Chapter 8

Wrong Star, Right Prize

The next morning, Mina is being waken up by the sound of her alarm. After cleaning up, she went down for breakfast, which is already being prepared by Kuroi. “Thanks omma for the breakfast.” Mina said while bowing to Kuroi.

 

“YA!! How many times do I have to tell you that I am not your omma  but your eonni.  Oh gosh. Faster sit down and have your breakfast if not you will be late for school.”

 

“Ne. Eonni~~” Mina smiled and sink her teeth into the food Kuroi prepared. Mina liked how she is the maknae, and the eonnis always pamper her with all the different food and always not allowing her to cook despite her trying to offer her help as they said they are afraid that she will burn down the whole kitchen. They are all food lovers and they won’t mind walking to different places to try out new types of unique food.

 

While Mina is trying to savour the food that is being prepared by her eonni, suddenly her phone started going, “You have a message please readeeuu~~” Mina picked up a phone to see that she is being added to a new group so she open up and see that Baekhyun have added her and the rest of the members and it goes something like this:

 

Baekhyunee_exo added 12 other members into the group.

 

Baekhyunee_exo: Hi hi~~ I have added everyone into this group so that in case if we any problems in composing, we can ask our teacher here and she can help us and we can learn from there. So let’s learn well together~~

 

Leader_Suho: Hi~~ Let’s all learn well together and listen well to our teacher~~

 

Galaxy_fanfan: Ya… and if teacher needs us to bring anything, she can also mention it here.

 

Real_pcy: Please look after me well~~ hehehehehe~~

 

7_luhan_m: yo yo yo man~~

 

xiumin90: Hello~~

 

----- A few minutes of silence… -----

 

Baekhyunee_exo: Aish.. why is this chat so dead… no worries I  know how to spice it up!! I know this will come in useful sooner or later hahahaha!! here you go!!

 

Baekhyunee_exo sends a photo

 

MinaDong: YEAHH BYUN BAEKHYUN WHAT IS THIS??!! WHY DID YOU SEND THIS HERE?? YOU BETTER DELETE THIS FROM THIS CHAT AND YOUR PHONE!!

 

Real_pcy: wow really daebak HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

 

ChennieChenChen: HAHAHAHAHAHA I approve of this!!

 

Leader_Suho: Ya kids!! You guys are just talking about listening well to the teacher a few minutes ago and what are you guys doing now?? better stop this.

 

Galaxy_fanfan: guys please listen to the leaders and stop this

 

DoKyungsoo: ……

 

Kim_Kaaaaa: wow when is this taken how come i did not know about this?? that’s not fair!! someone please update me pleaseee~~

 

zyxzjs: please everyone calm down~~

 

oohsehun: YA YA!! HYUNG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME!! THE APPROPRIATE TIMING YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT IS THIS?? OH GOSH HYUNG PLEASE DELETE THIS!!

 

hztttao: Mei Mei and Sehunnie looks so good together awwwww~~ i love it~~

 

Baekhyunee_exo: wow sending this photo really works!! hahahahaha!! look at this!! Suddenly everyone is alive in this chat!! Even our Kyungsoo is alive even though he never say anything but just dots ho ho ho~~ it is an achievement!!

 

---- A few minutes later -----

 

MinaDong: Why is it so quiet here?? Ya everyone come back this is not what you think it is!!

 

DoKyungsoo: Sorry, we were away to settle some things.

 

ChennieChenChen: OMG!! Mina ssi you miss out all the fun!! It is so sad you didn’t see how Kyungsoo went over to hit Baekhyun because of what he said in this chat!! HAHAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY I CANNOT!!

 

MinaDong: so you guys are together now??

 

Kim_Kaaaaa: ya, we are still in the dorm because we got no schedule for the whole day today other than your class. Soooo Mina ssi and Sehun are officially together??

 

MinaDong: NOOOO!!!

 

oohsehun: NOOOO!!!

 

7_luhan_m: but seriously though are you guys really not together because you guys reply at the exact same time and the same number of ‘O’s and exclamation marks. You guys really have some telepathy going on there.

 

oohsehun: Luhan Hyung!! I thought we were really close so why are you doing this to me… T-T

 

7_luhan_m: hahahahaha!! so sorry but i love teasing you because the face you made when you are being tease is so cute~~ Should I take a photo for you Mina ssi??

 

MinaDong: It is okay Luhan ssi… that won’t be necessary but seriously guys you all got it mistaken, it isn’t what you think it is!! It just so happen that I wasn’t paying attention to where I am going so I accidentally bump into Sehun ssi and Baekhyun ssi just so happen to be there to take the photo. Please understand guys… T-T

 

Kim_Kaaaaa: This is so sad… sobs I thought our maknae Sehunnie has grown up and not ignore girls like he used to but i guess i was wrong… i am so sad

 

Real_pcy: so saddd my ship did not sail but no worries i am waiting for the day it will start sailing again hehehehehe~~ :)))

 

hztttao: i am so sad Mei Mei and Sehunnie are not together… but i will still be supporting you guys TT-TT

 

Baekhyunee_exo: MY OTP WHY YOU DO THIS DO ME?? MY HEART JUST BROKE INTO A ZILLION PIECES!! I AM GOING TO GO TO A CORNER AND CRY A RIVER AND NAME IT AFTER ME!!

 

MinaDong: Ya!!! What kind of reaction is this?? Is this the reality you guys wanted??

 

Baekhyunee_exo: YES YOU AND SEHUN TOGETHER THAT IS THE REALITY WE WANTED SO CAN YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN PRETTY PLEASEEEEEE??!!

 

oohsehun: Ya!! Hyung!! Stop it all of you!!

 

xiumin90: actually…. i feel kind of sad too hahahaha~~

 

7_luhan_m: me too hahahaha~~

 

MinaDong: omg not the two most oldest members too sobs… TT-TT

 

Leader_Suho: Aye guys stop fooling around and teasing them!! Since they already said they are not in a relationship then we should stop teasing them about it.

 

Baekhyunee_exo: Aish Suho hyung always have to come in and ruin everything tsk tsk… oh well i cannot tease you for now but I will  make sure I tease you the next time!! better watch out muhahahahaha!!

Still keeping the photo and everyone has a copy now hehehehe~~ let’s see what they will do with it~~

 

MinaDong: Aish Byun Baekhyun where are you!! you come back here!!

 

But no matter how long Mina waits they never reply again in that chat, for that day. She scroll up to the top and look at the photo that Baekhyun had sent. After taking a closer look, she finally knows why all the other exo members mistook them as a couple because the way they are looking into each other's eyes, and the position that they are in, nobody wouldn’t have believe they are not a couple.

 

Mina is still staring at the photo when suddenly Kuroi lean in and start to peep at her phone and MIna sense it and look at her and at the process, hide her phone too. The rest of her eonnis saw everything, right from the beginning when her phone indicate that there is a message and they saw how her expressions changes throughout the whole period she is on her phone so they got curious and signal to Kuroi to peep at her phone.

 

“You are behaving very weirdly lately. Care to explain??” Kuroi asked.

 

“There is nothing… you don’t need to worry about anything.” Mina said while stuffing herself with food.

 

“Oh I just remember something!! We are going to try the new cafe down the street today after school today right?? Everyone is free right??” Sooin asked.

 

“Oh sorry i can’t make it today, i have to work at my part time job today.” Mina said.

 

“Oh yeahhh!! You work at a cafe right?? Why not we go to your workplace to visit you!! It will be fun!!” Vannie said.

 

“NOOOO Don’t come to my workplace!!!” Mina shouted suddenly and the rest of her eonnis are shocked.

 

“Why?? Why we cannot visit you at your workplace?? You are being very weird.” Vannie said.

 

“Ermmm… I will get very distracted and I want to chat with you all more than I want to work and so I will be fired so let’s not play with chances. You guys can just go ahead to the waffle store you always wanted to try.”

 

“Okay fine. But we would like to have a meal with you soon… it is like so difficult to have a simple dinner with you nowadays.” Kuroi said.

 

“I am so sorry my eonnis!! I will make sure I make time for you guys soon!! I am sorry!!”

 

“You are forgiven!! Let’s eat quickly and get to school!!” Said Vannie.

 

Throughout the day, the day pass by smoothly in school. While the time for the composing class creeps closer, Mina but can’t help but to be worried about what is going to happen today. “I can expect more teasing coming from them.” Mina thought to herself. When the time comes, Mina bid goodbye to her eonnis and left for the company. Thankfully the company is just a 15 mins walk from her school. By the time she reach the company, she still have some time to spare and she entered the company and at the corner of her eye, she saw someone sitting on the sofa on the reception area, using his phone.

 

Mina starts to walk quickly as she doesn’t want to be seen by the person sitting on the sofa because the person is none other than Sehun and she can guess what is going to happen next so she is trying to avoid him and hence she walk quietly pass him and decided to take the other route and she is so close to escaping when she heard a faint cough followed by a “Mina ssi.”

 

Mina have no choice but to turn around and see that Sehun have stood up from the sofa and is looking at her. “Mina ssi, where are you going?? Isn’t the studio this way??” Sehun said while pointing at the corridor opposite from where Mina is going.

 

“Act blur act blur. Even though my sense of direction is very good but i am just pretending to not know my way so that I can avoid him. I am so not going to say that out.” Mina thought to herself. “Oh really…?? Sorry I haven’t been here long enough… i must have forgotten my way.. so sorry…”

 

“It is okay.”

 

So in the end, Mina escape plan failed and now she is stuck walking to the studio along with Sehun. Mina let out a sigh of relief because at least Sehun didn’t notice anything wrong but she really feel like having a mental breakdown by being caught by him trying to escape. “This is so embarrassing and awkward” Mina thought to herself and trying to avoid all contact with Sehun as much as possible.

 

Actually Sehun knew that she is trying to escape because from the very moment she step into the company, he had already seen her and see how she purposely took the other route instead of the one they always took and even though she lied that she forgot her way but then they have been taking this route for a while and she manage to find her way to the class yesterday so how come she cannot find it today when it is just one day apart. She can’t possibly lost all her memories in one day. Even though he know, he didn’t expose her because he thinks maybe she is still awkward about the thing that had happened this morning and hence wanted to avoid as much as possible. He doesn’t blame her and kind of understand why she did that because if he was to be in her spot, he would have done the same thing too. Maybe not even come for work for a week or something but at least she isn’t this irresponsible. The walk towards the studio is very quiet,  they didn’t talk at all, and not even when they have stepped into the studio. Everyone turned their head when they walked in, where Mina just walked to the front of the class while Sehun went back to his seat.

 

They greeted Mina again as if they are students studying in school and Mina didn't even bother to say anything since the last time she tried to stop it, it failed so she decided that she will ignore it.

 

"Hello!! So today we will be starting with our composing class so i hope you bring your materials. I will be providing the top 5 genres that you guys have chosen and you can choose one of the five genres to work on and come up with a 30 seconds short composition of it and i will grade you all based on that, when you guys are doing presentation later. Any questions??"

 

"I have a question." Baekhyun said. "Sehun asked if you have eaten dinner??"

 

"Ya!!" Mina and Sehun said together.

 

"Why do you have to keep dragging me in" Sehun asked. "I did not ask that question." He said that out loud so that Mina won't mistook it.

 

"Byun Baekhyun!! You are just like a kid do you know especially when you are teasing people like that. For your information, i haven't had my dinner, and my stomach might just growl so bear with it but i will eat later so don't worry too much and stop dragging Sehun into this."

 

"Aigooo you are protecting Sehun~~ how cute is that~~"

 

"YA!!!!"

 

"Okay guys stop it, let's just carry on with the class." Suho said and stopped the fight.

 

While Mina is continuing with class, Sehun is thinking about how Mina had just step in and asked Baekhyun to stop disturbing him, which is something that really shocked him and he didn't predict she will do it at all. He is really changing his perspective on this lady.

 

"So the top 5 genres will be r&b, ballad, dance, hip hop and jazz, so just need to choose one and do okay. If you all need help can always ask me. Remember only work related ones." Mina said while facing Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun smiled sheepishly. "Okay if you guys have nothing to ask, you can go on with your work now, as like last lesson, you can do anything you want in this 2 hours so long as you finish the work and present in the end. Oh ya about the instruments you want to use to compose, you can use any instruments you like but make sure don't use too much as it might get too complicated so start with like 2 first and then you can improve from there and it is individual work not group work.. Okay get to work." Mina said and went to her desk. The rest of the members also get to their own desks and get to do their stuff.

 

While they are working, suddenly Chanyeol exclaimed, "Ahhh i can't work, i am too hungry to think!! I need fooooooodddd!!"

 

"Me too I am hungry... shall we go get some food first??" Xiumin said.

 

"But then i think i am already really behind time, based on the amount of work I have just done so i think if i go, i might not be able to finish and hand up on time." Luhan said.

 

"Why not we asked someone to help get food then, like that we can all continue with our work!!" Suho suggested.

 

"Oh!!! That is a really good idea!! But then who do we asked??" Kris said.

 

"Oh!!! I know hehehehehe~~" and with that Baekhyun turned to look at Mina and Sehun whom both looked up at the same time.

 

"Ya Byun Baekhyun!! I don't mind going because I am free but then don't dragged Sehun in. He needs to do his work." Mina said.

 

"YA!! I haven’t even say anything yet why are you being so defensive all of the sudden especially towards Sehun hmmmm?? Baekhyun teased.

 

“I…. I…” and Mina started to blush.

 

“It is okay you don’t have to say anything. I know I know. But I was intend going to suggest the both of them to go because i am scared that Mina won't be able to carry back all the food by herself so i decided to send some help for you and plus he is the maknae he should help." Baekhyun said.

 

"But then... it isn't fair to him and I am not as weak as you think I am." Mina mumbled.

 

"It is okay Mina ssi, I am fine going with you as I don’t think it will take us a lot of time to just get food and plus i got some composing questions to ask you too so i can ask along the way."

 

"But then Sehun ssi..."

 

"Aish no more buts i am coming, so hyungs what do you all want to eat??" Sehun asked.

 

The rest of the exo members started to shout their orders and Sehun took it down on a paper before they left the room to get the food and before they left, Baekhyun shouted, "Come back soon our Minhun couple~~"

 

"Aish!!" Mina and Sehun said together before leaving the room together.

 

The beginning of the walk was a bit quiet because of Baekhyun's words so nobody said anything and remain silent especially Mina who keeps on thinking about why she is being so defensive over Sehun out of no reason. “What is wrong with me?? Why am I behaving like this?? I am just standing up for a friend that’s all a friend… nothing much…”

 

They contniue to be silent until a while later when suddenly Sehun broke the silence and said, "So... Mina ssi about the composing, i have some questions."

 

"Okay, what is it??" All eyes and ears are on him as Mina listen attentively to what he has to say.

 

"I don't know which genre to choose and how to start."

 

"Hmmm... out of the genres that I have given you, is there a particular genre that you like more than the rest??"

 

"Ermmm... hip hop."

 

"Then maybe you can do hip hop then since you like hip hop so you should have listen to a lot of songs that is related to hip hop and hence you will have a rough idea of how it is like and so it will be easier for you to work on."

 

"I see... what if my memory fail me and I can’t specifically remember how the songs goes like and then what should i do??"

 

"Then you can do some research about hip hop and see what type of scales they use or the tempo commonly used or some of the characteristics that is being used inside the genre and so on and then from there you can try doing yours and also going back to listen to the hip hop songs that you like so as to help you generate some ideas. If can you can also look up some of the music scores that uses hip hop as a genre and from there, you can do something similar but make sure not to plagiarise. You can also refer and use it as a guide and but never to copy."

 

And they continue to chat about composing stuff and unknowingly, they have reached the cafeteria and Kim Tae In who was also working that day, happen to see them coming in together. They are both smiling and super engrossed in their own conversations.

 

"Hmmm this is so weird i thought Sehun oppa doesn't like to get really close to ladies?? But why do they seem so close??" Kim Tae In thought to herself. She is a die hard EXO fan and she had sneaked into the company just so that she can get closer to her EXO oppas but looking at how she is working at the cafeteria now, it isn't really successful but at least it is better than nothing. She had tried to apply for a job that will bring her closer to being with her oppas, like a stylist but she was rejected so she can only worked in the cafeteria. She also came from a well to do family and has absolutely no need to work here but as long as there is a chance to get up close and personal with her oppas, she doesn't mind it at all.

 

When Tae In sees them getting closer and closer and with just a few steps away, she snapped out from her thoughts and greeted them.

 

"Hey!! Aren't you the lady that just entered the company not long ago??"

 

"Yup hahahaha~~ i see that you have remembered me."

 

"But i am curious though?? Why are you doing here with Sehun oppa?? Waitttt!!! Don't tell me.... Don’t tell me the idols that you are guiding is EXO??!!"

 

"Ya..."

 

"Omgg!!! Then shouldn't you be really happy because you are working with one of the top rising stars in this industry and they are so hot and talented and handsome??"

 

"Ermm..." Just when Mina is trying to think of an answer to give Tae In, Sehun butted in instead.

 

"I think she is more willing to guide f(x) noonas than us since she is a die hard f(x) fan."

 

"Ya!! OH SEHUN!!" and Mina slapped him on the arm.

 

"OUCH!! IT HURTS YOU KNOW!! why are you always hitting me?? I am speaking the truth!! Isn't that the truth?? If not tell me!!"

 

With two people staring intently at her, trying to force the truth out through their eyes, Mina really don't want to lie so she said, "Ya... you are right Sehun ssi. I will be more happy to work with f(x) eonnis than them since partially the reason why i got in here is due to a competition they held for f(x) eonnis anyways.”

 

The both of them were staring at Mina in shock, like they couldn't believe it so Mina continued and said, "I mean who doesn't want to work with their idols?? If there is a chance, everyone would want to do it."

 

When she ended her speech, Sehun happily said, "See I told you!! She like f(x) noonas more than us."

 

"YA!!!" Mina shouted and raised her hand again, almost slapping Sehun but he manage to dodge away just in time and said, "Wow you are really like Kyungsoo hyung, so scary."

 

Mina threaten to slap him again and he kept quiet and she said, "haiz... let's just buy our food and get back to class so you can work on your composing." With that Sehun pass the slip of paper with all the food orders to Tae In to prepare.

 

While Tae In is preparing the food, she can hear Sehun disturbing Mina, asking her if she likes EXO or not and Mina is like stop it, but he continues to bug her until Mina goes yahh!! And he stopped but then Sehun started to burst out in laughter and Mina also starts to join in and in the end the both of them were laughing. Tae In had secretly glance at them and Sehun look genuinely very happy while disturbing Mina, laughing and bugging her, which is something that she has never seen him behave all the way from right before when she became a fan. Something is really wrong here.

 

Mina and Sehun didn't notice that Tae In was looking at them as they continue to laugh, enjoying the conversation they had and just then Tae In came back with all their food, all neatly packed into 2 plastic bags and Mina paid for the food.

 

"Yahh i should be the one paying for the food!! Why did you pay it?? I mean not i pay but i pay first then i get it back from my hyungs."

 

"Nahh it is okay. Just take it as a form of bribing from this so call teacher so that you all will behave and do well in my class. But then as your so called teacher, it is my duty to treat my students once in awhile, especially a bunch of adorable yet annoying kids who have took care of me well."

 

"Awwwww~~ the way you said it sounds like you do like us."

 

"Hey i didn't imply anything okay." Mina said while she raised her hand and grab one of the plastic bags.

 

"YA!! What are you doing??" Sehun shouted.

 

"Holding a bag of food. That's what i am doing." Mina said.

 

"Aish. It is so heavy give it to me, i will carry it."

 

"No it is not heavy and i should help you to carry too. It isn't fair if you carry all of it."

 

"No as a gentlemen, i will not let you carry it." And with that Sehun snatch that plastic bag of food away from Mina's hands and at the same time got the other one.

 

"Since when are you a gentlemen??" Mina asked while laughing.

 

"Ya!! I have always been one it is just that you haven't seen it before. Since you want to help me so badly then you can take the utensils and napkins." Sehun said while pushing the utensils into Mina's hands.

 

"Ya!! How is this even helping you out?? Haiz... oh well Tae In we will come back soon!! Thank you!!" With that both Sehun and Mina bowed.

 

"Oh okay!! Come back soon and enjoy the food!!" Tae In said and Mina and Sehun left the place.

 

When they have left, Tae In said, "How dare she!! She doesn't know how lucky she is to work with EXO. What?? I want to work with f(x) noonas instead. Who are you to even say that, when my only dream is to work with EXO and somehow my dream doesn’t even get fulfilled even when i have work so hard while you are able to get it like it is the easiest thing in the world. I will show you that you are nothing and who are you to stand so close to my Sehun oppa?? He is my bias in the group, and who are you to laugh so heartily with him?? He is mine and only mine and will always be mine." And with that she threw the cloth that she has been holding in her hands and walk away.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am here to deliver another update today~~ So sad my school is starting in 4 days time and it is weird to be back to school after 8 months of not studying as i was on school internship~~ I am worried I am not able to catch up with work and it is the last semester so I really need to work hard in order to pass well and not disappoint my parents... sigh the stress and I am also worried that I won't be able to update or write often because I will be in school the whole day sighhh... why do holidays have to end sobs... But funny thing is my mum didn't even know my school is starting soon and I told her that today and she got a shock so funny hahahaha~~ oh well i will do my best and to everyone in school or working now all the best!! we can all do this together!! Okay I am leaving now extra long chapter for you guys!! (This is the longest chapter so far hahahaha!!) Everyone enjoy reading!! :)))