Chapter 55

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
The week is going by so slowly.  I feel like I’m going to die because it’s been so long since I last seen my Haein and Jaeha.  I know it’s only been a few days but that’s forever in my book!  I was currently in my hotel working on documents to get them ready for my clients tomorrow.  I hope everything goes well tomorrow because this is a big deal for our company.  And if things goes well tomorrow, I would be able to go back to Haein and Jaeha earlier.  My phone started ringing and it was Haein calling. 
 
“Hello?” I answered.
 
“Oppa.” She said.  She sounded different. Did something happen to her?
 
“Baby. What’s wrong? Why does your voice sound like that?”
 
“Nothing’s wrong with me.” She replied.
 
“Baby don’t lie to me. What’s wrong?” I asked her again.
 
“I just miss you oppa.” She cried.
 
“Baby please don’t cry.” I told her. “I’ll be back in a few days okay?”
 
“I just miss you. Everything feels empty. I know I have Jaeha but I need you too.” She said. I feel bad. I didn’t want to leave her alone like this.  Stupid business trip.
 
“I miss you too baby. I’m sorry that I had to leave you. I’ll be back okay? Hang in there baby. You’re strong. Jaeha will take care of you for me okay?” I told her.
 
“Is this going to be your last business trip?” She asked me. 
 
“It’s not baby.” I told her. I couldn’t lie to her. “But you guys can go with me next time okay?” 
 
“Promise?” She asked.
 
“I promise. Stop crying baby. It hurts me to see you cry.” I told her and I heard her giggling.
 
“Oppa. You can’t see me crying. You mean hearing right?” She told me.
 
“I’m sorry baby. I’m glad you’re feeling better.” I told her. “I’ll be back soon. Take care of Jaeha for me and take care of yourself.”
 
“Alright oppa.  Take care of yourself too oppa. I love you and good luck on your deal.” She told me.
 
“I have to go now baby. I’ll call you when I’m done okay?”
 
“Alright. I love you.”
 
“I love you too. Bye.”
 
After the phone call, I felt even worse.  I feel so bad for leaving Haein all by herself.  I just wish this was all done with so I can go back to my beautiful wife and my lovely son.  Please say yes to the deal tomorrow. I really need to go back to my wife.  After a few more hours, I was finally done with the documents.  I went to bed and prayed to God that everything will go well tomorrow.
 
It was finally time for my meeting and I was in the café waiting for the client to show up.  I checked the time and he was fifteen minutes late.  Where the hell is he?
 
“I’m sorry I’m late. I got caught up in traffic. Sorry.” I heard a male voice saying. 
 
“It’s okay.” I told him and he sat down.  How come he looks so familiar? Where did I see this guy from? “Do I know you?”
 
“No but I know you.” He told me.
 
“How?” I asked him curiously.
 
“I’m Yang Seungho.” He told me.  That still doesn’t ring a bell.
 
“I don’t know a Seungho.” I told him.
 
“Well how about this? Lee Joon.”
 
“What does Lee Joon have to do with this?” I asked him.
 
“He was your enemy back then. We were rival gangs.” He told me.
 
“Rival gangs? Wait. You’re MBLAQ’s gang leader?”
 
“De. Nice to meet you. But I was but not anymore.” He smiled at me.
 
“Ah. I see. Nice to meet you Seungho-ssi.” I told him.
 
“Just call me Seungho.”
 
“De. Well here are the documents. You can look them over and see if you agree with the terms.” I told him while handing him the documents.
 
“I don’t need to go over these documents. I’d like to sign a deal with your company.” He smiled at me.  What the hell? 
 
“W-why?” I asked him.
 
“Thank Haein for me. I owe her a favor and this is how I’ll repay the favor for her.” He told me.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked him curiously.
 
“Haein and I knew each other when we were both in Paris for school.  She introduced me to my wife now and I told her that I’m going to make it up to her one day.” He told me. “She introduced me and set me up with the love of my life.”
 
“I see.”
 
“And when I found out that your company needed a sponsor for this deal I thought that this would be a good way to repay Haein.” He told me.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him.
 
“Well I’ll sign the paper works when we get back to Korea. You should go back to Korea to Haein now. I know that she misses you. My wife told me so you should be heading back now.” He told me.
 
“Thank you so much.” I smiled at him.
 
“Tell Haein that we should all meet up one day.”
 
“Alright. Thanks again.” I can’t believe it. Thank you God for hearing my prayers.  I walked back to my room and called my secretary to book me a flight as soon as possible.  I was packing all my things and my secretary called back to tell me that I have a flight in two hours.  After I was done packing, I checked out of the hotel and headed towards the airport.  Haein, wait for me… I’m coming home for you now.
 
Haein’s POV
 
I felt like an idiot. I can’t believe I called Donghae and cried to him.  I’m suppose to be the mature one! I bet you he thinks I’m needy.  Sigh. You’re an idiot Haein.  It’s all Park Soyeon’s fault!  Park Soyeon was my only friend when I went to school in Paris.  We were pretty close because we didn’t know anyone else who spoke our language so we leaned on each other.  Well, I ran into her yesterday when I was at the market and we were catching up.  She told me how her and Seungho ended up getting married and how life is great for them.  She went on and on with how perfect her life is.  It made me think about Donghae and miss him.  That’s why I freaking called him last night and cried to him.
 
I was currently in my room on the computer while Jaeha was sleeping next to me.  He’s so cute when he’s sleeping.  I was just searching for random things online when I decided to call Donghae. I wonder how his deal went.  I dialed his number but it went straight to voicemail.  I guess he’s still in the middle of his meeting.  I decided to take a nap with Jaeha.  I ended up sleeping for an hour since Jaeha decides to wake me up since he already woke me up already.
 
“Is my baby already awake?” I asked him while smiling. He just giggled at me and put his fingers in his mouth. “Oh no baby. That’s dirty!”
 
I took his hand out of his mouth which caused him to cry.
 
“Baby don’t cry now.” I told him and took out his pacifier and gave it to him.  He stopped crying and just lied there on it. “Aigoo why are you so cute?”
 
I decided to just stay in bed and play with him. I’ll order take out later for food then. I played with him for an hour until I heard the doorbell ringing.  I wonder who’s here.
 
“Jaeha stay here okay? Be a good boy. Umma will be back.” I smiled at him and walked towards the door. 
 
I looked at the screen to see who it was but someone was covering the screen.  Who the heck is at the door? I decided to open it and saw that it was Donghae.  He had a big smile on his face.
 
“Oppa!” I smiled and pulled him into a hug. “What are you doing here? There’s still a few more days left.”
 
“You don’t want me back? I’ll go back then.” He told me and was about to break the hug.
 
“No. I’m kidding. I’m glad you’re back oppa.” I pulled him closer to me. “Let’s go inside now oppa.”
 
“Alright.” He broke the hug and walked inside. “Where’s Jaeha?”
 
“He’s inside the room. Let’s go inside now.” I smiled at him and we walked into our bedroom.  Jaeha was sitting up playing with his hands and once he saw Donghae he pulled out his arms.
 
“Did you miss me baby?” Donghae smiled and carried Jaeha in his arms.  Jaeha was giggling and snuggling into Donghae’s chest. “I miss you too baby.”
 
“You don’t miss me?” I pouted at him.
 
“I miss the both of you guys. Come here.” He smiled at me.
 
“It’s fine. You guys should spend some time with each other. I’m going to go unpack your luggage now. Have fun with each other.” I winked at him and left our bedroom.
 
I took his luggage and started unpacking everything.  He had a bag of dirty laundry so I decided to go wash them for him.  After I was done with everything, I decided to cook dinner since Jaeha has someone to play with now.  I opened the fridge and saw that I had a piece of meat so I decided to marinate it and have a mini BBQ.  I went to go cook the rice and prepared the side dishes.  I was in the middle of marinating the meat when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.
 
“What’s my baby cooking?” Donghae asked me.
 
“We’re just going to have a mini BBQ tonight.” I told him and he turned me around. “Where’s Jaeha?”
 
“He’s sleeping again.”
 
“I see. So you didn’t explain to me why you’re back so early.” I smiled at him.
 
“I met an old friend of yours who turned out to be my client.  He apparently owes you a favor and decided to sign with our company as the favor.” He told me.
 
“An old friend who owes me a favor?” I asked.
 
“De. Apparently you hooked him up with his wife.”
 
“OH. Seungho oppa!” I smiled. “That’s funny. I ran into his wife yesterday at the market.”
 
“Really now?” He grinned.
 
“De. What a small world. Well I think I have to call Seungho and say thank you for sending my husband back to me.” 
 
“He says we should all go out and eat some day.”
 
“That sounds like a good idea to me.” I leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips.
 
“That’s all I get after not seeing you?” He pouted.
 
“I still need to cook dinner.” I told him.
 
“Fine. We’ll finish this after dinner.” He smirked. “Do you need help with anything?”
 
“Can you set the table and put out all the side dishes.”
 
“Okay.”
 
After dinner, Donghae helped me clean up and we both got ready for bed.  We know for sure that Jaeha won’t be waking up until the morning.  I was on my bed waiting for Donghae to be finished with getting ready.  I was reading a book when I heard the door open.  I looked up and saw Donghae smirking.  What is he planning?  He walked over to the bed and got in.  He took my book and closed it.
 
“I didn’t even bookmark my page!” I whined. “Why’d you even do that?”
 
“I already told you that we were going to finish after dinner.” He said and leaned in for a kiss.
 
“Who says I’m going to finish this with you?” I used my hand and blocked my lips.
 
“I did.” He smirked and got on top of me. “I suggest you give in to my demands or else I’ll just force you.”
 
“You wouldn’t!” I said.
 
“Try me.” He kissed me passionately.  I definitely missed kissing him.  We broke the kiss after a few good minutes.
 
“I hate you.” I pouted.
 
“So what do you say?” He smiled.
 
“I love you.” I smiled and pulled him into a kiss.  
 
“I knew you would give in.” He grinned and pulled the blanket over us.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I woke up and saw that it was seven in the morning.  I’m surprised that Jaeha isn’t crying yet.  Maybe he’s still sleeping.  I felt Haein in my arms.  Last night was incredible and she said she didn’t want to finish with me.  I gave her a kiss on her head and got out of bed carefully.  I didn’t want to wake her up because I knew she was probably tired.  I put on my shirt and walked over to Jaeha’s room.  I was surprised that he didn’t even cry and he’s awake already.  He was playing with his toys while giggling.  He saw that I was in the room and reached out for me.  I walked to him and carried him.
 
“You’re such a good son. You didn’t even cry today.  You didn’t want to wake your mom and I up huh? You’re so cute.” I smiled at him. 
 
I sat down on the floor and put him down with me.  He was playing with the toys while I just sat there and watched him.  I’m thankful to have Jaeha in my life.  I can’t believe Haein and I made a life together.  I love my life.  I heard Jaeha gibbering something which made me laugh.
 
“Are you trying to talk to me son?” I laughed at him which caused him to giggle along with me. “You’re saying I should take your mom out on a date?”
 
It’s been a while since Haein and I got to have some time to ourselves.  I know she’s always either working or home taking care of Jaeha.  She needs a night out and I decided to plan a special night for the both of us.  I took out my phone and dialed my mom’s number.
 
“Donghae?”
 
“Umma. Are you busy today?” I asked her.
 
“Ani. Why?”
 
“I wanted to take Haein out tonight so I was wondering if you can watch Jaeha for a few hours.”
 
“YES. BRING HIM OVER RIGHT NOW!” My mom screamed through the phone.
 
“I will later umma. I’m not taking her out until later.” I laughed at my eager mom.
 
“Alright. Just bring him over as soon as possible. I want to spend some time with my grandson. You guys should stay out for the night.”
 
“Umma. That’s not possible.” I laughed at her.
 
“At least I tried.” She sighed.
 
“Alright. Thanks a lot umma and I’ll call you when we’re on the way.” I told her.
 
“Okay. Bye Donghae ah.”
 
Jaeha was sitting in my laps now and playing with my phone.  He had a big smile on his face while drooling.  I took the cloth and wiped his mouth.  He then put the phone in his mouth and started giggling.
 
“Baby that’s dirty. Don’t do that okay?” I took the phone out of his mouth and gave him his chew toy.  He took the chew toy and stuff it in his mouth while he was still playing on my phone. “You’re going to grandma’s for a bit okay? Appa’s going to take your umma out for a bit.”
 
He didn’t even pay attention to what I was saying… he was too busy playing with my phone.  I heard the door opening and saw Haein walking in the room.  
 
“What are my boys doing?” She smiled at us. 
 
Once Jaeha heard Haein’s voice he dropped my phone and looked up at Haein.  He reached out for her and Haein picked him up and sat down next to me.  She was showering him with kisses and he was giggling.
 
“Jaeha will be at umma’s for a while.” I told her.
 
“Why?” She asked.
 
“I’m taking you out on a date tonight.” I smiled at her.
 
“Really? Your mom doesn’t mind?” 
 
“Ani. She told me to bring Jaeha over right now.” I told her which caused her to laugh.
 
“You hear that Jaeha? Your grandma loves you so much. You better not give her a hard time.” She kissed him on the cheeks. “What time are we going?”
 
“Let’s start our date at 6.” I told her.
 
“Okay.” She smiled. “What are we going to do?”
 
“It’s a surprise.”
 
“I hate surprises.” She pouted.
 
“I know you do but you’ll just have to wait and see.” I pinched her nose.
 
“You .”
 
It was finally time for our date and we just dropped Jaeha’s off at my mom’s.  I decided to take her out for dinner first.  There was this new pasta and steak place that just opened and I decided to take her there.  I knew that she loves pasta and Italian food.  We finally arrived at the place and we walked inside.
 
“What place is this?” She asked me.
 
“Some new pasta and steak place. Let’s try it okay?”
 
“De.” She smiled and we were both seated at a table.
 
We both ordered our food and the wine was brought out to us.
 
“To a wonderful date.” I toasted.
 
“To a wonderful date.” She smiled. “This feels nice. To be out alone with you.  I’m not saying it’s a bad thing that we’re never alone but some times I miss spending alone time with you.”
 
“I miss it too but I’m happy that we have Jaeha.” I told her.
 
“Me too. I wouldn’t change it.” She smiled.
 
Our food arrived and I could tell that she was enjoying it.  I decided to give her half of my steak.
 
“It’s okay. You eat it. I’m getting full so just eat it.” She told me.
 
“It’s fine. I know you like it.” I told her and put the steak on her plate.
 
“Thanks.” She grinned at me and just ate her food in peace.
 
After we were done with our entrée, we paid for our bill and left.  I took her to the pastry shop and bought a bunch of sweets.  Then we headed towards the Han River.
 
“Oppa what are we doing here and why did you buy so much pastries?” She asked me.
 
“Let’s just eat the pastries here okay?” I told her and handed her a pastry.
 
“De.” She said and grabbed the pastry.  She put her head on my shoulder while eating the sweets.  I looked at the watch and it was time.
 
The river started shooting water up towards the sky and they each had a different color.  I looked over and saw that Haein’s head was off my shoulder and that she was amazed by what was happening.   was opened and I can’t help but laugh at her.  She looked like a little kid.  Then fireworks were shot in the sky which caused her the gasp.  She was smiling and admiring the view in front of her.  After a good twenty minutes, the show was finally finished.
 
“You like it?” I asked her.
 
“Since when did they do that stuff at the Han River?” She asked me.
 
“Since I asked them to.”
 
“You asked them to do all that?” 
 
“Yupps. I asked them to do that for you.” I smiled at her. “Did you enjoy it?”
 
“I love it.” She smiled at me. “Thank you oppa.”
 
“Anything for you baby.” I pulled her in for a kiss. 
 
“Tonight was perfect.” She broke the kiss and our foreheads were touching.
 
“I have one last surprise for you.” I told her and took a box out of my pockets.
 
“What is this?” She asked me and I handed her the box.
 
“Open it.” I told her and she opened the box and saw a little tiffany heart necklace.  I got it for her while I was on my business trip.
 
“Oppa. It’s beautiful.” She said. “You didn’t have to.”
 
“But I wanted to.” I smiled at her. “I’ll put it on for you.”
 
“De.” She smiled and turned around so I can place it on her neck. “I love it. Thank you oppa.”
 
“I already told you this many times Haein. I’d do anything for you. You know that right?” I told her.
 
“De and I’d do anything for you too oppa.” She said.
 
“I love you Haein. Thank you for coming into my life.” I pulled her into a hug.
 
“I love you too oppa. Thank you for saving me.” She hugged me back.
 
I didn’t save you Haein… you were the one who saved me from everything. Thank you Haein and I love you so much.