Chapter 53

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
It’s been a month since Jaeha’s been in this world.  Bommie gave birth to her baby boy a week after I gave birth to mine.  Eunhyuk and Bommie were both happy and their baby boy was beautiful too! He had Eunhyuk’s smile and Bommie’s lips.  I was currently in Jaeha’s nursery room trying to put him to sleep.  He finally closed his eyes and fell asleep.  It took me thirty minutes to finally put him to sleep.  I was staring at my beautiful son.  He was so small and cute.  I felt Donghae’s arm wrap around my waist.
 
“Is he asleep?” Donghae whispered.
 
“De. Let’s go before he wakes up.” I whispered.  I the baby monitor in case he wakes up and we headed towards the door and closed the door.  
 
“So what do you want to do? The night is still young.” Donghae smiled at me.
 
“I’m tired oppa. Can we go to bed?” I asked him.
 
“Arasso.” He said and we headed towards our bedroom.  
 
He let me get ready first.  I was done and headed towards the bed while he headed towards the bathroom.  I was lying on my bed and closed my eyes. I’m so tired.  I heard the door opening and I knew he was done but I was too tired to open my eyes.  He got in the bed with me and pulled me into his arms.  I felt his lips on my forehead.
 
“Poor baby. You must be really tired. I’m sorry that you have to take care of the baby by yourself.” He told me.
 
“It’s not your fault oppa. You’re working and you can’t just go home like that to take care of the baby. We both understand.” I mumbled in his chest.
 
“I know but I should be here more for our son.” 
 
“You have the weekends for that.” I told him.
 
“Go to bed now baby. When Jaeha wakes up, I’ll take care of it for you. Just sleep. I know you’re tired.” He told me and I completely knocked out.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I woke up because I heard Jaeha crying through the baby monitor.  I turned it off before it woke Haein up.  I didn’t want her to wake up… she’s been taking care of Jaeha all by herself so she must be really tired.  I got out of bed carefully and walked over to our son’s room.  Jaeha was still quiet and I took him in my arms and started rocking him back and forth.
 
“Please don’t cry anymore my son. You’re going to wake your umma up.” I told him.  He continued to cry. “Please don’t cry.”
 
I continued to rock him back and forth and decided to sing for him.  Jaeha stopped crying and started giggling.  He’s so cute.
 
“Why are you so cute?” I told him. “A lot of people told me that you have my smile.  That’s a good thing then. You’re going to be a lady killer when you grow up. I know your umma wouldn’t like that though. Don’t be a player okay son? You should find a girl that you love and spend the rest of your life with her. You should find a girl like your umma.” I smiled at my son.
 
He didn’t say anything but just looked at me and smiled and giggled.  
 
“Do you understand what I’m trying to tell you?” I asked him. “I love you. Thank you for coming into our lives.  Thank you for being healthy Jaeha.” 
 
I rocked Jaeha in my arms again and started singing to him.  His eyes were getting heavy and he started to close them.  When I was finished singing, Jaeha knocked out already.  I put him back in the crib and tucked him in.  I gave him a kiss on his forehead and walked towards my bedroom. Haein was still sleeping soundly on our bed.  I got into bed carefully trying to not wake Haein up.
 
“Oppa?” She asked. Crap.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Where’d you go?” She asked me sleepily.
 
“Jaeha was crying so I went to calm him down and put him to sleep.” I told her.
 
“You should’ve told me.” She said and I pulled her in my arms.
 
“I didn’t want to wake you up. You seemed really tired and I got everything under control.” I told her. 
 
“Is he asleep?” She asked.
 
“Yeah. I was singing him to sleep while rocking him.” I told her.
 
“You’re going to be a good dad oppa.” She told me.
 
“And you’re a good mom. Let’s go to sleep now babe.” I told her.
 
“We can do this right oppa?”
 
“Do what?”
 
“Be great parents to Jaeha.” 
 
“I know we can.” I kissed her head. “Let’s sleep now.”
 
“De. Night oppa and I love you.”
 
“Night and I love you too.” I told her and we both knocked out.
 
Haein’s POV
 
I heard Jaeha crying which woke me up.  I walked over to his room and picked him up and started rocking him.
 
“What’s wrong baby? Are you hungry?” I asked him.  I fed him and he stopped crying.  I guess he’s hungry.  After he was done, I put his head on my shoulders while I was patting his back. “Burp for mommy.”
 
I heard him burping and giggling.  I put him down in the crib and saw him smiling at me.
 
“Why are you giggling baby? What’s making you so happy?” I smiled at him.  He grabbed my finger and didn’t let go. “You want mommy to stay with you?” I asked him. 
 
He just giggled even more.  Why is my son so cute?
 
“I can’t wait for you to play with aunt Bommie’s son. You guys will be the best of friends.” I smiled at him. “You’re so cute Jaeha. You look exactly like your dad. I bet you you’re going to be a lady killer.  You better not be a player.  You better be a one woman man.”  
 
I heard Donghae laughing.  I turned around and saw him leaning on the door. 
 
“How long were you standing there for?” I pouted at him.
 
“For a while now.” He smirked at me and walked towards the crib. “Hello baby. You’re in a good mood this morning.”
 
Jaeha smiled even bigger and giggled even louder once he saw his dad in front of him.
 
“Are you that happy to see your dad?” I asked our son.
 
“Of course he’s happy to see me.  Who wouldn’t be happy to see me? Look at me… I’m so good looking.” He smiled at me.
 
“You’re so full of yourself.” I told him and smacked him in the chest which caused Jaeha to giggle. “You like it when I hit your appa?”
 
“You’re mean.” Donghae pouted at me. “Jaeha, you’re suppose to be on appa’s side.”
 
“He’s on my side because he’s going to be a mama’s boy.” I smiled at Jaeha.
 
“Whatever. Oh yeah. My parents are coming over. They called a few minutes ago.” Donghae told me. 
 
“Arasso. Let’s go get ready then.” I told Donghae and carried Jaeha in the bedroom with us. 
 
“Go get ready first. I’ll play with Jaeha.” He told me and took Jaeha from me.
 
“Thanks.” I smiled at him and headed towards the bathroom.
 
After we were both ready, his parents came.  Perfect timing.  
 
“Haein ah. Donghae ah. Aigoo my grandson is so cute!” His mom greeted us and ran towards Jaeha. “Can I hold him?!”
 
I just nodded my head and handed Jaeha over to his mom.  His mom was playing with Jaeha while his dad was sitting next to her.  
 
“You are such a cutie! You look exactly like your dad when he was a baby. You’re going to grow up so handsome!” His mom told Jaeha.
 
“Aigoo. You’re even handsomer than Donghae when he was a baby.” His dad added. I looked over at Donghae and saw him pouting.
 
“My own parents forgot about me.” He mumbled which caused me to laugh. 
 
“Don’t worry. I’ll never forget you.” I told him and pulled him into a hug.
 
“This is why you’re the best.” He hugged me back. “I love you.”
 
“I love you too.” I broke the hug and gave him a peck on the lips.
 
“Aigoo. Do you see that Jaeha. No wonder why you’re parents had you so early.” His mom teased us.
 
“Jaeha ah, I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a brother or sister soon.” His dad added which caused me to blush and I hid myself in Donghae’s chest.
 
“Appa you’re making my wife blush!” Donghae whined while I was still hiding in Donghae’s chest.
 
“You’re parents are so cute.” His mom said.
 
“Oppa make them stop.” I whined
 
“I tried baby. I’m sorry.” He told me.
 
“Alright we’ll stop. We’re sorry.” His mom told us.
 
We spent the whole day hanging out with his parents.  His parents were glued to Jaeha and wouldn’t let go of him for even one second.  It was finally night time and his parents had to go since Jaeha was getting cranky and wanted to sleep.  We bid his parents goodbye and headed towards Jaeha’s nursery.  He fell asleep already and we just tucked him in bed and his baby monitor and headed towards our room to get ready.
 
“Today was a great day huh?” Donghae hugged me from behind while I was brushing my hair.
 
“Yeah. It was fun. Jaeha had a lot of fun today. I can’t wait until he gets a bit older and he can play with Bom’s kid.”
 
“I know.  They’ll be best friends.” Donghae smiled at me then kissed my neck. “You look beautiful baby.”
 
“Why thank you my handsome husband. Let’s go to bed now. I’m tired.” I told him and dragged us both to the bed. I was snuggling in his arms and I loved the feeling of being in his arms.
 
“I was thinking… We should give Jaeha siblings.” He told me.
 
“Are you crazy!? I just gave birth and now you want more?!”
 
“He’ll have friends.” 
 
“He has Bommie’s kid.”
 
“I want more kids though.”
 
“Not now.”
 
“Why not?”
 
“Our son is only one month old and you’re thinking about having another kid! No way.”
 
“Fine. Let’s wait a year and you’re giving me twenty kids.”
 
“What?!” I said while sitting up. “Twenty kids?! Are you crazy?! I’m not a baby maker you know.”
 
“I know you’re not a baby maker.” He said while sitting up. “You’re my wife who will give me twenty kids.”
 
“You’re crazy.” I slapped his chest. “I’m not giving you twenty kids! That’s too much!”
 
“You will give me twenty kids whether you like it or not.” He smiled at me. “Let’s go to bed now baby.”
 
“I’m still not going to give you twenty kids.” I pouted and he pulled me down on the bed with him.
 
“We’ll talk about this later.” He kissed my forehead and we both knocked out.
 
I’m sorry Jaeha. As much as mommy loves you…. I’m not going to give you twenty siblings.  You’re dad’s crazy.