Chapter 9

Wrong Star, Right Prize

 

Mina and Sehun walked back to the room and were greeted with the cheers of yay Minhun couple is finally back and yay food and someone even start to sing “food glorious food” from Oliver Twist. Mina and Sehun took out the food and pass it around.

 

"Here Suho ssi your food and this is yours Chen Ssi~~" Mina said.

 

While they are eating, Luhan suddenly asked, "Mina ssi, i am really curious about something?? How old are you??"

 

"Errmmm i am 19 this year."

 

"Then shouldn't you call us oppa?? We are all older than you even the maknae too."

 

Mina almost choked on her food when she heard that. "But i am not used to calling guys oppa."

 

"How about you try it now?? Say it say it!! We want to hear it!! Try Sehun oppa!!" Chanyeol said.

 

Mina started to blush and she looked shyly at Sehun and said, "Sehun op..pa." and after that she blush a deeper shade of red and looked away.

 

And suddenly the whole room is erupted with words of awww, Mina ssi is so cute, omg you should totally say oppa more often, you are so cute when you are blushing our dongsaengie and they were laughing at the sight of Mina.

 

Just when they are laughing, Xiumin suddenly turn and saw Sehun who was looking at Mina and he is blushing slightly.

 

"Oh everyone look at Sehun!! He is blushing!!" Xiumin shouted.

 

Suddenly everyone turned and face Sehun and he noticed and blush an even deeper shade of red.

 

Everyone started to disturb Sehun. "Awww our maknae likes to be called oppa."

 

"Our maknae is so cute when blushing." And they started laughing at Sehun.

 

"Aish this blur lady. Why does she have to look at me with such innocent eyes of hers and the way she say it so shyly, makes her so cute and i cannot help it but to blush when the words left her lips. Urghh she is so cute and omg why am i thinking that she is cute aishhh what is wrong with me??" Sehun thought to himself.

 

"y..a... yaaa. You guys should finish your food fast and get back to work. I am going to the restroom." With that Mina quickly escaped the room.

 

Once outside, Mina went into a mental breakdown. "Omg!! That was so so urghhh i cannot even put it in words. Why did they even ask me to say this kind of things?? It just feels so weird and makes people so shy urghhhh. I don't even think i can face them anymore. Aishh i think i will go to the restroom and hide for a while."

 

When Mina got back to the studio, she let out a sigh of relief as they have went back to their work and the day pass smoothly with some of them occasionally asking her questions about composing and as they are racing against time to finish their composing work, everyone became really quiet and kept on focusing on their work instead of talking.

 

"Okay!! Time's up!! Presentation time!!" Mina announced.

 

"Urghh!! I just left a bit more... that is so difficult." Baekhyun whined.

 

"Huh?? You didn't finish?? I manage to finish it on time." Chanyeol said.

 

"I also completed too." Lay said.

 

"Me too hehehehehe~~" Xiumin said.

 

"Ayeee... how can you all finish on time??" Baekhyun said.

 

"Actually this is really simple Baekhyun ss.. i mean oppa cause later on i will make sure that in this 4 hours, you will be able to compose a full song out because that is what happen to me when i am in school. Even though we might be given a week to compose but we always leave it to the last few days because we know we can complete it in a day so long as we have the idea and the rest are just about brushing up." Mina said.

 

"Wow that seems really tough." Chen said in amazement.

 

"Ya at first it was really tough when you are not used to it but then when you get use to it, it becomes nothing and you just spend your time composing your life away."

 

"It seems like our dongsaengie has been through a lot." Luhan said.

 

"Ya... hahahaha but it has been fun since i am doing something i really love. Okay Baekhyun ss... aish i mean oppa it is okay you didn't finish this time but make sure you finish it the next time and no worries i will make sure to train you until you do. Okay presentation!!"

 

With that they started presentation and they were a bit scared and nervous having to present their music in front of everyone else.

 

"Oh come on guys i know you guys are shy and nervous about showing your work but then take it as a confidence boost session and you have to be confident about the work you have created. I also have to do this during my learning and i hated it but i still have to go through in order to have confidence about my work. Come on, if not i am going to randomly pick people to go up and present."

 

"Fine i will go first." Suho said and brought his work to the front.

 

"That's the spirit!!" Mina said.

 

"This is what the leader needs to do at times like this and after that Kris can go as he is the leader too."

 

"Huh??!! Do i really have to go even though I am the leader??" Kris said.

 

"YA!!!" Suho shouted while trying to hit Kris.

 

"Fine fine i will go so get on and let's not waste anymore time."

 

With everyone presenting their works one by one, Mina sat there and gave them some suggestions that they can work on to improve it further if they want to use it and also more composing tips for them.

 

"Okay!! I think you guys did a really good job today and since our next lesson will be a while later so i hope you can continue to compose and if you have any problems or want me to listen to it, you can send it to me and i will give you tips~~ if nothing else we can go ho ho ho!!" Mina said and started to pack her stuff and looked up when she feel someone is standing next to her and that is Sehun. She immediately knew what was happening and so she just continued to pack her stuff and when done, they walk out of the room together.

 

But just when they have stepped out of the room, they saw Tae In, standing outside waiting for them.

 

"Ayeee Tae In ssi why are you here??" Mina asked.

 

"Oh hi Mina ssi and Sehun oppa!! I am just here waiting for you Mina ssi because i got something to ask you so if you don't mind can you follow me??"

 

"Errmmm but..." Mina said while looking up at Sehun.

 

Sehun noticed that Mina is looking at him, with eyes of worry. "It's okay, Mina. You can go along with her. I will explain to the hyungs."

 

"Then if that's the case then i will be taking Mina ssi with me. Sorry Sehun oppa!!" And with that Tae In starts to drag Mina away. Mina turn her head and saw that Sehun is still standing there at the doorway looking at them and so she gave him a bow and a slight apologetic smile, before turning her head back to face the front.

 

Sehun went back into the studio alone, looking kind of disappointed.

 

"Ayeee why are you back so fast today?? Most of the time it will take you a while more before you come back." Kris asked.

 

"Oh yeahh she got kidnapped and dragged away the moment we stepped outside."

 

"WHAT SHE GOT KIDNAPPED??!!" Kris shouted and everyone else look towards them in shock.

 

"Aishh hyung, i didn't mean kidnapped, i just exaggerate that a bit. I mean she got dragged away by this lady that works at the cafeteria so i have to come back."

 

"I see but why do you look so sad?? Is it because you cannot send Mina to the door??" Chanyeol teased.

 

"Ahhh hyung noooo!! Are we leaving soon?? I am tired."

 

"Yup we are leaving now. Let's go." Suho said and everyone left.

 

While on the journey home, Sehun cannot help but think why he would feel so sad and disappointed when he saw Mina walking away from him and him not having the chance to walk beside her and send her to the door. He just feel so sad and he doesn't even know why. "Aish what is wrong with me. I should stop thinking about this." With that he closed his eyes and try to clear his mind of this thought.

 

After being dragged away by Tae In, Mina can’t help but feel a little bit sad and was slightly pouting about it. Tae In saw everything and was slightly displeased about it. The reason as to why she appear there was because she wants to get close and be friends with Mina to see how close is she to EXO and of course to Sehun. But she can tell that for now, they have nothing in between them. Just a very simple relationship as someone guiding them in composing and maybe just a friend but definitely not girlfriend.

 

"So how old are you Mina ssi??"

 

The question shocked Mina a bit but she still answered. "I am 19 this year."

 

"Oh really??!! Then you are my eonni then because i am only 18 this year. I can call you eonni right??"

 

"Ermm.. ya sure..." Mina answered. Actually Tae In’s enthusiasm is kind of scaring her as although it is nice to see people being friendly to her but then her enthusiasm doesn't make her feel good or warm at all, not like the ones that she feels from EXO and her besties so it feels like there is a distance between them and she just nod along to what she says. Especially the questions that she is asking her now, it is making her even more scared.

 

"Mina eonni!! Did you hear what i just say??"

 

"Huh??!! I am sorry i am a bit tired so i didn't hear what you had just said so can you repeat it sorry."

 

"Aiyooo eonni how could you do this. I was just asking you if you think Sehun oppa is really handsome?? Like his face and the aura he gives off. Damn he just scream handsome helps."

 

"Ya he sure is handsome ah..haha." Mina ended off with an awkward laugh.

 

"Eonni, did you know that EXO is my most favourite idols and my bias is Sehun?? I really love him so much that i cannot describe it. I believe he only belongs to me and no one can ever snatch him from me." When the last sentence came out from Tae In's lips, she hoped that Mina got the idea that she meant business and Sehun is hers and even she cannot snatch him so she should know her place and stay away from him.

 

Even though Mina might be blur but she can understand this very clearly, Tae In wants her to stay away from Sehun. It is not like it is very difficult since they are just like friends and at the same time not really friends but more of a work relationship, like colleagues but she know that they are definitely not lovers. But she did not answer because answering will mean she is agreeing to what she says, which Mina do not think so, even if she is not the one who will end up with Sehun, but that kind of thinking is really selfish because Sehun is not hers and it is not like they are a couple or something so she doesn't like it.

 

They didn't say anything much until they were at the door where they have to separate. "Bye Tae In ssi."

 

"Take care eonni!!" Tae In bowed and bounced off happily, feeling like a burden has been lifted off her shoulder after having said what has been in her heart after she heard that Mina is working with EXO. She is really scared that she will develop feelings with one of the EXO members and especially Sehun so she cannot let that happen and as mean as she can be, she had no choice to say that out. But this is just the beginning, she is going to keep a close eye on Mina just to make sure she doesn't do anything.

 

Mina watched as Tae In disappeared into the crowd, she can’t help but think to herself. "Things are going to get complicated." She sigh and slowly making her way home, trying to clear her thoughts.

 

For the next few lessons, Tae In didn't fail to appear around Mina and drag her away to chat about things that half of the time Mina is not listening to as Tae In is just blabbering on and on about everything and so Mina just nods along to it. Tae In can't help but think that she is winning this, like she has manage to get onto the good side of Mina, like she has become one of her close friends but then what she didn't know is that, that is what she assumed, because if you are ever a good friend to Mina, she will never ignore you like that when you are talking. Mina can also feel that Tae In thinks of her as a close friend but she never say anything, more of just let her be because she is too lazy to do anything about it, but she cannot help but feel kind of sad that she is being separated from Sehun and because of class and all that, they haven't get a chance to talk.

 

"Haiz what is this that i am feeling??"

 

At the same time, Sehun also cannot take this anymore. He is feeling kind of sad and grouchy at the same time for not being able to talk to Mina and also he cannot just strike a conversation with her with all the hyungs around and he doesn't know what to topic to talk about even if he went up to strike a conversation with her, although he does have a few composing questions he want to ask, but they are not really important questions. "Aishh. What is this feeling urghhh i hate it!!"

 

Lately, Mina's besties have been suspecting something is wrong because everytime they ask her out to eat, she will say she is busy and cannot make it, and also she will quickly disappear after school on very specific days, not like a part timer that works in a cafe as her timing is too fixed it is weird and she also doesn't allow them to go to her cafe for a visit no matter how many times they ask and she will come up with really weird reasons that are soon not making any more sense. Recently she also came back mumbling a lot on composing stuff and about other people and even though they knew that she loves composing, she won't start mumbling about it so often and most of the time none at all, not that they know of, because they knew that after her father disapprove of her doing composing, she doesn't mention it as much anymore and she doesn’t even do composing that often anymore. It is as if she has lock up her passion and bury it deep in her heart in order to protect everyone so that nobody will be hurt in the process but once in awhile, she will still compose a song or two but it has never been shown to others, not even them. Yet lately, she has been talking about composing makes them even more suspicious, maybe she really is hiding something and they were all looking for a right timing to confront her but it has been no good until this one day…

 


ho ho ho~~ finally the story is developing hahahaha~~ Next chapter will be fun and I personally enjoy writing the next chapter very much because I like how it is going to progress hehehehe so please look forward to it~~ First week of school has been really tough for me, for someone who hasn't been studying for 8 months straight it was pretty tough and tiring even though so far i only have 2 days of class but then I still have projects to settle sighh... so sad... If only i can turn back time and go back to the holidays sighh... oh well I should stop complaining everytime I do an update hahaha and I should probably go back to my notes even though I just feel  like sleeping my day off but then i can't~~ To everyone that is studying like me or working please work hard and we can do it!! Thank you guys for all your support and I hope you enjoy this update~~ till the next!! cheerios!! :)))