Chapter 60

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Dad, I will be going out for a while. I will be back before dinner.” Mina said.

 

“Ehh where are you going??!!” Daddy Dong asked in shocked, peeping out from behind the newspapers that he had been reading.

 

“I am going to the company today. I have some work to do.”

 

“How can you just leave me alone like that?? Especially when I don’t get to come visit you that often… You should just stay at home and keep me company…”

 

“Sorry dad. I really cannot. I really have to go in today.”

 

“Fine. Make sure you be back early to accompany me.” Daddy Dong said unwillingly, while pouting.

 

“I understand. So sorry dad. I will be back soon.”

 

“Fine. Faster get going and don’t get them waiting. Be careful.”

 

“Bye dad.” Mina said, waving and exiting the house.

 

Daddy Dong sigh as he watches his daughter exit from the house, feeling sad but then suddenly his eyes perks up and a thought suddenly creep into his mind and he start to pick up all the things he need and exit the house too.

 

Mina happily entered the company. It has been really long since she last came into the company and she really misses it. The company is filled with a lot of memories both bad and good ones, how it recorded her first love and the people she met here and also how her dreams take flight here. Even though at the beginning it didn’t started out the way she did but then now she is happy that things are ending this way and she couldn’t wish for things to get even better.

 

She is so lost in her thoughts that she did not notice a particular someone that had been sitting there waiting for her. Lost in her thoughts, her feets just continue moving onwards on their own, leaving the person very sad and hurt as once again she have not seen him again. He decided to creep up on her and gave her a back hug, making her scream in shock at the sudden contact. She wanted to turn to the back and give the person a piece of her mind but then she recognised the pair of arms that is wrap around her and the warmth that is emitting from the chest behind her and she immediately know who he is.

 

“Ya!! Oh Sehun!! Did you forget what I said before about doing this kind of things in the company. You have got to maintain.” Mina said while lightly hitting the hands on her waist.

 

Instead of letting go, he instead starts to hug her even tighter than before and said, “Who asked you to be so engrossed in your own thoughts that you didn’t even notice that I am just sitting there waiting for your arrival so I decided to teach you a little lesson.”

 

“How can you bear such a grudge like that. I am sad.” Mina pouts.

 

“Are you mad?? I am just kidding. I can never hold a grudge against you. I can never do that, no matter what you do.”

 

“Really??”

 

Sehun gently released her so that he can turn her around and face her, looking straight into her eyes and said, “Really.”

 

Mina smiled and Sehun stretch out his hand and offered it to her, for her to link arms with him. Mina teasingly shakes her head and started to walk away. Sehun immediately catch up with her and pull her arm, making her stop and turn around to face him, offering his arm again but Mina once again said no and walk off, so he had to stop her again. Seeing how he is offering his arm again, she knew she cannot continue to anymore and so she reach out and link hands with him and snuggling up towards him.

 

Sehun laughed seeing her like this, making Mina looked up at him and asked, “What is it?? Why are you laughing??”

 

“Because you are so cute.” Sehun said and cheekily went out to pinch her nose, making her scrunch up her face cutely in response.

 

“What… Why are you making me all shy all of a sudden…”

 

“Wait… There is something on your lips…” Sehun suddenly said very seriously, staring intently at Mina’s face.

 

“Huh?? Where is it??” Mina asked while constantly touching her lips to see if she can remove it.

 

Sehun laugh gently before saying, “Come, I will help you remove it.” and so Sehun gently reach out his hand and cup Mina’s face before leaning in and sealed her lips with his. Although Mina is taken aback by this but she did not reject his kiss and instead melt into it.

 

After a while, they broke apart and Mina blushed shyly and bury her face in his arm, refused to look at him. He laughed cheekily before saying, “I have a confession.”

 

Mina look up at him and asked, “What is it??”

 

“I said that there is something on your lips just now but I lied about it. I lied so that I can use it as an excuse to kiss you.”

 

“Ya!! Why did you do that??!!” Mina asked while punching him on the chest.

 

“Be… Because everytime I see you, I just want to kiss you so bad and I cannot help myself. But then I don’t to want to seem like a ert in front of you for wanting to kiss you all the time so I had to do something about it. It is all your fault for making me a ppo ppo thief!!”

 

“I have always know that nobody can resist my charms~~” Mina said dreamily, totally in her own land.

 

“So you should be responsible for me, especially when you make me become someone that I don’t want to…”

 

“Hmmm… It is not exactly my fault since I didn’t ask you to fall for my charms. It is your fault.”

 

“Ya!! How dare you push the blame to me??” Sehun said while pinching her cheeks making her pout and hid her face in his arms again.

 

“Are you going to keep on hiding behind my arm and not face your responsibility for me??” Sehun asked while poking her lightly on her cheek.

 

“Yes I am going to hide here forever and also because you smell good I cannot resist~~”

 

“Don’t think that you being all sweet will make me change my mind about things. You cannot be so irrespons…” The person in front of him made him stopped on his tracks to stare and also at the same time made him stopped what he was saying.

Mina sense that something is wrong especially when Sehun just suddenly stopped walking out of nowhere and also didn’t completed his sentence. She look up at him and see that he is looking forward and is frowning a little so she followed his gaze and she too is shocked to see the person in front of them. After a while Sehun finally manage to finish the word to the sentence that he was saying just now. “Irresponsible…”

 

“Well the both of you have been looking good this days when I am away. I thought my tactics will bring the end to the both of you but I guess I was wrong. You too still look as loving as before and maybe even better. I guess the incident have helped to bond the both of you together. That’s nice. Shouldn’t I be thank for helping the both of you become closer than before?? Maybe I should even get a reward or something.”

 

Mina is about to step up and say something but then Sehun beat her to it, pushing her behind his back, standing in front of her, shielding her from the person in front and angrily said, “What are you doing here Kim Tae In. Based on what I have known, you have already been fired from this company and there is no way you can come back in again so what business do you have and whose life are you going to ruin this time?? Don’t tell me it is our lives again?? Didn’t you have enough?? If you are thinking of just that, I suggest you better go right now because I won’t be letting you off that easily this time. You have been warned.”

 

“I didn’t even say anything why are you jumping into conclusions so fast. Don’t worry about it. Today I won’t be causing any troubles. I am not that the old Kim Tae In you have known the last time. I have changed. Anyway there is a reason why I am back today. There is something I want to speak to Mina eonni about so if you can just spare me a…”

 

Even before Tae In can finish her sentence, Sehun had already barge in and said, “NO!! There is no way I am going to allow that to happen especially what had happened the last time. There is no guarantee what you are going to do this time. Even though you said you have changed but how much of it is true, we will never know because that is what you said and we have never seen the change you before. I don’t care what you have to say this time, no matter how important it is because I am not going to allow you to hurt Mina in any way possible again especially not under my watch so if there is nothing, we are going to excuse ourselves.” and Sehun immediately take a hold of Mina’s hand and want to guide her out of the situation before Tae In stopped them and said, “Please give me another chance, I swear I will not lay a hand on her this time, please and not especially when you are so protective over her. I don’t want to die so early. So please.”

 

“No the answer is still…”

 

“Wait…” Mina suddenly voiced out even before Sehun can finish his sentence.

 

“Mina…” Sehun muttered out while turning towards her looking at her in shock.

 

“It is okay I will be fine just let me sp…”

 

“NO!! You know I cannot allow you to do that. Not over my dead body. It is my duty to protect you and therefore I can never allow you to get hurt anymore, not especially after the heartaches that we have gone through and the separations… I… I just couldn’t...” Sehun expression looked pained as he voiced out his most inner thoughts as he avoided Mina’s gaze and that expression pains Mina too.

 

Mina stretch out her hand gently and place it on his cheek, his face and after a while, she smiled and said, “It is okay I will be fine. Don’t worry. Like her, I am also not the old me anymore. This time I will  make sure I defend myself even before she have a chance to scold me or anything. After what happened the last time, after all that heartbreaks that we have to go through, our relationship have strengthened by a lot and I start to treasure our relationship even more and I know you do too because we almost lost each other the last time so this time nothing can come in between us. I won’t allow it so just trust me and let me go and have a talk with her too okay??”

 

Sehun did not say anything but instead just look hard into her eyes. Mina can see all sorts of emotions in his eyes, sadness, anger, unwillingness but mostly anger. Without warning, he just lean down and just angrily press a quick kiss on her lips before releasing her and walking away, right pass Tae In. while walking pass Tae In, he gave her a glare as if to warn her that if she is going to do anything nasty to Mina, she is going to get it. Mina smiled as she stood there still trying to comprehend the whole situation. After a while, she slowly retract the awkward hand that is still frozen in the air where Sehun’s face once was.

 

“Are you sure you still want to do this because he looks kind of angry…” Tae In says after a while.

 

“It is okay. He will understand. Let’s find a quiet spot to talk.” Mina said and started to lead the way.

 

“What is it that you want to talk to me about??” Mina said when they have settled down.

 

“Well first thing first, I just want to state something. The reason why I want to talk you is not because I want to scold you or fight you as you get together with Sehun or any of that. I have gotten over him, believe it or not. I just want to apologise to you for causing all that trouble and attempting to break the both of you up. At first when I managed to break you and Sehun up, I was really happy because that means I will finally have a chance with Sehun but then I see how sad he was when you were gone. Even though I attempted to try to get close to him while you were away but all he did was to shun everyone out and I cannot even get close to him. I saw how he was suffering and even if the members or even I tried to cheer him up but it didn’t work at all especially the moment he sees me, he doesn’t even say anything or do anything. He just totally ignore me like i don’t even exist at all and that hurts me really bad.” Tae In smile a little as she recall the past memories, taking a pause before starting to speak again.

 

“Once i just so happen to walk pass the rest of the EXO members discussing about Sehun while he is away. They were talking about how sad he was because you were gone and it is like a part of him is gone with you and how you are the only person that can make him happy again, so long as they can find you. To be honest, hearing that sentence right out, broke my heart into a million pieces and i hated you because I just couldn’t understand why, why a person like you can make him happy but not me, no matter how hard I tried. I hated it and I was so happy that you were gone but then there is one thing I realised amidst all my anger is that he truly loves you and you are the only person for him and no matter how hard someone is going to separate the both of you or no matter how hard you try to run away from him, you will always find each other because there is a string holding the both of you together, the string of love, fate and soulmate. You are each other’s soulmate and someone like me will never stand a chance against him and therefore I decided to give up on Sehun.”

 

“It was easy said than done because my heart hurts so bad every night trying to forget him and I am sure you understand how I feel because you have went through that too and I had to stopped myself every time from trying to run back to him and looking at him even though I know my feelings will never be accepted. It took a while but I have finally done it and yes I am pretty proud of myself for it. So from now on, I will be gone, I won’t be thinking of any tricks to try to break the both of you up but instead supporting the both of your relationship and wish that the both of you will last long and I promise you that.”

 

Tae In smiled gently and look at Mina while it took Mina a while to finally find her voice to speak. “I am just speechless because to be honest that is not something that I have expected coming from you. I was already prepared to defend myself if you were to get violent on me or something but then I am so glad you told me all this things. I am really happy and proud that that you have changed and even give us the word that you will support us. Actually I have never blame you for the things that you have done to me, well maybe a little because it really hurts to get injured all the time and getting everyone around me so worried about me but more than that, I am really thankful to you. Thank you for causing us so many problems, so many challenges because all that problems actually help us to bond even better and treasure each other even more than before. Like what others always say, sometimes a couple have to go through some hardships or challenges together in order to see if they are the one for you or not and because of all the problems that we have to constantly face and all, I have realised that he is the one for me and I can count on him to be there for me no matter what kind of hardships that I am facing.”

 

Mina smiled back gently and reached out to hold Tae In’s hand in her, slowly patting it and said, “So I am really thankful to you and I sincerely hope that one day you will be able to find someone you truly love and make sure he is good to you and don’t be such a kid and tries to steal kisses from you like at every second of the day.”

 

Tae In laugh out loud in response at that as she know who Mina refers to and Mina laughed along with her too. After a while Tae In stopped and said, “Well after this I have realised something and that is you can never force love on someone that doesn’t love you back even if you really love him deeply and wish he can return the favour too. I have been too selfish and too unrealistic as a fan, I have been too into my idol, so much into him that I think he will be mine and mine only, that I forgot that he is also human and he have his own choices too, to choose who he wants to be with. That is why when the both of you both got together, I was really angry but now I understand. Thank you for teaching me such an important lesson and I am really sorry. I hope you will forgive me…”

 

“I forgive you.” Mina say smiling at her and Tae In smiled back and said, “Thank you.” They sat there together for a while more before Tae In suddenly stood up and said, “Well I better get going now I have taken up too much of your time. You better get back and see how is Sehun oppa doing. I bet he is still really angry after you coming to meet me. Think you need to get back and calm him down.”

 

“I think I should before he starts being angry with me for a very long time. It has been a really good chat today. I wish nothing but the best for you from now on Tae In.”

 

“Thanks. Same here. I guess I will see you around.”

 

“See you too bye.” They each waved goodbye and Mina watched Tae In exit out of the company first before turning around and going back to the studio that Sehun and Mina is going to use for their composing session today. Mina gently open the door and see that Sehun is busy composing and it seems as if he didn’t notice how Mina have entered the room. But in actual fact, he did notice but he purposely ignore because he is still really upset at Mina.

 

Mina slowly creep up to him and wound her arms around his neck, placing her head on top of his and asked, “What is my favourite guy doing right now??”

 

“I am not your favourite guy. I am your second favourite guy apart. Your dad is your most favourite guy and I am composing as you can see.” Sehun mumbled monotonously.

 

Mina chuckled quietly to herself. “This kid sure knows how to hold a grudge.” Mina thought. “Are you still angry at me for meeting with Tae In??” Mina asked.

 

Suddenly Sehun turn and look at her straight in the eyes, anger evident in his eyes and said, “Of course I am angry!! How could you do something as reckless like that??!! How can you just throw yourself into the traps of your enemy like that?? Even though she said she have changed but how much true is that?? You never know and she can hurt you once again and I don’t want that to happen to you. Not under my watch because I know how difficult it is for you so I never want you to go through that again, because if you were to go through that again, my heart will break.”

 

Mina smile and gently reach out to his face saying, “See aren’t I all right?? I didn’t get hurt at all. See like I said, I am able to take care of myself and I didn’t allow her to hurt me. I am not the same me anymore too. Now i have learnt to protect myself and place myself at the first place instead of others because if I don’t do that, who is going to protect me??”

 

“I can protect you…” Sehun mumbled softly.

 

“I know but what if you are not there with me to protect me, I can’t just let the same things happen again right?? Plus I don’t want to be so dependent on you. I want to be strong too, on my own.”

 

“Put then I want you to be dependent on me so that you can never leave me because we have grown so attached to one another. That way we can be together forever.”

 

Mina put her the other hand on the other side of Sehun’s cheek and without warning, push the sides of his cheeks in, making his face and lips puff up cutely. Sehun tried to struggle but to no avail. “Aww how can someone be so cute yet sweet at the same time.” Mina said before leaning in to give a quick peck to his puff up lips before releasing his face. Mina then went on to grab a chair to sit right beside him and holding his left hand in hers and said happily, “Let’s get back to composing~~ Where were you??”

 

Suddenly Sehun turn and stare at her sternly and said, “Don’t you think you can get away so easily. I am still angry at you.”

 

“Then what can I do to make you not angry at me again??” Mina asked sadly looking down at their intertwined hands.

 

“Hmmm… Well I think a kiss would do the trick.” Sehun said before leaning down for a quick kiss before breaking into a bright smile after that.

 

“Ya!! You ppo ppo thief!! You did that on purpose right?? You purposely refuse to forgive me just so that you can steal a kiss from me right??”

 

“I don’t know… maybe I am really angry or maybe I am not but then the most important thing is a kiss always makes wonders and I hope you can remember that~~”

 

Mina slapped him on the arm and said angrily, “You ppo ppo thief. As a punishment, I am going to keep on holding on to your hand.”

 

“Ya how am I going to work like that if you keep on holding on to it??”

 

“Well if you haven’t notice, my left hand is free so I can help you press some buttons here and there~~”

 

“You cheeky little thing. Did you plan this??”

 

“Hmm… maybe I did… maybe I did not…” Mina laughed after saying that because she is using Sehun’s words right back at him and he notice it too and he started pressing closer and closer to her without warning and Mina can only start to lean back more and more as he creeps closer.

 

“What… are you trying to… do??”

 

“I love you.” Sehun answered.

 

“Hmm but I don’t like you.”

 

“Are you sure you want to do this??” Sehun asked, as he continue to press in, making Mina lean more and more further back and it is almost at the point where she is going to fall off from the chair soon before she finally said, “You always know I love you too right??”

 

Sehun smiled happily and said, “Well it is always good to hear the confirmation from you.” and with that he pulled her back up and set her straight.

 

“You are so bad.”

 

“Just a little punishment for you and I just love teasing you.” Making Mina scrowl at the sentence. “But apart from all that you do know that I love you a lot right??”

 

Mina smiled and leaned in, resting her head on his shoulder and said, “Of course I know that and I also love you a lot a lot a lot.”

 

 


hello~~ i am finally back with another update after so long~~ Suppose to update yesterday but then I wanted to proof read first before updating so today it is hahaha~~ But then there is something I want to announce and that is the next chapter will be the very last chapter to this series and I am really sad about that sobs. This series have continue for almost one year, it will be a year long in a few days time and I am sad that it is coming to an end because I put so much feelings into it and I don't want it to end. but then all good things have to come to an end so that the next good thing will come finding you so don't worry I will be back with another fanfic soon and I hope everyone can support it too~~ I will drop the last chapter as soon as I am done so that everyone don't have to wait anymore. Thank you everyone for coming on with this journey with me and you all have been the best. Thank you and all the best to everyone. Everyone please do take care because the weather is really bad this few days so don't get sick and finally enjoy reading~~ :))))