Chapter 44

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
It’s been thirty minutes now.  I wonder if Yunho oppa found Seulgi unnie yet.  I wonder what they’re doing. I was pacing back and forth.
 
“Baby. I’m going to get dizzy if you don’t stop pacing back and forth.” Donghae told me.
 
“I’m sorry.” I pouted at him. He got up from his seat and pulled me into his arms.
 
“Don’t worry. Yunho will find her and they’ll work things out. Just watch and see.” He comforted me. 
“But it’s been thirty minutes. What’s taking them so long?” I pouted.
 
“Be patient babe.” He laughed at me and we heard the door open. “Well would you look at that?”
 
I broke the hug and looked over and saw Yunho oppa holding hands with Seulgi unnie. She looked scared and was about to run off to the back but Yunho oppa tighten his grasp on her and walked her over to where we were. No one said anything and we just looked at each other.
 
“You can do it babe.” Yunho said.
 
“I-I’m sorry that I didn’t listen to you guys. I’m sorry that I chose to be with him even though he was engaged. I’m really sorry and I hope you guys can forgive me.” Seulgi unnie said.
 
I didn’t say anything and went over to here and hugged her.
 
“I’m just glad you’re okay unnie! From now on, you better not do something like that again!” I told her.
 
“Yeah. You better not disappoint us anymore.” Ri In said and walked over to us and hugged us.
 
“You’re lucky that you have Yunho oppa now. He’s so much manlier than that she man.” Bom said and hugged us too.
 
“De.. I know I’m lucky that I have Yunho-ssi.” She smiled at us.
 
“I guess this is our cue to leave.” Eunhyuk cleared his throat. We broke the hug and smiled at the guys.
 
“We have to go to work now. I’ll see you later Haein. I’ll pick you up later.” Donghae smiled at me and kissed me goodbye.  We spent the whole day working and catching up with one another.  It feels good to have Seulgi unnie back.  
 
Donghae’s POV 
 
I was with Eunhyuk and he was out picking his tux.  They were getting married in a few months.
 
“So what color did Bom pick for the theme?” I asked him.
 
“She said she wanted a pastel purple so I guess it’s that.  So I should get that tie color and stuff?”
 
“Yeah. You excited for your wedding?” I asked him.
 
“Yeah. I can’t wait.” He smiled at me. “My mom’s already asking about grandchildren.”
 
“Already?! You guys aren’t even married yet!” 
 
“I know. I said that too. My mom was like marry soon and produce soon. She’s not getting any younger.”
 
“Do you want kids though?” I asked him.
 
“I do. I’m ready for them but I don’t know about her. It’s all up to Bom.”
 
“I see.”
 
“What about you?” He asked me.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Do you want kids?”
 
“I do. I’m not sure about Haein but I’ll leave it up to what fate gives us.” I smiled at him. My phone started ringing.  It was my Haein.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Yeah. What’s up baby?”
 
“Are you done?”
 
“Not yet. Why?”
 
“I’m not feeling that well so I was wondering if you can pick me up from work.  Since you’re not done I’ll just take the bus home then. I’ll see you later oppa.”
 
“Wait. I’ll take you home. Are you okay? Do you want to go to the doctors?” I asked her.
 
“Ani. I just want to rest. I’ll wait for you at the shop oppa. I love you.”
 
“I love you too. I’ll be there soon.” I hung up on her and Eunhyuk looked at me.
 
“What’s wrong? Why do you look so nervous?” He asked me.
 
“Haein’s not feeling well so I’m going to go pick her up. I’m sorry I can’t help you today.” I told him.
 
“Just go. She’s your wife. I’ll manage on my own.” He smiled at me and I ran to my car and sped towards my wife.  I arrived at the store and ran inside.  Haein’s was sitting on the table and she looked really pale. 
 
“Baby are you okay?” I ran to her and pulled her into a hug.
 
“De. I’m just not feeling well.” She replied weakly.
 
“Donghae ah. Take her home and take care of her please. We‘ll take care of everything from here. Just let her go home and rest.” Bom told me.
 
“Alright. Thanks Bom. Let’s go home baby.” I told Haein and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and guided her towards my car.  
 
She slept the whole car ride home.  I wonder what’s wrong with her. I didn’t want to wake her up so I carried her in my arms and carried her into our bedroom.  I placed her on the bed and put the blankets over here.  I gave her a kiss on the forehead and headed outside.  I took my phone and called Eunhyuk.
 
“Hey. How’s Haein?” He asked.
 
“I don’t know. She’s asleep now.  She was really pale when I got there to pick her up.  I’ll take her to the doctors tomorrow to see what’s wrong with her.” I told him.
 
“I see. Did you need something?”
 
“Ani. I was just calling to see if you picked out everything already.”
 
“Yeah I did. I’m heading home right now.” He told me.
 
“Well I was calling just to see if you were done. I’m going to bed now.” I told him.
 
“Alright. Bye Hae”
 
I went to go get ready for bed and got in bed.  I felt Haein stirring and looked over to her and saw her opening her eyes.
 
“What time is it?” She asked while rubbing her eyes.
 
“It’s 11 pm.” 
 
“Why are you sleeping so soon? Don’t you have work to do?” She asked me.
 
“I do. But I want to sleep with you.  The work isn’t mandatory.” I smiled at her. “Let’s go to bed now.”
 
“Are you sure?” She asked.
 
“I’m sure.” I smiled at her and held her in my arms. “Let’s go to the doctors tomorrow okay?”
 
“Okay. I love you.” She said.
 
“I love you too.” I replied. She didn’t say anything and I knew she fell asleep again.
 
I woke up the next morning and Haein was still sleeping soundly in my arms.  I decided to let her sleep for a bit more and carefully slid my arm away from her and headed towards the living room.  I made an appointment with the doctor for her.  I decided to let her sleep for another thirty minutes before waking her up for her doctor appointment.  Thirty minutes later I headed towards our bedroom to wake up my Haein.
 
“Baby. Wake up. I made an appointment to the doctors.  You need to get ready. Wake up baby.” I told her while shaking her softly.
 
“Five more minutes umma.” She replied cutely.
 
“Wake up baby.” I laughed and leaned in and gave her a kiss on the lips. After I broke the kiss, she opened her eyes and smiled at me.
 
“I’m awake now.”
 
“Good. Let’s go get ready now.” I pulled her up from bed and we headed towards the bathroom. 
 
After we were done getting ready, we headed to the doctors.  We signed in and were waiting in the waiting room until it was our turn.
 
“Mrs. Lee Haein?” the nurse called us and we walked into the doctor’s office. 
 
“Mr. Lee please wait here. We need to scan and see what’s wrong with her.” the nurse told me and I just sat in the waiting room and waited for them to be finished.
 
After ten minutes, the nurse called me into the room and Haein and I sat in the doctor’s room waiting for the doctor to come.  The doctor came into the room and sat down on his chair.
 
“Hi doctor. What’s wrong with my wife? Is she okay?” I asked the doctor.
 
“Your wife is fine. You need to start taking care of her better.” The doctor smiled at me.
 
“Why? I thought you said she was going to be fine.” I told him.
 
“Congratulations. Your wife is six weeks pregnant.” The doctor told us.
 
“W-what?” Haein said.
 
“My wife is pregnant?!” I raised my voice.
 
“De. Six weeks now so you have to take good care of her from now on.” The doctor told me.
 
“De. Thank you doctor.” I thanked him and he handed us a prescription for prenatal vitamins. 
 
After we picked up the vitamins, Haein and I headed to my car.  She was quiet this whole time.  I wonder what’s on her mind.
 
“Babe. What’s wrong?” I asked her.
 
“Nothing.” She said quietly.
 
“Tell me.” I told her.
 
“Are you okay with this? I-I mean with me being pregnant?”
 
“I’m more than okay with this. I’m happy. Why you aren’t?” I smiled at her.
 
“Ani. I’m happy too. I thought you wouldn’t like this news.” She said but didn’t look at me.
 
“Baby. Look at me… I’m happy. I want this. I want to be a dad.” I pulled her so she’s facing me.
 
“I can’t believe we’re going to be parents.” She smiled at me.
 
“I know. Thank you Haein.” I pulled her into a hug.
 
“What for?” 
 
“For giving me the greatest gift.”
 
“I love you Donghae.”
 
“And I love you Haein. I’ll protect you from now on baby. I’ll protect you and the baby. I’ll make sure nothing ever hurts you guys. I promise.”
 
I intend on keeping that promise Haein. I’ll never let anything harm you guys.