Chapter 61

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Where is it?? The receptionist told me they will be around here…” Daddy Dong wondered around looking at the piece of paper that the receptionist have written down for him. Just when he is about to look for someone and ask where the room is, he found it. He reach out and was just about to knock on the door to go in but then he noticed that the door was slightly ajar and so he retrieve the hand that was about to knock and instead peep in.

 

Inside the room, Mina and Sehun is busy composing and discussing over some details of the song. Their hands intertwined together as they work. Sometimes they would start to disagree on something and seems like it would soon lead to a fight but then Sehun will suddenly say something funny and turn the whole situation around, making Mina laugh and then after that they would both continue their conversations beforehand, but this time more calm and stating their reasons for saying what they said, before coming to a compromise. Randomly he will start showering Mina with affection, making Mina smile in glee and letting her feel the love.

 

Suddenly Mina laid her head on the table, looking up at Sehun and sigh saying, “Thank you.”

 

Sehun turned towards Mina with a face of surprise, saying, “What is with the sudden thank you??”

 

“For always making me laugh especially when it seems like we are going to quarrel soon and how we always manage to come to a compromise. I think we are really doing really well, because this are things that all  other couples want to achieve but can’t.” Mina said shyly while looking at their intertwined hands.

 

“Well I guess when I am around you, I just couldn’t bring myself to quarrel with you. I don’t want to see you upset over something that can be settled calmly. There is just no point getting upset over something as simple as this.”

 

“That is why thank you. Thank you for always being so considerate towards me.”

 

“This is the least I can do for you.” Mina blush at that and hid her face shyly behind her hand and also their intertwined hands while Sehun can only smile at the cute her for a while before returning back to  his work.

 

After a while, she become serious, lying back on the table and said, “I am sure this song is going to be a hit. I mean you put in so much effort in it and I think it is good. Plus based on your last composed songs, they all did pretty well on the charts too so I don’t think you have to worry about it. If nobody were to support it, I am going to give them a piece of my mind.”

 

Daddy Dong who is still outside at the moment heard that and his brows furrow in thought. “Huh?? Since when did that kid also compose. Why I did not know about it and it seems to be doing really well on the charts too?? Maybe I should send someone to check it out and see how capable he is, other than just being an idol.”

 

“Thank you for the confidence boost Mina. I really needed it. I know i can always count on you for that. But then are you really going to give people a piece of their mind if they were to not support my song??”

 

“Ermmm…” That question stun Mina for a while a she goes deep in thought and Sehun just laugh at the sight of her at a loss what to say.

 

“So you were just kidding around when you say you are going to give them a piece of your mind?? I am hurt.”

 

“Ya!! How can you say that about me??!! I really mean what I said okay!! I would really give them a piece of my mind. It seems like you really don’t know me well i am sad…” Mina pouts.

 

“I am just joking. I know you will really do that if there is a need and don’t say that I don’t know you well because I know you really well especially when I know when I do this, your heart will start to beat very fast…” Sehun said slowly while leaning in and right on queue, MIna’s heart starts to beat really fast. No matter how hard she tried to control her heart but it is to no avail. She knows he knows her very well and what she said just now, it is to disturb him.

 

She smiles and said, “I know you know me very well so stop it and get back to your work…”

 

Sehun cheekily smile and said, “No… I have not gotten what I want yet and you need a punishment for always being so bad to me.” He smiles once again and touch his forehead with hers, their nose brushing against each other, making Mina giggle but after a while, she smiled and using her index finger, she push Sehun’s head away from hers and using her hand, turn his head back towards the computer screen.

 

“No more lovey dovey time for you and get back to work.”

 

“Yes teacher.” Sehun pouts and start working, making MIna laugh and just then she point out a part where there is a problem and Sehun immediately go all focus to trying to solve it, making Mina laugh at how fast he change his attitude.

 

Seeing them having a lot of fun together just make Daddy Dong break out into a smile without control. He decided that he shall not be a spoil sport and enter the room to make the whole room atmosphere awkward and tense. Therefore he decided to leave instead. He gave the loving them one last look before turning away and leaving the company.

 

“How have you been sir??” his secretary bow when he have been summoned to see Daddy Dong.

 

“I am so sorry though. It is suppose to be your break but then I have to call upon you to help me do stuff. I will make sure to make it up to you.” Daddy Dong apologises as he had wanted to spend some alone time with his daughter and taking this as a vacation from work so from the moment he steps into Korea, he had dismissed his secretary, asking him to go on for a paid break and enjoy his time in Korea, all the way until he is bound to fly off from Korea. But then he had break his promise and had cut short his break a little to ask him to do a little background check on Sehun.

 

“It is okay sir. I am fine. I have already enjoyed myself tremendously throughout this few days and was getting a little bit restless too so I am glad I am able to get to work or something.”

 

“I see. That is good to hear but as for your break, I will still make it up to you no matter what and that is final. Anyway what have you got for me??”

 

“Oh yes. As ask of you, I have run checks on Mr Oh Sehun and true enough he did compose a few songs and they all did pretty well on the charts and that earn him quite a good reputation and everyone is looking forward to seeing what he has in store for the industry. Music critics think he has the potential in composing and hopes that he will continue to develop on his talent of his.”

 

“I see that is interesting. Any idea why he started composing??”

 

“Well apparently he started composing because of your daughter.”

 

“My daughter??”

 

“Yup because there is this time where your daughter was being hurt really bad by Mr Oh so she left him to go study abroad in America and he misses her a lot and that is when he starts to compose because every time he composes, it reminds him of your daughter and it feels as if a part of her is still right by his side and that makes his life more bearable and also at the same time through the songs he composed, convey the message that he is sorry, that he still loves her and he wish that she can come back to his side after hearing the songs.”

 

“I see. Thank you so much for your help. This is all the information i need. You have work hard. You may leave now and enjoy the rest of your vacation. Hopefully i won’t have to call upon you to help me check on things again.” Daddy Dong said with a laugh.

 

“It is nothing. It is part and parcel of my job but then if you don’t mind me asking. I just want to ask a question.”

 

“What is it??”

 

“Why are you suddenly so interested in Mr Oh Sehun and want to do a background check on him??”

 

“Well apparently he is the guy that my daughter likes so as a father even though I want my daughter to be happy and just give in to what my daughter wants but then a part of me also wish that the guy that is dating my daughter will be somebody that is worthy for her,  able to support her for life, making sure that she won’t have to worry about shelter, whether they have money to put food on the table or not and things like that so I have to know. So if by any case he is really not worthy then I can stop her in time before she gets hurt. I mean all parents are like that and I just want to protect her...”

 

“If that is the case, would you approve Miss Mina on her relationship with Mr Oh?? Have you come to a decision??”

 

Daddy Dong suddenly smiled and said, “Yes… I have come to a decision.”

 

“I wonder why your dad had summon us the both of us to meet him?? I am a bit nervous at the fact that I have no idea what is going to happen to us or what is he going to do or say. You really have no idea why your dad wants to meet the both of us??” Sehun asked.

 

“He only convey to me that he wants to see the both of us and did not state the reason why. I did ask him but all he did say was that we will know when the both of us are present in front of him.” Mina replied.

 

“I hope everything will go smoothly today. Hopefully he will finally agree to us being together.”

 

“Ya… that is something that I am hoping will happen too. Fingers crossed.” Mina smiled as she look up at Sehun. Sehun smile reassuringly back at her and at the same time, taking a hold of Mina’s hand and patting it gently and reassuringly, to calm her down and saying that everything will be fine.

 

They reached the door and the both of them take in a deep breath before Sehun says, “Here goes nothing.” and reach out to dress the doorbell.

 

Daddy Dong opened the door and seeing it is them, he smiled and welcome them in. They all took a seat on the sofa. Seeing how tense they are, Daddy Dong let out a laugh and said, “Don’t be so tense. Just relax. I just got some questions I want to ask Sehun. So anyway, is it true that you compose music?? What do you think of composing music and what are your plans for the future if one day you decided that you are not going to be an idol anymore??”

 

“It is true that I compose and I pretty love composing because I like how I can put my feelings into the song and convey through it especially when there is no place for me to vent out my emotions. Composing is fun and interesting and I hope I can continue to do it for a long time to come and gain recognition for it. If there is a chance where I would ever stop being an idol, I hope I can continue to compose and maybe be a producer or a trainer and help train and produce songs for future artists and even if I still am an idol, I hope I can work toward this goal too.”

 

“It seems like you have thought really hard about your future and set some goals for yourself too. I like that. It is a good thing to have so that you can continue to grow. But I heard that you are pretty good in composing and all your songs did pretty well in the charts.”

 

“Ah thank you but I still have a very long way to go and I still have a lot to learn, in order to be better than Mina.” Sehun said teasing while looking at Mina, earning a glare from her and he laugh at that.

 

“That is good. It is good to see you so hardworking. Well the questions that I want to ask have already been answered and I would say I am very impress and I have made up my mind and that is Sehun, please help me to take care of my daughter. She is now in your hands.”

 

“Wait dad… what does that mean??”

 

“Uncle. Do you mean that you are going to approve of the relationship that Mina and I have??”

 

“Yes I hereby give the both of you my blessing and I hope the both of you will continue to love each other for a very long time to come.” Daddy Dong smiled.

 

Sehun and MIna was left in shock at the sudden announcement. They had never expect something like that to happen and they were just left speechless. They thought her dad will be more persistent on the thought of not approving them but they didn’t know he would give in so easily.

 

“But… why how… why did you suddenly come to this conclusion??” Sehun asked in disbelief.

 

Daddy Dong smiled gently, reaching out to take both his daughter and Sehun’s hand in his, gently patting their hands and said, “Because of you Sehun. Your actions for this past few days have touch me greatly. Seeing you go out of your way just to impress me and trying to get along well with me even though I am a pretty hard person to get along with just impresses me a lot especially when I am going out of my way to make things difficult for you. Plus you even tried to learn all the things that I love just so that you can be closer to me and have common topics for us to talk about and I am really touch because of it. I mean even my own daughter doesn’t do that and someone not related to me at all, instead is more willing.”

 

He laugh a little to himself before he continue to speak. “To be honest I wasn’t that unsupportive of the both of you right from the beginning even though I know how the mere presence of you can make my daughter really happy. But it is just the fact that you are an idol makes it really hard for me to actually comprehend how are you going to provide for my daughter and lead a life without worry because being an idol is really unpredictable sometimes as you will never know when you will lose all your fame and popularity and drop to being a nobody. So I was really torn especially when you are a really nice guy but then after what I heard you say just now, I am more than confirm that I am ready to approve the relationship that the both of you have.”

 

“Not only for guys, even girls as well, it is good to have goals so that you know what you want to work towards to and that keeps you hardworking, more perseverance, more ambitious so when you said that, I know that you sure won’t let our Mina down in any form because i am sure even if you hit rock bottom, you will not give up and instead find another way to bring things back to the way it was and because of this reason, my Mina will be safe in your hands. I am sure you will take way more better care of her than I ever did.”

 

“Even though she can be really stubborn, flare up and get violent easily and have many flaws but she is a really sensitive kid and cares way more about people than herself. She is really kind and a sweet person so I hope you can love not only the good side of her but also all her flaws. Help me to protect that beautiful smile of hers that I wasn’t able to protect. Treat her like a princess and if I ever know you hurt her in any way I will make sure to personally skin you alive and I mean that. You have no idea how much i wanted to do that ever since I first saw you?? So you better not make this happen for real.”

 

Sehun gulped nervously at that, making Daddy Dong laugh out loud because it seems like Daddy Dong had made his point across and Sehun had heard it loud and clear and is reacting to that threat. After a while, Daddy Dong’s eyes softens as he look towards his precious daughter. His one and only child.

 

He gently starts to speak, “I truly understand what it means by no guy is better than the father when it comes to his daughter starting to date and all because we all want the best for our daughters and there will never be the best when it comes to finding the ideal guy for your daughter. But then I know how important this is for you and as much as I don’t want you to leave my side and go towards him but I know very well this is what you wanted and I always say I want to give you the best I can to you, I know this is indeed the very best I can give. I know one day my girl will have to leave my side and face the world and even though I am still not ready for it but I know time will make up for it.”

 

“Remember to treasure what the both of you have, especially what you both have been through and to be happy. If this guy over here ever did something to make you upset or anything, please be sure to inform me because I will help to punish him on your behalf. Daddy will always be on your side no matter what. Take care my love and I wish the both of you nothing but the best and may the both of you last really long. Hopefully I will get to see some grandkids soon. I am getting old and I am getting desperate.”

 

“Ya dad!! Stop fooling around.”

 

“MInd you my daughter, I am as serious as can be.”

 

“Okay I will make sure to bear that in mind.” Sehun said happily while Mina stare at him in disbelief at what he is saying.

 

“Ya Oh Sehun!! What do you think you are saying??” Mina asked, while giving him a hard slap on the shoulder. “Ya!! I don’t want to be tied down so early and I am too young to have kids!!”

 

“This is your dad’s wish so we cannot ignore it that easily. We have to obey it.” Sehun said seriously earning a death glare from Mina.

 

Daddy Dong laugh heartily at that before sadly saying, “And now I am going to let you go. Be happy and Sehun please take care of my baby and now I trust her in your hands.”

 

“Yes I will uncle. You don’t have to worry about that.”

 

“Dad…” Mina mumbled before leaping into her father’s arms.

 

“Awww why are you being so affectionate today??” Daddy Dong asked while slightly patting her on the head.

 

“It is because of you. You are making me all sad with all your sweet talks and I cannot help it.”

 

“Awww there there~~” Daddy Dong say happily continuing to pat her on the head as he bask in her affection.

 

While they are hugging, Mina’s sensitive ears heard something, as if there is someone mumbling in the house and it is coming from the kitchen so she broke apart from her dad and her brows scrunch together in concentration.

 

“What is it??” Sehun asked seeing her behaving like this.

 

“Don’t the both of you hear something coming from the kitchen like there are someone speaking coming from there.” And without warning, Mina just stood up from the sofa and walk towards the kitchen. The closer she gets to the kitchen, the clearer and louder the voices gets.

 

“Ya!! Stop pushing me!!”

 

“Hey when is it going to be my turn??”

 

“I also want to see what they are doing!!”

 

“Will you all just quiet down?? We are going to get bus…”

 

Even before the person can finish scolding, Mina had already appeared in front of them and her eyes widen in shock as she asked, “Oppa, Eonni what are you all doing here??”

 

“Busted.” Kuroi said.

 

“It is all your fault!! If you let me see what was happening things won’t be like this.”

 

“But I only watch for a while and you already want me to be gone!! How can you do this to me??” With that everyone started pushing the blame to one another, taking sides while some are trying to calm everyone down and Mina getting a little frustrated at not getting her answer, she shouted, “Guys stop it!! Can someone just tell me what is going on here??”

 

“Huh?? What are we doing here again hyungs??” Baekhyun looked around asking, clearly forgetting why they are here and all the others all rolled their eyes at them, Mina included.

 

Suho sigh before walking forward and said, “Uncle invited us over without saying anything so we just came over to see what is it. But i guess he want us to see that he had openly approve the both of you because he knows how worried we are too and how we just want the both of you get together.”

 

“I am glad the way things work out the way you want it to. I am really happy for you guys.” Kuroi said while patting her hand gently.

 

“Eonni…”

 

“Erhemm.” Daddy Dong suddenly cough from behind, trying to make his presence known and said, “Mina and Sehun, if the both of you got nothing else, please get out of the house now.”

 

“Huh??!! Dad Why are you chasing us out of the house so suddenly?? I mean we still want to spend some time with you and also with the rest, I mean it has been a while since I last see all of them here…”

 

“It is nice of you wanting to spend some time with us but then I don’t want to spend time with you so you can get out of the house now.” Daddy Dong said.

 

“Ya dad but what about the oppas, who is going to entertain them??”

 

“Oh you don’t have to worry about that~~ I am sure uncle and us will have such an amazing time together~~ Right uncle??” Baekhyun said happily while linking his arm with Daddy Dong.

 

“Of course~~” Daddy Dong said happily while patting Baekhyun’s hand that is link with his happily.

 

“So get out of the house now!!” Suho said suddenly.

 

“Suho oppa… not you too…” Mina thought it was just a joke that is being pulled on her but then when the serious Suho oppa suddenly ask them to get out of the house, she know things are getting serious but then she just don’t get why they are so keen on trying to get them out of the house.

 

“Stop standing there and get out of the house now!!” and even before Mina can say anything else, all of them started pushing both Sehun and MIna out of the house and they don’t even have the strength to retaliate because there is so many going against them.

 

“Wait!! At least explain what is the meaning of this!!” MIna attempted to ask before one final push, and she is out of the house. AS she is too engross is trying to comprehend what is going on, she almost fell but Sehun was there to break her fall and therefore she landed right in Sehun’s arms instead, as if Sehun is just hugging her.

 

“Aww you guys look so sweet together~~ Anyway!! ENJOY YOURSELVES BYE!!” Kuroi suddenly said before slamming the door close.

 

“Wait!! At least explain to me what kind of a situation is this!!” Mina said as she leapt right out of Sehun’s embrace and start pounding on the door looking for answers.

 

Sehun sigh. “This woman can really be pretty dense sometimes.” he smiled a little to himself before going forward to stop her saying, “Stop it. Let’s just go.”

 

“But but but…”

 

“No more buts. Come on~~” Sehun said while pulling her away by the arm while MIna just keep on pointing at the door, pouting.

 

“Phew they are finally gone. If Mina was to continue banging on the door, i might just lose it.” Chanyeol said.

 

“But I don’t get it uncle, why are you so keen on trying to get them out of the house.” Kai asked in confusion.

 

Daddy Dong smile cheekily before saying, “Of course to let them spend some time alone to date~~”

 

“Awwww i knew it~~ Nice work there uncle~~” Baekhyun said sending 2 thumbs up as approval to Daddy Dong and he return it with a bright smile.

 

“So what are we going to do now??” Chen asked.

 

“Ermm we brought some meat, so why not bbq party in the backyard??” Xiumin suggested.

 

“Okay!! Let’s go uncle!!” Baekhyun said linking arms with Daddy Dong.

 

Daddy Dong smiled happily bringing Baekhyun closer to him and said, “Let’s go!!” With that the both of them happily enter the kitchen to prepare, with the others laughing slightly at them before treading along after them.

 

Kuroi was just about to go along with them when she notice someone who did not follow along and went up to him.

 

“What’s wrong??” She asked.

 

“Nothing… I am just pretty envious of what they have.” Kris said.

 

“Ya!! Are you saying that our relationship is not as good as Sehun and Mina’s?? Are you trying to get it from me??”

 

“No!! Of course that is not what I mean!! What we have is good and even better than theirs!!”

 

Kuroi laugh quietly to herself before sighing and said, “I know I am not the typical gentle woman that you are expecting but I am trying my best now so I hope you can just give me some chance and maybe some time…”

 

“I did not mean that at all. The reason why I like you in the first place is because of your straightforwardness and your violence and not because of I was hoping something more from you like being more gentle and all. I like you the way you are and I just hope you can continue on this way  and not change a thing. Although giving me a lot more attention will be better.” Kris laugh, making Kuroi laugh along too.

 

“Thank you for liking someone as imperfect as me. Thank you.” Kuroi smiled before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

 

Kris’s eyes widen in shock. Kuroi have never done something like this before. “What… what was that all about??” Kris asked in shock.

 

“Just a reward, a reward for being so understanding towards me.”

 

“Aww you~~”

 

“Errhemm, Do you think we should throw them out too like we did with Mina and Sehun??” Baekhyun asked the rest of the them. Kuroi and Kris knowing that they are being watch, turn towards the sound of the voice to see that the rest of them have came out from the kitchen and was staring at them.

 

Suho sigh before saying, “If you both are done lovey doveying, please come into the kitchen to help if not I won’t stop the rest for throwing you out like what we did with Sehun and Mina.” Suho smiled before signalling the rest to enter the kitchen back with him.

 

“Come on let’s go~~ If not the rest is going to complain again.” Kuroi said while taking ahold of his hand and leading him forward, but then Kris didn’t barge and Kuroi turn to look at him, wondering what is wrong.

 

Kris look serious for a while before his eyes slowly soften and he said, “I love you.”

 

Kuroi turn back fully to face him and said happily, “I love you too.”

 

The very first time she said something like this to him and he cannot help but to confirm with her once again. “Really??”

 

“Really.”

 

“What should we do??” Mina asked as they walk down hand in hand in the streets, walking aimlessly.

 

Sehun suddenly lean down towards her and whisper softly and seductively into her ear and said, “Well, we can always take up your dad’s suggestion and go make some babies now~~”

 

“Ya!! Really!! Stop it before I flare up!!”

 

“Okay okay I get it. Don’t flare up on me. You flaring up is scary…”

 

“Glad you know that!!” Making both of them laugh. But after a while their laughter died down and Mina said.

 

“I am thankful.”

 

“Huh??” Sehun questioned. Not understanding what she is trying to say.

 

Mina stopped to face him and said, “I am thankful the way things are finally working out for us and now there is no more obstacles preventing us for continuing to be together and also because… Because of you. Thankful for being able to meet you in my life. You are my wrong star right prize.”

 

“Wrong star right prize??”

 

“Remember in the beginning, the only reason I entered the company is because I wanted to work with F(x) but I got to work with you guys instead, so in a sense, i work with the wrong idol and as idol are often as star, so wrong star but then when times go pass, I start to fall in love with you and we slowly develop and officially become a couple, I know that you are the right prize for me. A prize that I have won after meeting EXO, after meeting you and becoming yours. That is why I am thankful. Thankful to have you in my life and thankful to have you as my wrong star right prize.”

 

“Me too. I am glad that you get to meet us instead of F(x) as if not, i wouldn’t have met you. You came knocking into my life when i least expected it and you teach me so many things and make me fall in love, in composing and of course in you. You make my used to be boring life more amazing and I just can’t imagine life without you now that we are together for so long and I hope you can continue to be by my side for the rest of my life. You are the one for me. I love you.”

 

“I love you too and from now on, you are my right star, right prize.”

 

Sehun let out a small laugh and question, “Right star right prize??”

 

“Yes right star right prize.”

 

They smiled before leaning in and sealing their lips with one another.


 

The End

 

 


My author's note is coming right up so stay tune!! so sorry that this chapter came so late~~