Chapter 21

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
I woke up and saw Haein sleeping in my arms.  She looked so beautiful and peaceful.  I remembered what happened last night and it was wonderful.  What Haein and I did last night was better then all the other times I’ve slept with the other girls back then.  Sure I slept with other girls but I didn’t make love to them.  Haein and I made love to each other and it was great.  I smiled at her and kissed her forehead.  She moved a little bit and moved closer to me so she can snuggle in my chest.  I love having her in my arms… it made my heart feel warm.
 
“I love you Haein. I’m glad that I saved you from the old erts that day. I’m glad that I got involved with your life. I promise that I’ll take care of you from now on.” I whispered to her. “Thank you for loving me and thank you for showing me what love is again.” I felt my phone vibrating and it was my mom calling.
 
“De umma?”
 
“Are you busy today?” She asked me.
 
“Ani. Why?”
 
“Come over with Haein. Let’s hang out today. Is that alright with you?”
 
“De umma. We’ll come over when we’re awake.”
 
“Alright. I’ll see you later!” I put my phone back on the desk and fell  asleep again dreaming of my Haein.
 
“Oppa. Wake up.” I heard Haein’s voice and I felt her shaking me. “Your mom called again and said to come over soon.” I opened my eyes and saw her holding onto my arms.
 
“Good morning to you too.” I smiled at her. I pulled her on top of me and gave her a good morning kiss.
 
“Oppa! You have morning breath!” She laughed at me.
 
“But that’s not going to stop me from kissing you!” I pulled her in for another kiss. “How was your sleep?” I asked her.
 
“It was great. I haven’t slept like that in days!” She smiled at me. “Let’s go get ready okay? I’ll go shower first.” She was about to get off but I pulled her back.
 
“How about we shower together?” I suggested.
 
“Ani. I don’t want to shower with you!” She told me.
 
“Why? I saw everything last night already.” I smirked at her.
 
“Oppa!” She smacked me on the chest. “You’re mean.” 
 
“I’m sorry! Go shower first then. And I’ll shower after.”  She got off and went to go shower while I lied in bed smiling to myself.  Maybe what Siwon said is true… I feel a lot happier when I’m with Haein then when I’m with Jieun.
 
After getting ready and telling the guys where we were going, we headed towards my mom’s.  She was holding onto my hand really tightly.  Is she nervous? There’s nothing to be nervous about. My mom loves her.  She was happy that I was marrying someone like Haein.
 
“What’s wrong?” I asked her.
 
“I’m just nervous. I don’t know why I’m so nervous. I hope your mom and family likes me.” I smiled at her.
 
“Mom loves you. I know dad and hyung will love you too.” I assured her. We were in front of my parent’s house already. 
 
“Is it too late to go home now?” She asked me.
 
“Yes. Let’s go.” I laughed at her. We entered the house and I looked over at Haein.  She was admiring the inside of the house.
 
“Wow. Your house is huge!” She said in awe. I just laughed at her.
 
“Master Hae. You’re home. It’s been a while since I’ve last seen you! My you’re getting more handsome! Is this your wife? Omo. She’s a beauty.” Ahjumma Lee said.
 
“Hi. Ahjumma Lee. How are you? Yes this is my wife, Lee Haein.”
 
“Hi I’m Lee Haein. Nice to meet you.” She bowed to Ahjumma.
 
“Omo. You’re so pretty! Come in… your parents are waiting for you.” She smiled at us. Ahjumma led us towards the living room and Haein’s eyes went wide.
 
“Omo. My son and daughter in law are here!” Umma said while running over to us. She pulled me into a hug. “How are you?! You look great!” She broke the hug and went over to hug Haein. “How are you doing my beautiful daughter in law! You’re practically glowing right now! Do you love the married life?”
 
“De umma.” Haein broke the hug and smiled at umma.
 
“Is my son treating you right?” She asked Haein.
 
“De. Donghae’s been treating me like a queen.” Haein blushed.
 
“Hey son.” Appa greeted me. “How are you? You look so much happier.”
 
“Hey appa. I’m great. How are you doing?”
 
“I’m great. Let’s all have a seat.”
 
“De. Where’s hyung?”
 
“He’s at work right now.” Appa told me. I looked over at my mom and she started crying.  Haein and I looked at each other. What’s going on?
 
“Umma. Why are you crying?” I asked her.
 
“It’s because you’re finally back to yourself again.  You’re finally happy and smiling again. I missed this Donghae. Ever since Jieun left, you became cold and smiled less.  You became distant from us. Do you know how much we missed you?! Donghae, come back home now. We let you do whatever you wanted to do… now’s the time to come home please?” umma told me.  My parents and hyung don’t know that I’m in a gang.  If they knew, they would kill me. I can’t just come back now because I’ll just endanger them.
 
“Your umma’s right Donghae. Come back home. You and Haein should live with us now.  I’m getting old and I need someone to take over the company. I want you and your brother to both take over.” Dad added.
 
“Appa. Umma. Right now I can’t move back in with you guys. I’ll move in when I can but now is not the time. Please trust me.” I told them. I’m not ready to leave the gang life yet.  I get paid great money so why should I leave? I looked over at Haein and she looked disappointed.
 
“Alright. But don’t keep us waiting long.” Appa told me.
 
We spent the whole day eating and talking to one another.  I could tell that Haein loved my family and they loved her.  Umma was practically babying her and making sure Haein got everything she needed.  You can tell that Appa loves her too by the way he looks at her.  He has this proud face whenever he sees her.  Hyung loves Haein too.  He told her that if I ever hurt her then he’ll kick my .  It was finally night time so we decided to go home.  Umma packed us some food to bring home.
 
“Haein honey. You can visit us any time you want. If you’re bored please come over!” Umma told her.
 
“De umma. I’ll come over whenever I can and I’ll help you cook.” She smiled at my umma.
 
“Aigoo. I have such a beautiful daughter in law.” Umma gushed.
 
“You two go ahead and go home now. Call us when you arrive home okay?” Appa told us.
 
“De. We’re off now. Bye umma. Bye appa. Bye hyung.” I told them.
 
“Bye guys.” They told us.
 
We were walking home and I was holding her hand with one hand and holding the food umma packed with the other hand.  Haein was being really quiet right now.  She was fine before… what’s the problem now?
 
“What’s wrong?” I asked Haein.
 
“Nothing’s wrong. I’m just tired that’s all.” She told me but I didn’t believe her.
 
“I don’t believe you. Tell me what’s wrong.” I heard her sighing.
 
“Can’t you just leave the gang world? Can’t you just take up your parent’s offer?” She asked me. Is this what’s bothering her? Is this why she seemed disappointed?
 
“That’s none of your business.” I told her. I don’t know why but I was getting mad at her.
 
“It is my business! You’re my husband! I don’t want to be worrying over you every time you have a mission to do! I hate it when people kidnap me because they want to get revenge!” She ranted.
 
“Why are you telling me this now?! You seem to be fine with it before why act up now?!” I shouted at her.
 
“Can’t you see how much your parents miss you? Can’t you see how much they love you?! Why can’t you just go back to them?! Why go back to the gang world when you can live a regular life!” She shouted back.
 
“YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING LEE HAEIN SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH! I LIKE LIVING IN THE GANG WORLD! PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY SCARED OF ME! I DON’T WANT TO GO BACK TO MY PARENTS NOW BECAUSE I’LL JUST END UP HURTING THEM. THERE’S NO WAY THAT I’M GOING TO LEAVE THE GANG WORLD SO YOU SHOULD STAY OUT OF IT!” I exploded at her.
 
“WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID AND SELFISH?! FINE YOU WANT TO LIVE IN THE GANG WORLD THEN GO AHEAD… I WON’T STOP YOU.” She exploded back. “I-I just can’t deal with worrying for you all the time. I hate not knowing how you’re doing. It’s not my business? I’m your wife for crying out loud.  You told me that you love me last night but you don’t act like it.” 
 
“Haein.” I called her.
 
“Don’t. I don’t want to hear it anymore. It’s your decision. Let’s go back now.” She told me and walked ahead of me.
 
What did I just do? Why did I blow up at her like that?