Chapter 37

Wrong Star, Right Prize

They reached school and as usual, they wanted to walk in through the main gates to the school but then suddenly Mina got a feeling that the bullies might just be waiting for her at the main gates and therefore she stop her eonnis and said, “They might be already at the main gates so let’s take the side gates today.” Her eonnis nodded and they quickly ran to the side gates before anyone can see them. They let out a sigh of relief when they see the side gates free from people that are after Mina. They happily enter the gates but then once inside the school, they had to be very focus again in order not to get caught and so Mina moves swiftly across the crowd. She is thankful that there is a crowd and everyone is more concern about getting class then about them and therefore they were able to get to class safely. It took some effort for her eonnis to catch up and almost lost her in the process but thankfully they were able to catch up in the end.

 

As Sooin and Vannie is from a different course so they left for their class which is a few blocks down from theirs while Mina and Kuroi just settle at the back, close to the back door of the class which makes it easier for them to escape if there is a need. Her bullies in the meantime, are still waiting for Mina and is starting to wonder why she hasn’t appear yet and they are thinking that maybe Mina had just gotten scared of them therefore had decided to stay at home, which means that whatever they are doing is working and that made them very happy and they decided that they should just go to class before they are late. They start walking happily towards class and that is when things all go haywire when they saw Mina there at the last row.

 

“How…  How??”  One of them blurted out while looking at Mina who is currently sitting peacefully at the back.

 

“We made sure that we look through each and everyone that walk through the front gate so we shouldn’t have miss her or something… Something must have went wrong...” Another said.

 

“How can something went wrong??!! It means that you guys are definitely not paying attention and therefore have missed her!!” The leader of the group shouted at them. The leader of the group wanted to storm right up to Mina to give her a piece of her mind when suddenly the teacher came in and they don’t want to cause any troubles that will make the teacher expel them and therefore they went back to their seat quietly and prepare for class. They curse under their breath when they see how lucky Mina is.

 

“We have to make sure we get her later.”

 

The class went by and it is quickly coming to an end and it’s time for lunch break, which means that it is time for Mina to make her escape soon and therefore when it is almost the end of the class, Mina told Kuroi eonni to help her take down some of the notes left and she quickly escaped from the back door without any sound and into the empty corridor. She quickly escaped up the school’s rooftop before anyone notices and text her eonnis to meet her there for lunch. She settle down at one corner of the rooftop,  basking in the warm sunlight and enjoying the little peace that she had at the moment.

 

Class ended and the first thing that the bullies did were to find Mina and stop her before she can escape and therefore they looked towards the back and they only see an empty chair with no Mina in it. They quickly scan the room to see if she is among the crowd that is exiting the room but then there were no sign of her. They thought that she might have already escaped into the hallway and hence they immediately ran out to take a look but then there is too many people and so they could not pinpoint whether she is in the crowd or not. They curse to themselves for letting her escape from their fingertips once again.

 

“Are you sure they won’t find us here?” Kuroi asked as they were eating their lunch at the rooftop.

 

“Ya. I checked. Most of the people here thought that the rooftop is out of bounds to people and therefore they don’t even bother to come up here. Plus it is too far away from the main campus hall and there are too many flight of stairs to climb.”

 

“But you are really really sure that the bullies won’t come looking for you here or something right??” Vannie asked.

 

“Yes.  I am really sure so let’s just eat okay.”

 

“Fine then let’s eat.” With that they happily dig into their food and update each other on the things that had happened so far. After their lunch, they realised that they still have some time to chill and talk before they have to escape back to class before their bullies and so Vannie said, “Actually this is a really good place to talk about things. It is so quiet here. I actually like it here. Maybe we should just come here from now on for lunch.”

 

“Ya. I agree too~~ Away from the preying eyes. It is nice.” Sooin said.

 

“It was suppose to be our mini hideout from my bullies but somehow we all grow to like it hahahaha~~ This is interesting and funny.”

 

“Well it's not the first time something like this happen to us. We always grow to love something unexpectedly when we least notice it or when it just seems to impossible~~” Kuroi said.

 

There was a moment of silence, just them enjoying the silence before Kuroi said, “So… apart from knowing that you are facing troubles with Tae In, we also know you are facing problems with Sehun … have you thought of doing anything about it?”

 

That topic got Mina unattended and she sigh at the thought of Sehun. “I know I am in the wrong but then I don’t know how to apologise to him…  you know how I am like… always too scared to apologise to people and not knowing the right way to do so and I am also very stress about it.”

 

“Don’t be stress about it. I think you just have to go meet him and then all these things will just come out very easily. I am sure Sehun wants to apologise and make up to you as bad as you want to.” Sooin said.

 

“I guess I have to work on that but then the first thing that we have to do now is escaped back to the class.” With that they start to pack up their stuff and they slowly make their way down, with Mina leading the way. She opened the door and peep around to see that it is empty and start to beckon the rest to follow. They walk leisurely for a while before they are back to the main campus hall and they thank the crowd rushing back to class and they make use of that to blend in with the crowd to go back to class and they manage to reach their class safely and once again that drives their bullies mad.

 

This time the bullies are set to capture her no matter what and so they kept a constant eye on her but then even so they could not do it all the time to avoid being caught by the teacher and therefore they have to face forward and Mina use this little breaks when they are trying to focus on what the teacher is saying to escape from the room and escape out of the school before the bullies notice anything. She slowly made her way to the company, being earlier than usual.

 

The bullies are totally mad. How can they miss it twice in a row and she can just escape without them noticing anything?? How is this even possible?? They have to get to the bottom of this and first thing first, they went to find Kuroi who is still packing her stuff and they bang her table causing Kuroi to jump up in shock.

 

“Aye you have any idea where that sitting beside you went to?? We need to find her like now!!”

 

“Sorry I was too focus on listening in class to actually know what is happening so yeah. Sorry hope i could be of more help.” Kuroi lied smoothly. The bullies scrowl at her and push her away as they went out of the room in search for Mina. Kuroi let out a sigh of relief as she see them walk out. “I am not too bad of an actress huh.” She thought to herself as she laugh because for a moment there she thought she will be exposed with her lie but they just accept it like it is the truth. She continue to laugh to herself as she walked out of the class to find the rest of the eonnis.

 

Mina walked into the company without noticing much as to what is happening around her and she is just about to walk towards the meeting room when suddenly someone grab her hard on the arm and she scream out in pain as the person have grab the part where her injuries are and it hurts really bad as they are still recovering.

 

The person jump in shock when he heard her scream and immediately apologise. “I am so sorry if I have hurt you. I didn’t mean to. Are you okay??” Wait that voice sounds very familiar. Mina quickly turn to see who is behind her and it is none other than Sehun.

 

“Se… Sehun… oppa… What are you doing here??” Sehun did not answer Mina’s answer instead he is more concern about the pain that Mina is experiencing. “Is this the injuries that her eonnis are talking about??” he thought to himself. Without Mina’s approval, he starts to push up the long sleeve that is covering up the injuries that Mina had sustain and Mina’s hand quickly tried to stop him from doing so. “No way I cannot let him see the injuries. I cannot let him worry. I have to hide them.” Mina thought to herself as she tried to stop Sehun’s hand from revealing it and at the same time she said slightly agitated, “Sehun oppa!! What are you doing??!! Stop whatever you are doing right now!!” But Sehun did not listen to her and instead continue on with whatever he is doing and in the end he won and revealed Mina’s arm which is covered with bruises and cuts.

 

Sehun’s heart sank at the moment he saw that. He did not know that Tae In is able to cause so  much injuries to one person and so much so he blame himself for not being there to protect her while she is sustaining all this injuries or when she is being bullied. Mina saw the look of hurt in Sehun’s eyes and she thought to herself. “Oh no. he is going  to be worried about me… I have to say something.”

 

Mina quickly pull down her sleeve and said, “This is nothing… just… just me… not paying attention to where I am going and therefore i fell. There is nothing to worry about. I am fine.”

 

Sehun suddenly looked very angry and he said angrily, but yet with a tint of sadness in it. “Mina stop lying. I already know what had happened. This is done by Tae In right??”

 

“It is not what you thi…”

 

“ANSWER MY QUESTION DONG MINA!! STOP HIDING IT FROM ME!!” Sehun shouted and that scared Mina because this is the first time she had seen Sehun that angry and Mina know that she cannot hide anymore.

 

“Yes… you are right. This all the works of Tae In. This injuries are all caused by her and her little followers.” The truth hurt Sehun even more. How can she hide something so grave from him?? If her eonnis haven’t be worried about her, he would have never know about it.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?? I could have done something to stop this from happening. I could have told her off or something. We could have think of something together and I could have protect you from her.”

 

Mina laughed, not in happiness but a laugh that is filled with sadness and sorrow. “What could you do?? What could you possibly do?? You think it will be that easy to talk her off doing this?? I think more likely she will start to find fault with me more. It is impossible to stop her, since that day she had set her mind on torturing me, she is not going to stop until she gets what she wants. There is nothing we can do…” Mina said sadly.

 

“But there is bound to be something. There can’t just be nothing. We just need some time to think of some…”

 

Mina cut him off. “There is nothing can’t you see!! Why can’t you see it??!! The only solution to this is for me to break up with you and return you to her which is something I know we both is sure can’t do…” Sehun is silent. Mina continued to speak, “I am thankful for you thinking about me and wanting to protect me but then there is nothing that you can do, it is just me against her so don’t worry about it. I got it under control.”

 

With that Mina gave a small smile and she starts to walk away.  As she walk away, her tears threaten to fall as she thinks about how caring Sehun is trying to protect her but then there is nothing that the both of them can do and she so want to depend on him so bad but she knows that if he were to protect her, things will just go even more worse than it is now and Tae In will be even more agitated and that is when Tae In will never ever let her go.

 

“Thanks Sehun but this is my fight.” Mina thought as she lets her tears roll down silently.

 

Sehun stood rooted to the ground as he stare at the back view of Mina slowly walking away from him while his heart is being left in pieces from all the hurt. “Why does she have to be so stubborn and kept on refusing my help?? Why can’t she just accept my help for once and just depend on me. Does she have any idea how much my heart broke just by seeing how much injuries that she is suffering in silence because of Tae In which is partially my fault.” Sehun scratch his head in anger. He really cannot guess what Mina is thinking and this is driving him nuts. He had came with the intention of making up with Mina but then this might take a while to be completely resolve and for their relationship to be back to normal.

 

The moment Sehun stepped into the dorm, he was immediately being surrounded by his hyungs and that shocked him. “Hy… hyungs… what are you guys doing??”

 

“So… how are things between you and Mina??” Baekhyun asked cheekily.

 

“What… what do you mean by how things are between us??”

 

“Well we know that you went to apologise to Mina today and we want to see how it went??”Chanyeol said.

 

“We know it definitely went well so stop hiding it from us and spill it already!!” Chen said excitedly.

 

Sehun looked at all his hyungs, all looking in anticipation as to what had happened and he felt so bad that he had to break their hearts because they did not make up at all.  He sigh and when his hyungs heard that, they knew that things didn’t go that well as they had expected.

 

“What is it?? Did Mina played hard to get or something??” Suho asked gently.

 

“No… she did not it is just that we didn’t even get to apologise to one another because of another problem that we are currently facing.”

 

“What problem is that??” Kris asked.

 

With that Sehun gave another sigh and start to talk about how Tae In is bullying her and how she is suffering all sorts of injuries. “I did not even know about it if not for her eonnis calling me to ask if there is anything happening at all in the company as she is suddenly being bullied in school and all. I really don’t know what to do. I asked her about it just now but then all she said was there is nothing that I could do apart from breaking up with her which is something that none of us wanted. I really want to help her but all she did was to push me away and for me to trust her but how can I trust her when she is having all that injuries?? It just pains me so much to see her like that.”

 

That information shocked the rest of the EXO members because they thought after that incident everything is fine but then there is actually so many things going on that they do not even know of and that is really worrying.

 

“We didn’t even know this kind of thing is happening… poor Mina.” Lay said.

 

“I know right. I only know it yesterday and that is why I went to find her today to try and sort things out and make up with her but then I guess this is going to take a while.”

 

“Do you have any idea what you want to do now about this situation??” Suho asked.

 

“I don’t know… I really cannot think of anything I can do to help her but now all I want is to make up with her and just stay by her side and protect her from all that bullying and most importantly Tae In, but that is so difficult.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Everything is going to be okay. I am sure of it.” Suho comforted.

 

“Thanks hyung. I am really tired I think I am going to rest early.”

 

“Ya. You go ahead. Just have a good rest and when you wake up, you will feel more refresh and then you can think about it.” Luhan said.

 

“Thanks hyungs. I really wouldn’t know what to do without you guys.”

 

“Now you see the importance in us hmph.” Baekhyun said cheekily and everyone laughed.

 

“I think what he meant was that we will always be here for you no matter what even if you don’t want us to be.” Xiumin said.

 

“Ya we are going to be so clingy and cling onto you no matter where you go so watch out for it!!” Baekhyun said and Suho had to enter and stop him saying, “Okay.  I think that is enough clinginess for the day so Sehun just go to bed now before they really physically cling onto you and by that time I really cannot stop it.” With that everyone laughed and Sehun quickly escaped into his room.

 

When he close the door behind him, all the hyungs started to look really serious. “Is there anything that we can do to help hunnie with it??” Tao asked.

 

“I think we can help patch things up between Sehun and Mina. That should be fun.” Kai said happily.

 

“But of course we cannot do that without the help of somebody else…” Baekhyun said cheekily and the rest of the hyungs look around in terror as they think about what are the things that Baekhyun had in store.

 

“Oh no. This is going to be bad...” Xiumin said.

 

“Oh this is going to be gooddd~~” Baekhyun said.

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update today!! In case anybody didn't know there is a double update this week so if you check out the previous chapter you can do so now~~ Pretty much enjoying my life right now apart from some naggings here and there and misunderstandings here and there that is driving me nuts but other than that life is pretty good although it will be great if i can get a job but then still have to wait sigh... For now I am just going to enjoy life and the little moments in life and ejoy writing as much~~ Happy that it is finally raining here because the weather has been really hot this few days and it is getting very unbearable so the rain is really a big relief~~ I am enjoying it so much and I really love it when it rains~~ Should have taken an afternoon nap in this perfect weather but i guess i am more keen in updating my story and can't share it with all you guys!! Thank you so much for the 1300 views!! No words can describe how happy I am to see that!! Thank you thank you and enjoy reading!! :))))