Chapter 11

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
What a great sleep! I think I was able to sleep since so much happened yesterday.  I can’t believe Lee Joon is a bad guy… he doesn’t even look bad! And I can’t believe he’s in a gang! I can’t believe Donghae’s the leader of a gang… I can’t believe that he saved me yesterday.  He risked his life to save me.  Sigh. Why is he so hard to figure out?  Why is he nice to me one moment and mean to me another?  Boys are so confusing.  Where’s Bom?  Maybe she’s outside.
 
I looked in the living room and saw no one in there.  I checked kitchen and only saw Donghae sitting on the counter eating breakfast.
 
“You’re awake. Your friend made breakfast for all of us before she left.”
 
“She left?”
 
“Yeah. She said she had to go home and clean up.”
 
“She should’ve told me then I would’ve helped her.”
 
“Don’t worry. Eunhyuk’s with her.” Eunhyuk? Why would he even go with her? They hate each other. “Sit and eat. The food’s pretty good.”
 
I went to go sit next to him and he gave me a bowl of rice.  He put some meat on top of my rice and I just stared at him.
 
“Eat. Don’t stare at me.” I remembered last night when I was crying and he pulled me into a hug.  The way he talked when we were hugging was so soft and warm.  Why is my heart beating fast just thinking about it? I’m not in love with him right? I don’t even know what the feeling of love is. 
 
“De.” We ate our breakfast/lunch in silence.  After we were done, I offered to clean up but he said that he would do it.  I just sat at the counter watching him… he had a really nice back view. I just wanted to hug it… Haein, stop being a ! Then I remembered that he was a gang leader… is he going to kill me since I know his secret now?! “Excuse me?” 
 
“Yes?” He answered and turn to face me.
 
“Last night, Lee Joon told me that you were a gang leader… is that true?” He just stared at me.  Is he mad now? Crap… I should’ve just kept my mouth shut…
 
“Yes I am. Does that scare you?” Does that scare me? I don’t think it does… even if he was a gang leader, he’s still a good person.  He’s proven that to me so many times.  I know he has a warm heart.
 
“Ani.” I smiled at him and he was shocked by my answer.
 
“Why?”
 
“Even if you’re a gang leader, I can tell that you’re a good person.  You’re not bad like how people would depict gang members.  You’ve saved me so many times before when you could’ve just left me there.  Even if you don’t show it, you have a good heart.” I explained to him. He didn’t say anything and just stared at me.
 
“I don’t have a good heart. I just don’t like seeing people bullying on innocent people.”
 
“That means you have a good heart.” I smiled at him. “Well I’m going to go now. I think I’m going to help Bommie out now. Thank you for last night.  I already said this but I will pay you back.” I bowed to him and grabbed my belongings and left.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I don’t know why but I felt nervous when she asked me if I was really a gang leader.  If I told her the truth, would she be scared of me? Would she be disgusted of me?  When she told me that she wasn’t scared of me I was so surprised.  She told me that she thought I was a good person with a warm heart. Why would she even think that? I told her that I didn’t have a good heart but she didn’t believe me.  I don’t know why but my heart started to beat faster when she smiled at me…. What does that mean? You can’t love her Donghae.  It’s wrong for you to love her. You can’t.
 
Haein’s POV
 
It’s been a few days since I found out that Donghae and the guys were in a gang and Lee Joon is a bad guy.  I’ve been wondering why Joon and Donghae hate each other so much.  Maybe I guess they’re rival gangs so they have to hate each other.  Bommie and I were working again tonight… what a surprise right? Not.  It was just like any other night. Sigh. I wish time would just pass by already.  I wanted to go home.
 
“So have you’ve seen any of the guys lately?” Bommie asked me.
 
“No. Why?” I looked at her curiously.
 
“Nothing. I was just wondering that’s all.” She looked away from me.
 
“You like one of them right?!” She was blushing! OMO. “Who?! Don’t give me crap and say no one because you’re blushing right now!”
 
“You promise you won’t make fun of me?” I nodded my head at her. “I think I like Eunhyuk-ssi.” I KNEW IT!!! I had a feeling that it’d be him!
 
“I KNEW IT!!!!! No wonder why you’re so mean to him!!” I . “When? How? Why?!”
 
“I don’t know. I just realized this a few days ago when he was at my place helping me clean up.  I don’t know… I always thought he was a jerk but he showed me a different side of him. He’s sweet and funny and caring.  There’s just something about him and his gummy smile! It’s so I don’t know. My heart flutters when I see it. I know I have no chance though since he has a girlfriend. It’s just a crush. Don’t say anything okay Haeinnie?” I was about to say something but I heard the door opening and it’s the last person that I wanted to see.