Chapter 57

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Hmm…  Where am I?? Baby?? My wifeu??” Daddy Dong called out the moment he opened his eyes.

 

“Ahh!!” He let out a small gasp as his hands immediately went up to his head and hug it. The hangover is killing him and he kind of regret now that he had drank so much the day before but then somehow he just couldn’t stop himself for whatever reason.

 

“See see!! Who asked you to drink so much for someone who cannot even drink at all??”

 

“Hmm wifeu??” Daddy Dong said while turning around to see where is the voice coming from.

 

“Ya!! What wifeu?? I am not mum!! Are you that unconscious until you cannot even tell me apart from mum??”

 

“Ah!! Mina!!” Daddy Dong exclaimed and immediately jolted awake from his sleepiness. Suddenly he feel so embarrassed at his own talk just now and don’t know where to hide his face.

 

“Aish… tsk tsk. Guess someone is finally awake. Since you are awake, come on down for breakfast then. I made you some hangover soup.” Mina said and left after leaving that sentence, giving him some time to get ready.

 

Daddy Dong sigh and shake his head for a while. He wanted to be a cool father in front of his daughter but then things are just going the total opposite of what he is trying to do. He sigh once again before getting up from the bed to stretch and just as he was stretching, something pop into his mind. He just realised that he had never went into his daughter’s room before, not ever since she moved to Korea and this would be a good chance to explore her room for a while before going down for breakfast. He took his time examining the room, seeing all the things that she like being displayed around and smile a little to himself. He make a note to remember all this items that he had seen in her room so that the next time he visits, he can buy this items for her and spoil her a bit.

 

As he made his way down happily, kept on hearing sounds of laughter coming from the kitchen and start to think to himself, that it is really great to be able to hear laughters in the house as it makes the house seems so much more lively and he kind of miss hearing this back in their own house as this kind of thing seldom happen. But now that he heard it, he is determined to keep it this way and not let it return back to its original state of gloom like before.

 

Just when he thought everything is all good and nothing can spoil his good mood, but soon he is being proven wrong because the moment he entered the kitchen, his mood just dropped from cloud nine to rock bottom, as he sees someone that he didn’t like and that somehow made his hangover even worse than before.

 

“Ya!! Oh Sehun!! What do you think you are doing here??!! Are you trying to ruin my mood the first thing in the morning??”

 

“Ayee!! Dad!! Don’t be so rude!! I was the one that invited him over since someone forced him to drink so much yesterday night but then thankfully he wasn’t drunk and  instead that someone that forced him got drunk instead and he had no choice but to send him home. So I guess Sehun oppa’s liver is pretty damaged from yesterday and i hope this soup will help him replenish all the nutrients lost.” Mina said while going on setting the table and Sehun kind of nudge her to stop saying as Daddy Dong expression just went from bad to worse and he let out an awkward cough to change the room’s atmosphere a bit.

 

Just when Daddy Dong is feeling really awkward and wondering what he should do, his eyes suddenly spot another person inside the kitchen too and he said, “Who is that person right beside Kuroi??”

 

The person heard it and quickly present himself in front of Daddy Dong and greeted him politely saying, “Hello. Nice to meet you uncle. I am Kris and I am Kuroi’s boyfriend.”

 

Daddy Dong scan Kris from the top to the bottom once before saying, “Hmmm… you give off a very mature feel and also if people are around you, they will feel very safe and that is good. Something that is really good to have.” Daddy Dong said and give him a pat on Kris back.

 

“Thank you so much uncle.”

 

“So anyway please I am counting on you to take care of our Kuroi because her dad and I have been really good friends since young and I treat Kuroi like my own daughter so I won’t let you bully her. I can tell you are a great guy so don’t disappoint me okay??”

 

“I won’t uncle. I will make sure to protect her at all cost.”

 

“Good good~~ Here sit down and let’s have a good meal and we can chat~~” Daddy Dong said and guide him to the table to sit down. “Not bad ah Kuroi, you got yourself a pretty good man.” Daddy Dong wink at Kuroi and Kuroi blush.

 

At the side, Mina starts to pout a little and she sits down angrily at the table and Sehun sense it and tried to comfort her a little by patting her at the back, trying to tell her to calm down. Just then Daddy Dong just so happens to turn his head and saw the pouting Mina and asked, “What’s wrong with you?? Why do you look like that??”

 

“How can you do that to me dad?? How can you be so nice to Kris oppa but then be so mean to Sehun oppa?? How can you be so biased??”

 

“I am not. I am just stating the fact. Sehun guy did not give me the feel Kris did so he sure have a lot of things to do in order to catch up to him. Plus he did not give me a very good first impression not like Kris and first impression is very important and also all the things that he had done to make you sad. It is hard. But then if one day Kris were to do the same thing to Kuroi, I would also treat him the same way so don’t worry about it.” With that he initiates everyone to start eating.

 

There was nothing that Mina can say at how her dad is behaving and she can only continue to pout a little before giving most of her attention to Sehun insead. “Here Sehun oppa~~ Eat more~~” Daddy Dong keep on staring at them in jealousy and just keep on eating as there is nothing he could say, not after knowing that what he had said had not please his daughter and therefore his daughter will definitely not be in the mood to entertain him too.

 

After breakfast, Daddy Dong said that he would wash the dishes and ask the rest to go take a break and Sehun seeing this also offered his help as he felt bad just taking a break like that and as he is trying to impress him so the more he had to help. He is also scared that if he were not to help, Daddy Dong will start to mark him down and his impression of him will get worse and that will be bad for both him and Mina. He isn’t a guest and instead more of an enemy, well to Daddy Dong anyway. He feel like a daughter-in-law that had to constantly work in order not to be scolded or being despised on and so as to build a good relationship between one another. So even though Daddy Dong keep on refusing but Sehun still went ahead and help him. There is nothing Daddy Dong can say and instead let him help out but he didn’t fail to make sure he make things for him.

 

“Ya!! This is not clean!! Can you wash it again??” Daddy Dong said and pass the plate back to Sehun. Sehun is in charge of soaping it and cleaning it while Daddy Dong is in charge of rinsing it and putting it away.

 

“Oh okay…” Sehun said and immediately went ahead to take the plate to rewash it again. Even though he had make sure he had wash it thoroughly but then he still couldn’t tell where he didn't wash it properly but he made sure to wash it again so as to make sure Daddy Dong don’t flare up at him and this continued until the whole washing session and it somehow just tired him out even though it is just a simple task of washing the dishes.

 

He collapsed tiredly on the sofa after the session and even though he wanted to rest but then he saw that Daddy Dong suddenly took out a book and started doing it and being curious he walked up towards him and asked, “What are you doing??”

 

“I am playing sudoku.”

 

“Ah looks interesting and fun. Can you teach me??”

 

“Oh you want to learn??” Daddy Dong asked shocked because he has to be the first person to actually say that he wants to learn it. He always wanted to teach a lot of people to learn it and play it with him but then they always didn’t want to learn it or give up halfway when things gets too difficult and therefore he always give up but he is the first and he kind of make him so happy about it.

 

“Yes I want to learn it.”

 

“Great!! Here take a seat!! I will explain it to you!!” With that he started pushing his book towards Sehun and started explaining the rules of the game and urging him to try it. At first Sehun keeps on having problems and Daddy Dong keeps on laughing at him before giving him tips and telling him how to do it so as not to get stuck.

 

Mina watches from aside, feeling in bliss at the sight in front of her because this has to be the first time that her dad and Sehun oppa is actually communicating with one another happily without Daddy Dong flaring up at Sehun at all, or trying to make things difficult for him. This is a really rare sight and she hopes that as time goes on, sight like this will start to get more and more normal in the house.
 

After that Daddy Dong volunteered to made lunch and so he disperse himself into the kitchen to prepare while Sehun stayed for a while to continue with the sudoku before going into the kitchen to offer his help again. But then Daddy Dong is the type that when he is cooking, he doesn’t like anyone to disturb him and hinder him so he keep on refusing and said, “It is okay if you don’t help and all. I really don’t like people to come and block my way when I am cooking. Don’t worry I won’t nag at you or starts to scold you just because you never help out cause I am the one who said it so just go out and take a rest or something.”

 

“But then I really want to help out so don’t shut me off. Plus I want to learn more about cooking and what more it will be better if I am able to learn it from an expert and cook it in the future!! It would be so much better.”

 

“But then…”

 

“Just let me do it pleasee!! Just this once!! I promise I won’t block or hinder your way and will be a diligent student and assistant!!” Sehun said and give the puppy eyes.

 

Daddy Dong sigh. “Why is everyone using the puppy eyes on me?? I know it is getting old but why do I still want to give in to it…” He thought to himself. “Fine then seeing how persistent you are, I will give in this time. But if you were to start creating havoc in the kitchen or hinder me in any way possible, I will make sure I kick you out of the kitchen. You understand??”

 

“Yes. i understand.”

 

“Good. Then go grab an apron and let’s start cooking.”

 

“Grrrr…”

 

“Aish my stomach have to stop grumbling. I am so hungry…” Mina said while feeling her stomach and just then a scent filled her nostrils and that scent smells so good it is making her drool. “I wonder where is it coming from…” Mina said and started to follow the scent which brought her right into the kitchen.

 

“Ahh!! What are my two boys cooking here?? It smells so good!!” Mina asked, while poping her head out in between them, trying to see what they are cooking while each of her arms are being placed on each of their waist trying to support herself from falling as she tip toes.

 

“We are cooking some of your favourite meat stew and some vegetables.” Daddy Dong replied.

 

“Wow!! It looks so good!! Can I try some??” Mina asked happily, as she can’t wait to have some of it.

 

“No no!! It is very hot so just wait until it is being served later okay??”

 

“Hmmm but I just want one!! Can’t I have one??”

 

“Well… I guess you could just have one…” Sehun said before reaching out for a spoon and went to scoop up a piece of meat and blow it for Mina a little before feeding her.

 

“Aye aye how can openly defy my orders like that and why do you always have to make me look so bad in front of my daughter over and over again?? You really are not afraid that I will punch you or something right??” Daddy Dong said angrily, but then the sight is making him jealous at the same time because the sight just looks so beautiful, sweet and loving that he doesn't even dare go near them because it feels like just going a step nearer will break that image. They look just like a newlywed couple, a newlywed couple that everyone hopes to be.

 

“I am sorry. I really didn’t mean it. I just think that it is only one piece so it should be fine. I didn’t mean to upset you plus she look like she really want it so I really couldn’t just say no to her…”

 

“Dad don’t blame Sehun oppa. It can’t help that he is so kind hearted, not like you~~” Daddy Dong glare at the cheeky MIna while she give Sehun a hug and said, “Sehun oppa is still the best!!” Sehun smiled at her and lovingly hug her back.

 

“Aish seriously think that you are my nemesis and not my daughter. Everyone says having a child is like having an angel but i guess that sentence is wrong because I got a devil instead.”

 

“Well too bad dad because you are going to be stuck with me so no matter how much you like it or hate it, I will still be your daughter so congrats on that.” Mina said and started to turn towards Daddy Dong to give him a hug instead.

 

“You are also stuck with me too so long as Mina don’t abandon me for someone else!!” Sehun said happily and wanted to go ahead and give both Daddy Dong and Mina a hug but were stopped by Daddy Dong straight up and he cannot even advance any forward.

 

“Oh no!! Please!! I don’t want to be stuck with you… no let me change my phrasing it is more of I won’t let you be stuck with me so don’t even think of it.”

 

“Don’t be like this uncle~~ Let’s be really really close family members from now on~~”

 

“Awww don’t be like this Dad~~” Mina said pulling the both of them close, wounding one arm around either one of them before continue saying, “No matter what, the both of you are stuck with me and I am not going to let you both go hehehehe~~” Mina giggled and bury her face in both of their chests.

 

Seeing how cutely she is behaving, the both guys look at each other and as if being affected by Mina, they both burst out laughing and reach out their hands to hold her tighter towards them. Daddy Dong suddenly cheekily signal to Sehun to do something and Sehun smile back happily, being able to understand it, and nodding his head to signal to Daddy Dong to execute it. So without warning, the two guys both land kisses on top of Mina’s head, making her squeal and bury her face deeper into their chests as she blush. Seeing her behave like that, they felt like their mission is a success and they cannot contain their delight at that and smile in victory at one another.

 

What they didn’t notice is that Mina had been secretly watching them and seeing them smiling so happily to one another like that, she felt really bless like they really have bonded well together but somehow behind their smiles and thinking back as to how the both of them kiss her at the same time, there is something up behind all this.

 

“You two… Did the both of you plan this up??” Mina asked suspiciously.

 

Suddenly their smiles froze on their faces as they slowly turn to look at Mina. “What are you talking about my dear??” Daddy Dong asked awkwardly.

 

“You two both plan to kiss me didn’t you?? Are you trying to disturb me or something so as to see my reaction or what??” Mina questioned.

 

“Wait what is this smell??” Sehun started as the kitchen is suddenly filled with a particular smell.

 

“Oh don’t think of trying to change the topic here Oh Sehun ssi.”

 

“No I am being serious here. I really smell something… it smells like something is getting burnt.”

 

Seeing how serious he is, Mina calmed down a little and indeed she is able to smell something burning too and just then she immediately thought of something and shouted it out, “The meat!!”

 

“What about the meat??” Daddy Dong asked.

 

“The meat!! I think it is the food that is burning right now!! Omg!! We have to save the meat!!” When Mina shouted that, the whole kitchen went into chaos as they all try to save the meat with Mina shouting and Sehun at a lost as to what to do while Daddy Dong in the end was the one who successfully switch it off in the end.

 

“Phew only some parts of it is burnt. Still edible.” Daddy Dong said after checking on the meat.

 

“Phew… our meat is safe… if it is not, I think I will cry.” Mina said.

 

“Anyways where were we?? Oh yeah… Aren’t you curious what we were about just now until we are being interrupted by the meat??” Sehun asked.

 

“Not really now that my heart is more concerned about the meat and how is it like now since some parts of it is burnt. Will it tastes as good??”

 

“Ya!! How can you do that!! Putting meat in front of us!!” Sehun said.

 

“I am sorry… you know how important food is to me…”

 

“Just when I thought we should show you some affection together… Guess we are wrong… Right uncle??”

 

“You know I really don’t like to agree with Sehun guy right but then I don’t have a choice this time because I kind of agree to what he says. I feel really sad though…”

 

“Ahh dad!! Not you too!! Why are you standing at his side??”

 

“Then you don’t want me to stand at his side is it?? You want me to continue to torture him is it?? If that is what you want, I am more than willing to do it…”

 

“Ahh no!! I didn’t mean that!! I am more than happy that you are being so nice to Sehun and I hope you can continue that way~~ Anyway I am sorry… I shouldn’t have place food in front of you guys in front of you both. I will make sure that the next time I will place food as more important, well behind your backs.”

 

“You…!!” Both Daddy Dong and Sehun started and sensing that they might flare up at any moment, so she quickly change the topic and said, “Wow!! Look at the time!! It is way past our usual lunch time. I think it is time for us to eat. I am just going to get the rest of the eonnis and Kris oppa.” Mina said and quickly walk out of the kitchen, trying to avoid getting scolded.

 

Daddy Dong and Sehun both look at each other and laugh, shaking their head at Mina. Even though sometimes the things that Mina do really drive them speechless but then somehow they still love that side of her. They laugh once again before going out along with her.

 

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another update and yes on this special day and that is our royal highness birthday!! Happy birthday to our king, The Great Yonghwa!! You always never fail to impress me, no matter what is may it be composing, music style, performing, acting, being funny on variety shows, or dancing, you always do such a great job and I am just really proud of you. Especially music because you are always experimenting with new music genres but then somehow it all sounds so good and I am so in love with them. Hopefully I can be someone like you someday because you are such an insipiration to so many people around and I hope you can always stay that way. I hope you can continue to stay like this, just doing all the things you want and not caring about what others say and just enjoying everything and just continue to be you. Really thankful for everything that you have done for us, sharing with us your special Jung energy that only you have and I am really thankful to have meet you and become a fan of cnblue. Take care of yourself and have plenty of rests and continue to enjoy life as much as you are now. Stay healthy and stay happy~~ No matter what you do, I will always be there to support you and cheer you on and if you are ever tired, just remember us and we will always be there to cheer you on. It is time for us to give back to you~~ Anways good luvk, all the best and cheers!!

Sorry for the late update because I couldn't write fast enough and I was having a pretty bad writer's block and work has been really busy. Sorry if anyone is waiting on Sunday. Hopefully my writer's block better go away soon. Well I am tired I am going to rest so take care everyone and enjoy reading!! :))))