Chapter 26

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
It’s been a month since everything happened.  I’ve been living with Bommie.  Bommie hasn’t been talking to Jieun unnie anymore.  She was disappointed in Jieun unnie. At first, she was okay with her because unnie didn’t know.  Unnie told Bommie that she didn’t’ care if Donghae was my husband because he’s her first love and she wants him back.  Donghae and I are officially divorced.  We no longer have any ties with each other anymore.  He can finally live his life with Jieun.  I could care less now.  I don’t care about love anymore.  Love is just a waste of time.  I’m currently on my last semester of school and I’ll be able to get my culinary degree. I was in class right now listening to my teacher lecture.  He finally dismissed us and I was about to leave but he asked me to stay.
 
“Haein how would you feel about going to Paris for two years to learn the art of pastry? You’re one of my best students and I would recommend you going there after you get your degree. It’ll be a great experience.” he told me.
 
“I’ll think about it professor. Thank you for recommending me.” I bowed to him and left the class room. I was walking home and I heard a voice talking to him.
 
“Well isn’t it Lee Donghae’s wife?” I turned around and saw Lee Joon smirking.
 
“What do you want? I’m not in the mood.” I told him.
 
“Why are you so feisty?” He told me. “But I like it.”
 
“If you’re here to give me a hard time then go away.”
 
“Aww did Mrs. Lee get in a fight with her husband.”
 
“HE’S NOT MY HUSBAND ANYMORE OKAY?! HE’S BACK WITH HIS FIRST LOVE SO WHY DON’T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE. WHY IS EVERYONE GIVING ME A HARD TIME?! WHY CAN’T I GET A ING BREAK?!” I started to cry.  Joon was thrown off with my outburst.
 
“Hey stop crying! People might think I did something to you! Please stop crying! I’ll buy you ice cream if you stop!” I looked up at him.
 
“You’ll really buy me ice cream?” I sniffed.
 
“Yeah. If you stop crying.” He told me. I just nodded my head. “Good girl. Let’s go.”
 
He dragged me to an ice cream parlor and let me choose any flavor I wanted.  After choosing green tea ice cream, he paid for it and we went outside to sit.
 
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry.” He apologize.  What is this? Lee Joon is apologizing?
 
“It’s okay. I just had a rough day that’s all and I just cracked.” I told him.
 
“So you guys are over?” He asked me.
 
“De. And he’s back with his first love. He actually slept with her when we were still together.” I smiled bitterly at him. “I thought that he loved me but he was only using me as a replacement for her. I feel pathetic. I can’t believe I loved him.”
 
“He’s a jerk. He doesn’t know what he’s missing.” Joon told me. I looked at him and he was actually smiling at me.  It was actually a genuine smile. “Do I have something on my face?”
 
“Ani. You should smile like this more. You look better like this.” I told him.
 
After finishing my ice cream, I told him that I had to go and he offered to walk me home.  The walk home was quiet.
 
“This is my place. Thanks for walking me home and thanks for the ice cream.” I smiled at him.
 
“No problem. I’ll see you around and feel better. He’s not worth your tears.” He walked off. He’s not a bad guy after all.  I went to bed that night wondering if I should take the offer to Paris or not. It’ll be a fun experience for me and I’ll be able to taste all these pastry. Plus, I’ll be able to forget Donghae.  Maybe this is a sign for me to move on.  Maybe it’s a sign for me to start over… I decided… I’m going to go to Paris.
 
I’ve been hanging out a lot with Joon lately for these past two weeks.  He’s really not a bad person after all. He’s really funny and sweet.  I told my professor that I want to go to Paris and he told me that I’ll be leaving in a few days.  I asked Joon if he wanted to go eat with me so I can tell him the news.
 
“What’s the big news?” Joon asked me.
 
“I’m going to Paris for two years.  There’s this program for pastry and the professor recommended me to go so I decided to go. I leave in a couple of days.” I told him.
 
“That’s good. Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked me.
 
“De. I think it’s a sign for me to move on with my life and start over again.” I smiled at him.
 
“Well if that’s what you want then I’ll support you no matter what Lee Haein.” He smiled at me.
 
“Can I ask you one last thing?” 
 
“Go for it.”
 
“Why do you and Donghae hate each other so much?” I know it’s random but I’ve always been curious.
 
“Because we both love Jieun but Jieun loves Donghae so I broke them apart. I was the one who made Jieun go away.” He confessed.
 
“Do you still love her?” I asked him.
 
“Ani. I’m over her now. I met someone else. I hope one day she realizes my feelings for her.”
 
“She will. You’re a great guy Joon. I’m surprised actually. I never knew that you could be so sweet.” I .
 
“You don’t know a lot about me!” He smirked. “Have a safe trip Haein and feel free to call me if you need anything.”
 
“De. I’m off now oppa. Take care.”
 
Thank for everything Joonie. You’ve done a lot for me these couple of weeks. Thanks for being here for me.  I’m ready to start my new life now. I’m ready to move on and not look back anymore.  I will be successful and I will live a great life. Just watch and see Lee Donghae.