Chapter 48

Baby Don't Cry

It’s been a month since I found out that I was married to Haein.  I still haven’t recalled any memories of us.  Haein’s been taking care of me and making sure I get everything I needed.  She’s a really nice and sweet girl.  I can see why I fell in love with her in the first place.  She’s beautiful and caring.  She’s been patient with me and I’m thankful for it.  I’m trying to be a good husband to her but right now it feels too weird.  We don’t even sleep in the same room.  We don’t even hug or kiss or anything. I don’t know why I can’t do those intimate things with her.  It just feels too awkward.     I was home today since appa didn’t want me to work yet.  He thinks I’m not ready yet so he had hyung come in and take over for a while.  I was lying on the bed thinking about everything that’s happened.  It’s been crazy… I wake up and find out that I’m married and everything.  Who knew that I would live a life like this?  I’m kind of glad that my life turned out for the better though.  Eunhyuk told me that it’s because of Haein  that my life’s like this.  Speaking of Eunhyuk… I can’t believe that punk is married.  His wife is really pretty too.  She’s Haein’s best friend.  It’s funny how she’s my wife’s best friend.  Haein was at work so I was stuck at home alone.  I decided to go to the kitchen to see if there’s anything to eat.     I got up of bed and walked towards my door.  I opened the door slowly but I heard a voice so I didn’t open it completely.  It was Haein’s voice.  What is she doing home? I thought she working today.      

“It’s been a month Bommie. I don’t know what to do. He still doesn’t remember anything.” She said.   Is she talking about me?  

  “I know I told him that I’ll wait for him but it’s getting tiring.  I miss him Bommie. I miss everything about him.  He doesn’t even hold me anymore. We sleep in separate rooms.  I feel so lonely.” She started crying.    

I’m sorry Haein for not remembering yet.    

“I know that. I just want him to hold me and tell me that everything’s going to be alright.  I can’t even cry to him about the baby Bom ah. It hurts so much. I have to act like everything’s alright when I’m with him.  Everything’s so messed up now.”     I closed the door.  I didn’t want to hear it anymore.  I’m sorry for hurting you Haein.  I went back to my bed and decided to sleep it off.  

  “You’re the one for me Haein. You’re the owner of my heart.”    

“I promise that I’ll never let go of you again. You’re mine Lee Haein. I love you.”  

  “Oppa, nothing’s going to happen to us right?”  

  “Nothing’s going to happen to you guys. I’ll protect you guys from harm.  Just rely on me okay?”  

  “I love you Lee Haein. You’re the reason for my happiness. You taught me what love really is.  My promise to you is that I’ll love only you for the rest of my life.”  

  I woke up from my dreams.  Lee Haein. I remember you. I’m sorry it took me this long to finally remember. I’m sorry. I got up from my bed and ran to the living room.  She wasn’t there. I checked everywhere else in the house but she wasn’t there either.  Where is she?! I looked at the time… it was seven pm.  I slept for that long?! She might be at the shop.  I didn’t change or anything and ran outside.  I ran all the way to the shop.  Haein, wait for me.  

  Haein’s POV  

  After getting off the phone with Bommie, I decided to go to the shop and hang out with the girls.  I didn’t want to stay home.  I got ready and left the house and headed towards the store.  Minji was there today and we just sat and talked with one another.  I didn’t realize it was getting late already.  I was about to go in the back and bid the girls farewell but I heard the door open.    

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” I heard Minji asking that person. I turned around and saw Donghae in front of us.    

“What are you doing here Donghae?” I asked him.

Shouldn’t he be at home resting? How did he even know where the shop was? I never told him the location.    

“How-” I was about to ask and I felt him pulling me into a hug.    

“I’m sorry for making you wait Haein. I’m sorry for taking this long to remember you. I’m sorry that I forgot you baby. Forgive me?” I heard him saying.    

WAIT. He remembers?! My Donghae is back?!    

“Y-you remember?” I asked.  

  “I remember everything. I’m sorry it took me this long baby.” He said.  

  “What took you so long?” I hugged him back and cried in his chest.  

  “I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you baby. Don’t cry. And I’m sorry about our baby. Don’t be sad anymore okay? We can always make a new one.” He told me.    

“You don’t need to make it up to me. You remembering me is enough.” I told him.    

“I’m sorry Haein. I love you remember that okay?” He told me.  

  “I love you too Donghae.”  

  “Let’s go home.” He broke the hug and smiled at me.  He took his thumb and wiped the tears from my eyes. I just nodded my head and we left the shop.  

  “Where’s your car?” I asked him.  

  “You see. I was in a hurry to see you that I just ran here.” He smiled sheepishly at me.  

  “YOU RAN HERE?!” I shouted at him.  I wasn’t mad. I was just surprised that he ran all the way here from our house.    

“Are you mad?” he asked me.  

  “Ani. I’m just surprised that you ran all the way here from our house.  That’s not a short distance.” I told him.  

  “I wanted to see you though.” He pouted at me.    

“You’re such kid Donghae.” I laughed at him which caused him to glare at me. “I’m kidding. You’re a cute kid though.”    

“Whatever. Let’s go home okay?” He told me and held out his hand.  

  “Okay.” I smiled at him and held onto his hand and we walked home hand in hand.  I knew from that moment that everything was going to be okay from now on.  Thank you Donghae for coming back to me.