Chapter 3

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
I heard someone calling me a . It was the same guy from yesterday! No wonder why my savior looked so familiar! It was the group of guys from yesterday!! Aish Haein, what’d you get yourself into now.
 
“You know her Siwon?” I heard the blonde one asking. So the tall jerk’s name is Siwon?
 
“It’s the from yesterday at the convenience store.” Siwon told the blonde one. Dude, I’m still here… I can hear everything you’re saying right now…
 
“OH I REMEMBER! Hi! I’m Lee Eunhyuk! Nice to meet you.” The blonde one flashed his gummy smile at me.  I couldn’t help but smile back at him.
 
“I’m Lee Haein.”
 
“We’re all Lees! Well, except Siwon and Minho. They’re both Choi.” He told me. “Please excuse Siwon for his language.  He’s not a morning person.”
 
“Why are you apologizing for me?! I don’t have any intentions of apologizing to that !” He glared at me. Seriously, what’s his problem?
 
“I have a name you know! And it’s not ! IT’S LEE HAEIN. H-A-E-I-N. GOT IT?!” I snapped at him.  Everyone was shocked at my sudden outburst. “God. I’m sorry if I intruded. I’ll be off now. Thanks for saving me once again.” I told my savior before running out to door.
 
Sigh. Where do I go now? I didn’t even catch his name. Was it Haedong? Dongho? Why do I even care? They’re all jerks anyways.  I shouldn’t get involved with them.  Maybe I should just visit Bommie and tell her I forgot my keys and got locked out. She’ll believe me… I hope.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was surprised at Haein’s outburst.  From the outside, she looked like a very frail and sweet girl.  But her attitude is something else.  She’s a strong and independent woman.  She speaks her mind and stands up for herself.  She has that feisty side to her which is good for a woman.  I like girls who can stand up for themselves and fight their own battles.  She kind of reminds of her.  Wait Donghae, why are you comparing Haein to her?!  She’s so much better than Haein…. You can’t just compare them like this.  I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Eunhyuk yelling at Siwon.
 
“Yah Choi Siwon. Don’t you have any manners! She’s a girl for crying out loud! Why would you go and call her a in front of her face?! Just because she asked for your ing ID! Look at her! She looked like she was in trouble!”
 
Siwon didn’t say anything.  He just stared to the floor looking at his feet.
 
“Yeah hyung. That wasn’t cool what you did.  Did you see how her clothes were ripped! She must’ve been really scared and you just called her a and made her feel unwelcomed.” Taemin added in.
 
“And you’re suppose to be a gentlemen.” Eunhyuk scoffed at him.  He grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door.
 
“Where do you think you’re going Eunhyuk?” I asked him.
 
“I’m going to find her. What if something happens to her?” Why does he care so much for her?
 
“Stay. She’ll be fine. She probably headed home already. Plus, don’t get yourself involved with her.”
 
“But-”
 
“Do as I say.” I gave him a look.
 
“Alright.” Eunhyuk took off his jacket and headed towards his room. I knew he was mad but he didn’t dare to question me.
 
God. It was a mistake saving her and it was a mistake bringing her to my apartment.  I should keep my distance from her now.  She’s a nobody to me.
 
Minho’s POV
 
I heard yelling coming from the living.  Eunhyuk hyung was yelling at Siwon hyung about something.  I wonder what? All I heard was some girl almost got and Siwon hyung called her a .  Siwon hyung, that’s not how you treat a girl no matter how much you hate her.  I heard Donghae hyung telling Eunhyuk hyung not to go after her.  Then I heard a door slam.  Great, Eunhyuk hyung is mad now. That’s not a good thing.  I decided to go out to the living room and ask what happened.  Taemin and Siwon hyung were the only ones in the living room.
 
“Where’s Donghae hyung and Eunhyuk hyung?” I asked them.
 
“They’re in their room.” Taemin replied.
 
“I see.” I looked at Siwon hyung and he looked mad.  He stood up from the couch and walked to his room.  Why is he so mad? I walked over to Taemin and sat next to him. “What exactly happened?”
 
“Do you want to hear the whole story or what happened just now?”
 
“Just tell me everything.”
 
“Well I was really thirsty this morning and there was nothing left to drink besides Eunhyuk hyung ‘s last strawberry milk.  So I decided to drink it since I was so thirsty and hyung got mad at me and started yelling at me which woke Donghae hyung up. And he yelled at the both of us and told us that he’ll go get more milk if we both shut up.  So we were waiting for Donghae hyung to come back and he brought a girl home.  She looked like she was attacked by someone hyung! Her hair was all messed up and she had bruises on her face! Her clothes were ripped and she looked really shaken up! Siwon hyung saw her and yelled at her and called her a .  Apparently they met last night while hyung was buying stuff to treat our wounds and she said a few things to get him mad.  Hyung kept on calling her a and she got mad and yelled at him and left.  Eunhyuk hyung yelled at Siwon hyung and was about to go find her when Donghae hyung told Eunhyuk hyung not to get involved with her anymore.  That’s what happened.” Taemin explained to me.
 
Siwon hyung was wrong to call her that.  After hearing what happened to her, I wouldn’t even call her that even if I didn’t like her.  I always knew Donghae hyung was a good guy.  He’ll always save someone when they’re in trouble but he’ll never bring them home no matter what.  What’s going on here?  Why did he bring her home?
 
“Hyung. Donghae hyung never brings anyone home.  Especially if it’s a girl.  He doesn’t even bring his own girlfriend here!” Taemin told me.  Is this kid psychic or something? He just read my mind.
 
“I know. It’s really weird.”
 
“But I don’t blame hyung though.” 
 
“What do you mean Taemin?”
 
“There’s just something about her that you can’t help but want to help her.  I can’t point it out but there’s something about her.  She looks really frail on the outside but she’s really feisty.  You don’t expect it from her.” 
 
When Taemin told me about that…. I thought of Jieun noona.  Could it be that hyung sees Jieun noona in this new girl?  I think it’s a good idea that hyung told everyone not to get involved with her anymore.  If hyung got involved with her, it would not be good.  He’ll end up hurting her because he just sees her as a replacement.  Hyung, you better keep your distant from her.
 
Haein’s POV
 
I finally arrived at Bommie’s place and rang their doorbell.  I waited for a minute and someone finally opened the door.
 
“Haein?! What are you doing here? What’s wrong with your face and hair?! And why is your clothes ripped?!” Bommie yelled once she saw me.
 
“Can I stay here for a few hours?” I asked her.
 
“Come on in!” Bommie dragged me by the arms and took me to her room.  She went to her closet and gave me her clothes to change into. “You remember where the bathroom is right?”
 
“De.” I went to her bathroom and changed into a new pair of clothes.  I thought about what happened this morning.  Why do I have such bad luck?! First auntie, and then the two erts. And lastly, the handsome guy and his jerk of a friend. I was finally finished changing and entered Bommie’s room.
 
“Yah. Tell me what happened. Everything. Now.” Bom commanded me.
 
I told her everything that happened from my auntie to my encounter with the handsome guy and his friend.
 
“OMG THAT GUY IS SUCH A JERK! JUST BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR HIS ID YESTERDAY! WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON THAT JERK! I’m glad the other guy saved you from the erts though! Haein, don’t get yourself involved with them.  I have a bad feeling about them.”
 
“I know. I don’t even know their names so don’t worry. I’m not going to get involved with them.” I smiled at her.
 
“You can just sleep here until we go to work. Just take a nap and I’ll wake you up for lunch once it’s done.”
 
“I’ll help you Bommie.”
 
“It’s okay. Just rest.” Bommie pushed me to her bed and tucked me to bed. “Night sweetie.” Bommie winked at me.
 
“Night Mommy!” I which caused her to laugh.
 
So much has happened this morning and I feel so tired.  This morning drained every amount of energy I had for the day.  I ended up knocking out for who knows how long.