Chapter 51

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
I was in the living room decorating the Christmas tree with Haein.  She was putting on the ornaments while I was putting on the lights.  Haein wanted everything to feel Christmas like.  I was finally done with putting on the lights and decided to help Haein with the ornaments.
 
“Oppa can you go get the ribbons. I’m almost done with the ornaments.” She told me.
 
“Arasso.” I told her and went to go get the ribbon.  
 
Haein was done with putting all the ornaments up and we helped each other with the ribbons.  After the ribbon was wrapped around the tree, Haein went to go get the angel and put it on top of the tree.  The tree looked perfect.
 
“What do you think oppa?” She asked me.
 
“It looks perfect all thanks to my baby.” I smiled at her.
 
“Really?” She asked me excitedly.
 
“Yes really.”
 
“I can’t wait for Christmas and I can’t wait for the party!” She said and sat down on the couch.
 
“Me too babe.” I told her and sat next to her.  I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and she cuddled in my chest.
 
“Oh that reminds me! I still need to wrap the gifts. Want to help me oppa?” She asked me cutely.
 
“You know I can’t resist you when you’re acting all cute. I’ll go get the gifts then.” I laughed at her and walked towards our bedroom to get the gifts.  
 
I returned with the gifts and placed it on the floor.  Haein joined me on the floor and we put all the items in their boxes and started wrapping them.  I was wrapping Bom’s gift first and it turned out bad.  The paper was ripped and wrinkled and it was uneven… it just looked ugly.
 
“Oppa. You’re really bad at this.” Haein laughed at me.
 
“You asked me to help you so I tried my best.” I pouted at her.
 
“Oppa. You really need to stop pouting.  You look like a girl.” She teased me.
 
“Lee Haein. You’re mean.” I continued pouting which caused her to laugh even more.
 
“I’m kidding oppa. Here hand me the gift. I’ll wrap them and you’ll just rip the tape for me and put the ribbon on then. Deal?” She told me.
 
“Deal.” I smiled at her and handed her Bom’s gift.
 
After thirty minutes, we were finally done with wrapping everyone’s gift and we put it under the tree.  Haein was staring at the tree and I decided to hug her from behind while she was admiring the view.
 
“You like what you see babe?” I asked her.
 
“De. I can’t wait. Why can’t Christmas come already?!”
 
“Babe. Don’t get too excited. It’s not good for the baby.” I told her.
 
“Arasso. I’ll stop now.” She told me.
 
“Let’s get you to bed now.” I told her and dragged her into our bedroom.
 
“It’s early though.” She said once we reached the bedroom.
 
“But it’s good for the baby. Listen to me okay?” I told her
 
“Arasso.” She pouted and headed towards the bathroom to wash up.  Once she was done, she got in bed and I tucked her in. 
 
“Good night babe. Sweet dreams.” I told her and kissed her on the forehead.  I got up of bed and walked towards the door.
 
“Oppa? You’re not sleeping yet?” She asked me.
 
“I still have some work to do. I’ll sleep in a bit. You sleep first okay?” I told her
 
“De. Don’t stay up too late oppa. I love you and good night.”
 
“I love you too and sweet dreams.” I told her before leaving our bedroom.
 
The truth is that I really don’t have work.  We have an extra room in our house and I decided to turn it into a nursery room for our baby.  I bought the crib and everything already.  I even painted the room already.  I painted it yellow since the color can be for both girls and boys.  I just needed to assemble everything else.  This was my Christmas gift for Haein.  Lee Haein, you better love this gift.
 
It was finally Christmas day and Haein was in the room getting ready while I was in the kitchen setting everything up for the party.  Everyone would be coming over pretty soon.  I got out all the plates, bowls, etc and set them on the table.  I also made room for the food that everyone was going to bring for the potluck.  I felt a pair of arms wrapping around my waist.
 
“Oppa what are you doing?” She asked me cutely.
 
“Just getting everything ready for the party.” I told her.
 
“I see.” She said and hugged me tighter.
 
“Why are you hugging me so tightly?” I asked her.
 
“I just miss you oppa.” She replied. I released her hands and turned around and pulled her into a hug.
 
“I miss you too Haein.” I hugged her tightly.
 
“Can we stay like this for a while oppa?” She asked me.
 
“We can stay like this for as long as you want.” I told her.
 
“I can’t believe Christmas is finally here already.” She told me excitedly.
 
“I know. You’ve been waiting for this day to come.”
 
“De. Oppa are you going to be working late today too?” She asked me.
 
“Why?”
 
“You’ve been working late every night and I miss sleeping in your arms.” She pouted at me. 
 
“You’re so cute Lee Haein. I won’t be working late tonight.” I told her.
 
“Has work been really that busy?” She asked me while snuggling into my chest.
 
“De. But don’t worry… everything’s done now. I’ll be able to sleep with you again.” I told her.  What she doesn’t know is that I’ve been working on our baby’s nursery.
 
“Good. I miss you.” She said.
 
“I miss you too Haein ah.” I kissed her head. We heard the door bell ringing and broke the hug.
 
“It’s party time.” She smiled and went to the door and opened it.  Eunhyuk, Bom, Seulgi, Yunho, Minho, Taemin, Minji, Ri In, Junsu, and Siwon all walked into the house.
 
“Hey you guys are here! Merry Christmas!” I smiled at them.
 
“Merry Christmas to you too!” Eunhyuk replied.
 
“Where do we put the food?” Seulgi asked.
 
“Just put it at that table over there.” I told her and everyone followed her and put their food on the table.
 
“Oppa what about the gifts?” Minji asked.
 
“Just put it under the tree.” Haein replied.
 
“Wow why is there so many gifts under the tree?!” Taemin replied.
 
“They’re gifts for you guys.” I told them.
 
“Can I open mine now hyung?!” Taemin exclaimed excitedly which earned him a smack from Minji.  “What was that for?!”
 
“It’s too early to open presents oppa. Be patient. Why are you such a kid.” Minji said and shook her head.
 
“You’re mean.” Taemin pouted at her and Minji leaned in and kissed his cheeks.
 
“Better?”
 
“Yes.” Taemin smiled at her.
 
“Yah Taemin ah. Go get a room.” Siwon told him.
 
“You’re just jealous hyung that you don’t have someone yet.” Taemin replied.
 
“Whatever.” Siwon rolled his eyes.
 
“Kids break up the fight now. Let’s go eat.” Minho told them.
 
We all gathered at the table and started to eat.  We were talking to one another and laughing at each other’s jokes.  I made sure Haein was eating a lot… I didn’t want her to starve our baby.  Everyone was looking at us suspiciously.
 
“What?” I asked them.
 
“Nothing.” They all replied and went back to their food.
 
After we were done with the food and cleaning up, we all gathered in the living room.
 
“It’s time to open gifts!” Taemin exclaimed excitedly which caused us all to laugh at him.
 
“So who’s first?” I asked.
 
“I guess Yunho and I will give out our gifts first.” Seulgi said. “I got Haein for secret Santa so here’s your gift Haein.”
 
She handed Haein her gift and opened it.  Seulgi gave her a Chanel classic flap bag.  How did I even know this?  Haein talks about it all the time and how she wants it.
 
“AH. Unnie how’d you know?!” Haein asked.
 
“I asked Donghae and he said you really wanted one so I got it for you.” She smiled at Haein.
 
“Thank you unnie! You’re the best!!” She ran over to Seulgi and pulled her into a hug.
 
“No problem.” Seulgi laughed.
 
“I got Minho for secret Santa.” Yunho spoke up and handed his gift to Minho.
 
Minho opened the gift and it was a business suit.  It was from Armani.
 
“I know you’re almost done with school and you’ll be working soon at your dad’s company so I thought you would need a suit.” Yunho told Minho.
 
“Thanks hyung. It looks nice. I’ll wear it on my first day.” Minho smiled at Yunho.
 
“I guess we’re next.” Bom spoke up.
 
Bom handed Seulgi her gift and it was a dress from one of Seulgi’s favorite store.
 
“Thanks Bommie!” Seulgi told her.
 
“I got Hae for secret Santa.” Eunhyuk handed me his gift. I opened it and saw an Ipad.
 
“An Ipad?” I asked him.
 
“I know you’re an apple so this would finish your whole collection.” He told me.
 
“Thanks.” I grinned at him.
 
“Donghae and I got Taemin and Minji for secret Santa.” Haein spoke up.  Haein handed Minji her gift.
 
“Thank you unnie!!!!!!! I was about to go buy more but now I don’t have to.” Minji hugged Haein and smiled at her.
 
“No problem.”
 
“Here you go Taemin ah.” I handed Taemin his gift card.
 
“You got me food?! You’re the best hyung.” He told me. 
 
We exchanged all our gifts and everyone was happy.  This was a really great Christmas… I can tell that everyone was enjoying their time with one another.
 
“We have an announcement to make.” I spoke up and held Haein’s hands.
 
“What is it?” Minho spoke up.
 
“Haein’s pregnant again. We’re going to be parents!” I told them and everyone in the room was cheering and congratulating us.
 
“We’re still godparents right?!” Eunhyuk asked us.
 
“De oppa. You guys are still godparents while you guys can all be aunties and uncles.” Haein told them.
 
“Nice.” Siwon grinned.
 
“Since we’re talking about pregnancy.” Bom spoke up. “I’m pregnant too.”
 
“WHAT?!” Everyone in the room shouted including Eunhyuk.
 
“I found out like last week and I didn’t know when to tell everyone.” She explained.
 
“Stupid Bom. You should’ve told me sooner!” Eunhyuk scolded her.
 
“Are you mad at me oppa?” She asked.
 
“I’m just disappointed that you didn’t tell me but I’m happy that I’m going to be a dad!” He grinned at her.
 
“Congrats! We’re going to have two babies now!” Minji told them.
 
“I wanna be godfather!” Minho said.
 
“We’re going to have kids that are going to be the same age!!!!” Haein exclaimed excitedly and went over to her best friend and hugged her.
 
“I know! Playmates!! Let’s have play dates for them!” Bom said.  The two girls were busy planning the future for their babies while Eunhyuk and I were watching them.
 
“I can’t believe both our wives are pregnant at the same time.” I told Eunhyuk.
 
“I know but it’s cool.” He grinned at me. “I want you and Haein to be the godparents of our child.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yes. You’re my best friend and I know Bom would agree with this.”
 
“Thank you then. It’ll be an honor.” I smiled at him.
 
We spent the remaining of the night talking and drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace.  It was late and everyone was getting tired so they were all heading home.  Once they all left, I decided to give one last gift to Haein.
 
“Babe?” 
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Follow me. I have one last gift for you.” I took her hand and guided her into the room. “Close your eyes first okay?”
 
“Okay. But what’s going on oppa?” She asked me while closing her eyes.
 
“You’ll see.” We entered the room. “Open your eyes now baby.”
 
“O-oppa. You did all this?” She asked me.
 
“Yupp. This was where I’ve been for the last two weeks. I didn’t really have work.” I told her.
 
“It’s so nice. You did everything?!”
 
“Yeah. Do you like it?”
 
“I love it oppa. Thank you so much.” She hugged me.
 
“No problem. I’d do anything for you baby.” I hugged her back. She broke the hug and started rubbing her tummy.
 
“Baby ah. This will be your play room. Aren’t you a lucky one?  Your appa did all this for you. You should feel loved. We can’t wait for you to come into this world.  Please be healthy little one.” She said while smiling at her tummy. “You’ll really love your appa. He’s the best.”
 
I kneeled down and put my head on her tummy.  I rubbed it a few times and started talking to it.
 
“I love you so much little one. I can’t wait to see you.  This room is all yours. Merry Christmas little one. Appa and umma will be waiting for the day when we get to carry you in our arms. Please be safe little one. I love you.” I said and kissed Haein’s tummy.
 
I got up and pulled Haein into a hug.
 
“I love you oppa.” She said.
 
“I love you too.” I replied and broke the hug and pulled her in for a kiss.
 
“Best Christmas ever.” She said after breaking the kiss.