Chapter 3

Wrong Star, Right Prize

If words could kill, this sentence would be the one that kills Mina. Now staring at these 12 boys who are looking at her eyes wide and full of smiles, waiting for her to say something. Seeing how they are all looking at her attentively, Mina nearly gets a mental breakdown right there and then. She could not believe her luck, not working with f(x) but stuck with them… sigh.

 

“Is this the reality you wanted?” Mina thought to herself while looking out of the window and up at the sky. She can already see dark clouds starting to clutter and a strike of thunder can be heard. It is too late to back out now, She has already signed the contract for it. She calmed down and thought to herself, “If this is the reality you wanted, bring it on, I am ready for this and I will make sure I guide them well!! I can do this!!” She nodded to herself and with that she gave her most confident smile and introduced herself.

 

“Hello, I am Dong Mina and from today onwards I will be guiding you with music composition until a good title song is being produced by you guys for your comeback. No worries if you are not good at it, I will make sure to guide all of you carefully until we compose such a good title song that when everyone hears it, they will be mind blown and addicted to it. This will be my promise to you and so let’s work hard together!” Mina said while her eyes travelled and looked at each member. Just then she saw someone familiar standing at the end. Immediately her brain started to process and eureka, he was the guy that bumped into her this morning when she first entered the company. Now that she is looking at him directly, he looks aloof but hella hot and she wondered what his name was.

 

Just then EXO started to introduce themselves one by one and Mina shook hands with everyone of them  while trying to remember their faces. Then it came to the last guy whom Mina had a slight interest in. He took a step towards Mina and stretched out his hand and said: “Hello Mina, I am Oh Sehun, the maknae of EXO. Nice to meet you and let’s work well together.” He gave Mina a brief smile after finishing his little introduction. Mina stretched out her hand to shake his hand. “Hi.” Mina said shyly.

 

Jiya just then stepped out and said: “Now that you have introduced yourselves, I am going to leave Mina here with you guys for some bonding session.” Mina turned sharply to look at Jiya when she said that. “She did not just say that, she is not going to abandon me here with them please no please.” Mina thought to herself. Jiya continued speaking and totally missed Minas looks of panic. “Mina will also tell you some of the things that you all will need to do or bring for the first lesson of your composing class. I am going to leave now so please take care of Mina from now on and if I ever see her running to me complaining about you guys or wanting to quit, I will make sure to personally punish you all severly, is that clear??”  

 

All the members muttered a soft “yes”. Even though Jiya might look very friendly on the outside but when she is serious, she meant business and everyone is terrified about that and didn't want to mess with her. This part reminded Mina of herself. “Good” Jiya said turning around and was about to walk out only to turn with a smile to say: “Have fun and bond well." and with that she walked out of the room. She totally missed all the SOS calls that Mina had been trying to send to her with her eyes the whole time. Mina literally wanted to cry when Jiya really just left her there to fend for herself. She had always never been really good around people and sometimes she gets really scared of people. It always took her a while to warm up to people so most of the time she tends to keep to herself when she first meet new people and things get really awkward when this happens. However, when she starts to warm up, that is when people will start to see a different side of her, which is her crazy and fun side.

 

“What to do?? what to do??” Mina keeps thinking to herself. “Should i just approach them to say something but then it will be so awkward but then if we don’t do anything it will also be awkward omg I need help. Someone please save me sobs. Kuroi! Sooin! Vannie! save meee~" cried Mina internally.

 

Just when Mina is still engrossed in her own world,  trying to think of something to save herself, she didn’t notice one of the EXO members has already approached her and lightly tap her on the shoulder. “Mina ssi” the person said while tapping lightly on her shoulder which made Mina jumped up in shock and quickly come back to reality. She turn around to see one of the EXO members who she roughly remembers as Baekhyun, as introduced by Jiya just now, has approached her.

 

“Yes Baekhyun ssi, is there anything wrong??” Mina asked. “Yes, there is something wrong and it is very wrong.” said Baekhyun with a very serious look on his face. Mina starts to look around, trying to spot a problem that might occurred but then she sees nothing so she asked, “What’s wrong??”

 

“This, this is wrong.”

 

Mina looks more confused than ever and so she asked, “wait what… what do you mean by this is wrong??”

 

“It is wrong because we are suppose to have a bonding session but then we are not doing anything fun” Baekhyun suddenly scream which cause Mina to jump up in surprise. But before Mina can say anything Baekhyun started to shout again ordering all the other members around.

 

“Okay come on guys, let’s make this the best bonding session ever!! We will need food yes lots of food!! okay someone please go get the food..” as Baekhyun continues to blabber on, Mina was just so shocked that she is just standing there looking at Baekhyun planning everything and how his mood can just change from serious to having fun in a matter of seconds.

 

“Mina ssi what are you standing there for?? Come over here, you are the most important person for this bonding session so we have to make sure you have fun.” Baekhyun said and before Mina can even react, Baekhyun has already walk back towards her and started to drag her towards the middle of a room where everything is almost set up for the bonding session.

 

“I don’t think this is really necessary…” Mina said while being dragged along by Baekhyun.

 

“What do you mean by this is not necessary?? This is of course necessary!! We need to make sure you feel as welcome as possible and we are not going to go home until you feel so and have a great share of fun so nothing you say is going to work now so come on!!” and with that Baekhyun continue to drag Mina along while she try to send SOS calls using her eyes to anyone who is looking at her direction but somehow everyone is too busy with the bonding session to even look at her. Mina can only sigh in defeat. It is not like she hate bonding session or something but she just can’t seem to interact well with people she just met and things will get really awkward and she really hate awkward situations and plus she is a conversation killer and she has the ability to just stop any conversations there and then. Oh well it is not like anything she say now is going to stop them from going on because based on what she is seeing now, this boys are actually having fun with all the preparation, joking around and messing around and it is a pretty nice sight to see actually. “I guessed I just have to stick along with them and try to enjoy myself oh well.” Mina sigh to herself.

 

ho ho ho~~ I am back~~ I have been so tired lately with work and studies that I haven't have much time to write plus my teammates are also asking me to write for our project which i feel really happy they are giving me the chance.  If it is good, I might post it here hahahaha~~. No worries i will still update here as much as possible and finally Mina gets to interact with EXO!! What will happen?? Stay tune!! 

P.s. my comments box are so empty please leave some comments for me~~ Anyways enjoy reading!!