Chapter 6

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
I was getting ready to go to work when auntie stopped me.
 
“You don’t have to work today.  I have something else for you to do.”  She threw a dress at me and I looked at her. “What are you staring at? Go put it on.”
 
I went upstairs to change into the dress she threw at me.  It was a red tube top dress that went up to my thighs and it hugged my body tightly.  Why am I even wearing this?!  I went downstairs and auntie gave me a pair of high heels.  They were high alright.
 
“What’s the meaning of this?” I asked auntie.
 
“My friend paid me good money to spend the night with you. You’re going to accompany him to the club and spend the night with him.” WHAT?! I DON’T WANT TO!
 
“I don’t want to.”
 
“It’s too late… I already took the money so he’ll be here any minute.” We heard the doorbell ring. “Ah, there he is!” Auntie went to go opened the door and in walked a man that was old enough to be my father. 
 
“Is this the girl?”
 
“De. What do you think?”
 
“She’s hot. I hope my money will be worth it.”
 
“Oh it will be.  She’s an obedient girl.”
 
“Alright sweetie let’s go.” He grabbed me by the arms and pulled me to his car.  He pushed me inside and drove off.  Where am I even going? I don’t even want to be here!!!  We ended up at a club and I felt really uncomfortable! My dress is really short and everyone is staring at me.  “We’re going to have such a fun night sweetie.  I’ll give you a night to remember.” 
 
Gross. You .  He pulled me into some VIP room and made me sit next to me.  He wrapped his arm around my waist and made me pour him alcohol.  I’m not a call girl….  He tried groping me and kissing me but I kept on scooting away from him.  Why would my aunt do this to me?!  I rather be working than this…
 
Donghae’s POV
 
The guys all wanted to relax for once so we all decided to go clubbing.  We were all sitting in the VIP room drinking alcohol and there were girls by our side.  I didn’t want the girls by our side but it was Siwon’s idea.  Taemin and Eunhyuk were on the dance floor dancing with random chicks.  I was just sitting in my seat drinking my drink with Minho while Siwon was flirting with the girls.  
 
“Oppa. Why are you sitting there by yourself?” I heard a girl ask me.  “You look bored. Maybe we should go somewhere and I can give you a night to remember.”  I looked at her and didn’t say anything.
 
“Hae, you should have some fun.” Siwon told me.
 
“I have a girlfriend in case you forgot.” I told them.
 
“Oppa. I won’t tell your girlfriend. She doesn’t have to know. Let’s go have some fun, okay?” She grabbed onto my arms.  I didn’t say anything or do anything. I just let her grab my arms while I was drinking my drink.
 
I looked around the club to see what people were doing.  My eyes glanced passed a VIP room and I saw someone familiar in the room.  There was a really familiar girl dressed in a red tube top dress that went up to her thigh.  The dress hugged her body perfectly.  She was hot.  Where have I seen this girl before?  The girl turned around and I got a closer look at her. It was Haein.  Why is she even here at a club? I didn’t know she was the type to go to clubs.  Why is she even here with someone old enough to be her dad?!  Why is he touching her like that? She looked really uncomfortable and she looked like she was about to cry.  I got up from my seat and hurried to her.
 
“Oppa! Where are you going?!” I heard someone telling me.
 
“Hyung!!” Minho tried calling me.
 
I ignored them and ran to the other VIP room.  I opened the door and went over to Haein.  She was shocked when she saw me in front of her.  I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the old ert.  We were about to leave but the ert grabbed her other hand.
 
“Where do you think you’re taking her?! She’s mine for the night! I paid good money for her.”  What the hell? He paid money for her? Is she some kind of call girl?! I didn’t say anything and took out my wallet and threw him a wad of cash. 
 
“This should reimburse you.” I walked out of the door pulling Haein with me.  We were about to leave the club when she pulled her hand away from me.
 
“What do you think you’re doing?” I just saved her from that ert and now she’s getting mad at me?
 
“I saved you from that ert! Don’t tell me you actually like him? Are you a call girl? Do you give yourselves to men like him for money? Do-” Before I could say anything I felt a hand contacting my skin.  She slapped me!
 
“You don’t know anything about me.  You have no rights to judge me.” She told me coldly. “You think I want to make money this way?! You think you’re all high and mighty but you’re not. You’re just some low life jackass.” She told me before walking away from me.  
 
What the hell? She just told me off! No one ever tells me off…. No one even dares to slap me too! What’s wrong with this girl.  After she left, I walked back into the room and the guys all looked at me.
 
“Hyung. Where’d you go?” Minho asked me.
 
“Yah Hae, why is your cheeks red?” Siwon added.
 
“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it. I went outside for a smoke.” I lied to them.  They didn’t believe me but decided that it was best to let it go.
 
I tried to enjoy the rest of my night with the guys but I couldn’t.  I kept on thinking about Haein.  What was her problem? Wasn’t she glad that I saved her? The guy looked like he was going to eat her up.  And why did she even get mad at me?  Did I really hurt her feelings?  Aish, I have to know.  I got up from my seat and told the guys that I was heading home first.  I left the club and walked towards Haein’s place.  I don’t know why but I have to know why she reacted this way.  I was in front of her house now and saw that the lights were still on which means that she’s still awake.  I then heard something breaking and someone screaming.  What the hell is going on?  I ran in front of her door and knocked but no one answered so I decided to kick the door down.
 
In front of my sight was Haein on the floor crying… her hair was all messed up and she had bruises all over her body.  I saw a middle age woman with a metal bat.  There was broken glasses everywhere.  What the ? Did this woman abuse her?
 
“Who are you?! I’m going to report the cops on you for intruding our home!” The middle age woman threatened me.  I looked at Haein… is this how she’s been living her life?!  I decided to help her. 
 
“I’m her husband!” What the ? Am I retarded or something?! Why did I just say that??? Haein looked at me with shocked eyes and the middle aged woman did too.
 
“HOW CAN YOU BE HER HUSBAND?! SHE WOULD TELL ME EVERYTHING. DON’T LIE TO ME YOU PUNK!”
 
“I am her husband. Just ask her.” I told the middle age woman while looking at Haein.
 
“Is this true?! Is he your husband?!” She yelled at Haein.
 
“D-de.” The middle age woman was about to run over to Haein and hit her but I stood in her way.
 
“What do you think you’re doing?! Lay one more finger on my wife and see what I’ll do to you.” I told her coldly.
 
“I DON’T APPROVE OF THIS MARRIAGE! GET OUT! I’LL REPORT THIS TO THE POLICE AND TELL THEM THAT YOU THREATENED HER IF SHE DIDN’T MARRY YOU!” What the hell is wrong with this !
 
“What will it take for you to give Haein her freedom?” I asked her.  
 
After I said that, the woman’s eyes sparkled.  In the end, she asked for a large amount of money in return she’ll give me Haein’s freedom.  After I gave the hag her money, I walked upstairs and packed all of Haein’s stuff and left the house with her.  I was holding her hand with one hand while my other hand was holding her stuff.  We were walking in silence.  I turned around and saw that she was still in the skimpy dress.  I took off my jacket and placed it on her shoulders.
 
“T-Thank you.  You didn’t have to do that. I’ll pay you back the money when I can.” She told me.  She let go of my hand and grabbed her bag from my other hand. “I’ll be off now. I promise you that I’ll pay back the sum that auntie took from you.”  She was about to walk off when I grabbed her hand.
 
“Where do you think you’re going? Do you have a place to stay at?”
 
“A-ani.” She looked down at her foot.
 
“You can stay with us for a while. Let’s go. The guys won’t mind.” I grabbed her hand and led her towards my apartment. 
 
Once we got there, I led her to my room and put her bags down.
 
“You can stay in my room.  I’ll just bunk with Eunhyuk.  There’s towels in the drawers if you need to shower and you can use half of my closet to hang your clothes.  If you need anything, I’ll be in the room next to yours.”  I was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.
 
“It’s okay. You can stay in here. It’s your room. I’ll just sleep on the floor and you can sleep on your bed.” She told me softly. I looked at her and was surprised at what she just told me.
 
“Are you sure?”  she nodded her head at me.
 
“De. And thanks for everything. And I’m sorry that I slapped you.  I was just angry that you saved me from that man.  I was scared that my aunt would find out and get mad at me.”  So that’s why she didn’t want to be saved…. Her aunt would’ve abused her. 
 
“Just go shower.” I told her. She nodded her head and went inside the bathroom.  
 
After she disappeared in the bathroom, I changed out of my clothes and put on a wife beater and sweat pants.  I lied in my bed thinking about what just happened.  Why the hell did I even tell her aunt that we’re married? Why did I have this sudden urge to wanting to protect her?  Why are you doing Lee Donghae? What’d you get yourself into?  I heard my phone ringing and saw that Sunye was calling.
 
“Babe?”
 
“What’d you need Sunye.”
 
“I was just bored. Are you busy tonight?”
 
“I actually am. I’m going to bed right now. I had a long day. I’ll call you tomorrow.”
 
“You don’t even have a little time for me?” I could already imagine her pouting. I hate it when girls pout… it’s so freaking annoying.
 
“I’m sorry. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” I heard her sighing.
 
“Fine oppa. You better call me tomorrow. Night and I love you.”
 
“I love you too.” 
 
I threw my phone on the other side of the bed.  What am I going to do with Haein?  I heard the door opened and saw Haein in front of me.  Her hair was wet and down and she was in a tank top with shorts on.  She looked really pretty… she wasn’t even wearing anything special yet she caught my eyes.  Donghae, snap out of it.  
 
“Do you have any pillows and blankets I can use?” I heard her asking me.
 
“Huh? Oh yeah. Let me go get you some.” I went over to Eunhyuk’s room and got her some pillows and a blanket. “Here.” I handed it to her.
 
“Thank you.” I was watching her make her bed.
 
“Are you sure that you want to sleep on the floor?”
 
“De.”
 
“Okay then. Good night. I’m going to turn off the light now.”
 
“Night and sweet dreams” I heard her saying softly.  I turned off the lights and closed my eyes.  It’s been two hours now and I still couldn’t sleep.  Why can’t I sleep?  I heard soft snoring and it was coming from Haein.  I guess she must be really tired.  I the lights again and got off my bed.  I walked over to where she was and saw her sleeping on the floor.  I decided to pick her up carefully and put her on the other side of my bed.  The floor’s cold and I didn’t want her catching a cold.  I put the blankets over her and returned to my side and turned off the lights.  I closed my eyes again and this time I was able to sleep again.  I haven’t been able to sleep like this in a while.