Chapter 1

Baby Don't Cry

 

My name is Lee Haein. I’m currently 18 years old.  My parents passed away when I was 10 and I’m currently living with my mom’s best friend.  She’s not the greatest person ever but I really can’t complain because she’s been taking care of me ever since my parents passed away.  All auntie cared about was money… so as long as I made money and gave it to her then I’m fine.  She abuses me sometimes but I just let it go since she provides me with food and shelter.
 
I currently work at a convenience store near my place.  I work there with my best friend, Park Bom.  Park Bom has been my best friend since forever.  We knew each other since we were little.  Bom didn’t understand why I still lived with auntie when she saw my bruises. She asked me to come live with her and her family but I didn’t want to intrude.  I’m fine living with auntie.  It’s not that bad living with her.
 
It was just another night of working at the convenience store and Bom was working with me today.  Auntie got mad last night because I spent ten dollars on food.  She ended up pulling my hair and hitting me.  I have a bruise on my arm and lips.  I couldn’t cover my bruise on my lip so Bom would find out about my aunt.  Bom hated auntie… the only reason why she’s putting up with auntie is for my sake.  
 
“Yah. Lee Haein. Did your aunt touch you again?! Why do you have a bruise on your lips?! What’s the reason this time?!” Bom shouted at me once she saw my lips.
 
“I spent ten dollars on food and she got mad.  It’s my fault anyways Bommie. Don’t worry about it.” I gave her a small smile.
 
“Aish. This girl. I’m so sick and tired of the way that hag treats you! She’s suppose to be your mom’s best friend! Friends don’t treat their friend’s daughter like this! Haein, come live with me and my family! Please… my parents wouldn’t mind.” Bom begged me.
 
“Ani. I can’t. I don’t want to intrude. I told you I’m fine. Let’s start working!” 
 
We started stacking up the products and putting price tags on them.  The night went by slowly since there was no customers.  Most sane person would be in bed by now.  I looked at the clock and it read 3am.  Just two more hours then we can go home and sleep.  This is my life… sleep during the day time and work during the night time.  I can’t really complain since auntie expects me to make money for her.
 
“I’m so tired! I don’t know how you can do this every day Haein. I only work three times a week and yet I’m already tired. You do this every day.  And that hag doesn’t even give you a cent from what you make!”
 
“Bommie, just let it go. You’re making me feel uncomfortable.”
 
“Arasso. I just hope one day you realize that you deserve better.  That’s all I’ll say.”
 
“Do you want some noodles? I’ll make some for the both of us.”
 
“De. And can you get me a can of corn too? I want some corn!” 
 
That’s Park Bom for you… she loves corn.  No one can get in the way of her love for corn.  I went to the storage room and boiled hot water for the noodles while I took a can of corn and opened it for Bommie.  The water started to boil and I poured it into our cup of noodles and brought the cups out to the counter to eat.
 
“This is so good! I don’t know which one I love more right now!” 
 
“You’re such a pig Bommie!” I .
 
“Whatever. You’re a pig too!” She teased me back. We were laughing at each other and didn’t realize someone walking into the store.
 
The guy was with two other guys and they all had bruises on their faces.  Did they get in a fight or something?  The guy standing in the middle was really handsome even if he had cuts on his face.  There was just something about him that really stood out.  His hair was nicely cut and spiked up.  He had a really nice and define jaw line.  It was y. Wait, Haein what are you saying? Stop being a ert…stop checking him out!  The other two guys were not bad looking either.  The tallest guy was really handsome too but not as handsome as the first guy.  He had dimples and very bushy eyebrows.  The other guy was blonde and he had really nice skin for a guy!  He had a really define jaw line too.  They were all good looking in my opinion.
 
“Excuse me, but do you guys sell alcohol and cottons here?” the blonde one asked us while flashing his gummy smile at us.
 
“De. It’s in aisle 8 and it should be on your left.” Bom told him.
 
“Thank you.”
 
The three guys left to aisle 8 and returned to the counter with two bottles of alcohol and two bags of cotton.  They also had some snacks and bottles of soju.
 
“Wait until I get my hands on those ers.  I’ll show them not to mess with my face.” the tall one said.
 
“We should just steal their girls and show them who’s boss.” The blonde one added in.
 
“Just let it go. Those ers aren’t worth our time. Call Taemin and Minho to see if they finished the job already.  They better not mess up.” The handsome one said.  He had a really nice voice.  Lee Haein, snap out of it.
 
“How much do we owe you?” The blonde one asked me.
 
“7.39 please. And can I also see ID for the bottles of soju?” This caused all three guys to stare at me.
 
“Listen woman. This is Korea.  People don’t ask for ID so we’re not giving you any ID.”
 
“Well, I guess you guys won’t be getting the soju.” Bommie pulled me to the side.
 
“Excuse us for a moment.” She smiled at them. “What do you think you’re doing Haein?! Do you want us to get killed?! They look dangerous! Just give them what they want… please?”
 
“I can’t do that.  The law states that I have to ask for ID. What’s wrong with that?”
 
“Haein… if you don’t want me to have a heart attack then just give it to them. Just do this for me, please?” Bommie pleaded with me.
 
“Fine. Just for you.” I rolled my eyes.  We walked back to the counter. “Arasso. 7.39 then. No need for ID.”
 
The tall one handed me a ten dollar bill and I gave him his change.  They took the bag and was about to leave but the handsome one came back to the counter.
 
“I forgot. Give me a pack of cigarette please.”
 
“Smoking is bad for you, you know?” I told him.
 
“Well no one asked you. Didn’t your mom tell you respect your elders?”
 
PFFT. Elders? He looked barely older than I was.  I was about to say something but I felt Bommie kicking me.  I guess that was a sign for me to shut up.  I handed him the pack of cigarette and he handed me the money.  After that he left.  What’s up with him and his groupie? So rude.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“What’s up with that ? Who is she to tell us what to do?” I heard Siwon complaining. “We should teach that a lesson!”
 
“Hyung, just let it go. She’s only a girl. She’s not even worth it. It’s not like we’ll be seeing her anymore.” Eunhyuk tried calming Siwon down.
 
It’s understandable that Siwon’s mad.  That girl at the convenience store acted like she knew everything and tried lecturing us.  She didn’t know anything about us so she should’ve just kept shut.  I hate girls like that… they make me sick.
 
It was like any other night.  The Infinite gang called us out and entered our territory so we decided to enter theirs and start with them.  We ended up beating them up badly. Minho and Taemin stayed back to take care some of the bodies.  I gave them orders to place the Infinite members bodies in the dumpster to show them who’s boss around here.  You don’t mess around with the Super Junior gang and get away with it. I guess you can tell that we’re in a gang and I’m Super Junior’s gang leader.  No one better mess with me and get away with it. I felt my phone ringing and it was Minho calling me.
 
“Hyung?”
 
“Did you take care of it?” 
 
“De. We dumped their bodies in the dumpster.  They were complaining why the dumpster out of all places.”
 
“I see. Good job. Get out of there and return back to the apartment.”
 
“De hyung.”
 
“Was that Minho?” Siwon asked me.
 
“Yeah. He told me they dumped the bodies in the dumpster already.”
 
“What did the dumb asses say?” Eunhyuk asked me.
 
“They were complaining about why out of all places we chose the dumpster.”
 
“Because they’re trash.  They better learn from this lesson to not mess with Super Junior.” Siwon said.
 
“Let’s go back. I’m tired and you guys should clean your faces if you don’t want scars.” I told them and we headed home towards our apartment. Once we got home, we started cleaning our bruises and cuts then headed to bed.  It was a long night… now it’s time for sleep.