two years have passed and a lot has happened during these two years.  The guys and I are no longer in a gang.  We left the gang two years ago… we all decided that we shouldn’t live life like that. Our parents would be really disappointed if we kept on living like that.  We decided to take over our family’s company.  My parents were thrilled when I told them the news but my mom was sad that Haein wasn’t here.  She was happy that Jieun is back but I can tell that my mom loves Haein more.  I haven’t seen her in two years.  The last thing I heard about her was that she went over to Paris to study abroad.  I’m still with Jieun and Jieun is currently working at a fashion magazine as an editor.  The guys are okay with her… they don’t really like her as much anymore.  They all prefer Haein better.  Bom and Jieun don’t like each other anymore.  Bom hates her guts.  She doesn’t care if Jieun is her cousin.
 
The guys and I still talk a lot even though we don’t live together anymore.  I live with my parents again.  I’ve been away from home for too long…  I was on my way back to Korea since I had an oversea business trip.  My flight finally ended and I went to go get my luggage.  I felt my phone ringing and it was Jieun calling me.
 
“Are you here babe?” I heard her asking me.
 
“I just landed and I’m heading towards my car.” I told her.
 
“Let’s go eat tonight? Can you pick me up?” 
 
“Yeah I can pick you up. You’ll be at work right?”
 
“Yeah I’ll be at work.” She told me. 
 
I was about to say something but I saw someone familiar a few feet away from me.  It was Haein! She’s gotten so much prettier over these two years.  Her hair was tied up in a bun and she was wearing a strapless floral dress with a pink cardigan over.  How in the world can someone be this beautiful.  Is it really her though? Maybe I’m just seeing things.  I decided to walk over to her to see if it was her. Then a group of people walked in front of me. Once they were gone, Haein was gone. Maybe I’m just seeing her. She’s still in Paris.
 
“Oppa? Are you still there?” I heard Jieun asking me.
 
“Oh. Sorry. I was getting my luggage. Yeah I’m here. I’ll see you tonight. I’m going to drive now. I’ll see you later.” I told her and hung up on her.  Was it really Haein that I just saw?  Wait why do I even care?
 
Haein’s POV
 
I was at the airport waiting for Bommie to come pick me up. She would be late!!! Where is this woman!? She would leave her best friend, who she hasn’t seen in two years, waiting at the airport! I was finally done with school and I’m officially a pastry chef! I can cook too if I wanted to. Korea still looks the same…
 
“Haeinnie!!! I’m so sorry that I’m late!! I got caught up in work!!!” Bommie yelled at me from her car. I just rolled my eyes at her.
 
“I can’t believe you made me wait! It’s been two years!” I pouted at her.
 
“I’m sorry. Come in!” She told me and I grabbed my bags and walked to her car. I loaded my bags in and got into the passenger seat.
 
“WELCOME BACK HAEINNIE!” she pulled me into a hug. “I’ll take you to your new home now.” I just laughed at her and she drove off.
 
“We’re finally here!” Bommie told me and we got off her car. We got my luggage and headed upstairs. The place was really nice. It was small but homey.  I looked around and everything was in place. I love this place already.
 
“I love it!” I smiled at Bommie.
 
“Welcome to your new home.” She told me.
 
“Is it really okay for me to stay here?” I asked her.
 
“Of course! I don’t even live here anymore! I moved in with Hyukjae oppa so don’t worry about anything!” 
 
“Thanks a lot Bommie! I’ll treat you out for dinner tomorrow! You and Eunhyuk oppa!” I told her.
 
“Okay! It’s a date then! I have to get back to work now! I’ll see you tomorrow!”
 
After Bommie left, I decided to unpack all my things and settle in.  I didn’t realize this but I have a lot of clothes! Why do I have so much?! It’s all your fault Paris!  After three hours, I was finally settled in!  I decided to go to bed. I know it’s still early but I was tired and I wanted my sleep.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was in my office working when I heard a knock on my door.
 
“Come in.” 
 
“Wow. You’re so busy! You don’t even have time for your best friend.” I smiled when I heard who it was. 
 
“Yah monkey. You’re busy too!” I told him.
 
“True. Are you free tonight? Or do you have plans already?” He asked me.
 
“I’m free. What’s up?”
 
“Want to go out with dinner with me and Bommie. She said she has a surprise for me but I’m scared.  So I want to bring you along.”
 
“Yeah. Just text me the time and place and I’ll meet you there.”
 
“Cool. Well Mr. Hotshot, I’ll let you go back to work now. I’ll see you tonight.”
 
“Okay. See you tonight.” I told him.  I wonder what Bom’s surprise for Eunhyuk is. Maybe she’s pregnant with his child.
 
It was finally time to go eat dinner with Eunhyuk and Bom. Eunhyuk texted me to meet him at some new restaurant that just opened up. I texted Jieun and told her that I was grabbing dinner with Eunhyuk. If I told her that Bom was there, then she would want to tag along. I know Bom wouldn’t like that though.
 
“Hae you’re here!” I saw Eunhyuk waving to me. 
 
“Hey guys.” I told them. I looked over at Bom and she looked surprised.
 
“What are you doing here?” Bom asked me.
 
“I invited him. Is there a problem?” Eunhyuk asked her.
 
“Ani.” She said. “But there will be once the surprise gets here.” She mumbled something.
 
“What was that?” Eunhyuk asked her.
 
“Nothing. Just sit down Donghae.” she told me.
 
“Yah. Why are you being so informal to him?” Eunhyuk scolded her. “He’s older than you by three years!” She was about to say something but someone cut in.
 
“I’M SO SORRY I’M LATE! THERE WAS TRAFFIC AND I GOT LOST!” Was that Haein’s voice?! I looked to see where the voice was coming from and there she was right in front of me.  So it was Haein that I saw at the airport! She was still beautiful as ever.
 
“Haein?! You’re back?! Is this the surprise?!” Eunhyuk said out loud.
 
“Hi Eunhyuk oppa! It’s been a while!” Haein smiled at Eunhyuk. Her smile faded when she saw me. She stared at me for a few seconds and then looked away.  This was going to be an interesting dinner.