Chapter 4

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
I finally decided to wake up and I looked at the time.  OH MY GOD. IT’S 10 PM ALREADY!? WHY DIDN’T BOMMIE WAKE ME UP.  I was about to leave her room when I saw a note.
 
Haeinnie! You looked so tired so I decided not to wake you up! I’ll work for the both of us today and collect the money for you! Just rest up! You had a rough morning so don’t even dare think about coming to work! I cooked lunch and dinner for you. It should be on the table.  Sleep over tonight and go home tomorrow.  My parents aren‘t even home so don‘t worry about them.  You better be there once I get back from work! ^^ 
 
Wonderful Corn Goddess.
 
I smiled at her note.  It made feel so much better.  Bommie always know what to say.  I am thankful that I have a best friend like her.  I went downstairs and saw the food that Bommie prepared.  I ate my share and decided to clean her house.  It’s the least I can do.
 
Bom’s POV
 
It was another slow night of work and I’m bored!! Too bad Haein isn’t here with me.  We could’ve killed time together!!! I can’t believe what happened to Haein this morning… how can one girl go through so much bad luck!? I feel so bad for her yet she’s still able to be happy with everything.  I just wish sometimes Haein would come to me for help.  My parents are willing to take her in cause they all love her.  I can’t believe that idiot called her a ! It’s not like she stole from him or killed someone.  All she did was ask for his ID.  And why didn’t her savior defend her?!  God, why are guys such idiots?  I sighed and continued reading my magazine.  I heard the door open but didn’t look up.
 
“Ahem.” I heard someone coughing. I looked up and saw that it was the two guys from last night!
 
“Yes?”
 
“Where’s your friend?” The blonde guy asked me.
 
“She’s not here.” I told them coldly.
 
“Do you know where she is?” The tall one ask.  Jerk. Why are you even showing your face here?!
 
“It’s none of your business.”
 
“Can you tell me where she is?” The blonde guy asked me.  I could tell that he’s getting impatient.
 
“Ani.”
 
“Look, my friend here wants to apologize to your friend. So can you tell me where she is?”
 
“Look here buddy. Leave Haein alone.  She doesn’t need s like you guys bothering her.  She has a lot to worry about already so why don’t you guys run along.” I told them.
 
“YAH I TOLD YOU ALREADY. MY FRIEND WANTS TO APOLOGIZE SO WHY DON’T YOU LET HIM APOLOGIZE TO HER?!” The blonde guy screamed at me.  What is Haein talking about? This guy has a nasty temper too.  They all do!
 
“I DON’T HAVE TO TELL YOU ANYTHING AND STOP SCREAMING! I’M TRYING TO WORK HERE SO IF YOU’RE NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING THEN LEAVE!” I screamed at him back.
 
“WHY YOU-” he was about to say but his friend cut him off.
 
“Eunhyuk let’s just go for now.” And he pulled the blonde guy away and left.  HA. His name is Eunhyuk.. What kind of a name is that?! Jackass.
 
Siwon’s POV
 
“Yah Lee Eunhyuk! You told me to not treat girls like that! You’re being a hypocrite here!” I told him.
 
“She doesn’t even count! She’s not a girl! She’s a monster!” I laughed at what Eunhyuk said.  How old is this guy? He’s suppose to be 21 yet he acts like a kid. “YAH WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?! Aish. That monster should’ve just told us where Haein is.”
 
“She’s actually really pretty. I would date her if I didn’t have Eunah.”
 
“You have bad taste! That monster isn’t pretty!” Eunhyuk told me while giving me a disgusted face.
 
“Alright. Let’s go back now. What if Hae finds out about this?”
 
“Don’t let him. It won’t hurt him if he doesn’t know.”
 
“It’s weird though.  He brought her back up to our apartment and now he forbids all of us to not get involved with her.” I told Eunhyuk.
 
“I know. But that’s how Hae is.”
 
I still find it weird how Hae never brings his girlfriend up to our apartment but he brought Haein up out of nowhere.  And he barely even knows her too!  What’s going on here.  For some weird reason, she reminds me of Jieunnie.
 
“Doesn’t Haein remind you of someone?” I asked Eunhyuk.
 
“You think so too? When I first saw her, I thought of Jieun.”
 
“I just realized it when she blew up on me. Do you think that’s why Hae brought her up?”
 
“I don’t know but Hae’s right. I don’t think it’s a good idea to get involved with her.”
 
“Yeah. The thing is… can Hae keep his words and not involve her?”
 
“I don’t know man Let’s go before Hae starts questioning us.” Eunhyuk told me.
 
Haein’s POV
 
I was finally done cleaning Bommie’s house.  It was midnight already and I’m not sleepy! I guess it’s because I slept for the whole day.  I wonder if auntie is still mad at me.  Either way, if I go home now she’ll be mad because I didn’t work today.  I decided to go visit Bommie since I was bored.  I got my stuff and walked towards the market. I entered the store and saw Bommie reading a magazine.
 
“Boo!” I yelled trying to scare her.
 
“Yah. Lee Haein. What did I tell you about coming to the store?”
 
“You didn’t get scared?? I was bored so I thought I’d come by and keep you company.” I pouted.
 
“Two punks came here looking for you. And you’re wrong… the blonde one is a total jerk.” Bom told me.
 
“Two punks?”
 
“The tall one and the blond one.” Ah I see… Eunhyuk-ssi and Siwon-ssi.
 
“What’d they want?”
 
“To apologize to you and I didn’t tell them where you were and the blonde one snapped at me.” She rolled her eyes at me. “What an idiot.”
 
“Well, just forget about it. Do you need help with anything.”
 
“Nahs. Just go home Haein ah. I know you want to go home to your auntie. Here’s the money. Just go home... if anything happens, call me.”
 
“Thanks Bommie. I’ll see you tomorrow!”
 
I left the store and started walking home. I hope auntie is fine by now.  I was looking at the envelope money that I didn’t realize that someone was in front of me.  I bumped into that person and dropped my envelope.
 
“I’m sorry!” I apologized.  I looked up and saw that handsome guy. What’s his name again?
 
“Just watch where you’re going next time.” he told me. He’s not really friendly.  I got up and bowed my head and walked away. “Wait. Why are you still out here at this time?”
 
“I’m heading home right now. I went to go visit my friend at the store.” I told him. He just nodded his head. His face was expressionless. Would it kill him to smile? “Well I’m off now. I’m sorry once again.”
 
“I’ll walk you home.”
 
“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.”
 
“Just listen to me. It’s dangerous right now so I’ll walk you home.” I remember the last time when he told me to not question him.  So I decided to let him walk me hom.  The walk home was really awkward.  None of us said anything and he was on his phone texting someone.  Maybe his girlfriend?  I don’t really care.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was rolling around my bed… why can’t I sleep?!  I looked at the time and saw that it was midnight.  I guess I’ll go for a walk.  I put on my jacket and headed towards the door.
 
“Hyung, where are you going?” Minho asked me.
 
“For a walk. I can’t sleep.” I told him.
 
“Ok. Be careful.” I heard him saying and I just nodded my head at him.
 
I took a walk around the neighborhood and ended up at the park.  I was checking my phone since Sunye texted me.  Sunye’s my girlfriend. I don’t love her but I do like her.  She’s the first girl to ever make me smile besides Jieun.  Sunye knows that I’m a gang leader and she’s fine with it since her brother is in a gang too.  She was telling me how she’s stuck at home by herself and how she was bored.
 
‘Do you want me to come over then?’
 
‘Can you oppa?’
 
‘Just give me fifteen minutes and I’ll be right over.’
 
‘Okay. :] I’ll see you in fifteen minutes. I love you.’
 
‘I love you too. See you soon babe.’
 
I was too busy texting her that I didn’t realize someone was in front of me.  I bumped into the person and fell to the floor.  I rubbed my from the impact.
 
“I’m sorry.” I heard a voice.  I looked up and saw that it was Haein.  What’s she still doing out here this late at night?  Didn’t she learn her lesson from today?
 
“Just watch where you’re going next time.” I told her coldly.  She just bowed her head at me before leaving. “Wait. Why are you still out here at this time?”
 
WAIT. Why’d I even ask her that?
 
“I’m heading home right now. I went to go visit my friend at the store.” She told me.  I didn‘t say anything but just nodded my head at her.  “Well I’m off now. I’m sorry once again.”
 
“I’ll walk you home.” LEE DONGHAE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
 
“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.”
 
“Just listen to me. It’s dangerous right now so I’ll walk you home.” She didn’t say anything and just nodded her head.  
 
The walk to her place was really awkward.  None of us said anything.  I took out my phone and pretended to text someone.  I looked over at her and she was looking down at her foot while walking.  I realized that she was really pretty.  She had long brown hair that went down almost to her waist.  Her skin was really fair and she had a shade of rosy cheeks.  Her lips were really pretty too.  She didn’t wear make up which made it so much prettier. I was too busy looking at her that I didn’t realize we were at her place.
 
“This is my place. Thanks for walking me home.” She waited for me to say something but I didn’t.  She just bowed her head and walked away.
 
I decided to walk home after walking her home.  I arrived home and went into my room.  That night I was lying in my bed thinking about Haein.  Why am I thinking about her so much?  I shouldn’t even think about her.  I tried to sleep it off that night. Lee Haein, who are you exactly?
 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
 
Merry Christmas Eve/ Christmas everyone! :]