Chapter 26

Wrong Star, Right Prize

The sound of the door unlocking can be heard and her eonnis started to focus on the door. They had known that Mina had went to find her dad to propose her idea and they are really desperate to know what is the outcome of that talk.

 

“Could it be??” Kuroi asked.

 

“Hopefully it is…” Sooin continued.

 

Just then the door open and revealed.

 

“MINA!!” Vannie exclaimed. They quickly ran up to her and Kuroi asked. “How is it?? How is it?? How did it go??” They all look up attentively at Mina and there isn’t any emotions shown on her face. It seems to them that it didn’t turn out too well.

 

“Did it go really bad?? Like your dad flare up at you even more??” Sooin asked. Mina slowly shaked her head.

 

“Then what is it?? You are driving us crazy. Just tell us what happened already!!” Vannie said.

 

“Well…” Mina started and looking up at all of them, looking at how attentively they are all listening to her, trying to know what happened. “My dad says that… HE ACCEPTS MY PROPOSAL AND AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS I HAVE SET!!” Mina shouted and then her eonnis look at each other for a while before they all started screaming and they hold each other hands and started jumping around in the house. That carry on for a while until they are all too tired to move and just lie on the floor. After they have calm down Kuroi asked, “I am so happy for you. Your idea had worked.”

 

“I know right. I thought it will be impossible to try and convince my dad and it will take longer than i thought and it might just end up with nothing happening but it just take one time and that is all it takes for the magic to work!! I am so happy!!”

 

“Maybe it is because no matter how harsh your dad is on you, he still have a soft side for you and just wants you to be happy.” Vannie said.

 

“Hopefully it is like that. If that is the case then without the results he will still let me continue with composing. Because even though i am happy but then it is the first start and i am now more worried about my song not being able to meet the criteria i have set for the proposal. I want to aim high for my first song but then somehow it seems so impossible.”

 

“Don’t worry about that. Just let everything goes along with the flow.” Sooin said.

 

“Thanks eonnis. Thanks for always being so supportive in whatever I am doing.”

 

“You are welcome. It is the least we can do.” Kuroi said.

 

“Come on let’s get you some lunch. You should be hungry after the morning.” Vannie said.

 

“Ya starving. Hahahaha.”

 

“Come on then. We made lunch.” Sooin said. With that they got up from the floor and went into the kitchen dining room to eat. While they were eating and chatting, Mina’s phone announced that there is an incoming message and so Mina took out her phone to take a look.

 

LeeJiyah: f(x) album just got release in all of the Korea distributing channels. You might want to take a look to see how your song is working. Congrats on having your first song published. I believe it will do well on all the charts no worries.

 

MinaDong: thank you so much eonni!! I am sure with your well wishes, my song will be doing very well.

 

After replying Jiyah eonni, Mina immediately went to the different korean charts and look at her song ranking and so far it isn’t doing well and Mina is feeling a bit depressed but then she comfort herself saying it is only the beginning and there is a lot of time and maybe the fans need some time to digest her song so she will wait. But no matter what she still cannot get over the fact that she is a bit disappointed by it.

 

Her eonnis were looking at her reaction and seeing the sadness evident on her face, Kuroi asked. “Ya… what’s wrong with you?? Did something went wrong??”

 

“No… it is just that my boss just message me to tell me that my song has been released to all Korea distributing channels and i just went to take a look and so far it isn’t doing really well. I know it is just the beginning but then i am still feeling a bit sad over the ranking for now.”

 

“Don’t be sad. I am sure everything is going to turn out fine. Just give it a little wait. Time is just what you need.” Sooin said.

 

“Thanks eonni. i will just let it be. For now I will just focus on the food in front of me.” With that Mina continued to eat heartily to her content.

 

But even though she said that, she couldn’t help but to be nervous about it and checking it constantly to see how it is. But things aren’t improving much and she is feeling depressed about it. She is so sad and nervous that so much so she didn’t notice Sehun there.

 

Sehun saw her walk pass sadly and he immediately knew something is wrong and he thought she is still sad over her dad scolding and he went up to her and grab her wrist, stopping her.

 

“Mina…” He started

 

Mina turn and saw him and said trying to sound happy but failed badly, “Oh hi oppa. How are you??”

 

“I am fine. Are you okay?? Is it still about your dad stuff??” Sehun asked worriedly.

 

“No actually not really. I have already sorted it out with my dad but then of course it comes with a price.” Mina said.

 

“Really?? Tell me about it!!”

 

“Well I kind of made a deal with him and that deal might involve me giving up composing for life if it turns out really badly and so far the results are bad and I am really worried.”

 

“What??!! You use composing as a bet?? But that is something you love and want to protect it for life!!”

 

“I know but it is the most relevant thing that I can think of in order for my dad to back off. This is the one condition that I am sure will attract him the most and it did.”

 

“Haiz… Just tell me the whole proposal that you offer to your dad.”

 

“You know that my song is published today right??”

 

“Oh really it is today?? Damn i didn’t know f(x) noonas’ album is released today…”

 

“Ya!! How could you not know!! It is like the most important thing ever!! It is the release of f(x) eonnis album!! Don’t you know how important is that?? It is f(x)!! f(x)!!” Mina said wanting to slap Sehun but he dodge in time. “How can he forget about f(x) eonnis album??!! They are in the same company he should know and she felt so disappointed as it is her f(x) eonnis album and everyone should pay attention to it!!” Mina thought.

 

“Fine fine I am sorry I didn’t know so just carry on with what you are saying just now.”

 

Mina gave him a glare before continuing to speak again. “Now that you know that my song is being released today, I can continue because the song is part of the bet. So I told my dad if my song is in the top 10 from any day between today to Saturday on all leading charts in Korea, then he will continue to let me do composing without ever stopping me again. But then if I were to fail, then, I will stop doing composing and just focus on learning and studying about business.”

 

“Wow that is a really big bet especially when you don’t know if your song is going to work or not since you are still a rookie in the world of composing.”

 

Mina sigh. “I know right. At first I have so much confidence in myself that it will work but now looking at the chart rankings, it seems pretty difficult now.”

 

“Don’t worry. I am sure it will get better.” Sehun said while giving her a pat on the shoulder.

 

Mina look up at him with eyes full of gratitude and said, “Thanks.”

 

They slowly made their way to class and when they entered, everyone is so happy to see her back again.

 

“So happy you are back again. Welcome back Mina.” Suho said.

 

“Thank you so much Suho oppa. It feels great to be back here again.”

 

“Oh yeah we heard that your song is being published today!! Congratulations!! Our teacher here is going to be famous.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Thank you so much. So happy you guys remembered. Not like a certain someone.” Mina said while giving a glare towards Sehun.

 

“Ya!! How come you guys know and I don’t know about it??” Sehun asked, can’t believe that he is the only one that doesn’t know about it.

 

“Well because someone is too busy worrying about someone else to even be bothered about this…” Baekhyun say while looking at somewhere other than Sehun. A few of them let out a few coughs and sighs and Xiumin nudged Baekhyun in the ribs.

 

“Ya we try to tell you a few times but then you were really too busy to listen to us. I was so sad. My feelings were hurt.” Suho said as if he is going to cry and the rest were starting to comfort him and say it is okay.

 

Sehun started to blush really hard as he knows they are talking about him and knows how he have been neglecting them for the past few days and he really feels like digging a hole to hide.

 

“Ya Hyung how can you do this to me?? Aiyo stop it stop it. I know I am in the wrong. So sorry.”

 

Mina started laughing at them. “So funny.”

 

“Ya What is so funny?? It is not funny.” Sehun said to Mina.

 

Mina gave him a glare and stick out her tongue before walking away.

 

“Ya Mina!! Ya!!”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk. For someone who forgot still dare to be angry.” Baekhyun said while walking pass with arms folded.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk.” the rest continued and walk off.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk. I am still sad though.” Suho said while walking pass.

 

“Ya… hyungs… I didn’t mean any of that…” While following the rest of them.

 

“Fine fine. We know. We just want to disturb you hahahaha!!” Luhan said.

 

“Settle down guys. Class is about to start.” Mina said while laughing.

 

“So where were we the last time?? Hmmm oh yeah we are at the composing stage. You guys will have to compose until the 1 minute and 30 seconds mark today. Hopefully you guys have done something throughout the few days if not it will be great to stop slacking and start on it. I will be walking around to listen to it and give you some tips so let’s get started!!” With that Mina started walking around and listening to the song they have done so far. Some of them were really good and there is nothing much she can tip them on but some really need some help so she just spend as much time as possible to help them get back on track. As much as she tries to keep herself occupied, she still cannot stop herself from constantly checking on the ranking of her song. Although the ranking is improving but then it is still far from the top 10 mark and she sigh and lay aimlessly down on the table.

 

This continues so until the rest of the EXO members left and she is left alone once again with Sehun. She sigh and lay down aimlessly on the table again after checking the ranking of her song on the charts. It is still stagnant there and not moving much.

 

Sehun look up from his work and give Mina a side glance and said, “What’s wrong with you??”

 

“Nothing much. Just worried.”

 

“It is okay don’t worry about it. It just probably need some more time.”

 

“I know but then i am just worried. Maybe just maybe my skills are really not there and I have too much hope in myself and I might just really fail. Maybe my plan isn’t so good after all.”

 

“Hey don’t say that. Why not you let me listen to it and I see if it is good or not.”

 

“But… but then I shy…” Mina say while looking down.

 

“Ya since when have you become shy??!! The Mina i know isn’t like that!! Just show me!!”

 

“Fine fine. Aish I really don’t like showing people my stuff in the presence of me.” Mina said while typing the song name into the search engine to find it and found it and pass her laptop to him.

 

“It won’t be that bad.” Sehun say while taking the laptop from her and listen to it. Mina on the other end was covering her ear, afraid to listen to her own song. She just feels so awkward and shy when people are playing her stuff in front of her because she really don’t know what to behave or expect.

 

After seeing he is done, she slowly remove her hands that are covering her ears and asked shyly. “So… how was it?? Is it really bad??”

 

“No… it is just that now I finally know why the company chooses you as the winner of the competition because the song is really good. It is able to captivate the person by the first note and making them want to listen to it more and wanting them to listen to it again and again until we are sick of it. It is that good.”

 

“Really?? You are not kidding with me just so that you can make me feel better right??”

 

“No of course not!! Do i look like that kind of person that will always joke around?? I also know when I need to be serious and also when to be honest and not. Please believe me on this.” Sehun said while staring straight into Mina’s eyes. Mina can tell from his eyes that he is indeed not kidding and is very serious about it. Under his strong gaze, her heart starts to beat very fast and she can feel her face is starting to burn up and so she quickly look away.

 

“I… got it…” With that they fell into silence but Mina quickly ask again. “Really is it really good??”

 

“Yes it is. So stop worrying about it okay??” Sehun said while giving her a pat on the head.

 

“Phew that is a good sign. Maybe I am really worrying too much. Thank you Sehun oppa.”

 

“You are welcome.” After a while as if he is speaking to himself, Sehun blurted out saying, “Mina…??”

 

“Hmm??” Mina answered gently while turning her head up to look at Sehun. Sehun is looking down at his stuff.

 

“Thank you for having the courage to step out of your sadness, pulling yourself up and being back to your normal self and coming back here to teach us. I was so worried you won’t be able to come back anymore but you did and even though many people would be shocked by your decision to make that kind of deal with your own dad but i think you are a genius for doing that because I won’t be able to handle it if you just leave like that and to never see you teach us again. Thank you so much.” With that he slowly look up and caught Mina’s eyes once again.

 

“Tub tub” Mina’s heart starting to pump faster again.

 

“Damn I think I have just fallen in love with him by a whole notch deeper.”

 

Friday comes and goes and Mina’s song although did made progresses but currently it is still in the top 20’s rank and not yet in the top 10 but even though there is still time, her hopes are becoming lesser and lesser. That afternoon during lunch, Mina said after once again checking her song ranking on the chart. “Rank 12 for the major chart while the rest are all below that but still in the top 20s. So close yet so far. Maybe it is time for me to prepare myself for the worst first.” She sigh.

 

“What’s wrong…??” Kuroi asked.

 

“It is just my song… it seems that I am going to lose my bet with my father very soon. Maybe i should just get myself prepare so that when the day really comes, I won’t be that sad.”

 

“Hey don’t be so depressed about it yet. You still have half a day to prove yourself. Anything can happen during this period so do not worry about it. I am sure we can do it!!” Vannie said.

 

“Thanks eonnis… I will try…” Mina said. But then throughout the whole day she is really distracted, even when she is in class and everyone can tell that she is worrying about something again by how she keeps zoning out into empty spaces.

 

“Mina are you okay??” Suho asked worriedly as he approached her. It seems that Mina isn’t listening as she is pretty engrossed in thinking about what she is going to do if she is really not going to be able to do composing again. She is thinking about maybe she can try convincing her dad even if this proposal failed. It might just work but the chances is little. How could she bring that up  to her father and then just then Suho started to speak again and said, “Mina did you hear what i just said??”

 

“Huh?? What?? You were talking to me??” Mina said suddenly aware that Suho is speaking to her and suddenly snap out of her trance.

 

“Ya I was… And have been for a while…”

 

“I am so sorry… What is it that you are talking about??”

 

“You look out of yourself and I am wondering what’s wrong… Is it something that I can help you with??”

 

“Nah it is okay… it is just one of my problems… Oppa already have so many things to worry about so I shouldn’t add on to your burden…”

 

“It is okay… You are now part of our EXO family so it means that your problems are also my problems so if you have any, you can always say it to me. I am very good in giving advices and lending a listening ear.”

 

“Thanks oppa. I am sure I will remember that.”

 

“You are welcome~~ Now back to the real question that i have.” and Suho started to ask about the composing question that he had.

 

Then Mina go to each one of them to have a review session with them, having a listen through as to what they have and giving tips on how to improve it and showing them what she meant.

 

“Okay!! I think everyone is heading the correct way and please take note of the things that I want you to improve on and try to work on it the next time I see you. Thank you so much and this is the end of the lesson today!!” With that Mina gave a bow. She absentmindedly pack up her things and move to Sehun’s table. She is so engrossed in her own world that she didn’t even notice that the rest of her oppas have already went home and she is left with Sehun alone. She sigh as she put her head down on the table once again.

 

“Ya!! What is wrong with you again??!!”

 

Mina jump up in shock after hearing Sehun’s voice. “Ya!! You don’t have to be so loud!! I can hear you clearly!! Do you know you give me such a shock there?? I feel like my life just got shortened by 10 years!!” Mina said while clutching her heart.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you like that. Actually I am not that loud, it is just that you are too engrossed in your own world that you got scared. This shows how distracted you are so what is it this time??”

 

“Nothing…”

 

“You sure it is really nothing??”

 

“Ya i am sure of it!! Just get back to your own work!! Go go go!!”

 

“Fine…” Sehun said while starting on his work but he can’t stop himself from stealing glances at Mina because he clearly knows that there is something wrong with her but then somehow she doesn’t want to say it out and he doesn’t want to force it out of her as if there is really something bothering her then he wants her to say it out by herself, comfortably and not while being forced by him. But he can’t help but feel sad that she doesn’t want to share it with him. He doesn’t know why he is feeling this way but he just wants to share all her happiness and sadness, her ups and downs.  Sigh what is wrong with him. “This is so frustrating!!” He screams internally and starts to pout a little as he continues back with his work.

 

Mina gave Sehun a glance, feeling that she had been too harsh on him just now and so she kind of feel bad towards him and especially so when he sees him pouting slightly.

 

She sigh before turning towards him and said, “It is just about my song. The ranking is driving me sad and I am thinking whether I should just give up. I am now preparing myself for the worst.”

 

Sehun turn towards her and is shock that she is telling him this kind of things willingly on his own and he somehow feels very happy about it and can’t contain his smile.

 

“When did you last check it??”

 

“In the afternoon and it was at rank 12 for the major chart while the rest is like still in the 20s and I am really worried about it and I am scared it won’t get any higher than that since it is already so close to the deadline.”

 

“I see… Why not we check it now??” With that Sehun started to search for it.

 

“You can just see it for yourself. I am not going to look at it. I am not ready to see that disappointment. No expectations no sadness so I am not going to look and don’t bother telling me about it.”

 

But a while has passed and all Mina could hear was more clicking and just a series of wows and more wows.

 

“Wow!! Mina i think you should really see this!!”

 

“Is it really bad??” As much as she says she doesn’t want to look at it but she can’t help but to be curious after hearing the series of reactions that Sehun had made. Mina slowly moved closer towards Sehun. She look at the screen and she saw it.

 

“Omg…” Was the only word that she can make out.

 


ho ho ho I am here with a special update for Kyungsoo's bday!! Almost forgot to do a Kyungsoo special update because I have been so busy with school and so much deadlines and I feel like I can't breathe. It is only the 2nd week of school and I already can't wait for my graduation helps. Anyways back to Kyungsoo~~ Happy birthday to my twin from another mother!! I am honoured to share the same personality as you which is cute on the outside and satan in the inside hehehehe~~ I am  so happy that you choose the career of a singer because through there I get to listen to your wonderful vocals through the different song genres. It is so awesome!! I love all modes of you,  no matter you are satan soo,  evil soo, squishy soo, singer soo or actor soo, I love it all and can't wait to see more of them in the upcoming year~~ Happy to be spending another year with you and hoping that 2016 will be your year and you get to do more of the things you like!! Please remember to take care of yourself and have plenty of rests if possible so that you don't tire yourself out so eaily!! Hope to see you up close soon as I have miss my chance at this year exoluxion sobs oh well~~ Thank you for being part of exo and thank you Kyungsoo's parents for raising such a wonderful boy!! Thank you and I love you my twinnie!! 

P.s I might be doing a triple update this week~~ Not confirm yet but I am trying to make it happen so stay tune hehehe!! Enjoy your day everyone!! Enjoy Kyungsoo's day and enjoy reading hehehe~~ :))))