Chapter 5

Baby Don't Cry

 

Haein’s POV
 
A week has passed and everything’s still the same.  Auntie is still the same.  She still hits me whenever she gets mad at me for no reason.  Bommie is still trying to convince me to come live with her.  The only thing is that I don’t see the handsome guy and his friends anymore.  They never really showed up anymore.  But I suppose that’s a good thing.  Bommie and I didn’t have work today so we decided to hang out.  It’s been a while since I got to hang out with her like this.  The only time I hang out with her is at work.  All my free time goes to auntie so I never really had time to myself.  Bommie decided that we should go shopping.  We headed towards the mall and started walking around.  The mall really doesn’t interest me.  There’s more to life than just material things.  We passed by a cupcake store which sold supplies to make cupcakes.  It was so pretty!  I felt like I was in heaven.  Wanna know a secret? I love to bake.  I’ve always wanted to become a pastry chef but I know I can’t.
 
“Yah. Lee Haein. Do you want that cupcake kit? I’ll get it for you since your birthday’s almost coming up.  Don’t even think about saying no you don’t need it.  You’re one hell of a cook and you’re talented. I’m getting it for you whether you like it or not.” 
 
“I can’t accept it! I’d feel bad!” I pouted at her.
 
“Just say thank you and treat me out for dinner!” Bommie smiled at me.
 
“Okay! Thank you so much Bommie!” I pulled her into a hug.  
 
We went inside and Bommie purchased the kit for me.  I was walking around and I saw a lot of cupcakes around me! They all smelled so good and looked so tasty!!  I felt like a kid again!
 
“Yah. Do you like this store that much?! You’re practically drooling everywhere.” Bom teased me.  I just smiled and admired the view in front of me.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was at the mall with Sunye because she was mad at the fact that I forgot to show up at her place a week ago so she made me hang out with her for this whole week without complaining.  She was dragging me around everywhere making me buy her everything.  We were walking around and I was freaking tired.  I just wanted to go home and sleep. Sigh women and their shopping. I heard her talking about this brand new product but didn’t pay too much attention to her.  I looked over at this store and I see someone really familiar.  Is that Haein? That looks like her.  
 
I looked at the shop and saw that it was Cupcake Heaven.  The girl turned around and it is Haein!  I haven’t seen her since a week ago.  She was smiling like crazy… she looked like a kid in there.  She looked really pretty admiring the cupcakes around her.  I’m assuming that she loves cupcakes.  I didn’t realize that I was smiling.
 
“Oppa. Why are you smiling?” I heard Sunye asking me.
 
“Huh? I just thought of something. Let’s go.” I told Sunye.  If Sunye caught me looking at another girl she would kill her.
 
“Oppa. I’m hungry! Let’s go eat something.”
 
“Sure. What do you want to eat?”
 
“Let’s have pizza.”
 
“Arasso. Let’s go.” 
 
We found a pizza place in the mall and entered the store.  We were ordering what we wanted and I couldn’t help but think about Haein.  Why is she here? Did she see me?  I wonder how she’s doing?  Why am I even thinking of her? She’s no one to you…
 
Haein’s POV
 
After a good thirty minutes of shopping, Bommie and I were hungry so we decided to go eat. 
 
“Let’s go try that pizza place! I heard it’s really good!!” Bom exclaimed.
 
“Arasso. Let’s go. My treat!” I smiled at her.  I was happy that she got me the cupcake kit!
 
We entered the pizza place and the waiter seated us near the windows.  I was looking around the place and I spotted someone familiar.  Where have I seen this person before.  Then it hit me… it was that guy. Dongho? I think that’s his name.  He was with some girl and they were feeding each other and exchanging kisses.  I guess that’s his girlfriend.  They look cute together.
 
“What are you staring at?” I heard Bommie asking me.
 
“Nothing.” She didn’t believe me and stared in the direction that I was looking in.
 
“Oh it’s the ring leader of the jerk.  Why are you even staring at him?”
 
“I’m not. I just looked to see if it was him. It’s nothing. Let’s order and eat okay?’
 
After ordering our food, it came out really quick.  We started eating and talking about everything.  I’m having such a good time with Bommie.  I decided to go to the bathroom after eating.  After I was done with the bathroom, I went out the door and bumped into someone.  I looked up and saw someone.  It was him.
 
“I’m sorry Dongho-ssi.” I bowed my head at him.  He didn’t say anything and walked away.  Does he have to be such a jerk?!  He stopped and turned his face to look at me.
 
“It’s Donghae. Not Dongho.” He smirked at me and left.  God, why are they all like this?!
 
I walked back to the table and saw Donghae looking over at me.  He was still smirking and then he grabbed his girlfriend and started making out with her.  Why is he even showing me this?
 
“Bommie let’s go now. I’m tired. Let me go pay and we’ll leave.”
 
“Arasso.”
 
After paying, we left the mall.  Bommie asked me if I wanted to sleep over but I told her I can’t… my aunt would get mad at me if I did.  We said goodbyes and went our separate ways.  I went to bed that night thinking about Donghae.  Who is he really?