Chapter 49

Baby Don't Cry

We were walking home when I heard my stomach growling.  Donghae stopped walking and started laughing at me.

 
“Is my baby hungry?” He teased me.
 
“You’re mean.” I pouted at him.
 
“I’m only joking. Let’s go get something to eat okay?” He asked me.
 
“De. Let’s go.” I told him excitedly.
 
“What do you feel like eating?” He asked me.
 
“Hm I want some ramen!” I told him.
 
“Let’s go.”
 
We found a ramen shop on the way and decided to go in and eat.  We ordered our food and waited for it to come out.  I was getting the chopsticks out and saw him staring at me.
 
“What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?” I asked him.
 
“No there’s nothing on your face.” He smiled at me.
 
“Then why are you staring at me?” I asked him.
 
“I was thinking of all the pain I put you through. I’m sorry Haein. I hurt you again when I promised that I wouldn’t.” he told me.
 
“Idiot. I already told you that it’s fine. You’re back now and that’s all that matters.” I smiled at him. Our food came out and we started to dig in. I finished my bowl before his and he was shocked.
 
“Are you that hungry?” He asked me.
 
“De.” 
 
“You want some of mine?” 
 
“Ani. I’m going to get fat if I keep on eating a lot.”
 
“You’re not fat.  Even if you were I would still love you.” He smiled at me.
 
“How sweet of you.” I which earned me a glare from him.
 
We finished eating and he paid the bill and we headed home.
 
“Do you want to take a cab home?” He asked me.
 
“Let’s just walk home. I want to spend time with you.” I smiled at him.
 
“Alright then. Let’s go my princess.” He said and held out his hand and I grabbed it and we started walking.
 
“I like this. We should do this more often.” I told him.
 
“We can if you want to. I don’t really mind.”
 
“Okay!” I smiled at him.
 
We finally arrived home and he made me go wash up first.  I was finally finished and found Donghae sitting on our bed.  He looked like he was in deep thoughts.  I wonder what happened now?
 
“Oppa. What’s wrong?” I asked him. He didn’t answer. He was in his own little world.  I waved my hand in front of his face and still no reply. “Oppa?”
 
“H-huh?” He finally replies.
 
“Are you okay? What are you thinking about?”
 
“It’s nothing.” He stood up and smiled at me and then headed towards the bathroom. “I’m going to get ready for bed now.”
 
Before he was about to enter the bathroom, I hugged him from the back tightly.  I felt him stiffen at first but then he turned calm.
 
“Oppa can’t you tell me what’s on your mind? I know something’s bothering you and I want you to tell me so I can share the burden with you.” I told him. “I want to be here for you.”
 
He let go of my hands and turned around and wiped my tears.  I didn’t even realize that I was crying.
 
“Don’t cry Haein. I just can’t believe that I forgot about you and hurt you. That’s what’s on my mind. I feel bad that I hurt you and that I broke my promise to you.” He told me.
 
“Idiot. How many times did I tell you that it’s okay?  I don’t care about that anymore Donghae.  You’re back now and that’s enough to erase everything that has happened.” I told him.
 
“I know but I can’t help but feel bad.” He sighed.
 
“If you keep on thinking about this I’m going to kick you out of the room.” I told him.
 
“You wouldn’t.” 
 
“Try me oppa.” I smiled at him.
 
“I give up. I’ll stop now. But I’m going to make it up to you.” He smiled at me before entering the bathroom.
 
You’re an idiot Donghae.  I went over to our bed and sat on it.  I started my belly.  If the accident didn’t happen then I would be on my fourth month.  I’m sorry baby that umma couldn’t protect you.
 
“Babe.” I heard Donghae calling me and looked up and saw him in front of me.
 
“It’s okay. Don’t do this to yourself okay? It’s not your fault.” He comforted me.
 
“I know. I was just thinking that’s all.” I smiled at him.
 
“Do you really want a baby that bad?” He asked me.
 
“De. I was really excited.” I told him sadly. 
 
“Well maybe we should make one right now.” He smirked at me.  Before I could even answer he crashed his lips on me and pushed me down on our bed.  You know what happens after that right?
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I woke and saw Haein lying on my bare chest.  I smiled at what happened last night.  She was complaining but in the end she enjoyed it as much as I did.  I kissed her on her forehead and brought her closer to my chest.  I missed this feeling.  It’s been a whole month since we were this close.  I heard my phone ringing but decided not to pick it up.  I just wanted to stay in bed with my Haein and forget the world.  After an hour, she still wasn’t awake so I decided to go to the living room.  It’s been a while since Haein and I went on a date.  I think I should plan something special for her.  What should I plan for her?  I took out my phone and decided to call Bom.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Hey Bom. Do you have a second?”
 
“De. What’s up?”
 
“I wanted to plan a special date for Haein.  Do you have any suggestions?  You’re her best friend so you know what she likes.” I told her.
 
“Aw how sweet! I know that Haein have always wanted to go to Lotte World.  She’s never been there before.  You should take her there. She would love you for that.” Bom told me.
 
“Really?! She’s never been to Lotte World?! Alright. Thanks a lot Bom.”
 
“No problem. Have fun and take care of Haein. Bye Donghae.”
 
Haein’s never been to Lotte World before?  I guess I can take her there since she’s never been there before.  I called Lotte World and booked two tickets.  Lee Haein, you’re going to love me for this.  I walked into our room and tried to wake her up.
 
“Haein. Wake up.” I shook her lightly.
 
“Five more minutes.” She mumbled.
 
“Baby wake up. I have a surprise for you. Wake up and go get ready. Hurry!” I told her.
 
“A surprise?” She sat up and started rubbing her eyes.
 
“Yes. Wake up and let’s go.” I smiled at her and pulled her up from bed.
 
“Carry me.” She pouted.
 
“You’re such a baby.” I laughed at her and carried her to the bathroom.
 
“Thank you oppa.” She kissed me on the cheek and I left the bathroom so she can get ready.
 
After we were done with getting ready, I drove to the destination.  I was holding onto Haein’s hand while driving.  I’m excited to see her reaction once she realizes that we’re going to Lotte World.
 
“Oppa where are we going?” She asked me.
 
“It’s a surprise. Just wait and see.” I smiled at her.
 
“Can’t you tell me?” She asked.
 
“Nopes. Just wait and see.”
 
“Please?” She asked me.
 
“You’re pouting huh?” I asked her.
 
“How’d you know?” 
 
“Because you’re Haein.” I told her.
 
“That doesn’t even make sense!” She laughed at me.
 
“Well you’re still not going to find out. So just wait and see.” I told her.
 
“You .” She said.
 
We finally arrived at Lotte World and parked my car in the parking lot.  I looked over at Haein and she seemed confused.
 
“Oppa. Where are we?” Why is she so cute?
 
“Read the sign.” I said and pointed to the Lotte World sign.
 
“Lotte World?! What are we doing here?” She asked me.
 
“We’re going to spend the whole day here.” I told her.
 
“Really?!” She asked me excitedly.
 
“De. Are you ready to have some fun?” I asked her.
 
“Yes! What are we waiting for?! Let’s go!!!” She said and got out of the car. “Oppa hurry up!!”
 
I just laughed at her. She was like a little kid getting a bunch of toys on Christmas Day.  She’s so cute. I got out of the car and she dragged me to the ticket booth.
 
“Babe we don’t need to buy tickets. I already reserved them so we just need to pick it up at the customer service.”
 
“Oh. Let’s go then!” She smiled at me and we headed towards customer service.  We picked up our tickets and headed towards the entrance.  We gave the worker our tickets and entered the park.
 
“Where do you want to go first?” I asked her.
 
“I don’t really care. Can we try everything today?” She asked me.
 
“Yeah. Let’s start with that ride then.” I pointed to a random ride and we walked over to the line.  I looked over at her and she was smiling really big. She turned and saw me looking at her.
 
“Thanks oppa. This means a lot to me. How’d you know?” She told me.
 
“I called Bom and she told me how you’ve never been here. I wanted to plan a special date for us.” I told her.
 
“I love you. Why are you so sweet?” 
 
“I’m only sweet to you.” I smiled at her and held her hand. 
 
The day was almost over.  We went on all the rides and watched all of the attractions.  I’ve never seen Haein this happy before.  Seeing her like this made me really happy too.  I’m glad that I can make her smile like this.  It was almost closing time and I can tell that Haein was sad.
 
“Baby. Whenever you want to go to Lotte World just tell me and we’ll go together okay?” I told her.
 
“Can we really oppa?” She asked me excitedly. 
 
“Yes.”
 
“Thank you oppa.” She said and hugged me tightly.
 
“No problem baby.” I hugged her back.
 
We were walking towards the exit when I see Haein eyeing a big hello kitty doll.  I could tell that she really wanted it. 
 
“Do you want it baby?” I asked her.
 
“Ani. I was just looking at it. Let’s go.” She smiled at me. I didn’t buy it though.
 
“Wait here.” I told her and ran to the stand and bought the doll for her. “Here.”
 
“Oppa. I said I didn’t want it. I was just looking at it. Go return it!” She told me.
 
“I know you want it Haein. Take it.” I smiled at her and handed her the doll.
 
“Thanks oppa.” She smiled at me and took the doll.
 
“Whenever I‘m not around you, you can always hug this doll and think of me.” I told her.
 
“De oppa. Thank you.” She smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Let’s go home now.” I told her and led her to the car.  
 
The drive home was quiet because I knew she was really tired. I looked over and saw that she was sleeping already.  We arrived home and I didn’t want to wake her so I carried her into the house and tucked her in our bed.  I walked to the bathroom and changed and got ready for bed.  I got in bed and pulled Haein in my chest and gave her a kiss on the forehead before knocking out.  Today was a perfect day and I hope Haein enjoyed it.  Haein… I’d do anything just to make you happy.