Chapter 24

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
Is that really Jieun?  I thought I was just seeing her so I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming… I’m not dreaming so it really is her! What is she doing here? Where has she been all this time?! She’s still beautiful.  She still took my breath away. Wait. I have a wife and I’m suppose to be mad at her! I didn’t say anything and walked away.
 
“Donghae oppa! Wait!” She ran after me and grabbed my arm. “Please let me explain!”
 
“There’s nothing to talk about.” I told her coldly and yanked my arm away from her. “Let’s go Eunhyuk ah.” We both walked away from her.
 
“Hae are you alright?”
 
“I’m fine. Don’t worry about it. I have Haein now.” I told him. 
 
I don’t know what to feel anymore. Should I be glad that she’s still alive or should I be mad that she never once contacted me while she was gone.  I know I lied to Haein and told her that Jieun was dead.  I couldn’t just tell her that Jieun suddenly disappeared and I’ve never heard from her anymore.  I shouldn’t even involve myself with her anymore… I have Haein now and I can’t hurt her.
 
“Do you want to just order some to go and take it home?” Eunhyuk suggested.
 
“Let’s do it then.” I told him.
 
Haein’s POV
 
“Where did unnie go?” I asked Bom.
 
“I don’t know.” I was about to say something but Jieun unnie was back.  Her eyes were red.
 
“Unnie what’s wrong!?” Bom asked her. Unnie didn’t respond and she started crying again.
 
“Unnie?”
 
“I-I saw him again.”
 
“Who? Your first love?” Bom asked.
 
“De. But he didn’t want to talk to me. He’s mad at me.” She cried.
 
“Unnie. Just give him some time. You left without saying a word so of course he’ll be mad. He’ll come around.” I comforted her.
 
“I’m sorry but I just want to go home. I’ll see you guys later.” She said. Unnie went to go pay the bill and left.
 
“Poor unnie. She must really love her first love.” Bommie sighed. I wonder who her first love is? He must be that important to unnie.
 
“Want to go back to my place and hang out with our boyfriends?” I asked Bom.
 
“Let’s go. I miss that monkey.”
 
We finally arrived home and entered the place.  Eunhyuk was in the living room watching TV and he didn’t seem to notice us.
 
“Where’s Donghae oppa?” I asked him. He turned to us and was surprised to see Bommie here.
 
“He’s in his room. Bommie what are you doing here?” He told us.
 
“You don’t want me here? I just miss my monkey so I decided to visit him. I’ll leave then.” She pouted at him and headed towards the door.
 
Eunhyuk oppa got up from his seat and ran towards Bommie and hugged her from behind.
 
“I was just kidding. I miss you. Spend the night here?” He asked her.
 
“De. But I don’t have clothes though.” She told him.
 
“You can borrow mine or borrow Haein’s. Let’s go to my room” He broke the hug and held her hands and walked into his room. I just shook my head at them. Those two…
 
I entered our room and saw Donghae sitting on the bed… he looked distracted… he was in deep thoughts… I wonder what happened.  He didn’t even notice that I was home.  I wonder what’s bothering him.  I put my stuff down and went to go sit next to him.  He still didn’t notice me.  I pushed him and he finally snapped out of his thoughts. He looked over at me.
 
“Haein? You’re back already?” He asked me.
 
“De. Bommie’s cousin wasn’t feeling well so she left early.” I told him.
 
“I see.”
 
“Oppa. What’s wrong?”
 
“Nothing. Don’t worry about it.” he smiled at me.
 
“Liar. I know there’s something wrong.  You looked distracted and you didn’t even notice me coming in.” I told him.
 
“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it okay? I promise you that I’m fine.” I didn’t believe him but I didn’t want to push him.
 
“Okay. I’m going to go wash up and we’ll go to bed okay?” He just nodded his head. Sigh. Donghae do you still not trust me yet?
 
Donghae’s POV
 
It’s been a few days since I saw Jieun.  What did she want? And who does she think she is? She can’t just come back and expect everything to be the same anymore.  I don’t think I can tell Haein about this. I don’t know why but I don’t want to tell her.  She doesn’t have to know anything.  These past few days I’ve been distant with Haein.  I don’t know why but I didn’t feel like talking to her that much.  I would either be sleeping or be out on a mission so we barely saw each other and I was fine with that.  What the hell is wrong with me?  We just got finished with a mission and I decided that I didn’t want to go home yet.  I ended up at the bar.  I just felt like drinking today.  I was sitting on a stool and ordered a bottle of beer.  I was sitting by myself and I heard someone talking to me.
 
“Do you mind if I sit here?” I turned around and saw Jieun.
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked her coldly.
 
“I was here and I saw you sitting here so I decided to keep you company.” She told me.
 
“Well I don’t need your company so just leave.”
 
“Can you stop acting like this? Give me a chance to explain Donghae!” She begged.
 
“There’s nothing to explain. I don’t want to see.” I told her coldly and paid for my beer and walked away.
 
“DONGHAE!” she shouted. I didn’t listen to her and crossed the street. I then heard someone screaming and a crash.  I turned around and saw Jieun on the floor.
 
“JIEUN!!!!!!” I yelled and ran to her. “WAKE UP!!! SOMEONE HELP!”
 
The ambulance came a few minutes later and took her to the hospital.  I was in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to come out.  Please God. Let her to be okay.  This incident made me realize that Jieun is still important to me.  There’s no use in denying it.  She was still special to me.  But what about Haein then?  The doctor finally came out.
 
“Doctor how is she?”
 
“She’ll be fine. Nothing to worry about. She’ll be able to go home in two days.” He told me. I was relieved.  I headed towards her room and saw her sleeping. I walked towards her bed and moved her hair out of her face.  I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.
 
“Don’t go. Stay with me oppa.” I nodded my head and sat on the chair next to her bed.  I was holding onto her hand and we both fell asleep.  I forgot to call Haein and the guys to tell them that I wouldn’t be home.
 
Haein’s POV
 
Donghae oppa has been acting strange ever since that day.  I knew something was wrong with him but he refuses to tell me.  And ever since that, he’s been distant from me.  We barely talk or see each other anymore.  What’s really going on oppa? I heard the door open and I walked over to them.  I spotted all four of them but where’s Donghae oppa?
 
“Where’s oppa?” I asked them. They all looked at each other. Am I missing something?
 
“He said he had something to take care of so he didn’t go home with us.” Siwon told me. It’s been like this for the past few days.
 
“I see. Well goodnight guys.” I told them and walked to my room.
 
Why are you being like this oppa? Are you back with Sunye? I cried myself to sleep that night.  I felt really lonely without him by my side.
 
I woke up the next morning and saw that Donghae wasn’t even home yet.  Where did he even go?  Usually he would be home but why isn’t he home yet?  Maybe he’s in the kitchen.  I headed towards the kitchen and saw all four boys eating.  Still no sign of Donghae.  I guess he didn’t come home last night.  The guys noticed the expression on my face.
 
“Did hyung not come home last night?” Minho asked me. I just nodded my head at him and smiled weakly at them.  I walked back to my room.
 
“Noona. Aren’t you going to eat?” I heard Taemin asking me.
 
“I’m not hungry.” I answered softly and headed back into my room.  I went back to bed hoping that everything is just a bad nightmare.