Chapter 47

Wrong Star, Right Prize

2 months have past since Mina have left. After Mina’s little break down, it seems that she have change. Even though Mina still treat everyone the same, talking and smiling to them, but then Subin can sense that there is something different about her. Even though she smiles and all but then it seems that her smile doesn’t quite reach her eyes and her eyes seems a little cold, not warm like they usually are. Something sure change her after that night but then Subin doesn’t dare to ask. She is not the only one that notice the change, even some of her coursemates in school have notice the change as she is starting to keep to herself and then her besties also notice the change too and because of that, they don’t dare to mention about EXO or Sehun in front of her.

 

EXO at the same time is having their comeback with their new album and they are really busy with all the hectic schedules, promoting their album and also with their individual schedules. After their schedules, sometimes when they are more free, they will go back to train and practice before finally going home to get some rests. During this period, it seems as though Sehun is even more different than before. He is as cold as ever, but then somehow he have stopped moping over Mina every night and he doesn’t come home drunk anymore. The rest of EXO is shocked by his change and they want to ask him what happened and what caused the change but then they just didn’t have the courage to ask, not until one day…

 

EXO finally got a well deserved rest and have a off day and they decided to just gather around and enjoy each other’s company. They had a nice dinner and a few cups to drink and maybe it is because of that few drinks, it made EXO have the courage to asked the taboo question that they have always wanted to.

 

“YA Sehun!! What is wrong with you lately?? It seems as though you have change into another person… You are always moping over Mina and coming home drunk but then you are now not doing any of it so tell us what happened??” Kris asked.

 

Sehun let out a laugh, took a drink before saying, “I am trying to forget about her…”

 

“WHAT??!!” Everyone shouted. They just can’t believe what they are hearing.

 

“Wait… What did you just say?? You must be kidding… right??” Suho asked carefully.

 

“Nope. I am not kidding. I have already think through this a lot and I have made up my mind. I want to forget about her. I tried so hard. I tried everything I could to go find her, to try and explain things to her but all she did was to shut me out and refused to give me the chance to explain things to her and that made me really angry, sad and heartbroken. In the end she left and left me broken here. I know it is my fault but then she couldn’t just left me here alone and disappear somewhere else just to forget about everything. I am hurt and I am very angry and I want to forget everything that happened here, everything that had happened between us. I want to forget about her and start anew. I have enough. If she is not going to try then I am not going to try anymore.”

 

This words shocked all of them and what shocked them even more is how calm Sehun is. He is not agitated, not sad but just calm and it just seems so wrong for him to be so calm.  It is as if,  he has already set his mind to do the things that he had said. The rest of them panic. They cannot just let him do that. They are a couple that they really liked and they just can’t allow them to break up like that and especially so when they know how important they are to each other. They were just too speechless to say anything and Sehun just stood up and said, “I am just going to rest first. Hyungs shouldn’t stay up too late too. Have a good rest. Nights.” With that Sehun turned around and entered into the bedroom.

 

Once inside his bedroom, he sat down blankly on his bed, thinking about the words he had said just now. Is he really going  to do what he says?? Forget about Mina?? Is he able to do that?? He doesn’t know anymore. He felt really confused and sad about everything but then maybe just maybe, if forgetting about her will get rid of this emotions that he is really tired of feeling, then maybe he should really forget about her. He took Brown and looked at him for a while and without warning his tears start rolling down and he mumbled to himself, “Do I really want to forget her?? Can I really forget her?? I don’t know… I don’t know anymore…  Someone please… please help me…”

 

After that day, Sehun changed. He had made up his mind and he really is trying his best to forget about her. He just keep on focusing on his work and nothing else and he is using his work to forget about Mina. He work even harder than everyone else, hardly taking any rests and this worried the rest of the members and there isn’t anything that they can do to stop him. During this period, the rest of the members are also trying very hard to attempt to change his mindset of forgetting about Mina but then whenever they tried to talk or bring up about Mina, he just coldly said, “Don’t ever mention that name in front of me ever again!!” That shocked everyone and now they knew that things are really going bad and they really have to do something immediately.

 

“What are we going to do??” Tao said as once again when they tried to bring up Mina but then Sehun just shut them down coldly and walked away.

 

“I think this calls for an emergency meeting. I am gonna contact Mina’s besties and talk about this.” Kris said.

 

“Okay that is a good idea. It is a time for a meetup.” Suho agreed.

 

“What??!! Did you just say that Sehun oppa… says he is going to for… forget about Mina??!! But but how and why?? I don’t get it!!” Kuroi said out loud in frustration. They have all gathered at Mina’s house once again and they have just met and they are already being hit by news like this.

 

“Calm down okay??” Kris said softly to Kuroi, attempting to calm her down and Kuroi glare at him and raise her voice saying, “Calm down??!! Calm down?? How can I calm down when this kind of thing is happening??”

 

“But then it doesn’t mean that you should just go all crazy over it. You should just calm down and then see if we can do something about it and change the situation around.”

 

“I understand but then who are you to tell me what to do anyway huh??!!”

 

“Ya!! Ya!! How can you say something like that??!!”

 

Kuroi is just about to fight back when Baekhyun cleared his throat and said, “Okay okay guys enough of lover’s squabble here. We still have more important things to discuss here so quarrel later okay?? I will make sure I pay attention to what you two lovebirds have to say~~”

 

“Ya!! Byun Baekhyun!!” The both of them shouted at the same time glaring at Baekhyun, giving him a shock and he used his both hands to cover his face to avoid eye contact with them.

 

“Eonni… Calm down, like he said, it is really not the time for this. We have discuss about Sehun and Mina so calm down okay??” Vannie said and Kuroi listen and took in some air to calm herself down.

 

“Okay then… so Sehun… he really said something like this??”

 

“Ya he did and we were shocked and after he said that, he changed, and we don’t know what to do about it and therefore this.” Luhan said.

 

“This seems like a really complicated situation that I also don’t know what we should do about it.” Kuroi mumbled.

 

“Okay… then what about Mina?? Last time you mention Sehun to her what happened??” Xiumin asked.

 

“Her reaction wasn’t really good also. We just mention it and she just cover her ears refusing to hear anything more.”

 

“Don’t tell me… Mina is also thinking of forgetting about him too right??” Kai mumbled out in shocked.

 

“That is what I am worried about… but then you never know… I mean it is a month since she break down, there are so many things that happen in between now and then so maybe she have to change her mind or something…” Vannie mumbled softly.

 

“You are right. Maybe it is time to try again and see what is her reaction.” Kuroi said.

 

“Then it is settled. We will follow this plan while in the meantime, we tried to see if we can change Sehun’s mind while you check on Mina.” Suho said. Everyone agreed and they stayed for a while before leaving.

 

“How are you??” Sooin asked.

 

“I am fine. How about you all?? Have you been eating fine and all??” Mina replied. It has been a few days after the meeting with the rest of the EXO oppas and it also has been a while since they last have a video  call with Mina.

 

“We are fine. Don’t worry.” Vannie replied and they fell into silence and just look at each other. Mina’s eonnis examine Mina and they notice that she has  gotten a lot thinner since the last time they have seen her and looked more tired than before and their hearts hurt seeing her like that.

 

After a while, Kuroi broke the silence and said, “We got something to say and it is about… Sehun…”

 

Mina looked shocked and wanted to stop Kuroi from speaking but then before she can do that Kuroi said  with full of authority, “Don’t stop me just yet. Just listen to what I have to say for once please.” Hearing that sentence and seeing her pleading eyes, Mina just fell silent and not say anything.

 

“Thank you.” Kuroi thank softly before continuing, “Well… It seems that Sehun has made up his mind. He is going to forget about you, forget all the things that happened between the both of you…” Kuroi said gently while observing Mina’s expressions. It seems that she is not breaking down or angry or anything… Just calm, very calm.

 

“That is what he should do. Forget about me. He has done well.”

 

“What??!! How can you say something like that??!! Shouldn’t you be doing something about it?? Like break down or cry or be angry about it or call him now to shout at him to change his mind or something instead of just sitting here and do nothing looking fine and all??!! You guys are meant for each other and you are just going to let this chance slip away just like that because of some stupid misunderstanding??!! I know it hurts but then isn’t it time to step out of all that and clear things up instead of going through this extreme way of forgeting each other and then end up losing one another?? You are more clever than that Mina so stop with all this stupid acts!!” Kuroi shouted, angry at what she is saying and how she is not doing anything about.

 

Mina did not fight back or anything and after a while she said calmly, “I have bring him so much sadness and now I just left him without saying anything, like I have abandon him and it is only right that he just… leave me… like that we are even.”

 

“Mina…” Kuroi called out to her softly. It is not suppose to be like that, this is not suppose to happen. Everything is just going wrong.

 

“I am fine eonni. I am. Don’t worry. I feel lighter than before, more happier and I can finally let down the guilt that I am feeling towards him. Don’t worry. If there isn’t anything I still have a lot of work that needs to be completed so I will be leaving now.”

 

“Okay then… see you.” Vannie said.

 

Mina gave a small smile before going offline. Once offline, the tears that had threatened to fall, starts rolling down uncontrollably down her face. He is going to forget about her. Is this what she really want?? Is this what she hopes to achieve?? She doesn’t know but then he deserves it, he deserves to be happy again. A person like her won’t be capable of giving him the happiness that he deserves and therefore she should let go of him.

 

“This is the right thing to do. He deserves to let go of all the pain and sadness that I have caused him and be truly happy again.” Even though she have set her mind on letting go but then her tears cannot stop flowing and no matter what she do, she just cannot stop it especially with that thought of Sehun. “I have to be strong. I have already set my mind. If he is going to forget me then I will too. But for today… will be the last day I shed my tears for him.”

 

3 months have passed since Mina have left and EXO’s schedules by now have calm down a little and therefore they have more time for themselves. It seems as if Sehun has really set his mind and he is back to normal, talking to people, smiling to them and interacting with them. His hyungs are really happy for him but then they wished that maybe he shouldn’t just let go of Mina so easily. But he seems really stubborn and refused to listen to anyone no matter how hard they tried.

 

Somehow during this period, Sehun can be seen spending some time in the studio composing or when back at the dorm, he will be seen spending some time with his laptop composing. He also started to talk a lot about composing with Chanyeol and Lay and also the composers at the company, sharing knowledge with one another and also learning from one another the skills and letting each other listen to what they have and improve on it.

 

The rest of the members were shocked by what he is doing because even though they know that Sehun have been a little interested in composing beforehand but then he has never been the type to compose at all unless needed but now he is actually doing it on his own accord shocks them and what makes it even more shocking is that he is really working hard on it and is very focus and sometimes he even work late into the night, trying to complete his work.

 

One day, it is already late into the night and Suho is just making his way home from the company after completing his own schedules and he suddenly walk pass the studio that Sehun have been using for his composing works and he see that the door is slightly ajar with light coming out from it and in worry he entered the room and sees that Sehun is still there working on his composing.

 

“Hey.” Suho called out softly but it seems that Sehun is too engrossed in his work to hear him and therefore he walk up towards him and tap him on the shoulder, causing Sehun to jump in shock at his sudden appearance.

 

He took out his earpiece and said, “Hyung!! You scare me!! When did you come in here??”

 

“I came in for a while already but then you didn’t seem to notice me until I tap you. But by the way, it is already so late, why are you still here?? You should go home and get some rest~~ Come on come with hyung and let’s go home together~~”

 

“No hyung… I still got some parts I want to work on… You can go back first…”

 

“But it is already so late and you need rests for the schedules tomorrow. Come on!!”

 

“It’s okay hyung… I will be fine. Don’t need to worry about me.”

 

“Fine then you stubborn child.” Suho grumbled a little as he watch Sehun go back to doing his work and after a while Suho asked curiously, “Why did you suddenly so interested in and focus on composing?? I didn’t remember you being so enthusiastic about it in the past… What change you…??”

 

Sehun awkwardly stopped what he is doing and somehow the atmosphere in the room turn a little tense. Sehun gave a little smile before after a while said, “Well… Mina change me…”

 

“Huh??!! But but how can that be… I thought you are going to forget about Mina or is it you… change your mind??!!” Suho looked at him with bright eyes, feeling really happy as he is finally seeing a light to this problem after so long!! If he change his mind, then everything is going to be fine again!!

 

“I did… in the beginning, the moment that I told you that I want to forget about her, I did and I tried really hard. Everyday I busy myself with everything, with work, with people so that I wouldn’t have the free time to think about her and this continue on and it actually worked. Slowly I am starting to forget about her and then slowly one day, I didn’t even think about her at all throughout the whole day. I have succeeded and that carried on for a few days and I was really proud of myself but then suddenly I feel really sad and depressed, because I am forgetting about her and suddenly I hate that feeling, I hate the feeling of being able to forget about her and i don’t want that to happen and therefore I start to find things to make me remember her again and that is when I know that she has a really important place in my heart and I realise I love her… I really love her so much… and I couldn’t bare the thought of forgetting about her anymore...” At the end of the explanation, Sehun could not hold on to his tears and feelings anymore and just broke down and cry.

 

Suho just sit there with him, letting him cry to his heart's content while he comfort him. After a while of crying, he finally controlled his feelings a bit before giving a bright smile and said, “Because I don’t want to forget about her, that is why I am doing something that she likes to do too and that is composing. Everytime I see someone compose,  it just reminds me so much of her and that is when I realised if I am going to remember her, I am going to compose and that is why I started it. At first it is a chore because I am really not very good in it but then slowly it gets more and more fun and I am loving it and loving how I can just put what I am feeling into notes and transforms all those notes into melodies that are able to capture everyone. If can, I would want my work to be showcase and hopefully it can reach her and show her that I still care and I want her back no matter what...”

 

“Ya!! It is just how long since we last chat and you look like a freaking ghost!! What happened to you??!! Didn’t I remind you to eat well and take care of yourself?? Have you disobey my words again??!!” Kuroi scolded angrily upon seeing Mina once again. Mina look so tired and she have more weight and that is making her looking way more older than she really is and that is actually a very scary sight.

 

“I didn’t disobey your words… it is just that I wasn’t able to sleep well at night that’s all.”

 

“What did you even do to make yourself unable to sleep at all at night?? That is so unlike you!! What exactly happen??!! You better tell me the truth!! Is it because someone is bullying you and then you start crying yourself to sleep and then ended up losing sleep because of that is it??” Kuroi pressed on, forcing Mina to speak.

 

“It is nothing… there isn’t anyone that is bullying me… it is just… just… Sehun…” Mina mumbled.

 

“Sehun??!! Why is he even bothering you making you unable to sleep?? I thought you already made up  your mind that you are going to forget about him so that shouldn’t be a problem right?? So what is it this time??” Sooin asked.

 

“You see… I tried to forget about him but then it turns out harder than I thought. The more I want to forget about him, the more I remember about him and it just gets more difficult to forget about him, as all the memories I have with him just keep on replaying over and over again in my head and it is… I… I just can’t… it just made me unable to do it, I can’t  forget about him and this just shows how much I love him. I love him a lot and it isn’t easy just trying to erase him like that from my heart… it is impossible now and if I were to erase him, a part of my heart will also be erase and disappear along with him. I love him eonni and I really really do.”

 

“If you love him, then tell him, and get him back to your side.” Sooin said.

 

“I can’t…” Mina sob. “I can’t… after causing him so much pain, he must have been hurt really hard so how is he going to accept me back again?? It just seems impossible… What should I do eonni to bring him back to me?? What should I do??” Mina asked as she starts to cry harder.

 


ho ho ho~~ i am back with an update todaaayyy~~ Don't know I will be doing a double update or not next week because I will be on vacation from friday onwards to sunday and therefore I won't be able to update so I am still thinking if I want to push it forward or back or something for a triple update... well this have to see but I will let you guys know hahahaha~~ so sad I didn't get to watch my cn samchons on inkigayo and also superman returns because I wasn't at home sobs... I guess I have to catch up but then being a lazy human bean that I am... I am really too lazy hahahaha~~ someone got to save me on this~~ So happy that Park Hae Jin is in Singapore hehehehe not that I am a fan but everytime a Korean star come to Singapore I am just as happy as ever helpsss~~ but he sure is handsome helpsss~~ On a good note, we will  be seeing a light in this story soon so keep a lookout on it~~ Oh well I am going to go~~ Take care of yourself and enjoy reading!! :))))