Chapter 43

Baby Don't Cry

 

Seulgi’s POV
 
It’s been a week since Yunho-ssi found out about my relationship with Jaejoong oppa. I think he told the girls and they’re all ignoring me now. They don’t even talk or look at me at work.  Haein skipped a whole week off at work. I tried calling Haein and leaving her a message but she didn’t reply so I had to call Donghae.  He told me that Haein didn’t want to talk to me.  She didn’t want to be involved with me when I’m going out with an engaged guy.  I can’t blame her though. Sigh now I have no one except for Jaejoong oppa. I decided to call him.
 
“Oppa? Where are you?”
 
“Didn’t I tell you not to call me? I’m planning the wedding with Yeonhee. Bye.” 
 
He didn’t even say I love you.  I grabbed my bag and decided to walk around in Seoul since there wasn’t anything for me to do.  I ended up at a coffee shop and decided to go in and relax in there.  I ordered a white chocolate mocha and waited for my order to come. I looked around and there were many couples here.  Sigh I wish I was able to do this with someone.  Jaejoong oppa would only come out when he’s free or when it’s safe.  I looked over and saw someone familiar.  It was Yunho-ssi! He was with another girl though.  They were both smiling at each other… are they going out? Why does it even matter? He’s nothing to you Seulgi ah. I decided to get my drink for to go.  I didn’t want to be here since it’d be awkward.
 
I went over to the counter and had them switch it to on the go.  I stood by the counter waiting for my order to be finished.  It was finally done and I wanted to leave the place in the hurry so I didn’t look at where I was going and spilled my drink over someone’s dress.
 
“WHAT THE HECK. WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!” The girl shouted at me.
 
“I’m sorry. I’ll pay for dry cleaning!” I bowed to her and apologized.
 
“YOU CAN’T PAY FOR THIS YOU IDIOT! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS DRESS COST? WHY ARE YOU SO ING STUPID!? LOOK WHERE YOU’RE GOING NEXT TIME!” She shouted.
 
“YAH! I SAID I WAS SORRY! YOU DON’T NEED TO YELL AND TALK DOWN ON ME!” I shouted back at her.
 
“FIRST YOU RUIN MY DRESS. NOW YOU’RE GOING TO BE RUDE TO ME. WHAT KIND OF A PERSON ARE YOU?!” She shouted at me and slapped me in the face.
 
‘WHAT THE HELL. WHY’D YOU SLAP ME FOR?!” I yelled at her and was about to slap her back when I felt a hand holding my wrist.
 
“Slap her and see what happens.” I heard a voice. I turned around and it was Yunho.  “Apologize to her for being rude. You did ruin her dress so why are you giving her attitude.” He told me coldly.
 
Why the hell is he even defending her?! She was at fault. I said sorry and offered to pay but she just talked down on me! I bit my lip to stop myself from crying.
 
“I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” I bowed and left.  I don’t know why but I started crying.  I didn’t even do anything. Why did he even defend her?  I ran to the park and sat there.  I just sat there and cried my eyes out.  I decided to call Jaejoong oppa.
 
“Oppa?” I cried.
 
“DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO STOP CALLING ME?! WHY ARE YOU SO NEEDY?” He yelled over the phone.
 
“I needed someone to talk to.” 
 
“STOP CALLING ME WHEN I’M WITH YEONHEE. I’M HANGING UP NOW.”
 
I had no one to turn to now.  My friends turned their backs on me and my own boyfriend doesn’t give a about me.  He’s too busy planning his wedding.  I went home and cried myself to sleep.  Bae Seulgi. Why are you even crying? You deserve this. This is karma for you.
 
The next day I went to work and the girls were still ignoring me.  Haein was actually at work today but she didn’t even look at me.  She just ignored me and did her own thing.  I was in the kitchen cooking the food when the waiter came out to me and told me that a customer wanted to see me.  I told the other chef to cover for me and walked towards the customer.  To my surprise, it was Jaejoong oppa and his fiancé.
 
“This is our head chef.” The waiter told them.
 
“Omo. I’m Lee Yeonhee.  Oppa told me how your friend is going to make the cake for our wedding so I was wondering if you could cater the food for our wedding. Your food is really good.” Yeonhee told me. I looked over and saw the girls looking at me.  They were rolling their eyes. 
 
Yeonhee seems like a really nice girl.  I couldn’t hate her for marrying Jaejoong.  I was about to say something but I heard the door open and Donghae, Yunho, and Eunhyuk came in.  I guess they were here for lunch to visit the girls.
 
“Are you sure you want me to cater for your wedding?” I asked her. But the question was directed to Jaejoong oppa. He didn’t even look at me.
 
“Yeah. Your food is really good. I know the guests will love it if you catered. Oppa was the one who recommended you. Oppa says that you're a great cook.” She told me.
 
He was the one who told her to hire me?! Why would he even do that? I looked at him but he still didn’t at me.
 
“I don’t know.” I told her.
 
“Please? Oppa can you ask her for me.” She whined.
 
“Seulgi-ssi. It would be nice if you cater for my fiancé.  I want my love to get what she wants for her wedding.” He told me.
 
Love? He said he didn’t even love her. Is he just using me?  Did he lie to me this whole time so he can get what he wants?  I can’t believe I was in love with this jackass.  I can’t believe I didn’t listen to Yunho. He tried to tell me yet I was blinded by this .  There was Yunho who was interested in me but I didn’t even notice him because I was blinded by something I could never have.  Kim Jaejoong, you . Yeonhee seems like a nice girl so I’ll do her a favor and save her from a devil like Jaejoong.
 
“Love? You just told me a few days ago that you didn’t love her.  You told me that you’re marrying her for your mom’s sake.  Was that all a lie? You make me sick Kim Jaejoong. Lee Yeonhee. Your fiancé here has been cheating on you.  I’ve been the other woman and I’m sorry. It was wrong of me to sleep with him.  And you, you make me sick. I hope she dumps your . I suggest that you break it off with him… he won’t be able to commit to you.” I told them and threw water all over his face and ran out of the restaurant.  I didn’t want to be anywhere near them anymore. 
 
Haein’s POV
 
I can’t believe that Jaejoong has the balls to bring his fiancé to the restaurant where his mistress is working at! I want to chop off his balls.  I can’t even hear what they’re talking about.
 
“I want to chop off his balls!!!!” I gritted.
 
“Baby. Calm down. Let’s not look at them anymore. It’s not our problem.” Donghae pulled me to sit down.
 
“What a prick. I can’t believe he has the guts to show his face here.” Bommie said. 
 
“Let’s go stab his face.” Ri In stated.
 
“Girls calm down. Getting mad won’t do anything.” Eunhyuk told them.
 
“You don’t understand babe! If I was in Seulgi’s shoes that guy would be a dead man already. If you ever do that to me Lee Hyukjae, see what I’ll do to you!” Bommie threatened him.
 
“Babe. I’ll never cheat on you. So don’t worry.” He reassured her.
 
I looked over at Yunho oppa and he was quiet.
 
“Are you okay oppa?” I asked him.
 
“Yeah I’m fine. It’s nothing.” he smiled weakly at me. I know that he’s not over unnie yet. He says it’s just a crush but it’s not. I know that he’s in love with unnie.
 
We heard unnie yelling and we all turned our head over to their direction.  She was yelling at him and she told Yeonhee-ssi about Jaejoong’s affair with her.  At the end, she threw water in his face and ran out. I was about to go after her but Yunho oppa beat me to it.  He ran after her.
 
“And he says he’s over here.” I heard Donghae say. I looked over at him and smiled at him.
 
“Do you think?” I asked him.
 
“Maybe. But she’s hurting right now.” He told me. I looked over and saw Yeonhee slapping the jerk and she walked off. Serves him right.  The left after and we couldn’t help but laugh at what just happened.  I wonder if oppa found unnie yet.
 
Seulgi’s POV
 
I ended up running to the park near the shop.  Why am I so stupid?! Why didn’t I even see this coming? I’m such an idiot for believing that he’ll actually love me.  Everyone tried to warn me but I didn’t listen.  And worst of all, Yunho tried talking me out of it but I didn’t listen. And what hurts even more is that Yunho is cold towards me now.  He was one of the person that I would go to when I’m hurt but now I have no one. Yunho is probably laughing at me right now.  I don’t know why but I can’t get the image of yesterday out of my head.  I wish he would’ve defended me and came to my rescue.  Why am I even thinking about you Yunho? I just sat on the bench and cried my heart out.
 
“Seulgi ah.” I heard Yunho’s voice. I looked up and saw him in front of me.  I got up from the seat and ran into his arms.
 
“I’m so sorry. I should’ve listen to you.  What I did was wrong.  I thought he would actually love me. I’m so stupid for loving a person like him.” I cried in his arms.
 
“It’s okay Seulgi ah. He’s a jerk. He’s not worth it alright? You’ll find someone better.” He comforted me.
 
“I’m so stupid.” 
 
“You’re not. He just played you. He’s an for that. Don’t cry anymore okay?”
 
“Why are you being so nice to me? I thought you hated me. You were so mean to me yesterday! Did you know how hurt I was when you defended your girlfriend?” I cried even harder.  I don’t know why but Yunho defending his girlfriend hurt more than Jaejoong oppa being an to me.  
 
“She’s not my girlfriend. I went on a date with her but I felt no sparks.  I was mad at you that’s why I did what I did yesterday. I’m sorry if I hurt you.” He hugged me tighter.
 
“Why are you so nice to me Yunho?” I asked him.
 
“Didn’t I tell you already that I’m interested in you? I know this is not the right time to say this but I think I love you Seulgi ah. You’re all I think about. I can’t stop thinking about you no matter how much I try.  It drives me crazy.” He confessed.
 
He loves me? Do I love him though?  I realized that I didn’t cry because of what Jaejoong oppa did.  I cried because Yunho saw the whole thing and he was going to tease me about it.  I cried because Yunho was right.  I cried because Yunho hurt me.  I could care less about Jaejoong oppa now.  Why am I so stupid?  I should’ve realized that Yunho was important to me.  I broke the hug.
 
“Why would you love a stupid girl like me?” I asked him.
 
“You’re not stupid. You just made the wrong decision.  But you’re human so it’s okay if you made a mistake.” He told me. “Give me a chance Bae Seulgi. I promise to love you and cherish you.”
 
“I-I think I love you too Yunho. You hurt me and that made me sad.” I told him. 
 
“I won’t hurt you from now on.” He pulled me into another hug. “I love you Seulgi. Give me a chance?”
 
“De. I’ll give you a chance. Promise me that you won’t hurt me.” I mumbled in his chest.
 
“I promise you.” He kissed my head. We stayed like that for a while. It felt great being in his arms.  Is this what it feels like to be in love? I didn’t really feel this way when I was with Jaejoong oppa.  I felt empty when I was with him.  But when I’m with Yunho, I felt warm and safe.  Jung Yunho, I promise to love only you from now on.