Chapter 25

Baby Don't Cry

 

Donghae’s POV
 
“Oppa?” I heard someone calling me.  I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I saw Jieun sitting in front of me. “You should sleep on the couch next time. You’re going to hurt your back.”
 
“I’m fine.” I told her.
 
“Oppa I’m sorry.” She told me.
 
“Just tell me later.” I told her.
 
“Okay. When can I be discharged?” she asked me.
 
“I don’t know. I’ll go ask the doctors.” I told her and left the room.  I spotted a doctor and he told me that Jieun can be discharged today if she wanted to. I went back inside her room and saw her watching TV. She turned it off once she saw me.
 
“What’d the doctor say?”
 
“You can be discharged today if you want. Do you want to? How are you feeling?”
 
“I want to be discharged today. I’m feeling better. Do you think you can take me home?” She smiled at me.
 
“Yeah. Let me go take care of your paper work and I’ll take you home.”
 
After everything was finished, Jieun was finally discharged.  I took her place to her place and made sure she had everything she needed.
 
“Are you sure you’re going to be alright?” I asked her.
 
“Oppa. I’m fine. It’s not like I got shot or anything.”
 
“Alright. I’m going to go now.” 
 
“Oppa wait. Can we talk now?” She asked me.
 
“About what?”
 
“You know what.  Oppa let me explain why I left.” She told me.  
 
“Explain then.” I told her and walked over to her bed and sat next to her.
 
“I didn’t leave you because I wanted to. I left you because I had to.  Lee Joon threatened to kill you if I didn’t leave you.  He said that if he couldn’t have me then you can’t have me.  He sent me away and told me not to tell you where I went or contact you at all. I really wanted to oppa but I couldn’t risk it. I couldn’t let you die like that so I decided to leave.  I still love you oppa. You’re all I think about even after these four years. I came back for you.” She started crying.
 
I didn’t know how to process this information.  She left because Joon threatened her and she did it to save me.  She still loves me after these four years? Do I still love her?
 
“Idiot. Who said that you had to leave for me? You could’ve told me and I would’ve protected you. I wouldn’t mind risking my life for you… you know that Jieun. And you know that you mean the world to me and I would do anything for you.” I pulled her into a hug. “When you left, I was heartbroken. I had no signs of where you went. I tried looking for you everywhere but I couldn’t find you. Did you have any idea how I felt?”
 
“I’m sorry. I won’t do it again. I promise. This time I’ll stay by your side forever.” She hugged me back. “I love you Lee Donghae.”
 
“I love you too Jung Jieun.” I broke the hug and pulled her in for a kiss. The kiss became passionate and I pushed her down the bed and got on top of her.
 
“I want you Lee Donghae. Make me yours.” 
 
Haein’s POV
 
I felt my phone ringing and saw that Bommie was calling me.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Haeinnie! Are you busy?”
 
“No. Why?”
 
“Let’s go visit Jieun unnie and cheer her up!” She told me. I didn’t feel like it but unnie seem really upset.
 
“Alright. Meet me at my place and we’ll go from here.”
 
“Okay. See you soon.”
 
I got off of bed and went to go get ready.  I guess it’s not a nightmare.  It’s really happening right now. Donghae. Why are you being like this? Did I do something wrong to you? I honestly thought we were going somewhere.  It’s been a year since we’ve been married and yet you still don’t trust me yet.  Bommie finally arrived and we headed towards unnie’s place.  We rang the door bell and few minutes later unnie opened the door.  Her hair was all messed up and she was wearing a large tshirt.  It looked like a guy’s shirt! Don’t tell me she had you know last night.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” She asked us all shocked.
 
“We wanted to cheer you up since you looked really upset that day.” Bommie told her.
 
“You don’t have to anymore. I met up with my first love again and now we’re together again.” She smiled at us.
 
“Congrats unnie! I told you he’ll come around.” I smiled at her.
 
“So did you guys you know since you’re in his shirt!” Bom . She turned red. “OMO so you guys did!!”
 
“Babe who’s at the door?” I heard a very familiar voice. I saw Donghae coming out shirtless. I felt my heart breaking into pieces. Then it all made sense. Jieun is Donghae’s first love.  This is why he’s been distant from me.
 
“Babe. You’re awake. This is my cousin and her best friend.” She told him. He looked over at his and his eyes were wide open. “This is Park Bom and Lee Haein. Guys this is my first love, Lee Donghae.”
 
I didn’t know what to do.  I bit my lip so I wouldn’t cry.
 
“Unnie. I remember I have something to do. I have to go now. I’ll see you later. Bye.” I bowed to her and ran away.  
 
So this is where you’ve been Lee Donghae. You’re back with her? I thought you said she was dead. What’s going on here? I thought you said you love me. Was all this a lie? Were you just using me to get over her for the time being?  I ran as far as I can and I ended up falling on the floor. I couldn’t take it anymore… I finally broke down.  I felt so used. How could he do this to me?! I felt my phone ringing and Bommie was calling me.  I didn’t want to pick up. I didn’t want to talk to anyone.  I just wanted to go somewhere far away.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I couldn’t believe it. Jieun and Haein knew each other! I couldn’t believe that I forgot about Haein. I’m such an idiot! I hurt her once again…
 
“LEE DONGHAE YOU ING IDIOT! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! I TOLD YOU NOT TO HURT HER BUT YOU KEEP ON HURTING HER! SO WHAT IF JIEUN UNNIE IS YOUR FIRST LOVE. YOU’RE MARRIED! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU CHEATED ON HAEIN. ING IDIOT! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE BACK WITH UNNIE NOW. YOU UNFAITHFUL BASTARD!” Bom yelled at me.
 
“Wait. What’s going on?” Jieun asked.
 
“This er is married to Haein. He cheated on Haein with you. Now excuse me while I go look for my best friend.” she told us coldly and ran off.
 
What have I done?
 
“Y-you're Haein’s husband?” Jieun asked me.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“You’re married yet you slept with me?!” She yelled at me.
 
“I forgot that I was even married when I was with you!” I told her.
 
“I can’t believe you’re married. Then what about Haein? What are you going to do?” Jieun asked me. She was right… what am I going to do?
 
“I-I don’t know.” I told her.
 
“Do you love her?”
 
“I don’t know anymore. I thought I did but then you came along.”
 
“Who do you want to be with then oppa?” She asked me. Who did I want to be with? Haein or Jieun? I don’t know. Jieun’s my first love and I’ve never really gotten over her.  I don’t know how I feel about Haein anymore.  Was I really using Haein as a replacement?
 
“I want to be with you Jieun.” I told her.
 
“Then you have to divorce Haein if you want to be with me.”
 
Haein’s POV
 
It was night time and I finally decided to go home.  I got so many missed calls from Bommie and the guys.  I entered the apartment and the guys ran up to me.
 
“WHERE HAVE YOU’VE BEEN?! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE’VE BEEN?!” They shouted.
 
I didn’t say anything and walked towards my room.  Donghae was sitting on the bed and he looked at me once I entered the room.  I didn’t say anything to him and walked towards the closet and got out my luggage.  I packed all my clothes and all my belongings.  After I was done, I headed towards the door.  The guys saw me with my luggage.
 
“Noona where are you going?” Taemin asked me.
 
“Did you get in another fight with Donghae?” Siwon asked me.
 
“Hyung what’d you do to noona now?” Minho asked Donghae. I guess he came outside now.
 
“I’m leaving for good. Thank you for everything that you’ve guys done for me. I’ll always remember it. You guys always took good care of me. Take care of yourselves now. Bye.”
 
“Noona what’s going on?” Minho asked me.
 
“I can’t do this anymore.” I smiled sadly anymore. The guys all looked confused.
 
“Why do you always have to run away?” I heard Donghae asking me.  
 
“No one asked you.” I told him coldly. I was about to walk away but I decided to tell him everything. I turned around and went up to him. “I HATE YOU. YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVE ME AND NOW YOU’RE SLEEPING WITH YOUR FIRST LOVE AGAIN. YOU COULD’VE JUST TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS STILL ALIVE AND THAT YOU STILL LOVE HER. I HATE HOW YOU JUST USED ME AS A REPLACEMENT. I HAVE FEELINGS TOO LEE DONGHAE. YOU CAN’T JUST USE MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS. IT’S NOT FAIR FOR ME. YOU’RE AN LEE DONGHAE AND I HATE YOU. DON’T WORRY ABOUT ME ANYMORE. I’LL DIVORCE YOU SO YOU CAN GO BE WITH HER. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD LIFE.” I told him before walking away.
 
“YOU’RE BACK WITH JIEUN/JIEUN NOONA?!” was the last thing I heard.  I’m done with you Lee Donghae and this time I mean it.  I don’t want anything to do with you anymore.  Thank you for showing me how painful love is.  You taught me to not ever fall in love ever again.