Chapter 13

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
Today is the day of the wedding. I don’t know why but I’m really nervous.  I know I shouldn’t be since we’re both not in love with each other but a part of me is really nervous.  Bom and I have been busy with preparations.  I didn’t really make it my dream wedding… I just wanted the wedding to be simple so it was really easy for us to plan it.  Donghae lent a hand too… he didn’t want me to be the only one preparing for the wedding.  I was in the dressing room while people were doing my hair… I was staring at the engagement ring Donghae got me… it was beautiful… it was just a simple band with a diamond in the middle.
 
“The ring is really simple but elegant.” The hair lady told me.  She was a close friend of Donghae’s mom. “Congrats on getting married honey.  I remember when Donghae’s mom told me the news… I was surprised too.  We all thought Donghae was going to marry Jieun.”  Jieun? Who’s that? I thought she would say Sunye…
 
“Jieun? Who’s that?”
 
“It’s not up to me to tell you. I shouldn’t have let that slipped.  But he’s marrying you now so don’t worry.” She tried to assure me. If only you knew why we're marrying.  “Donghae’s family has been worried because he had a sudden change in attitude these past three years.  They were worried how he would take the wrong path in life.  When Donghae came by to deliver the news to them, he seem like he was the same Donghae back then.  Please take care of Donghae and you guys should cherish each other.”
 
“Aigoo Soojin. You’re going to make my daughter-in-law cry.” I turned and saw Donghae’s mom walking in the room. “Omo, you’re so beautiful.  How did Donghae score such a beautiful wife? Aren’t I lucky to have such a beautiful daughter-in-law.” I blushed at what she said and ahjumma just nodded her head.
 
“Thank you Mrs. Lee.” I bowed my head at her.
 
“Call me umma. You’re going to be family really soon.” She smiled at me. “Soojin ahjumma is right. Please take care of each other and love each other. I can tell that he’s happy with you.” 
 
“De. I will take care of Donghae-ssi for you guys.” I smiled at them.
 
“You’re suppose to call him oppa! He’s going to be your husband.” Soojin ahjumma teased me.  I was about to say something but there was a knock on the door.  Donghae walked in the door and he looked really handsome in his tux.  How can one man look this handsome when he’s just in a tux and his hair’s a mess?
 
“My son, what brings you here?” His mom asked him.
 
“Do you miss your wife already? Don’t worry she’s not going anywhere.” Soojin ahjumma .
 
“I need to talk to Haein. Is it okay if I talk to her alone?” He asked.
 
“Fine fine. We’re going. Don’t take too long.” His mom teased us. After they left, he turned to me.  What did he need to talk about? He looked nervous.
 
“I have a confession to make.” He started. “I didn’t really break up with Sunye. I’m still with her and I plan on still seeing her even if we’re married. She’s going to the wedding and she knows about everything. I hope you don’t mind since we don’t love each other. You can see other people too when we’re married.  We’re just living together but we can have our own separate lives.”
 
I don’t know why but I felt my heart sting a bit.  Why out of all times would he tell me this now? He decides to tell me this when we’re about to get married.  He’s an idiot for being so inconsiderate… has he even consider my feelings?
 
“I-It’s fine.” I smiled at him. “You’re right. It’s not like we love each other so it doesn’t matter who you see. You should leave now because I need to finish getting ready.”
 
“You look pretty.” He smiled at me. “One more thing, don’t ever fall in love with me.” He said before walking out of the door.  
 
That was the icing to the cake.  I don’t know why but I started crying.  Maybe Bommie was right… maybe this is wrong. It’s too late now… everyone’s already here and I can’t run away now.  Lee Donghae, why are you so heartless.  I trusted you and the first thing you do is disappoint me.  Is this what you meant by dealing with things?
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Lee Haein is officially my wife.  She looked very beautiful in her dress.  Her hair and make up was done simple but elegant and her dress was simple but she looked very beautiful.  The ceremony was a whole blur… I was hoping that it would be over with.  I decided to tell her that I was still seeing Sunye and not fall in love with me… I know, it’s a crappy time to tell her but I thought I should. We were at our wedding reception and everyone was having a great time.  The guys were busy eating and laughing and my parents were laughing along with them.  Sunye was with the guys… she didn’t look too happy.  Who would be? Your boyfriend was marrying someone else.  I looked over at Haein and she was quiet.  She didn’t touch her food and was staring intently at her plate. I wonder what happened.
 
“You okay? Why are you so quiet and why aren’t you eating?” I asked her.
 
“I’m fine. I’m just tired.” She told me while she kept on playing with her food. “I just want to go home and rest… that’s all.” I was about to say something but Sunye came over.
 
“Oppa! What are you doing after the reception? How about I consummate your marriage for you?” She told me.  I looked over at Haein.  I knew she heard it.
 
“I can’t. I have to spend time with Haein.”
 
“It’s fine. Just go with your girlfriend.” Haein told me. “I’ll just go home with the guys and tell them you had something urgent to do.”
 
Yupps. The guys didn’t know that I’m still with Sunye.  They think that we’re just friends now. 
 
“Are you sure?” I asked Haein.
 
“De. Just go.”
 
“Alright Sunye. I’ll meet you at your place.” I told Sunye. She just smiled at me and walked away. Was it wrong that I was going to sleep with my girlfriend on my wedding night?
 
After the reception, I told everyone that I had something to do and asked the guys to accompany Haein home.  They didn’t question me and just agreed. I went over Sunye’s place and we slept with each other that night.  She was the one who consummated the marriage for Haein and I.
 
Haein’s POV
 
“Haein, why are you so quiet?” Bommie asked me while we were driving back to the apartment.
 
“I’m just tired that’s all.” I told her.
 
“You were quiet throughout the whole ceremony.” Minho pointed out.
 
“Like I said, I’m just tired.” I smiled weakly at them.
 
“Where’d Hae go?” Eunhyuk asked me.
 
“I don’t know. I just know that he said he had to take care of something.” I told him.
 
“Aish, that guy. He shouldn’t leave his wife on the first night.” Siwon said.
 
“It’s okay.” I told them.
 
We finally arrived at the apartment and Bom said she was going to head off now.
 
“I’ll walk you home.” Eunhyuk offered. You can tell that Bom was blushing.
 
“Ani. It’s okay. I can manage.”
 
“I want to. Let’s go.” He grabbed Bom’s hand and walked off.  Does he like her?! 
 
“Let’s go up Haein. You must be tired. You should shower and go to bed then.” Siwon told me.
 
“De Siwon-ssi.”
 
“Call me Siwon oppa. We’re family now.” He flashed his dimples at me.
 
I went to the showers and started showering.  I can’t believe he’s with Sunye on our wedding night.  It’s not like I expected anything but still… how can he just go to her like that.  How can he just sleep with her that easily? I know I’m not suppose to care but I can’t help it.  Does he love Sunye that much?  And who’s this Jieun girl that everyone thought he was going to marry? Why do I feel like he’s hiding so many secrets?  I went to bed with a heavy heart… on my own wedding night.
 
I woke up the next morning and felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.  What the? I turned around and saw Donghae sleeping next to me.  Why is he back already?  And who does he think he is… he goes and sleep with his girlfriend on our wedding night and comes back cuddling with me?  I tried to release his grip from my waist.
 
“What are you doing? Let’s sleep for a bit more.” I heard Donghae mumbling.
 
“You can sleep. I’m going to cook breakfast for the guys. Let go.” I told him. I felt his grip tighten. “YAH. Let go!”
 
“I don’t want to. The guys can cook for themselves.  Let’s just stay in bed for a bit longer. I’m really tired.” Why are you so tired huh? Cause you and Sunye had a busy night?
 
“Please just let me go. I don’t want to sleep any longer. Lee Donghae if you don’t let go I’ll bite you.” He didn’t listen to me so I bit his arm. That caused him to open his eyes and sit up.  It did get him to release his grip from me.
 
“OWWWWWWWWW. WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” He yelled at me while rubbing his arm.
 
“I already warned you didn’t I? I said if you didn’t let go then I’ll bite you.” I told him while getting off of bed. “I’m going to the kitchen now. Bye.”
 
“YAH-” was all I heard before I closed the doors on him.
 
“Noona, why was hyung yelling?” Taemin asked me.  He’s already awake?
 
“Nothing. I just bit him cause he didn’t listen to me.”
 
“You bit hyung?!” Taemin asked.
 
“De. Why? Is there a problem?” 
 
“Ani. I’m just shocked that you bit hyung that’s all.”
 
“Want to help me with making breakfast?” I asked Taemin.
 
“Yes. Can I really?!” Taemin squealed like a little kid. I just nodded my head and we headed towards the kitchen and began cooking.  Taemin and I were having a good time… he was telling me jokes while I was just laughing.
 
“Lee Taemin. Go get your own wife! Leave my wife alone.” I heard Donghae say. I turned around and saw him sitting on the counter glaring at me. I just looked away.
 
“Noona’s just teaching me how to cook. Calm down hyung.” Taemin told him. “I’ll go now. Thanks noona for teaching me! I’ll cook next time!”
 
“Bye Taeminnie.” I smiled at him.
 
“Taeminnie?” Taemin asked me.
 
“De. You don’t like it?”
 
“Ani. You should call me that from now noona!” Taemin smiled at me. “Noona I’d better go now or else hyung will kill me.” He ran away from the kitchen.
 
I just went back to doing my own thing and ignored Donghae’s presence. I don’t know why but I’m mad at him.  He’s so heartless and inconsiderate.  Why can’t he be a bit more understanding!? I understand that he has a girlfriend but does he always have to go to her? I’m still his wife even if we don’t love each other.
 
“Do you need any help?” I heard him asking me.
 
“No. It’s fine. Just go to your room or go watch TV or something. I’m almost done.” I told him without even looking at him.
 
“Okay then.” He got up from the counter and left. Sigh. Why are you being like this Haein.
 
Everybody was finally awake and we were all sitting on the table eating our breakfast.  We ate in silence.
 
“So Haein, what are you going to do today?” Eunhyuk asked me.
 
“Probably hang out with Bommie and head to work with her.” I told him.
 
“Why don’t you invite Bommie to come over here.” Eunhyuk said. He looked over to Hae, “Is it okay with you?”
 
“Yeah it’s fine.” Donghae replied.
 
“Great. You can invite her over and we can all hang out!” Eunhyuk was smiling.  Why does he want to hang out with Bommie so much? He can’t like her right? He has a girlfriend. He’s exactly like Donghae.
 
“I will. I’m finished eating. Can you guys clean up? I’m going to go get ready.”
 
“Where are you going? I thought Eunhyuk said you can invite Bommie over.” Donghae asked me.
 
“I know that. I just want to hang out with her first.” I told him before walking into our bedroom.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
What the hell is her problem? She’s been giving me attitude ever since last night! I didn’t even do anything to her.
 
“What’d you do to her Hae? Why is she in such a bad mood?” Eunhyuk asked me.
 
“I didn’t even do anything! She’s been like that since last night. I don’t even know why.” I told him.
 
“Are you sure about that hyung? Maybe she does have a reason to be mad at you.” Minho pointed out.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked him.
 
“You’re so dense Hae.” Siwon butted in.
 
“You left somewhere last night.  It’s suppose to be your first night as husband and wife and you left her by herself.  Do you know how hurt she was? She didn’t say anything but you can see it in her eyes hyung.” Minho told me. 
 
That was why she’s mad? Because I didn’t spend the night with her but with Sunye? Didn’t I tell her that I’m still plan on seeing Sunye even if we’re married.  I already told her not to fall in love with me.
 
“Where’d you really go last night hyung?” Taemin asked me.
 
“I had some business to finish. It’s none of your business.” I told him.
 
“Well it’s our business if Haein’s hurt. I already warned you Hae. Don’t hurt her.” Eunhyuk reminded me.
 
“I know that. I’ll go apologize.” I told them and walked into my bed room.  She just finished getting dressed and she grabbed her bag and was heading towards the door. “I’m sorry.” She stopped walking.
 
“For what? You don’t need to apologize for anything.”
 
“I’m sorry that I went with Sunye last night when I should’ve spent that night with you. I’m sorry. But I already told you that Sunye’s still my girlfriend.  I already told you that we’re going to live separate lives.  And what part of don’t fall in love with me don’t you understand?” I heard her scoffing.
 
“For once I thought that you’d actually be sincere but I was wrong.  You don’t even know what you did wrong do you? You’ll always be a heartless insensitive .  Alright then, let’s just live separate lives then. I’ll go and do my own thing and you can’t question me about it.  The same goes for you.” She told me before walking out the door.
 
I don’t even know what I did wrong.  I know I’m not wrong.  I don’t get what the hell her problem is.  Whatever. I’ll just go hang out with Sunye then.
 
Haein’s POV
 
Stupid insensitive jerk.  He didn’t do anything wrong? Whatever. Why am I even getting mad? He already told me from day one that he has no interest in me.  I have no rights to get mad but I just can’t help but feel this way.  And why is my heart hurting so much?  Heart… did I do something to you? Why are you feeling this way?
 
I don’t even know where I’m going… I was suppose to meet Bom but she’s busy.  I guess I’ll just go to the park then.  I was sitting on the benches looking at the sky. I can’t help but wonder why I’m acting like this…
 
“A penny for your thought.” I looked and saw a guy sitting next to me.  He was handsome.  He had this really nice smile and I can’t help but smile at him.
 
“Nothing. Just boy problems.” I told the stranger.
 
“Well whoever this guy is, he’s an idiot.  He’s an idiot for troubling such a pretty girl.” HE CALLED ME PRETTY!
 
“I’m not pretty.” I told him.
 
“You’re pretty…trust me. I’m Kwon Jiyong by the way.” 
 
“I’m Lee Haein. Nice to meet you.” I replied.
 
“I know this sounds creepy but do you want to go grab something to eat?”
 
“De. I’d actually like that.” I smiled at him. 
 
We ended up going to a bakery shop… the place had really good cupcakes!  I know… I’m a er for cupcakes.  I was too busy eating my cupcakes and Jiyong just stared at me.  He was laughing.
 
“You must really love cupcakes.” 
 
“De. I love cupcakes. I actually love pastry.” I smiled at him. “Well, I like food in general. I’m a pig.”
 
“Well, I love girls with an appetite.” He handed me his cupcake.
 
“It’s fine! You eat it. I already ate like three. Just eat yours.”
 
“It’s fine. I like watching you eat.” I couldn’t help but blushed at what he said.
 
“Oppa. I want this one. Can you get me this one? It’s so cute! I want that one too!” I heard a really annoying voice.
 
“Sure. Get whatever you like.” I heard a very familiar voice.  It was Donghae’s voice.  I turned around and saw him and Sunye.  His arms were around her waist while her head was nuzzling in his neck.  He was actually smiling…. I’ve never seen him smile like that when he’s around me. I guess he really loves her.
 
“What are you looking at?” Jiyong’s voice broke my train of thoughts.
 
“Nothing. Are you finished? Let’s go” I didn’t want to be here anymore.  I can’t stand seeing him right now. .  I guess my words meant nothing to him.
 
“Oppa. Isn’t that your wife?” I heard Sunye ask him. I looked over at him and he stared at me. I looked away and looked at Jiyong.
 
“Let’s go.” I grabbed my things and left with Jiyong.
 
“What was that about?” Jiyong asked me. Did he hear the wife part?
 
“Nothing. Thanks for hanging out with me… I have to go now.”  I was about to leave when he grabbed my arm.
 
“Do you think I can get your number? We can maybe hang out another time?” He asked.
 
“De. Here’s my number. I’ll see you around.” I smiled at him and left.  I looked at the time and it was time to go to work.  I arrived at work and saw Bommie there.  I still had a smile on my face.
 
“What are you smiling about?” Bom asked me.
 
“Nothing.” I continued smiling at her.  Thanks to Jiyong... I'm in a happier mood now. Lee Donghae, I won't care about you anymore.