Chapter 50

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
It’s been a few months since everything happened.  Everything is back to normal and I couldn’t ask for anything better than that.  Donghae’s back at work now and the company’s been busier than ever.  I don’t see him as much anymore.  He would sometimes stay overnight at the company working on the deals.  It’s understandable though… it’s his work.  I was currently at the shop working with the girls.
 
“It’s almost Christmas time!” Minji exclaimed.
 
“I know. I can’t believe it’s Christmas already.” Bommie said.
 
“We should have a potluck!” Seulgi unnie suggested.
 
“It’d be so fun! We should have it at Haein’s since it’s the biggest.” Ri In told us.
 
“What do you say unnie?!” Minji asked me.
 
“Arasso. Let’s have it at my house then. We should do secret Santa!” 
 
“We should! Just for us girls though!” Bommie said.
 
“Why don’t we do it with all the other guys?” Seulgi unnie asked.
 
“I already got Hyukjae oppa his.” Bommie stated.
 
“Fine. The guys can do their own secret Santa while the girls have their own.” Ri In said.
 
“Sounds good. Let’s do it right now.” I told them.
 
We ripped five pieces of paper and wrote our names on them.  We put them in the hat and passed the hat around to each other.  I got Minji.  I’ll have to ask Taemin what Minji wants for Christmas later.  I felt my phone vibrating and it was Donghae calling.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Are you busy right now?”
 
“I’m working with the girls. Why?”
 
“I just wanted to have lunch with you that’s why.”
 
“I’ll ask the girls to cover for me.  What do you want oppa? I’ll pick something up and we can just eat at your office. I know the deal is due soon so you should work on finishing the deal.”
 
“Why is my baby so thoughtful. Just pick up something and surprise me. Just come up when you’re here. I’ll tell my secretary that you’re on the way so you don’t need to check in or anything. Be careful okay? And I love you.”
 
“I love you too. I’ll see you soon.” I told him and hung up.
 
“Was that Donghae oppa?” Bommie asked me.
 
“De. Can I go out for lunch?” I asked the girls.
 
“Go ahead. Come back whenever you like.” Seulgi unnie told me.
 
“Are you sure? I feel bad cause I’m never working that much.” I told them.
 
“This is basically your shop woman. Donghae paid for it so you’re the boss.” Ri In told me.
 
“Just go unnie. We can manage without you.” Minji told me.
 
“Thanks girls. I’ll see you later.” I smiled at them and got my belongings and headed towards the door.
 
I decided to get some pizza for Donghae and I.  I arrived at his company and his secretary let me in and was about to walk me to Donghae’s office but I told her that there’s no need.  I knocked on the door and I heard Donghae telling me to come in.  I walked in and saw Donghae glued on his document.  He didn’t even look up to see who knocked on his door.  
 
“My baby is such a hardworking husband.” I spoke up which cause him to look up at me and close the documents.
 
“You’re here.” He smiled at me and walked over and took the pizza box from my hands and led me to his couch. “You bought pizza?”
 
“What? You don’t like it? I was craving it.” I told him.
 
“Ani. I love pizza. Let’s eat.” He told me and opened the box and placed a slice on my plate and handed it to me.  
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him and took the plate from his hand.  I was about to take a bite but my stomach started feeling funny.  The smell of the pizza made me want to puke.  I placed the plate down and ran to the bathroom.  I started throwing up.
 
“Baby are you okay?! I’m coming in.” Donghae yelled from the outside.  He entered and was patting my back while I was throwing up. “What’s wrong baby?”
 
“I don’t know. The pizza smell made me want to throw up.  There’s this funny feeling in my stomach.” I told him.
 
He just stood there looking at me.  Why isn’t he saying anything.
 
“Oppa what’s wrong?”
 
“Do you think you’re pregnant?” He asked me.
 
“W-what?” I asked.
 
“It makes sense. You couldn’t stand the smell so that’s why you threw up. We should go to the doctors.” He told me.
 
Is it possible for me to pregnant again when I just lost my baby?
 
“A-are you sure?” I asked him.
 
“I’m not sure. But I have a feeling. Let’s get you to the doctors.” He said and helped me up.
 
“Wait what about your deal?” I asked him.
 
“The deal can wait. You’re more important to me. Let’s go.” He told me and guided me to his car.  He told his secretary that he’s going out for a bit and that she covers for him.
 
We arrived at the hospital and he signed in for me.  We were waiting for the nurse to call us in.  This brought back memories when I first found out that I was pregnant. 
 
“Mrs. Lee Haein?” I heard the nurse calling me.
 
“De.” I answered.
 
“Please follow me. Your husband needs to wait out here while we run some tests on you.” She told me.
 
“De.” I told her and I gave all my things to Donghae to hold.
 
After a few tests, the nurse told me to sit and wait in the doctors room.  She brought Donghae in the room with me and we both sat there patiently waiting for the results.  I hope I’m pregnant but I don’t want to get my hopes up.  The doctor finally came in the room and he had a smile on his face.
 
“You kids again.” He said.
 
“De. Is something wrong with me doctor? My husband thinks I’m pregnant. Is it possible for me to be pregnant when I just lost my baby?” I asked him.
 
“Nothing’s wrong with you Mrs. Lee. It’s possible to be pregnant again even if you just lost your baby.  And your husband is correct.  Congratulations Mrs. Lee, you’re about four weeks pregnant.” The doctor smiled at us.
 
“W-we’re pregnant again?” I asked the doctor.
 
“De. Congratulations.  I’ll prescribe with some vitamins again.  You guys know the procedure. Mr. Lee please take care for your wife from now on.”
 
“De. Thank you doctor.” Donghae told him while he had a big grin on his face.
 
After picking up the vitamins, Donghae and I headed towards our car.  Out of nowhere I felt myself being picked up and spun around.
 
“WE’RE GOING TO BE PARENTS. WE’RE PREGNANT AGAIN. I’LL MAKE SURE NOTHING HAPPENS THIS TIME! I’M SO HAPPY! I LOVE YOU LEE HAEIN. YOU’RE THE BEST WIFE EVER!” He told me.
 
“Donghae put me down! I’m getting dizzy.” I told him and he put me down and pulled me into a hug.
 
“I love you Haein. Thank you.”
 
“I love you too. I can’t believe we’re pregnant again.” I told him.
 
He broke the hug and started rubbing my tummy.
 
“Baby ah. Appa will protect you from now on.  I won’t let anything happen to you anymore. Please don’t give your umma a hard time. I love you baby ah and I can’t wait to see you.” He told our baby and gave my tummy a kiss.
 
“Oppa stop it! This is embarrassing. Let’s go back to your office now.” I told him.
 
“Arasso. Let’s go.” He pulled me into the car and we headed towards the company.  I won’t let anything happen to the baby this time.  I’ll make sure of it.  Baby ah, umma will protect you from now on.
 
We decided to tell everyone the news at the Christmas party.  His mom was the first one to find out because we didn’t want to keep this news from her.  She was ecstatic and told us that she’s going to make sure nothing is going to happen to me.  We asked her to keep it a secret until Christmas time which was a week away.  Donghae and I were at the mall shopping for our secret Santa’s gift.  I have to get Minji something while Donghae has to get Taemin something.  It’s freaky how we got them.
 
“Babe. What are you going to get Minji?” Donghae asked me.
 
“I don’t know. Taemin said she likes to build gundams a lot. So I’ll just get her a few models.” I told him. “What about you? What are you going to get Taemin?”
 
“I don’t know. I just know that kid likes to eat.” Donghae told me.
 
“You can’t just buy him food for Christmas oppa!” I laughed.
 
“Why not? He’s going to love me for life.” Donghae grinned at me.
 
“You can’t wrap food!”
 
“I’ll just get him a gift card to a nice restaurant. He can take Minji there if he wants. How does that sound?” He asked me.
 
“That doesn’t sound too bad.” I smiled at him. “Why don’t you just get him a gift card to that new fried chicken and pizza place. I heard it’s really good.”
 
“Let’s go then.” He said and we walked to the pizza place.
 
“Hi how many people?” The waiter asked us.
 
“Actually I would like to get a gift card.” Donghae told the waiter.
 
“Alright sir. How much would you like to put in it?”
 
“300” Donghae said.
 
“W-what?” The waiter asked.
 
“I’d like to put 300 in the card please.” Donghae told her. I could tell that she was surprised.  300 was a lot but Taemin eats a lot so I understand why Donghae is putting so much in the card.
 
“Here’s your gift card sir. Thank you and come again.” The waiter told us and we left.
 
“Did you see how shocked she was?” I laughed.
 
“I know. But Taemin eats a lot so 300 is nothing.” He told me.
 
“I was thinking the same thing!” I told him.
 
“Are you hungry yet baby? You have to remember to feed our baby okay? If you’re hungry just tell me.” Donghae told me.
 
“De. I’m not hungry yet. Let’s go look for Minji’s gift.” I said and we walked over to the toy store.  
 
The store had so many different models of the gundams.  I don’t even know which ones to get Minji.  I ended up choosing five new models for Minji and paid for them.
 
“The man looked shocked because you spent about 200 on those models.” Donghae told me.
 
“Well Minji’s a gundam freak so he wouldn’t understand.” I smiled at him.
 
“I want to get Bommie something too but that would beat the purpose of secret Santa. The other girls will wonder why I didn’t get them anything.” I pouted at him.
 
“You might as well buy something for all of them then.” He told me.
 
“Should I?” I asked.
 
“If you want.” He said.
 
“What should I get for Bommie then?”
 
We walked around the mall to see what gifts I can get for the girls.  I ended up getting Bommie a new Chanel bag that she wanted.  I got Seulgi unnie a new set of cooking utensils that are customized just for her.  Lastly, I got Ri Innie a pair of earrings in the shape of a soccer with diamonds on it.  I hope the girls like their gifts.  I was getting tired and hungry.
 
“Oppa I’m tired and hungry now.” I told him.
 
“Let’s go eat first and we’ll head home after then.” He told me.
 
I was craving udon so we went to an udon shop and ate.  I ate two portions and afterwards we headed home.  I have to say that today was a success.  I got all my Christmas shopping done and over with.  I can’t wait for Christmas!