Chapter 12

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
We just got back from a mission that our boss, SM, sent us to do.  They wanted us to trash 2PM’s territory since 2PM had the balls to talk about our boss.  No one talks about boss and gets away with it.  
 
“Did you see the look on their faces when they saw their place get trashed?!” Eunhyuk asked us while smiling. “I should’ve recorded it!”
 
“I know. It was priceless.” Siwon added.
 
“I love Nichkhun’s reaction.  He looked like he was going to cry! What a !” Taemin said. We heard a knock on the door and Minho went to go get it.
 
“Noona what are you doing here?” I heard Minho asking someone. Noona? Who is it?  Haein’s friend ran to me and she looked like she was out of breath.
 
“Haein. Trouble. Help.” What? Haein’s in trouble?! Did Joon kidnap her again?!
 
“Bom. What’s wrong? What are you talking about? Are you okay?” Eunhyuk ran up to her and he looked really worried. “Taemin go get her a cup of water.”
 
“De hyung.” Taemin ran into the kitchen to get water for her.  Taemin ran back and handed her the cup.  After she was done drinking, she started to explain what happen.
 
“Well, Haein and I were working and we were just talking about things and her aunt came.”
 
“Wait, the aunt that abuses her?! Why would you abuse someone who’s your own flesh and blood?” Eunhyuk shouted. What did her aunt want?! Didn’t I tell her to stay away from Haein?
 
“She’s not really her aunt.  Haein’s parents passed away when she was small and Haein’s mom best friend took her in.  She calls her aunt because she took care of Haein until now. I don’t even know why she abuses Haein but she does. So back to the story, her aunt comes in and starts yelling at Haein for lying to her.  She told Haein that she was going to take Haein back since she’s not really married.” She looked at me. Crap.
 
“Wait. MARRIED?! TO WHO?!” Eunhyuk shouted.
 
“Hyung. Let noona finish the story.” Minho told Eunhyuk.
 
“You should ask Donghae-ssi about that.” Bom told all of us.  The guys all looked at me.
 
“What does Hae have to do with this?” Siwon asked this time.
 
“Remember how I brought home Haein that one time? Well we kind of left off the part where I told her aunt that we were married and that’s why I took Haein away from her.”
 
“WHAT?! YOU SAID WHAT?!” The guys all exclaimed.
 
“I just said that so her aunt will let Haein free. It’s not like we’re really married.” They all nodded and all looked at Bom again.
 
“So what happened next noona?” Minho asked.
 
“Well her aunt told us that she hired someone to stalk Haein to see if she was really married or not.  And now, she wants Haein back and said she was going to give Donghae-ssi the money back.  She dragged Haein out of the store and I ran here as soon as that happened. I’m afraid that her aunt might do something to her.  She was mad that Haein lied and she said Haein was going to get it when they get home.” . WHY DIDN’T HER FRIEND FOLLOW HER?
 
I didn’t listen to the rest of the story and just ran out of the apartment.  What the hell is wrong with her aunt?!  Why does she want Haein so much?  I gave her a large sum of money… shouldn’t she be happy with that?  I hope Haein will be alright.
 
Haein’s POV
 
Auntie dragged me home and once we got inside the house she pushed me to the floor.
 
“Why’d you even lie to me!? Didn’t I tell you that I hated people who lie?!” She yelled at me.  She spotted a vase and threw it near me.  “Don’t expect me to miss next time. Now tell me… why’d you lie?”
 
“I-I wanted to be free from you.” I told her.  She looked really mad.
 
“YOU WANTED TO BE FREE FROM ME?! YOU UNGRATEFUL WENCH.” She took another vase and this time she didn’t miss.  The glass shattered on my skin and my skin started to bleed.  She then ran over to me and pulled my hair with one hand while the other hand smacked me to death.  “I’LL TEACH YOU A LESSON FOR LYING TO ME AND I’LL TEACH YOU ANOTHER LESSON FOR WANTING FREEDOM.”
 
“I’m sorry auntie. Please forgive me! STOP HITTING ME!” I cried.
 
“No. I’ll make sure you’ll never pull this stunt again!” She continued on hitting me.
 
The pain was so unbearable and I didn’t even have the energy to tell her to stop anymore.  I just stayed still and let her do whatever she wanted with me.  Why does this have to happen now? I thought she was gone from my life.
 
“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” I heard someone’s voice.  That’s definitely not auntie’s voice.  It’s too manly to be hers.  I looked up and saw Donghae… he looked really mad. “Get your hands off of her.” 
 
“Why should I? She’s not even your wife. She’s not even a somebody to you.” Auntie told him. “Get out of my house now. She’s not yours.”
 
“She’s not yours either. Get your hands off of her now or else.” He told auntie coldly.
 
“Or else what? You’re all talk.” Auntie sneered at him.  Auntie was about to hit me again but Donghae ran over and pushed auntie down.
 
“I already warned you.  Touch her one more time and I’ll kill you.” He warned her.
 
“I’ll report you for harassment. Plus you’ll be charged for murder.”
 
“Go ahead and report me.  See if I care.  I won’t be charge for murder… I’ll make sure no one ever finds your body.” Auntie looked scared… Donghae can tell that she was bluffing. “Give me Haein back now.”
 
“Why do you even want her? She’s not your wife. I already know the truth so there’s no point in lying.”
 
“Then why do you want Haein? All you do is abuse her and slave her around.”
 
“That’s the reason.  She listens to me and follow my orders because she’s obedient.  I miss having someone doing my errands and cooking for me. I miss my slave.” Auntie smirked at him.  I could tell that he was about to slap her even if she was a woman. 
 
“I’m taking her with me whether you like it or not.” Donghae grabbed my arm and was about to lead me to the door but auntie said something that made me stop.
 
“Go ahead. I’ll sue you for kidnapping her. I’ll go report it and have your be put in jail. Plus, I know what you are. That will give them a bigger motive to jail you.” She said.  Donghae can’t go to jail because of me. I can’t keep on burdening him like this.  I pulled my arm away from his grasp.  He looked at me.
 
“What are you doing?” He asked me.
 
“I want to stay with auntie. Just go.” I turned away from him.
 
“You heard Haeinnie. She wants to stay with me. Go and run along now.” She smirked at him. I’m sorry Donghae. 
 
“I know she’s only doing this because she doesn’t want me to go to jail.  I’m asking you one last time hag… what will it take for you to finally leave Haein alone?”
 
“Nothing. I want to keep Haein. I’ll give you your money when I have it.”
 
“Then I’m taking Haein. Don’t worry Haein. She can’t do anything if we’re really married. So let’s get married.” IS HE CRAZY!? “What do you say… will you marry me?” Yupps, he’s crazy.
 
“Ha. You think she’s going to say yes to you? You don’t even love her so why are you going through so much trouble just for her.”
 
“So what’s your answer Haein?” Donghae asked me while he ignored auntie. 
 
“De. I’ll marry you.”
 
“And you were saying?” He smirked at auntie. “We’ll invite you to our wedding. It’ll be next month….” My aunt didn’t say anything and just stood there with wide open.  Donghae grabbed my arm and we walked out of the house.
 
“Are you sure about this? I mean… you have a girlfriend. Wouldn’t this be wrong?”
 
“Don’t worry about it. As long as you’re free from that hag then everything will be okay. Just trust me okay?” He looked at me.  There was something different about his eyes today… it wasn’t cold like usual… it was warm.
 
“De.” Lee Donghae, I’ll trust you from now on… don’t disappoint me.
 
Bom’s POV
 
We were sitting in the living room waiting for Donghae to return.  I wonder what he’s going to do… I wonder if he has Haein with him. Please let Haein be alright.  My arms and legs were shaking and I couldn’t do anything about it.
 
“Bom, calm down. You’re shaking.” I heard Eunhyuk telling me. “She’ll be fine. Hae will find her and rescue her.”
 
“I know. It’s just I can’t help but worry about her. She had such a rough life and her aunt never gives her any slack. It makes me so mad for her.” I didn’t realize that I started crying.
 
“Hey. Don’t cry.” Eunhyuk tried comforting me. “She’ll be okay. Just wait okay?” I didn’t listen to him and started crying even harder.  I felt someone pulling me into a hug. “Shhh. Girls shouldn’t cry.  They look so ugly when they cry.”
 
“She’s my best friend. I can’t lose her.” I cried into Eunhyuk’s chest.
 
“I know. Hae will do his best to get her back. Don’t cry anymore Bom ah.”
 
“Okay. Thank you.” I told him while breaking the hug.  His hand went to my face and wiped my tears. My heart began to beat really fast…. why are you beating so fast heart? This isn’t the time to beat like this…. 
 
“Hyung! Noona! You’re back!” I heard Minho yelling. I looked up and saw Donghae with Haein.  Haein’s face was all bruised and she was bloody. What the hell happened to her.
 
“HAEIN!!!!!” I ran up to her and pulled her into a tight hug. “ARE YOU OKAY?! WHERE’S THE HAG? WHAT HAPPENED? I’M SO SORRY!!” She hugged me back and laughed at me.
 
“De. I’m fine. I’m sorry that I worried you Bommie. I won’t do it again. Stop crying… you look really ugly. You’re no longer goddess status.” She tried to cheer me up but only got me to glare at her.
 
“I don’t care about being a goddess… as long as you’re safe then I’m fine. Let’s go get you cleaned up and you have a lot of explaining to do.” I lectured her.
 
After she changed and I tended her bruises, we headed towards the living room and the guys were all there already.  We all looked at Donghae and her with curious eyes.  
 
“What happened?” I asked them.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“Nothing really. I just came there and stopped her aunt from beating her. I threatened her and took Haein away. Oh yeah we’re getting married.” I told them calmly.
 
“WHAT?!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE WHAT?!” They all screamed together.
 
“We are getting married.” I told them again.
 
“Why?!” They all asked.
 
“That’s the only way Haein will be free. Her aunt won’t be able to do anything to her if she marries me.”
 
“But hyung, you have Sunye. Wouldn’t that be considered cheating?” Taemin told me.
 
“Don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of everything.” They all didn’t look convinced. “Haein, you and your friend should go find wedding dresses and plan whatever you want. You have four weeks so get everything ready by then.” I turned to her.
 
“De.”
 
“Haeinnnie.” Her friend spoke up. “Don’t do this. You should marry for love. I don’t approve of you marrying like this… what’s the point when you guys don’t love each other. He even has a girlfriend!” The hell? I can hear what you’re saying.
 
“It’s the only way I’ll get away from auntie though. I don’t think I can live with her anymore Bommie.  I just can’t. I’m sorry. I know that I’m not marrying for love but if this is what it takes to have my freedom then I’ll do it.”
 
“Arasso.” Her friend said and then she turned to me. “Even if you guys don’t love each other, you better not hurt her or else.” Her friend is pretty feisty too. What’s up with these two?
 
“Don’t worry. I won’t hurt her. So now you guys should go plan the wedding. Haein, feel free to make it your dream wedding. I’ll pay for everything.” I told her and walked into my room.  What did I get myself into? You’re an idiot Donghae… I heard a knock on my door and Eunhyuk walked in.
 
“What are you doing Donghae? Are you in your right mind?”
 
“You already know why I’m doing this… Haein will get her freedom this way.”
 
“Still. You know it’s wrong. She’s an innocent girl Hae. You can’t just get her involved with the gang world. What would happen when people find out that she’s your wife?! They’ll hurt her. You don’t even love her too! I agree with Bom.. This isn’t right. You guys should marry for love. We can find another way to free Haein. This isn’t the right way.”
 
“Then what is the right way then Eunhyuk? Who says we have to marry for love now. It’s the 21st century… And I’ll protect her from any danger.”
 
“You’re an idiot Hae. You make it seem like this marriage will be easy. What if Haein starts falling for you? What are you going to do? And what are you going to do about Sunye? What‘s your plan? Are you going to break it off with her?”
 
“I’ll make sure she doesn’t fall for me… I’ll tell her straight out that this marriage is nothing. I'll break it off with Sunye. It wouldn't be fair for Sunye if I kept on leading her on.”
 
“You’re going to regret this Hae. You act like a heart is really easy to control. Haein will be hurt in the end. I just know it.”
 
“How am I going to regret this?” I asked him.
 
“You’re an idiot. I’ll just let you find out on your own.  You’re my best friend and all Hae, but I’m really disappointed in you.  Just do whatever you like but I don’t approve of this marriage.” He told me before walking out of my room. Why is he so mad?