Chapter 47

Baby Don't Cry

Eunhyuk’s POV

Donghae and Haein already left because Haein was tired so they couldn’t send us off to the aiport.  I can’t believe I’m married.  I can’t believe that Park Bom is finally mine.  We were in the car driving to the airport. I couldn’t help but smile.  I feel so happy!

“What are we smiling about here Mr. Lee?” I heard my lovely wife asking me.

“Nothing Mrs. Lee. I’m just happy that we’re finally married.” I told her.

“Mrs. Lee!? Yah who says I want to be Mrs. Lee?” She said.

“You officially became Mrs. Lee when you said I do.” I told her.

“Whatever.” She smiled at me and her phone was ringing. “It’s Haein.”

“Hello? WHAT?! HOW ARE THEY?! WHICH HOSPITAL?! ALRIGHT WE’LL BE THERE.” Bom shouted.

“Baby what’s wrong?” I asked her.   “T-they got into a really bad car accident. They’re at the hospital right now.” Bom started crying.

Once I heard that my best friend and his wife were in the hospital, I turned the car around and sped towards the hospital.  Hae and Haein, please be okay…

We finally arrived at the hospital and rushed to the counter to ask where they were.  They told us that both of them were still in the surgery room.  I decided to call the gang and they all headed towards the hospital.

“Oppa! Unnie! How are they?!” Minji rushed over to us.  Taemin, Minho, Yunho, Ri In, Seulgi, and Siwon were behind her.   “I-I don’t know. They’re still in surgery right now.” I told them.  I looked over and Bom was crying. I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

“I hope nothing happens to them.  They have to be okay.” Bom cried in my chest.

“Nothing’s going to happen to them baby. I promise. Don’t cry anymore.” I tried calming her down.

Taemin was comforting Minji while Yunho was comforting his girlfriend and Siwon was comforting Ri In.  After two hours, the doctors came out. We all rushed to the doctor.

“Doctor how are they?!” Taemin asked him.   “They’re both fine. They’re stable now but I don‘t know how to say this. I’m sorry but the female patient lost her baby.  We tried our best to save the both of them but we only could save the patient.  She was bleeding way too much. I’m really sorry.” The doctor told us and left.

  “Unnie lost her baby?!” Minji cried in Taemin’s arm.

  “T-this can’t be happening.” Bom cried in my arms.   How in the world can this happen?  This was suppose to be the happiest day of my life… it turned into one of the worst.  

Bom’s POV

It’s been a few days since the accident.  They both weren’t awake yet.  Everyone was devastated when we heard the news about Haein’s baby.  I feel so bad for Haein… she was so happy and now something like this happens.  I was in Haein’s room taking care of her. Haein… please wake up. Don’t leave me. You’re my best friend so you can’t leave me. You promised that you’ll always be here with me.

“H-haein. Please wake up.” I cried. “Everyone’s a mess right now. You need to wake up. You and Donghae have to fight this battle and come back to us. You promised to never leave me. We’re best friends for life woman. Please wake up Haein.”

“D-don’t cry anymore.” I heard Haein saying weakly. 

“You’re awake! Stay here. I’m going to go get the doctor!” I told her and ran off to get the doctor.    The doctor did a few check up and told us that Haein was fine.  Thank you God for giving us Haein back.  Please do the same with Donghae.  The girls and I arrived in the room and saw Haein looking at us.

  “W-what’d the doctor say?” she asked us weakly.

  “He said that you’ll be fine.” I smiled at her.

  “Welcome back unnie.” Minji told her.

  “You’re not allowed to ever do that again!” Ri In said.

  “I’m glad you’re back.” Seulgi cried.

  “I can never leave you guys. How’s the baby? How come my tummy feels so empty?” She asked us which caused all of us to look at each other. “Is the baby okay?”

How do I tell her this? I’m sorry Haein.

“I’m sorry Haein but the baby didn’t survive.” I told her.

“Y-you guys are lying right?  This isn‘t a funny joke.” She told us.

“I’m sorry unnie but we‘re not joking.” Minji replied sadly.

“I-it can’t be.” She started crying. We walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

“We’re sorry Haein.” I tried calming her down.

“How’s Donghae oppa then?” She asked weakly.

“He’s still in a coma.” I told her which caused her to cry even more.

“Unnie please don’t cry. Everything will be better.” Minji tried calming her down.

“Haein ah. You just woke up don’t stress yourself out anymore.” Ri In pleaded with her.

After a few minutes of crying, Haein finally calmed down and she fell asleep.  Poor Haein. I decided to walk over to Haein’s room and tell Hyukjae oppa.  Hyukjae oppa was happy about the news but Donghae was still in a coma.  Please wake up soon Donghae.  Haein really needs you right now.

Haein’s POV

  I can’t believe I lost the baby.  We lost the baby.  I don’t know why something like this has to happen.  Why is fate being cruel to me?  Why is it being cruel to Donghae and I?  I’m sorry baby that umma couldn’t protect you.  I promised to protect you from all harm and I broke that promise.  I’m sorry that you won’t be able to see this world.  It’s all my fault. I’m a bad person.  Forgive me.  There was still no news of Donghae waking up yet.  Donghae please wake up. You can’t leave me. You promised to stay by my side.  I need you. Please wake up.  I cried myself to sleep that night.  I woke up the next morning when I felt someone waking me up.  It was the nurse.

“Hi Haein. I’m Kim Minhee and I’ve been your nurse for these past few days.  I just need to do some check up and you can go back to bed.” She told me.

“De Minhee-ssi.” I told her.

  “Just call me unnie.” She smiled at me and helped me sit up.

“Thanks unnie.” I smiled weakly at her.

“What are you going to do?”

“I need to do a quick check up on you.” She said and took my pulse.     She then took my temperature and did other procedures on me. Once she was done she turned to me and smiled.

  “Is everything fine?” I asked her.

“De. Everything’s normal with you. You’ll be fine Haein.”

“Unnie. How’s my husband?” I asked her.

“He’s still the same.” She told me sadly. “I’m sorry for your loss too.”

“It’s okay unnie. Unnie is there any way for him to wake up soon?” I asked her.

“I’m afraid not. We just need to pray for him.” She told me. “It’ll be okay. He’ll wake up soon. I’m going to put an IV in you. You’re still kind of weak.” She told me.

“De.” I replied weakly and she plugged the needle in my arm.

“If you need anything just push that button and I’ll be here in a minute.” She told me and left the room.

 I decided to just go back to sleep.   A few hours later, I woke up since I heard knocking on my door.  Bommie, Eunhyuk oppa, Minji, and Taemin walked in.

“Did we wake you?” Bommie asked us.

“You did but I was going to wake up soon. I took a long nap already so don’t worry.” I told her.

“How are you feeling unnie?” Minji asked me.

“I’m feeling better. I’m just a little tired.” I told her weakly.

“Did you eat yet noona?” Taemin asked me.

  “No. I just took a nap.” I told him.

“Haein. You need to eat.” Eunhyuk oppa told me.

“Haein don’t do this to yourself. You need to eat. Eat for all of us okay?” Bommie pleaded with me.

“Don’t worry. I have the IV on me.” I told them.

“But you still need to eat. Hae wouldn’t want this. Eat for him.” Oppa told me.

  “How can I have the appetite when my husband is still in a coma and when I just lost my baby?” I started crying.

“Haein please don’t do this to yourself. Donghae wouldn’t want to see you like this.” Bommie said and walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

“Unnie please take care of yourself.” Minji said.

“Noona you have to eat so you can be strong for hyung.” Taemin added.

“Please Haein. Eat and take care of yourself. Donghae will wake up soon.” Bommie told me and all I did was cry.

  After crying for twenty minutes, I finally calmed down.  The guys were right…  I should take care of myself.  Donghae wouldn’t want this.  I decided to eat and they were all happy for me.  They stayed with me for a few hours.  It was getting late and visiting hours would end soon so they left.  I was left alone again.  I hate being alone.  I rang the button and unnie came in.

“Did you need something Haein?” Minhee unnie asked me.

“Unnie is there any way I can see my husband?”

  “It’s late. I’m sorry Haein.” She told me.

“I see. Thanks unnie.” I replied sadly and I heard her sighing.

“Don’t let anyone know that I did this okay?” She told me.

“Really?” I smiled.

  “Yes. Let’s go. Wait here I’m going to get you a wheelchair.” She said and went outside.     A few minutes she came back with a wheelchair and helped me get into it.  She rolled me into Donghae’s room.  She pushed me towards his bed.

“Only ten minutes okay?” She told me.

“De. Thanks a lot unnie.” I told her and she walked out of the room.  

I took his hands and kiss them.  I wanted to cry at the sight in front of me.  Please open your eyes oppa.  I need you here with me.  I need you by my side. Please open your eyes.  You can’t leave me.  Didn’t I tell you already that I can’t live without you?  You’re the reason for my happiness. Please come back to me.  Fight this battle. Be strong oppa.   Unnie entered the room and she took me back to my room.

“Thanks unnie.” I told her.

“No problem. Now you should just worry about taking care of your own health.” She told me.

“De. Thanks unnie and good night.” I smiled weakly at her.

It’s been two weeks since the accident.  I was finally discharged from the hospital.  I’m slowly getting over the death of our baby. Everyone has been supporting me.  They’ve been helping me cope with everything that’s happening. The guys did make a point… I’m lucky that I’m still alive and that Donghae’s still alive too.  We can always make another baby.  Donghae’s still in a coma. I was currently in the hospital room with Donghae.  I was on my daily visit. I was sitting on the bedside while holding onto his hand.

“Oppa please wake up. I need you here with you. You promised that you’ll never leave me.  Please don’t ever leave me. I love you oppa. Wake up already.” I cried. “We lost our baby already. I can’t afford to lose you too. Please come back to me oppa.”

  I felt his hand move and gasped.  I looked at him and saw his eyes open.

“Oppa! You’re awake! Stay here. I’m going to call the doctor!” I told him and rushed to get a doctor.   We were all waiting outside waiting for the doctor to examine him.  After a few minutes, the doctor came outside.

“How’s my husband doctor?” I asked him.

  “Everything seems fine. I think he’ll be okay.” he smiled at us.

“Thank you doctor.” I smiled at him and bowed at him. I entered the room and walked over to Donghae and held his hands.

“Welcome back oppa.”

“W-who are you?” He asked me weakly which caused me to let go of his hand.

“Are you playing some joke on me oppa?” I asked him.

“Eunhyuk ah. Who’s this?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk oppa.

Hae. You don’t remember Haein?” He asked Donghae.

“Who’s Haein?” Donghae asked.

“Haein’s your wife Donghae.” Eunhyuk oppa told him.

“That’s impossible. I can’t be married. I’m with Sunye.” Donghae told Eunhyuk. I felt my heart breaking.

“What are you talking about Hae? You and Sunye broke up years ago. You’re with Haein now. You guys are married.” Eunhyuk oppa tried explaining to him.

“Years ago?” Donghae asked.

“De. We’re 25 now.” Eunhyuk oppa told him.

“REALLY?!” Donghae shouted.

  “A lot has happened in that time span Hae.  We all quit the gang life and you’re helping out at your dad’s company now.  You’re married to Haein and you love her. You don’t even remember her at all?”

“I-I don’t.” He answered.

  “How can you not remember her? She’s the love of your life!” Eunhyuk oppa raised his voice a little bit.

“Oppa. Stop it. It’s not his fault. Just let him be.” I told Eunhyuk oppa.

“Alright. Hae just know that you love her more than you love anyone in this world.  She’s the reason for your happiness now.” He told Donghae one last time before heading outside to give us some time alone.  

You’re Haein?” I heard him asking me.

“D-de. I’m Haein.” I replied.

Donghae’s POV

  I can’t believe I’m twenty five years old now!  I can’t believe I’m married!  And to a girl name Haein.  She was really pretty though.  Is Eunhyuk telling the truth?  Am I really married to this girl?  She’s so much prettier than Sunye for sure.  I don’t know why but my heart starts beating fast whenever I look at her.  Is this a sign that I really do love her?  Is Eunhyuk really telling the truth?

“You’re Haein?” I asked her.

  “D-de. I’m Haein.” She replied. Her voice was soft and gentle. 

  “You’re really my wife?” I asked her.

“D-de.” She replied. Is that all she can say?

“Why don’t you sit down?” I asked her.

“De.” She said and sat down next to me.

“So how did we meet?” I asked her.  I wanted to know everything to see if I can remember her.

“It’s a long story though.” She replied.

“I have all night.” I told her and she just nodded her head.

“You actually saved me many times before we got acquainted with each other.  You see, I had an abusive aunt and you saved me from her many times.  You ended up paying her a large amount of money for my freedom.  You even told her that we were married and took me to live with you guys.  We didn’t get along at first because you were cold to me and acted like you hated me with a  passion.  Then my aunt found out how we lied about our marriage and took me back.  You came to save me again and told my aunt that you plan on marrying me.  So we ended up marrying for real but you told me that you couldn’t leave Sunye and still stayed with Sunye.  We didn’t even talk or anything and I decided to leave for good one day.  Out of nowhere you confessed your feelings for me but I didn’t want to be with you.  An accident happened to you and it made me realize that I had feelings for you too.  We got back together and we were happy until your first love Jieun came back.  You got back together with her and we divorced and I left to Paris for two years.  I finally came back two years later and I started working at Kyuhyun’s shop. And we were catering for your wedding with Jieun.  You decide to tell me one day that you don’t really love Jieun.  Jieun threatened to hurt me that’s why you chose her over me.  We got back together and Jieun tried to kill me but you saved me and got shot.  We got married and been happy up until now.  I was even pregnant with our baby but the accident killed the baby.” She told me. 

  She bit her lips to prevent herself from crying.  There were tears in her eyes.  I can’t believe it.  That’s our story.  That’s what really happen to us?  I took my hand and wiped the tears from her eyes.  I don’t know why but I actually believe her.  

  “Don’t cry. I believe you. I’m sorry that I don’t remember but I’ll try and remember you Haein. I’ll try and remember all our memories.” I told her. “Don’t cry anymore.”

“O-okay.” she said and wiped her tears. “If you need anything I’ll be here for you.”

“Thanks. I’m tired and I just want to sleep.” I told her and she just nodded her head.

I can’t believe I’m married. I can’t believe that’s our love story.  I’ll try and remember you Haein.  I won’t let you suffer anymore.  I promise you that I’ll remember you again.