Chapter 9

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
ing jerk.  I didn’t even do anything to him yet he still has the balls to insult me like that! I told the guys I was going out so why the hell is he getting mad at me for staying out this late?! Jack .  Sigh. I don’t know where to go now. Maybe I should just take up Bommie's offer. She is my best friend and best friends rely on each other right? I decided to walk to Bommie’s place.  I knocked on the door and no one answered.  I tried one more time and this time it was Bommie opening the door.
 
“Haeinnie? What are you doing here?” She looked at me then looked down at my luggage. “What happened?”
 
“Can I crash here? I don’t feel like talking… I promise I’ll tell you later.” Bommie just nodded her head and led me to her room.  She told me to shower while she’ll get the bed ready. After I was done showering, I saw that Bommie was already asleep so I went to my side of the bed and lied down and closed my eyes.  I couldn’t sleep.  I kept on replaying what happened tonight.  Sigh why do you even care what I do when I’m just a nobody to you?
 
=A week later=
 
We week passed and everything’s been the same.  I’ve been staying at Bommie’s place and her parents are thrilled that I’m finally free from auntie.  They treat me like I’m their own daughter and I’m really thankful that I have them.  It was like any other night at work.  Bommie and I were eating snacks while we were gossiping about random things.  We heard the door opened and saw a group of five guys walking in.  One of them goes up to us and ask where the bandages are.  After a good ten minutes of looking around, they headed towards the counter to pay for their stuff.
 
“It’ll be 14.36 please.” I told a really handsome guy.
 
“I’m Lee Joon and you are?” He smiled at me.  Damn. His smile is to die for.
 
“I’m Lee Haein.” He handed me the money.
 
“Well Haein-ssi. I’ll be seeing you around.” He winked at me and left. I turned to Bom and saw her smiling.
 
“OMG he’s so hot! And he’s totally into you!” She started squealing.
 
“No he’s not. Go to work!” I rolled my eyes at her.  We were laughing and I heard someone calling me.
 
“Noona!” I turned around and saw Taemin running towards me.
 
“Oh Taemin. What are you doing here?” He was about to answer me when I saw five other people walking in.  Great. Lee Donghae was here with his girlfriend. Just my luck.
 
“We wanted to buy some drinks and snack.”
 
“I see. Well noona has to work now. Bommie will help you out.” I told him and left to the back room.
 
Bom’s POV
 
I knew Haein went to the backroom to avoid Donghae-ssi.  What a jack .  He has the balls to show his face here when he knows Haein works here.  I don’t even get why he blew up on Haein like that. It’s not like he’s her dad or lover.  Is he interested in her or something? He has a girlfriend though…unless he’s a player!
 
“Yah monster quit daydreaming and ring up the items already.” I heard someone snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked and saw the dumb monkey smirking at me.
 
“First of all, I have a name and it’s not monster. And second of all, your friends are still shopping .” I rolled my eyes at him.
 
“That’s not a way to talk to your customers! Where’s your manager?”
 
“Oh I’m sorry customer. Should I give you a batch of bananas as an apology?”
 
“Why would I want bananas?”
 
“Because you look like a monkey.” I smirked at him.  All his friends except for Donghae and his girlfriend laughed and they .
 
“I’M NOT A MONKEY! I’M TOO HOT TO LOOK LIKE A MONKEY.” Wow, he so conceited.
 
“Stop yelling idiot. And who told you that you’re hot?”
 
“My girlfriend did!” He grinned at me. Seriously… what dumb idiot would go out with this ugly monkey?
 
“Your girlfriend must be an ape then.” This caused another round of laughter among his friends.
 
“YAH. MY SOOYOUNG IS NOT AN APE! SHE’S HOTTER THAN YOU!”
 
“So you admit that I’m hot? Why thank you.” I smirked at him.
 
“I-I Whatever. Taemin you go pay for this. I can’t stand the sight of this monster.” he said before leaving the store.
 
“Noona. I think you’re funny. Eunhyuk hyung met his match.” This Taemin kid told me.
 
“Thank you. It’ll be 16.33 please.” I smiled at him and he handed me the money. 
 
“I hope we’ll see you around more noona!” Aww he’s so cute!  Taemin and the rest of the group left.
 
“You’re not suppose to talk to customers like that.” I heard Donghae’s girlfriend telling me.  I just ignored her and did my own thing.  “So rude. Never coming here again.” She said before she left. I saw Donghae still standing there looking in the back room.
 
“Do you need something? Your friends already left so you should leave too.  Haein doesn’t want to see you so leave her alone.” He didn’t say anything and just stood there looking at me. 
 
“Excuse me. Can you give this to Haein. This is my number.  Tell her to call me whenever she wants.  We should all hang out together.” It’s Lee Joon. Where’d he come from?
 
“De. I’ll give it to her.” He smiled at me and left.  I looked over at Donghae and he turned pale.  I wonder what happened.  Does he know Joon then?
 
“How does Haein know Joon?”
 
“It’s none of your business. Please leave.” I told him. “Are you deaf or something?! LEAVE!” He looked at the back room one last time and left.  I don’t think I should tell Haein about Donghae… she doesn’t have to know.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
How does Haein know Joon?  What is Joon planning? He better not do anything stupid or else I’ll kill him.  But why do I even care… Haein is a nobody to me so I shouldn’t care about what she does or who she hangs out with.
 
“Oppa? Are you okay? You’ve been really quiet.” Sunye asked me.
 
“It’s nothing. I’m just tired. Let’s get you home now.”
 
“Ani. I want to go back with you guys.”
 
“No. I already told you from day one that you will never step a foot in my apartment.”
 
“I don’t get why though! I’m your girlfriend!” She whined.
 
“Whatever. Go home by yourself. You’re pissing me off right now.” I told her while walking off.
 
“YAH GET BACK HERE! I’M NOT DONE TALKING! LEE DONGHAE!” I heard her yelling but I just ignored her and continued walking.  She’s so annoying… why the hell am I still with her?! Oh right… it’s because she’s hot and easy.  If she wasn’t hot then I would’ve dumped her a long time ago.  I got home and just went into my room.  I slammed my door and the guys knew not to bother me when I slam my door.
 
Haein’s POV
 
After the guys left, I left the back room and went up to the counter with Bom.  She was smiling at me. 
 
“What?”
 
“Lee Joon gave you his number and said we should all hang out! Let’s hang out tonight at my place since my parents are gone!”
 
“We barely know them!”
 
“That’s why we should hang out with them! Please???” Bom pouted at me.
 
“Fine. Let’s call him.”  I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.  After a few rings, he finally picked up.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi. Is this Lee Joon.”
 
“De. May I ask who’s calling?”
 
“Hi. It’s Lee Haein. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight at my friend's house.”
 
“Oh. Hi Haein. Sure. When?”
 
“After I’m done with work. In about thirty minutes?”
 
“Alright. We’ll meet you at the store.”
 
“Okay. Bye.” He hung up on me and I turned to Bommie.
 
“So?”
 
“He said yes.” She started jumping up and down and pulled me into a hug.
 
“Thank you!!!”
 
Joon’s POV
 
That was easy.  I smirked at the guys and told them that party time was about to begin.  Lee Donghae, you better watch yourself.