Chapter 24

Wrong Star, Right Prize

'Im  sorry, summer,  now goodbye yeah."

The last sentence from the chorus of Goodbye summer by f(x) was being played and then suddenly it stopped, signalling the end of the call. It has been ringing for numerous times and numerous amounts of messages have been sent to her but she didn't make an effort to get up and answer or reply to any of them.  Suddenly there was silence, after having her phone ringing and ringing almost the whole day. She got up and look at her phone and found that her phone had died because there isn't any battery left. She put it back down and happy that she is finally having some peace that she needed. 

It is already night time when her phone died. She didn't remember how she managed to walk back to her room, lie on her bed and just crying herself to sleep by the time she woke up, it was already afternoon. She realised that she won't be able to go through a day at work with her still feeling like this and she is definitely not over it so she text Jiyah telling her that she is not going for work today. Jiyah didn't question why and just acknowledge it and say she will plan something for them to do while she is gone. Then not long after that her phone had started to ring non stop. She didn't even bother to get up and just take a look as to who is calling her and instead just keep on listening to her ringtone playing over and over again. 

Somehow Mina relates a lot to the last sentence of the chorus of goodbye summer by f(x), as it is like what she is feeling now. She is feeling really sorry as she is the one who has caused all this to happen and she had ruined her summer. Her summer has been quite good until the incident happened yesterday. Now she really want to say goodbye to her summer, to all the bad memories but it isn't easy trying to step out of it and not having a constant reminder as tohow it is her fault. She sigh. At least her tears are all dried up and she isn't crying anymore. Now she just needs the courage to step out of it. She sign again. She hated being like this and most of the time she is really strong but then times like this, it is hard trying to be strong when all things point towards you as the one totally to be blamed for.  She sigh. 

"Why is my life turning out to be like this? When I am at the happiest point of my life but somehow someone just have to drag me all the way down, back to the very bottom. Why are you doing this to me??" She sigh and just then her stomach growl. She started to laugh. A laugh full of sadness. With a situation like that happening to her, yet she still can think about eating. She laughs at how she is such a heartless and evil person. She sigh. But thinking back, it has been a day since she last ate. Maybe she really need to get something to eat in order to tihnk of a solution to all this problems that she had created. Even though the idea sounds really crazy but hopefully she can think of sometihng and make everything go back to the way before.

She forced herself to get up from the bed and walk towards the kitchen to make something simple for herself but then she is clearly distracted by her thoughts and so she accidentally cut her finger. 

"Ouch it hurts..." As Mina observes her cut and try to stop the bleeding. "I should really stop getting distracted when I am cooking." and so she cooked something quick and simple and just sat down to eat to prevent herself from chopping off her fingers. She sigh and only ate a few mouths as suddenly she is feeling not much of an appetite anymore and so she just push her food away and started to wash up. She just finished and was thinking about going up to her room when the doorbell started ringing non sotp and there is someone banging hard on the door.

"Mina??!! Mina if you are inside please open the door!! Please Mina I am really worried!! Mina?? Please a reply would be goo too... Mina?? Please just let me  see you for a while and make sure that you are okay!! Please..." and then after a while there is silence and it felt like he just left.

"Sehun??!! Why is he here??!!" Mina thought and a drop of tear starts rolling down her cheeks again. 

Sehun left quietly without much luck. He had been really worried about her when he heard that she isn't coming in for work today. They were all looking forward to the class and the door to the studio open and they thought that it was Mina but then unexpectedly Jiyah came in to announce that Mina texted her to say that she is not coming in today so Jiyah came in to relay that news and also to set them some work to do in the meantime.

Sehun was clearly distracted and not paying attention to anything,  He is super worried about her, wondering why she isn't here. Is she still super upset over yesterday incident??  Is she crying alone?? And many more questions. He started to text and call her whenever he can but she never answer any of those and that is really driving him up the wall. He is really worried and there she is not answering anything, not helping him in any bit at all. Thankfully their work ended early today and so he immedaitely went over to Mina's house to check on her.

Her house was in total darkness when he had reached. It seems like no one is at home but he can't be sure. He went up, knock on the door, press on the doorbell, shout for her, creaeting so much noise that he is sure that the neighbours are going to come over and kill  him but he doesn't care. The only thing he wants to do now is to get to know how is Mina feeling, what is she doing, does she need comfort from him?? He wants to see her badly... He is going crazy nit knowing and not knowing if she is home  or not and how she is feeling and it is so frustating. He sigh not getting anything from her after so long. He walked off and entered his car. He tried calling her again but then her phone is totally off. He sigh while looking towards her house. It seems like she had disappeared from this world. He was just staring blankly at her house when a thought flashed though his mind. He took out his phone and started to dial another number.

"Hello..." The person answered.

"Hi Kuroi!! Thank goodness you answered your phone!!" Sehun said.

"Okay... This is weird. Is there a blue moon outisde or something because why are you actually calling me on your own accord??" Kuroi asked.

"Actually... I am  calling to ask if... you have any news on Mina..."

"Mina?? No... we didn't really talk lately which is weird but we are like that sometimes. If you want to know about Mina just go and find her and plus isn't she suppose to have lesson with you now?? Why are you asking such a weird question??"

"Ermmm...  don't you know that something really serious happened yesterday??"

"Huh?? What is it??"

"Ermmm... it is really serious..." With that Sehun proceed to talk about what happened yesterday where Mina's dad came over to the company to confront Mina about her composing and publicly disown her and then she cnanot stop crying over it and today it seems like she has totally disappeared from earth and she only text Jiyah to say she is not coming and then she isn't answering the phone or anything. "I am worried about her and i can't seem to reach her and I thought she will contact you guys since you all are really close and she might want to find someone to confide in but then I guess you all didn't know about it."

Kuroi was totally speechless for a while. When she finally found her voice she said, "Omg!! That happened and we all have no idea about it!! How is that possible??!! How did her dad came to know about it?? This is a disaster!! She should be crying her eyes out now and blaming herself for everything. Sigh poor thing, why does all this things have to happen to her... Now I am really worried for her and I hate how this happen when we are not next to her because if we were beside her then at least we can comfort her and maybe she won't feel so bad but then the problem is we aren't and this will be bad because it means this will take her even longer to step out of this."

"What are we going to do about it?? She is like locking everyone out of her world and this isn't good and I am going crazy not knowing anything!!"

"You have to calm down... there isn't anything much you can do now if she isn't allowing anyone in. The more you try to enter by force, the more she will feel distance with you. Just let her take her time. I will see if we can rush back early for our side and maybe comfort her and help her out of her world but then we have no guarantees because there is also time where she really won't accept anyone even if it is us and even if we are close and stuff. Just don'y worry so much. The Mina I know won't do something stupid. She just need some time to sort things out. At times like this, the more we should stand strong and rather than pitying her so that she can dependent on us and let us lead her out of her sadness."

"Okay...  I understand.  I think I can only wait and hope for the best. Thank you so much for your help. I feel so much better after talking to you."

"You are welcome. Just remember that if this kind of thing is to happen again, just inform me first thing first because I hate how I didn't know anything especially when it concerns someone I really worry and care for a lot."

"OKay... I understand."

"Well... good. Then in the case I have to fo cause I have to inform the other two and discuss over this. I will go first bye." With that Kuroi hang up even before Sheun can say anything else.  He sigh giving her house one last stare. 

"Mina..." He said softly.  He sigh again before starting his car and drive away.

Mina heard him left her house and she was so tempted to open the door to him and receive his comfort again but she doesn't want to lean onto anyone or depend on anyone because she knew that is that were to happen, she will keep relying on people and she will never be independent and also partially since young she has always been alone so she doesn't know how to rely on people and just kept on thinking that she will just be a burden to anyone else. But even if she were to receive comfort from someone, she knew that she is not going to receive it from him because he is someone that she will never get to have and it will hurt even more if she were to accept him in and then to have him leaving in the end. She continue to cry as she made her way back to her bedroom and continue to sob.

"If eonnis are here, they will know how to make me feel better."

"Why are you asking us to meet you here, Kuroi eonni?? Did something went wrong??" Vannie asked when they have all gathered at the cafe that Kuroi has asked them to meet at and she didn't say much only saying that it is for an emergency meeting.

"Ya... something bad did happen... it is about Mina..."

"What?? What happen to her?? Still sick??" Sooin asked.

"Ya... if things were that easy but no... it is about her dad... you see her dad kind of know about her guiding people on composing and he even went to the company to scold her and openly disown her... it is really bad..."

"Omg this happens when we are away??!!! This is so terrible!! What are we going to do??" Vannie said.

"She should be really sad right now. All her life she just wants to get recognition from  her family but all she got was getting disowned by them. Sigh that is really sad." Sooin said.

"Ya... and I am really worried about her so I am thinking of flying back early to check out on her because apparently I tried calling her and everything but she isn't replying... it is like she is locking everyone out of her world again. She can't keep staying like that and we have to help her to get out if it. So I am just asking if you guys want to fly back earlier I mean if you all don't want then I won't go back and will just follow your decisions but then I am just worried..."

"I don't mind going back earlier. I mean we can't just leave her alone like that. Who knows what she will do." Vannie said.

"Ya... I think it is better for us to go back early." Sooin said.

"Okay I will just check on the flights and see if there is any flights back to Korea tomorrow and inform you. So sorry you all have to cut your vacation short."

"It is okay... She is our friend too and we are also very worried about her." Vannie said.

"Ya...don't blame yourself. Oh by the way how do you even know about all this??" Sooin asked.

With that Kuroi gave a cheeky smile and said, "Oh from her boyfriend of course hehehehe~~ Her boyfriend Sehun is so worried that she is not picking up her call and hence he call me to ask if she got contact me and stuff. Haiz so sweet helps."

"Awwww this couple~~ They like each other but then they just refuse to recognise it sigh... this kids... I wonder when will they notice it??" Vannie said.

"Ya i wonder too... so tempted to just try to create an event for them so that they can recognise their love for each other and then be together already." Sooin said.

"Hahahahaha maybe we should!! Oh well I need to go back home for dinner and also we need to explain to our parents that we are leaving early so see you guys tomorrow!!" With that they all stood up and left together as their house are all really close to one another. Kuroi is feeling a bit better now that they have settled everything and are going back to check on Mina. Hopefully she is getting better and not constantly blaming and torturing herself with her thoughts. She really can't wait to get back to see her and make sure she is fine because she is really worried abd how she hopes she have teleportation skills so that she can teleport back to Korea now. She sigh. 

"Well this is going to be a long wait."

Mina was sitting down at one corner of her room. It is already afternoon and she barely slept a wink last night as she is being haunted by her own thoughts. She just sat there hugging herself tightly and she barely ate anything too. She just sat there zoning out and that is when her eonnis have all reached home. They had taken the earlies flight in the morning and managed to get back by afternoon. They had managed to come up with an excuse to avoid getting the situation too complicated and their parents were sad they were leaving early but they still let them go. They entered the house and was shocked by how quiet it is.

"Hello??" Kuroi called out. No answer and so they decided to check out Mina's  room to see if she is in or she have went out. They approached her room and upon opening it, there she was sitting there in a corner, hugging her legs tightly to herself like a poor little kid that needs helps. That sight broke their heart so much.

"Mina..."

Mina slowly turn towards the sound source and saw how her eonnis are back and without warning her tears start to flow again.

"Ya why are you crying??" Kuroi ask while going up to her to give her a comforting hug.

"It... It is just... that there are... so many problems...  happening when you... are all gone... and it is so stressing... so sad... my heart hurts..." Mina said between sobs.

"Hey hey iy is okay. We are here now. We are here for you. We know what happened.  It is okay for you not to talk about it. We understand. When you feel better already, then we will talk about it." Kuroi said.

Mina just nodded,  finally feeling so much better with her eonnis here as she knows that they will come up with something to help her get out of all this and plus it is really time to get out of all this, as it has been very long and she really need to stop mopping over it.

Her eonnis have went down to preapre dinner and had ask her to come down when she feels like it and so she dry her tears, wash her face, prepare herself, give herself some courage before she left her room, ready to step out of all this problems. 

She went down the stairs and entered the kitchen, ready to face everything, ready to face reality. Her eonnis heard her coming into the kitchen and they look up from setting up the table and take a look at Mina. Although her face doesn't show much but then they know that she is still sad over it. She took a seat and look at the food in front of her. Her eonnis took a seat at the table too.

"Try and eat something. You lost too much weight this few days. Eat even if you are not hungry." Kuroi said.

Mina just stare at the food and even though she doesn't have much appetite but she still force herself to eat some as her eonnis had cooked it for her.

"So how are you feeling now??" Vannie asked.

"...Feeling better since you guys are here but then still sad and stress over this whole problem.  SO much so I just want to run away."

"I think we should think of a solution to this. We cannot stop letting you stay like this forever. We need you to get back to your old self and therefore we need to think of a solution to solve this. The best is we can get your father to approve of what you are doing. It sounds insane but if we start little by little, it might work." Kuroi said trying to give Mina some moral boost.

"Come on!! This is not like you!! Where is the Mina that loves to laugh and eat go to?? We need you back and it is not like you to go mopping over something for so long. We need the old Mina back!!" Sooin said.

Mina look up and see the looks on her eonnis face. They look so sad underneath all that determination but they are still putting on a strong front, trying to get her out of her sadness because they knew how much Mina needs them to be strong in order for herself to be strong and step out of it. Now that she think of it, she has been doing nothing but making people worry about her throughout this few days, be it Sehun or her eonnis or everyone else that has been really worried about her. She isn't like this. She isn't the type of person to make people  worry so where is the real her. Where is she?? Because she has to stop and step out of this in order to get everything back on track and to the way before. She is a positive person and now she has her share of negative and sadness and she has to be back. It is time to face reality, time to solve everything.

"Eonnis you are right. I have been nothing but a worry this few days. I have made you guys cut short your vacation with your family so that you can care for me and also to others. I am so sorry. It is time... For me to step out of this." She stop to compose herself and took in a deep breath before saying, "It is time to face what I have done and put it back on track and stop letting people worry about me. I can do this!!"

They smile.  Finally the Mina they knew is back. Finally back. 

"It is good to have you back." Kuroi said.

"Ya!! No worries we will help you to think of a good solution to this!!" Sooin said.

"Yes just before things get worse and your dad do something even worse than to verbally scold you. I believe that scolding is the first warning for you to stop but then if you were to continue to compose, I am sure he is going to use all the resources he had to stop you so in order to do that and worse case scenario really to disown you so we have to think of something to make sure he doesn't stop you from doing something you like. We have to think of something that will please your dad." Vannie said.

"What will a businessman like him likes?? Sooin asked.

"Money,  good deals, benefits,  profits, good statistics..." Kuroi said.

Mina who has been looking down for quite a while suddenly look up, shocking everyone and she shouted, "I got it!! I got an idea!!"


ho ho ho I am back with another update~~ Sorry this update is a bit late today because asianfanfics has been giving me some problems because I like to write my story on word docs and have all the speilling grammar check before I copy and paste here but then today I can't seem to copy and paste no matter what so I have to type out the whole stroy from scratch again and it is like writing the story twice omg... But it is cool trying to see how fast I can type hahahaha~~ I am leaving now to get some other things done and to everyone having class or work tomorrow good luck and all the best!! Thankfully my class starts on Tuesday but then I still have to get my work done tomorrow so there is not much difference. Oh well... Take care everyone and enjoy reading!! :)))