Chapter 2

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
It was finally closing time and Bommie invited me over to sleep at her house since it was already late.  I told her that auntie expected me to be home with the money so I can’t.  I arrived home and saw that auntie was asleep already.  I got ready for bed and knocked out.
 
=A Few Hours Later=
 
I heard someone yelling at me… it was auntie.
 
“Lee Haein, get your lazy down here!” Crap. I ran downstairs and saw auntie sitting on her chair looking really pissed off.
 
“Do you know what time it is?! It’s already noon and you’re still sleeping?! I didn’t raise you to be lazy!”
 
“I’m sorry auntie. It won’t happen again. Plus, I don’t have work until 8.”
 
“I don’t care! Make yourself productive at home! Clean the house or something. Cook dinner if you have time! I don’t want you sleeping anymore.”
 
“De. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.”
 
“Where’s the money?”
 
“I didn’t get paid yesterday. I’m getting paid today though.”
 
“Didn’t I tell you that you must give me money every day?! You ungrateful wench!” She yelled at me while pulling on my hair.
 
“Auntie I was wrong. Please let go of my hair. I’m sorry… It won’t happen again.”
 
“I always hear that! You keep on saying that over and over.” She slapped me in my face. “You never do learn do you?! Maybe I should teach you a lesson.”
 
“No. please auntie. Give me one more chance. I won’t let you down anymore. Please.” I was begging her not to hit me anymore. I knew she was going to get the metal bat and start hitting me with it.
 
“I’ll give one last chance.” She warned me. “Get out of my face. I don’t want to see you right now.” She kicked me out of the house without even letting me get ready.  I was still in my pjs but it was ripped thanks to auntie.  My hair was a mess and I have a brand new bruise on my face.
 
Where do I go now? I can’t go to Bommie’s because her parents would freak out if they saw me like this.  I have no where else to go.  I don’t really have anyone else besides Bommie. Auntie forbids me to have any friends.  She even made me drop out of school to work and earn her money.  She said school was a waste of time. Sigh. I ended up wondering around the park.  There was no one here since everyone was probably in school at this time.  I found a bench and sat down.  I don’t know why but I started crying.
 
“What’s a beautiful girl like you doing out here crying?” I heard someone asking me.  I looked up and saw two middle aged men smiling at me.
 
“Come to oppa. Oppa will make you feel better.” The other man said. Oppa? You’re old enough to be my dad!  I stood up from the bench and started to walk away from them.  I felt someone pulling my hand and turned me around.
 
“Where do you think you’re going? Oppa’s not done with you yet. Do you think you can get away. You’re such a tease do you know that? You’re wearing ripped pajamas and you expect me to not have fun with you?” The chubbier old man told me.
 
“Let go!!” I tried free his grasp but he was too strong. I tried to scream but the other man took his hand and covered my mouth.
 
“Cooperate with us here ! We’ll be done with you soon!”
 
“Get your filthy hands off of her.” I heard someone saying.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“YAH WHO DRANK MY LAST STRAWBERRY MILK?!” I heard Eunhyuk screaming.
 
“I’m sorry hyung! I was so thirsty last night and there was no water so I had to drink it!” I heard Taemin apologizing.
 
“YOU IDIOT. DIDN’T I SAY NOT TO TOUCH MY MILK?! AISH. GO GET ME MORE THEN!” 
 
Taemin, why are you such an idiot?! Everybody in this house hold knows not to drink Eunhyuk’s strawberry milk.  Eunhyuk becomes a different person when someone touches his milk.  Eunhyuk’s usually a nice and friendly guy but when it comes to his milk, he becomes a monster.  I was trying to sleep but I heard all the screaming and it frustrated me.  I got up from my bed and went inside the living room.
 
“YAH LEE HYUKJAE. CALM YOUR DOWN. AND TAEMIN YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER NOT TO DRINK HIS MILK!! AISH YOU GUYS ARE SO ANNOYING. I CAN’T EVEN ING SLEEP ANYMORE.”
 
“I’m sorry Hae.” Eunhyuk apologized.
 
“I’m sorry hyung. It won’t happen again. I’ll go get you more milk hyung.” I just rolled my eyes at the both of them.
 
“I’ll go get it. I can’t stand being in here with you two right now. How many do you want Hyukjae?”
 
“Just get me a dozen of them.” I didn’t say anything.  All I did was put on my jacket and headed towards the door.  Eunhyuk knows not to say anything because when I’m pissed I would use his real name.  I went to the convenience store near our place and got a dozen of the strawberry milk for Eunhyuk.  I went up to the counter to pay and I didn’t see the girl from last night working.  I guess she got off of work already. Wait. Why am I even thinking about her.  She has nothing to do with you. You don’t even know her.  I paid for the drinks and decided to walk through the park since I didn’t want to go home to the guys yet.
 
I heard a girl telling someone to let her go and the person didn’t listen.  He went on how he was going to have fun with her first.  What the hell? What kind of a creep would a girl in the day time?  I went over to see what this was all about and to my surprise it was the girl working from last night.  She was surrounded by two fat s.  What the hell? Shouldn’t they be working?! I dropped the bag of milk and walked over to them.
 
“Get your filthy hands off of her.” I warned them.  The two low lives turned around and smirked at me.
 
“Run along now.  This isn’t any of your business.” One of them told me.  I looked over at the girl and she looked really scared.  One thing I hated the most was when people took advantage of girls.  
 
“I’ll warn you one last time. Get your filthy hands off of her or else.” I told them coldy.  They just laughed at me.
 
“Or else what you punk?” One of the guy sneered at me.  
 
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.  I ran up to the one who was holding onto her arm and kicked him in stomach.  I punched the other in his face.  They both fell to the ground.  The one that I kicked, got up and tried punching him.  I dodged it and punched him in the face.  He fell to the floor and I got on top of him and started punching him over and over.  I felt someone tackled me and he tried to punch me but I blocked it.  I punched him in the face and he fell to the ground.  I stood up and started kicking him over and over.
 
“ALRIGHT. STOP. WE’RE SORRY. PLEASE LET US GO.” they cried.
 
“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to her.” They turned to the girl and bowed their heads.
 
“We’re sorry. It won’t ever happen again. We’re sorry.” And they ran away after apologizing to them.  I looked at the girl and she didn’t even look at me.
 
“T-Thank you.”
 
I didn’t say anything and walked to the bag of milk and picked it up.  I was about to leave but I saw how her pjs was ripped.  I took off my jacket and placed it over her shoulder.  She was about to take it off but I told her not to.
 
“Just take it. You don’t want other erts to hit on you again.  You should go home now. I’m off now.”
 
I walked away from her.  I looked back and saw her sitting on the bench crying.  This girl! Didn’t she learn her lesson just now?! Why is she still sitting here? Aish… I ended up walking back to her.
 
“YAH. Didn’t you learn your lesson?! Why are you still even here!? Shouldn’t you be heading home?” I asked her. She didn’t say anything. “Yah I’m talking to you here!” 
 
“I can’t go back home right now.” She told me while looking up at me. I don’t even know her and she’s already troublesome.  I sighed and messed up my hair.
 
“You can stay at my place until you’re allowed back home.” She looked at me with shocked eyes.
 
“It’s okay. I just have to wait a few hours then I can go home.”
 
“You better listen to what I say. You can crash at my place for a few hours. Let’s go. Don’t question me.” I warned her. She nodded her head and followed me.  She was like a lost puppy following her master.  We finally arrived at my apartment and I let her go inside first.
 
“Hyung you’re-” Taemin was about to say but stopped when he saw the girl. “Who’s this hyung?”
 
“Hi. I’m Lee Haein. Nice to meet you.” She told Taemin while bowing her head.  So her name is Lee Haein?  It’s a nice name. Wait. What are you talking about Donghae?
 
“Hi I’m Lee Taemin. Come in!” He smiled at her and pulled her inside.
 
“Is Donghae back with my milk?” I heard Eunhyuk asking. “Wait. This isn’t milk. Who’s this?”
 
“I don’t know. Hyung just brought her home.” Taemin replied. I entered the living room and saw Taemin sitting on the couch with Haein and Eunhyuk sitting on the floor.  Minho wasn’t in the living room which meant he was in his room.  Siwon was in his room too.
 
“Is Donghae home?” I heard Siwon asking. I looked over and saw him coming out from his room.  He looked around the living room and spotted Haein. “Why is the here?!”
 
Taemin and Eunhyuk looked at each other.  And they both ended up looking at me.  This is going to be a long evening…