Chapter 23

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“Da… Dad?? What are you doing here??” Mina asked totally in shock and judging by the way how her dad had appeared here, it means that her secret has been blown and this will be nasty.

 

“I should be the one asking you that!! What are you doing here??!! How dare you defy my orders??!!” Daddy Dong bellowed.

 

“Look dad I can explain. If we just step out here for…” Even before Mina can finish, Daddy Dong interrupted her and shouted, “How dare you!! How dare you defy my orders!! Didn’t I ask you to stay away from composing?? Why didn’t you listen to me?? I thought you were studying hard on business and I was so proud of you thinking that you were going to take over the family business but i was so wrong. You were studying hard but no not on business but on composing and helping and hanging out with this bunch of guys. I am so disappointed in you. You should have know better than to do this to me.”

 

“Dad… I am studying hard on business even though I am not understanding anything… I have been trying really hard… Please do understand that. It is just that I am doing this as my part time work.”

 

“No!! If you are focus on studying hard for business, you won’t even think of doing a part time work and not especially if it is a part time work that I do not approve of. Plus your family is so rich, you can just accept it and you don’t have to worry about not having enough money. I think this is all just an excuse, you are just refusing our help so that you can do this stupid composing stuff.”

 

“That is not how I think Dad!! You are wrong just… just let me explain about it!!”

 

“What is there to explain about when I am seeing all this evidences right in front of my eyes?? I trusted you, that is why I send you here without surveillances but I guess I was wrong, so terribly wrong. I shouldn’t have trusted you and shouldn’t have send you abroad. I should have kept you well within my sight and monitor what you are doing. I thought I was being a good father by agreeing to what you want but I guess I was wrong… because if I didn’t agree to it, you wouldn’t have been secretly doing all this things behind my back and keeping it a secret from me. If I haven’t ask someone to check on you, I wouldn’t have known anything. Do you know hurt I felt to be betrayed by you like this??”

 

“But then you have to understand, I like this!! You can’t just take this away from me!!”

 

“No!! STOP!! Stop telling me you like this!! Stop making me feel like a criminal!! You know this is not your choice, not your life to do composing. Your life is to take over the family business and that has been decided for you since the day you have been born!! There is no excuse. I am so disappointed in you. I no longer have you as my daughter. You are no longer related to the Dong family anymore. I do not want to see you ever again.” With that Daddy Dong turn around angrily with a tint of sadness in his eyes as he walk off.

 

“Wa… Wait Dad… Dad…” Mina starts to cry as she tried to chase after her father but then he is too fast for her and as her tears slowly blur her visions, she just squat down and broke down crying, not caring if there is anyone around her that is looking at her or judging her, she just cried. Her dad, her dad that she loves the most and doted on her the most. She can’t believe he just said all that to her. His words have left her heart in pieces. Why couldn’t he just understand what she wants to do for once and stop forcing her. It hurts, it truly hurts. She finally know what they mean by it hurts the most when you are being hurt by someone you truly love. It hurts… can someone help stop this pain??

 

Sehun who got worried about her and seeing how she is not bad after so long, decided to go out and look for her and what he found was her squatting there just crying and crying non stop, crying her heart out. His heart hurts. He hates to see her like this. He feels sad just seeing her like this. Everyone saw what had happened and all sorts of rumors are spreading throughout but he and the rest of the members are just really worried about how she is handling all this but seeing how she is just crying her heart out, he knew that the strong girl she was also cannot take such a huge blow to her heart. To be disowned by your father. It would totally hurt deeply. The second time he saw her cry and it just gets worse, he just felt even more heart pained for her. The poor girl… she is just trying to follow her heart and do what she likes but somehow it only ended up making her lose the one she loves. He slowly walked up to her and put his hand gently on her shoulder.

 

“Hey…”

 

Mina heard someone call her and she stop and wipe her tears for a while and turn towards the direction of the voice. She saw Sehun standing there looking worriedly at her and at that moment her tears starts to fill her eyes again and as her vision starts to blur, she started to cry in front of him. He squat down with her and she cannot stop herself but to ask him.

 

She faced him, all teary eyes and asked in between her sobs, “Did I do something terribly wrong?? Why couldn’t he understand what I am trying to do here?? I love composing so why couldn’t he just allow me to do it?? Why does he have to stop me all the time? It hurts so bad… my heart hurts so bad… I feel so alone…” With that she continued crying.

 

Sehun couldn’t bare to see her like this. His heart broke and hurts along with hers and before he could stop himself he had already pulled her into his embrace, giving her a tight hug, hoping that somehow it will make her feel better. One of his hand started to her hair lightly as he said, “Hey you are not alone. You still have me, your eonnis, the rest of the exo oppas. We will always be here for you. No worries i am sure your dad will come to understand it one day. It is okay. He didn’t mean anything he say, he just saying that in spite of his anger. Everything will be alright.” He just stood there hugging her, trying to heal her heart, her hair and just letting her ruin his shirt with her tears.

 

After what seems like ages, she finally stopped crying and pull back from his embrace, saying “Thanks”. Her voice slightly hoarse from all the crying.

 

“You’re welcome. Feeling better??” Sehun asked.

 

She nodded, not saying anything. “Shall we go back to the room?? Everyone should be really worried about you after what happened.” She nodded once again and with that Sehun gently took her hand in his and slowly lead her back to the room. Along the process he constantly take a glance at her to make sure that she is not secretly crying without him knowing. He also kept using his thumb to rub soothing circles to the back of her hand, trying to calm her down. When they have reached, Sehun opened the door, and pull her in with him. When they entered, everyone turn their heads and feeling happy that they are finally back but then the look on Mina’s face tells them that she is totally not fine at all and all their smiles disappeared.

 

“Are you okay, Mina??” Suho asked. Mina didn’t say anything but she just remove her hand from Sehun’s and walk quietly back to her seat where she just lay her head down on the table and said nothing. They just continue to stare blankly at Mina until Sehun went up to them and said, “Hyung, I think we should leave her to be… I don’t think she is really okay, just bare with her.”

 

“Okay… We should just continue with our work then…” Suho said and they went back to their seats.

 

Mina on the other hand was feeling really miserable. She try to snap out of it and get out of her misery but somehow her heart and feelings just doesn’t want to allow her to do so and once in a while, the scene of her dad scolding her will flood into her mind again as all those harsh words replay again and again in her mind, her tears threaten to fall once again. It is hard, she just wants to break down and cry until all her tears dry up but she can’t do so in front of all her oppas. They will be really worried about her and she doesn’t want them to feel so. Maybe she should just leave early and cry her heart out at home especially now when her heart and her mind is not allowing her to do anything else apart from crying. She stood up and cleared , managing to get all of their attention before she said with her hoarse voice, “I am so sorry I feel like leaving early today. I know it is really irresponsible of me and I am really sorry. I will make up to you all in the future. Thank you.” She gave them all a deep bow before she turn around and packing her stuff.

 

Sehun who is watching her with worried eyes suddenly stood up and walk towards her and said, “Come I will send you home.”

 

“It is okay I just want to be alone right now to sort out my mind. Thanks for your offer.” With that Mina gave all of them a weak smile before turning and walking out of the room. Sehun who is super worried about her just can’t seem to be able to just let her go home by herself like that, not especially when she is feeling so sad. Anything can happen to her so he quickly turn around and said to his hyungs, “I am so sorry too but I just can’t seem to let her go home by herself,not when she is like that. I will just go after her. I am so sorry hyungs.”

 

“It is okay. Just go after her.  We are as worried as you are and with you around we will feel safer. Just go ahead. We will take your stuff back to the dorm.” Suho said.

 

“Thanks hyungs. Goodbye and take care.” With that Sehun gave them a bow and ran out of the room. It took him a while to find her before he finally found her walking aimlessly on the way back to her home.  He wanted to run up to walk beside her but then he remembered her words of how she just wanted to be alone to sort things out so he decided to just follow her from behind and just guarding her if anything is to happen.

 

Mina continued to walk aimlessly and slowly back home,  trying to get rid of all the thoughts in her mind but it is hard and instead of trying to get better and making her feel calm, she wanted to cry more than ever and her tears started to roll silently down her cheeks again. Passersby are all looking at her and judging her from all that crying but she don’t care she just wants to cry and even though she knows that crying won’t help her in solving the problem but she just wants to cry and make herself feel better, and trying to empty out all her sadness through her tears. She started to cry more and more aggressively as she kept using her hands to wipe away her tears and in the end she just sat down on one of the bench on the sidewalk and started to cry her heart out.

 

Sehun who has been following behind her, saw the whole transition where at first her tears just flow silently, which he cannot tell as she is back facing him but then once he sees her hand started to fly towards her eyes and wiping them, he knew that she is crying again and it is getting more and more aggressive. He so wanted to ran up towards her and comfort her but somehow her words just kept him rooted to the spot, afraid that he will bring more hurt to her especially when she is hurt so deeply. But when he saw how she just sat there on the bench and crying her lungs out once again, he knew he have to screw her words and he just walk quickly up to her and sat beside her saying, “Hey.”

 

She looked up shock to see Sehun again and even though a part of her feels really happy that someone is there for her but then she feels agitated because he had clearly defy her orders of leaving her alone. “Why are you here!!”  She asked angrily.

 

“I am just worried, I mean we were all worried for you so I came after you… I didn’t mean to defy your orders. I am sorry.”

 

“It is okay… You can leave now… I just need to be alone…” Mina said trying to calm herself down.

 

“No I can’t do that…”

 

“Why??  Why can’t you do that??  You just need to walk away from me!!” Mina said suddenly becoming agitated again and her tears came rushing out of her eyes.

 

“Be… because you are not feeling okay and you need comfort and I am here to comfort you to  make you feel at least a bit better and also you are not alone.”

 

“Why??”

 

“I also don’t know why… Just accept it while I am offering.” Before Mina can say anything, Sehun had once again pull her into his embrace, hugging her tight, trying to use his hug to fix the small broken pieces of her heart her back into place. “You can use my shoulder to cry on when you need it. Just don’t cry alone anymore. Knowing that you are crying alone without anyone with you just breaks my heart.”

 

Mina just cry silently as she return his hug. “Why why do you have to be so nice to me?? You are just like a star, a faraway star, a star that I can never have but still a star I crave so much for. Although I know that in the end I can never have you but for now I just want to enjoy having you around me as much as possible. Sigh… If only you feel the same as me because in that case, you can always be here for me to comfort me whenever I am sad…” Mina thought as she continue to wet his shoulder with her tears. He gently pat her on the back to calm her down. Even though people passing by are judging the both of them and they seem like a couple that just had a fight and the guy had made the girl cry and now is comforting her. They didn’t care they just continue with what they are doing.

 

After a while she broke away from him and he gently hold her face and using his thumb to gently wipe away the tears that are still glistening on her face.

 

“Don’t cry anymore. If you keep crying, you won’t look pretty anymore.”

 

“Ya!! I look pretty no matter what I do okay…” Mina said while giving him a slap on the arm.

 

Sehun pouted and rub the part that Mina has slapped. “Oh well at least the Mina I know is definitely back.” Sehun smiled.

 

Mina looked down and blushed. “Come on let’s send you home. It is getting late.” With that they both stood up and they walk slowly back to her house. Mina kind of drag going back to the house because she is all alone in that big house and that isn’t helping her with all her feelings. At the moment she is trying to keep all her emotions under control as she doesn’t want to break down in front of him again. She has already break down twice and even though it is hard as the words by her daddy keeps replaying over and over again. It is hard to stay strong especially when she is going to be alone later. She can’t guarantee that she will be able to step out of the thoughts that are hunting her.

 

Their walk is silent and not before long they have already reached her home and Mina gave him a bow and was just about to turn and walk off before he stopped her and said, “Wait.” While holding on to her wrist and before she can ask why, he had already pull her in for a hug.

 

Mina struggled and while struggling she asked, “Wait… what are you doing??!! Let me go!!”

 

“Hey hey don’t struggle!! Just stay like this for a while.” Mina blushed and stop struggling. He hug her tighter and he just smile with her in his arms. “They say hugs are good for solving loneliness and I just want to try it out. So let’s just stay like this.” That might be one of his reason and a lousy reason that he had made up on the spot but that is okay. He just wants to cover up for the real reason that he just wants to comfort her for a while longer before she is gone and also he just have this sudden urge to just hug her. Somehow it just felt so good to have her in his arms and he just doesn’t want to let go of her anymore.

 

After a while then he finally decided to let go of her and ruffle her hair adoringly before saying, “I know it is hard but don’t blame yourself so much. It is not your fault. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, i will always be here for you and also be your listening ear. Just don’t cry alone anymore. It is so saddening to watch. Take care of yourself. Be strong and step out of this crisis. Have a good rest since you have a really long day. Lock the door well. Nights.”

 

Mina nodded and bowed to him whispering a soft goodnight to him before entering the house. Sehun watch her enter the house before he eventually left.

 

Once she has safely locked the door behind her. She can’t stop herself from breaking down again as Sehun’s words have hit her hard.

 

“How can it not be my fault?? If I have listen to my father and not insisted in doing this, all this wouldn’t have happen and life will be so peaceful now… it is my fault, all my fault…” As she continued to cry in the dark, she knew that it will be difficult to walk out of this fight that she has to faced.

 


ho ho ho!! Happy new year everyone!! I am hear to bring you a special update on this first day of 2016!! I hope that you guys have enjoyed the first day of the year and hopefully for the rest of the year, it will  be filled with nothing much happiness and more ups than downs. Hopefully all your wishes and resolution will come true this year!! All the best!! And thank you for being an important part of my life in the year 2015 and I hope we can continue to be together for many more years to come!! Much thanks!! Although this isn't a really happy chapter because of the confrontation Mina have with her dad but I am hoping that you will continue to enjoy it. I have fun writing this chapter and do remember i will also be doing a double update this week so remember to check it out!! Please do look forward to the next chapter because I have some interesting stuff up my sleelves hahahaha~~ I think~~ Oh well!! I shouldn't bother you guys any longer!! Goodbye and enjoy reading!! :))))