Chapter 7

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
I woke up the next morning and saw that it was 7 in the morning already.  I turned my head and saw Donghae’s face next to me.  He was still sleeping and his sleeping face was really handsome. WAIT. Then everything that happened yesterday wasn’t a dream?! I’m finally free from auntie?! Wait, wasn’t I sleeping on the floor yesterday though?  I walked to the bathroom to wash up and then headed towards the kitchen.  No one was awake yet so I decided to make breakfast for everyone.  I think there was four of them living here so I should make four omelets for them.  I went to the fridge and saw that they didn’t have anything in there.  How do these boys survive?  I decided to go to the grocery store to buy them some food.  I grabbed my jacket and wallet and headed towards the door.
 
I wonder what’s Bommie doing right now.  I decided that I should tell her everything later.  I got to the grocery store and got a shopping cart.  I grabbed two dozen of eggs, some noodles, dumplings, cheese, snacks, and other things that I think they would eat. Maybe I should get them more strawberry milk! I remember Donghae having a bag filled with them the time he saved me.  I decided to buy 24 packages of strawberry milk.  I went up to the counter and paid for everything.  I started walking back to the apartment but then I realized I didn’t know how to get there. What do I do now? I walked over to the park near the grocery store and sat there waiting for a sign.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I opened my eyes and saw that Haein wasn’t on her side of the bed anymore.  Where’d she go? I got up from my bed walked towards to bathroom to see if she was in there.  She wasn’t.  Maybe she’s outside.  I went outside and didn’t see anyone in the kitchen or the living room.  Did she go somewhere?  Maybe she went to work or she went out with a friend.  I looked at the time.  It was 8 am.  Why would she go out so early though?  Should I go look for her?  Wait, why am I even worried about her.  I walked back to my room and went back to sleep.  
 
I woke up two hours later and decided to go to the living room.  Minho and Siwon were already awake and they were watching TV.
 
“Hyung you’re awake already?” Minho asked me. I just nodded my head at him.
 
“Where’d you go yesterday Hae? You missed out on so much fun!” Siwon told me.
 
“Your definition of fun is girls and booze.” I rolled my eyes at him. I walked towards the living to see if Haein was back.  She’s still not back?
 
“Hyung, what are you doing?” Minho asked me.
 
“Nothing. I’m going to go for a walk. I’ll be back in a bit.” I told the guys and grabbed my jacket and headed towards the door.  I took out a cigarette and put it in my mouth and lit it.  I started walking around the neighborhood.  I decided to go to the park again since I had nothing else to do.  I saw Haein sitting on the bench with a bunch of bags surrounding her.  What is she doing here? “Why are you sitting out here? Aren’t you cold?” I asked her. She looked up at me with her big brown innocent eyes.
 
“D-de. I saw that there wasn’t any food in your fridge so I went to go buy some to fill it up.  And then I remember that I didn’t know the way back to your apartment and I just ended up here praying for a sign.” She smiled weakly at me. Aish. Who told this girl to even go buy food for us?!  I took off my jacket and handed it to her.
 
“Take it. You’re going to catch a cold. Let’s go. I’ll show you how to get back. Give me the bags. I’ll carry them.” She just nodded her head and followed me back to the apartment.  I opened the door and let her go in first.
 
“Hyung, you’re back early!” Minho said. “Who’s this hyung?” he asked me once he saw Haein.
 
“Hi I’m Lee Haein. It’s nice to meet you.” She bowed to Minho.
 
“I’m Choi Minho. It’s nice to meet you too.” Minho told her while he looked at me.  I ignored his stare and took the bags to the kitchen.
 
“What’s going on in here?” I heard Siwon asking me.  Siwon spotted Haein and he was surprised. “It’s you!” Siwon yelled. This caused Haein to hide behind me.
 
“Can you not yell this early in the morning.” She told him.
 
“I didn’t mean it that way! I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for being such a jerk the last time we met.” Siwon apologized.
 
“It’s okay.” Haein told him.
 
“Hae, what’s going on?” Siwon asked me.
 
“Go grab the other two and meet us in the living room.” I told Siwon. He went to go get the other two while we headed towards the living room.  I looked over at Haein and she looked nervous.
 
“What’s going on? I’m trying to sleep here!” Eunhyuk complained.
 
“Yeah. I have such a bad hangover.” Taemin added.  
 
The boys stopped once they saw Haein in the living room.  Taemin and Eunhyuk ran towards Haein.
 
“Haein! What are you doing here?!” Eunhyuk asked her. He looked really happy.
 
“Haein-ssi will be staying with us for the time being.” I told them.
 
“WHAT?!” all four of them screamed.  They all looked at Haein for a response.
 
“If that’s not too much to ask of you guys.” Haein bowed at them.
 
“Erhm. Welcome to our apartment!” Eunhyuk was the first to welcome here.
 
“Welcome noona! Does this mean you’re going to cook for us?!” Taemin asked which earned him a smack from Siwon.
 
“Welcome Haein-ssi.” Siwon smiled at her.
 
“You can just call me Haein.” I looked over at Minho to see what his reaction was going to be.
 
“Welcome Haein-ssi. I hope you’ll feel comfortable here.” Minho offered his hand for her to shake.
 
“Just call me Haein.” She shook his hand.
 
“Wait, how old are you?” Taemin asked her.
 
“I’m turning 19 soon.” She told him.
 
“So you’re my noona then! You’re Minho hyung ‘s noona too!” 
 
“De. I see.” I could tell that she was uncomfortable.
 
“Guys go help her put the grocery away.  She bought food so the least you guys can do is put it away for her. I’m going to go shower now.” I told them before I went into my room to shower.
 
Minho’s POV
 
After hyung went inside his room, we all decided to question Haein.
 
“How did this all happen?” Siwon asked her.
 
“It’s a long story. Do you guys want to hear it?” She replied.
 
“We have all the time in the world noona!” Taemin told her.  She just smiled at us and we walked over to the couch and waited for her to start the story.
 
“So what do you guys want to hear?” She asked us.
 
“Everything. Like how in the world did you get hyung to let you stay with us?” I told her.
 
“Well, I didn’t go to work yesterday because my auntie basically sold me to some old man.  And he decided to take me to the club.  I guess Donghae was at the club and he managed to save me from the old ert.  And then he called me a call girl and all these other things and I slapped him. And then-”
 
“WAIT YOU SLAPPED HIM?!” We all asked her.  No one has ever slapped Donghae hyung before.  Even if someone did, he never let them get away with it.
 
“De. And I called him a low life jack and then left him.  I went back home and my auntie found out that I left her friend at the club and she started yelling at me and threw stuff at me.  Then she took a metal bat and hit me and Donghae came in and told my auntie that we were together.  Afterwards, he paid my auntie a large amount of money and we left.  I was about to leave and he told me to stay at the apartment. And here I am….”
 
Her aunt abuses her?! What kind of an aunt does that?! And she even sold her own niece to an old ert! Why would you freaking do that?! I can’t believe Donghae hyung saved her though.  He never really cares for any other girls.  He would just  let them be and not get involved.  On top of that, he asked her to stay over.  He never lets anyone stay over.  We’re not even allowed to bring anyone home! What’s going on…  Taemin’s right though… when you look at Haein, you just want to protect her. There’s something about her that’s so fragile. 
 
“Wait, so since you were here last night, where’d you sleep? I didn’t see you in the living room.” Eunhyuk hyung asked her.
 
“I slept in Donghae-ssi’s room.”
 
“WHAT?!” We all screamed this time.
 
“Why?” She asked us innocently.
 
“Hyung never lets anyone enters his room! Not even his girlfriend can enter his room!” Taemin told her.
 
“Why?”
 
“I don’t know. He just doesn’t like anyone entering his room.  It’s the only place he can get his privacy.  And he never allows us to bring anyone home.  His girlfriend has never been here either.  Sorry if we surprised you. We’re just all surprised.” Siwon told her.
 
“I see. Is there a reason why he doesn’t let anyone come?”
 
“We can’t really say.  Hyung will tell you if he wants to.” I told her.
 
“Okay. Well, I’m sorry if I’m crashing here. I promise to pay back Donghae-ssi and I’ll find a place after.” She bowed to us.
 
“Don’t worry about it. Our home is now your home.  So feel at ease. If you feel bad you should cook for us noona!” Taemin smiled at her.
 
“Okay. Did you guys eat yet? I’ll make fried rice omelet for you guys!”
 
“Okay!” We all went to the kitchen to help her.  
 
She’s a really nice girl.  I hope hyung doesn’t hurt her. Hyung, what exactly are you planning?  You better not use her for a replacement… you already have Sunye for that…. You better be careful hyung.