Chapter 25

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“I have got an idea!!” Like you guys said, businessman like deals, statistics and benefits so i am going to strike a deal with him!!”

 

“But how are you going to do that?? What are you using to strike a deal with him??” Vannie asked worriedly.

 

“I am going to use something that I treasure the most. Which is i am going to put my composing job as part of the deal.”

 

“WHAT??!!!” The 3 of them shouted at the same time.

 

“Are you out of your mind?? That is what we are trying to help you protect here if you haven’t been noticing!!” Kuroi said.

 

“That is insane!! How are you going to do it??” Sooin asked.

 

“Well apparently the song that I compose for f(x) competition, they told me it is already being put into the album and since f(x) is going to have a comeback this week, they will be publishing the whole album which include my track tomorrow and see how good the track will be. So since businessman like statistics then i will use my song as part of the deal and if the statistics for my song is good and it is the top few on the charts then my dad have to step off and if it is not, i will totally give up on composing and never to touch it again.”

 

“But that is so dangerous!! You don’t know if the public is going to like your song or not… it is way too risky it is not good. We will think of something else.” Kuroi said.

 

“But to me this is the best method!! This method i know is risky but it has the highest possibility that it will work and i have confident in myself that the song will be a hit so you guys don’t have to worry. Plus even my f(x) eonnis say it is good and the producers from the company too so it should be fine.”

 

“But i am still worried though even if it sound convincing. Your plan might backfire.” Sooin said.

 

“No worries i will bare all the consequences and i am ready for it. I will be fine even if the plan do backfire because i can’t just sit here continuing to cry and just hope everything will work. Nothing is going to work if i don’t do something plus it is always good to take risks once in awhile. Thank you for worrying about me all the time but i will be fine. Let’s just hope for the best and nothing else. Eonnis please excuse me for a while i am going to make an appointment with my dad.” With that Mina stood up and left the room.

 

Her eonnis look at her leave and they can only sigh because they knew that once she had made up her mind, nothing can stop her because she is so stubborn.

 

“Oh well let’s just hope that everything goes well.” Kuroi said.

 

“Ya… at least she is back to her old self again which is good.” Vannie said. With that they sigh and continued eating.

 

Mina had went to the living room to make the call since her phone is out of battery and she made a mental note to revive it later. She dial her dad’s number and after a while he pick up and said, “Hello.”

 

“It is me. Your daughter.”

 

“What are you calling for?? I think there isn’t anything else we can talk about.”

 

“I just want to settle everything. I know i have mess up and I just want to make things back to where it used to be before all this things happen. I just want to meet up with you and talk it out.”

 

“Fine. I will meet up with you tomorrow morning at 9. You better do this well because you know i do have the ability to disown you for real and also to stop you from doing composing again. You know it.”

 

“I know i will see you tomorrow and let’s talk about it.”

 

“It is your only chance and i want to see what you can do about it.”

 

“No worries. I am sure it will be something that will please you.”

 

“Well i will look forward to it.” With that he hung up the phone and he stood up from the sofa he is sitting and walk to the window. He sigh. He wonder if he had been too harsh on his only daughter, stopping her from doing something she likes but then he is just like any father in this world, he just wants the best for his daughter and by the best is to take over his company which is already very established and he is sure his daughter will benefit a lot from it and not from composing which might not even earn her anything.  He sigh. He knows how stubborn his daughter is as she got his genes of being stubborn but hopefully she can come to understand this and hopefully the day is tomorrow.

 

Mina hung up the phone feeling hopeful. It is a good start that her father is agreeing to meet up with her. She will have to phrase her words carefully in order for him to accept it. She sigh as she walks towards her room to try and prepare for it.

 

Firstly she pick up her phone and revive it. The moment her phones revives, it is being bombarded with messages and miss calls from everyone. 100+ missed calls and messages. She start to open them one by one to check. Some of the miss calls coming from her eonnis and her eonnis asking her if she is okay after hearing the unexpected news of her dad and asking her to reply and not doing a disappearing act on them and they are really worried about her.

 

Another one came from Jiyah eonni asking if she is free to do a makeup class on Thursday as the members are free and to make up for the time lost on Tuesday. Which she quickly agree to it and reply. Also some came from the exo members worried about why she didn’t come for class on Tuesday and also what happen with her dad, which she replied telling them to not worry and she is fine. But the most messages and miss calls came from Sehun.

 

He had sent her countless of messages asking her how is she feeling, why she isn’t here and when she didn’t reply, he resorted to calling her but then she also didn’t pick up so he message her again asking why she didn’t pick up and is she really okay. He even tell her that he is coming to her house now and asking to have a meet with her to offer her some comfort but she didn’t reply again. He got frustrated and could be clearly shown at his messages where he vent out all his anger at her for not showing herself and just disappearing all of sudden worrying him so much. But he quickly apologise again in his next message saying he is wrong and asking her not to be angry and asking her to meet when she is feeling better while he is going back. He continued to send countless of comfort messages to her to cheer her up. Even if he can’t see her face to face to comfort her but then he can still go through the messages and hopefully some of them will reach her.

 

Mina is deeply touched by that and seeing how much he cares for her. She sure have worry him and this little act of him carrying for her just somehow seems to make her love for him grow. She feels bad for letting him worry so she decided to text him back to tell him she is okay.

 

MinaDong: So sorry for making you worry about me. I am feeling so much better now. Thank you so much for worrying about me.

 

Sehun who was currently back in the dorm and was just lying on the bed, still worrying about Mina and how she is still missing and he wondered if her eonnis are back to help her. He sigh and just then his phone started beeping, announcing that there is an incoming message. He fished out his phone from his pocket and he sit up in surprise as he saw the message that Mina just sent him. He quickly open the message to see that she is thanking him for worrying about her and she is really feeling so much better now. He felt so happy and he could literally start jumping around in the house. Finally she is back and not missing after so long and he could finally stop worrying so much about her. Maybe her eonnis did talk some sense into her. He quickly typed back a message to her.

 

oohsehun: It is nothing. I am so glad you are back. I am not the only one who has been worried about you, like everyone is too. So i am happy that you are feeling better. If you need anymore comfort, i will be here, your eonnis are too and also the other exo members. You don’t have to face all your problems alone. You still have us.

 

Mina who is sitting down at her desk trying to jot down the things that she is going to say when she heard her phone announcing that she have a message and she took a look to see that Sehun had replied and she smiled at his message happily.

 

MinaDong: Thank you so much for your comfort. I really couldn’t thank you enough.

 

Just when Sehun is going to type back a reply when Suho entered their bedroom and said, “Jiyah noona says that there will be composing class tomorrow to make up for the one we lost this Tuesday and since we are free tomorrow so they just schedule it for us. Just want to let you know.”

 

“Oh really??!!” Sehun said in total shock.

 

“Yah really. Are you that happy??” Suho .

 

“Yah hyung… of course not…”

 

“Stop denying it. It is all clearly written on your face.”

 

“Fine fine hyung. I am happy.” With that Suho cheekily smile and give Sehun a pat on the back before going to his bed. Sehun quickly text back Mina.

 

oohsehun: you are coming for class tomorrow??

 

MinaDong: Yup. Jiyah eonni if i can make it and if can go for class so i agreed.

 

oohsehun: Are you sure it is okay. I mean you know…

 

MinaDong: yup. I am sure i will be fine no worries. Plus i need some distractions from all this.

 

oohsehun: If you think you can’t do it then you can just stop.

 

MinaDong: Hey!! Don’t look down on me!! I am stronger than what i seem. I will be fine no worries.

 

oosehun: okay. I know you are.

 

MinaDong: yay!! I know you would. I will see you tomorrow. I am going to sleep. I am tired.

 

oohsehun: ya you sleepy baby. Have a good night rest. Sweet dreams. I will see you tomorrow.

 

MinaDong: Thank you. Sweet dreams to you too.

 

With that Mina switch off her phone and smile to herself as she lays on her bed. Even though she is feeling happy but she can’t help but worry about what is going to happen tomorrow.

 

“I can do this!!” Mina mentally cheer herself on as she stood outside the door to her father’s hotel room. The time has come to see if her idea will work or it will just fail really badly. But no matter what the outcome is, she is ready. She is ready to face it. This is her only chance at this and she got to do it well. She gave herself one last cheer before she press the doorbell.

 

Her dad’s secretary open the door for her. He bowed to her and said, “Your father has been waiting for you. He will be in the study room.” With that the secretary step out of the room to give the two of them some private space for them to talk.

 

“Thank you.” Mina said while giving him a bow. She proceeded to the study room and took in a deep breathe to calm herself down before she knock on the door to her dad’s room.

 

“Come in.”

 

Mina entered the room and bowed at her father.

 

“Well that took you long enough to come here and apologise to me.” Daddy Dong said while taking a look at her daughter. He realise that due to his anger the last time, he didn’t get to see how his daughter has been. His daughter has definitely gotten prettier during her time here and somehow he didn’t remember her looking so skinny when he had went to her company to find her. This shows that his scoldings really impacted her a lot and he kind of regret it. But at the same time, he hope that, it will make her change her mind and not do composing anymore.

 

“I am sorry for hiding the fact from you that I have been doing composing outside without you knowing. For that i apologise but then this won’t make me give up on composing.” said Mina with a look of determination.

 

Anger immedient on his face, especially when he thought she has change but no. Still as ever and maybe a bit worse. “WHAT??!! THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE?? TRYING TO SPITE ME TO DEATH?? Daddy Dong roared.

 

Well she has expected that but this time Mina won’t be affected by this. She will keep all her emotions under control this time.

 

“The reason I am here today is to strike a deal with you. I know as a businessman, you like deals and statics that you know will earn you a profit hence i am here to propose a deal. A deal that will consists of me giving up on composing.”

 

With that last sentence, Daddy Dong seems to calm down a bit and now that got him interested. “Something that will make his stubborn daughter give up composing, well that is worth a listen. Since from young no matter what they had done, she still is composing until today and so if there is a chance for her to stop it and some more by herself, willingly without them forcing it on her then it is worth a shot. Even if the chances might be low but then if it work, the sense of fulfilment will be good. This is getting interesting.” Daddy Dong thought.

 

“Well i am listening.” Daddy Dong said.

 

“Good, it is a good start” Mina thought as she look at her father. “At least he is willing to listen to it.” This gave her a boost and she continued her pitch with more confidence this time.

 

“Well like I said before. This will be a chance for me to drop composing totally and never to touch it again but this comes with a condition. The reason why I was able to enter this company in the first place is because I participated in a composing competition to write a song for f(x) as you know, my idols and I just couldn’t give up the chance and i won it and my song is going to be put in their upcoming album. So this is the condition, apparently they are going to release my song and the rest of the album this afternoon at 12 noon and therefore if my song are in the top 10 of the different charts, you will continue to let me do composing and of course i won’t give up on studying business. If i fail, i will drop composing and will just focus on studying business from now on and only that, nothing else.”

 

After speaking, she focus her eyes on her dad, seeing what kind of reaction does he have. He seems to be deep in thought which is a good sign as it means he is giving it a good thought through before deciding on what he is going to do.

 

“Actually the proposal is good. There is no flaws in it and he cannot pick on anything. Seems like she did learn a skill or two when she is in the business course. Maybe she is really working hard. Trying to be on the top 10 on the various chart also seems like impossible and difficult especially when she is new and her first time letting others hear what she is capable of. She doesn’t have the experience before so it is like taking a bet on luck and hoping that someone will like it. It is only her first time and she is trying to aim for top 10, that sounds insane. For a rookie composer, being able to make it on the chart should be good enough. It feels like she is digging her own grave and feels like he has more of an advantage than her. This sounds like an awesome deal and he is going to agree to it.” Daddy Dong thought.

 

Mina was getting more and more anxious as the silence goes on. Her heart is beating faster and faster as the silence goes on. “Please please please consider my idea please and just accept it please.” Mina thought to herself as she start to fiddle with her fingers in nervousness.

 

As on cue, her father starts to speak. “Very well. I will accept your proposal. We will monitor your song through the charts for two days and see how it will be and as you say, if the song makes it on top 10, i will step back and never to stop you from doing it anymore and if you were to fail you have to swear never to touch it again and if i were to see you do it, i will really disown you this time. You hear me??”

 

Mina cannot believe her ears!! Her dad actually agreed!! Agreed!! She felt like crying!! This is such a great start!! She stood up and started jumping around and pulling her dad into her embrace and giving him a hug, shocking her dad in the process.

 

“Thank you thank you so much!! I am so thankful!! Thank you thank you!!” Mina kept on saying as she release her dad from her embrace.

 

“You are welcome.” Her dad says while giving her a pat on the head. It feels good to see her so happy. It has been a long time since he had seen her this happy. The last time was most probably when she is a kid but then after that he and her mum got more and more busy and she started to distance herself more and more from them and she seldom smile anymore or even talk to them. If this is what it takes to have her smiling and talking to them, then he might just consider letting her continue on with composing. After all she is his only daughter and even though he just wants to give her the best but then the main thing is he just wants her to be happy.

 

“If there is nothing else I will get going first. I won’t disturb you any longer as I know you are a busy man!! Bye daddy and thanks so much!!” Mina give him another hug and then a bow before waving goodbye and leaving.

 

Daddy Dong smile and wave goodbye to his daughter. It feels so so good to see his daughter so happy after such a long time. He happily went back to his study table and look through some of his reports. Even though he is technically here for a vacation but it also a good time to meet with some of his business partners here and see how things are going. Even though sometimes he will ask Mina for help but it is easier for him to do it instead. Suddenly he remembered about the proposal by Mina and he call his secretary in.

 

His secretary entered and bowed. “What is it that I can be of assistance to you??”

 

“I need you to track the song that my daughter has done and i want the stats for 2 days. You can start from this noon. This comes before anything else.”

 

“I understand I will proceed to do what you request.”

 

“Thank you so much.”

 


ho ho ho~~ I am here with another update again!! thankfully this time no technical difficulties and I can upload on time weehoo~~ so sad that I wasn't able to attend the exoluxion in Singapore for the span of two days but i was able to go there and just take in a feel of how it is like and looking at the fellow EXO-Ls before i left when the concert starts cause I don't think I can control my tears if i were to hear them sing. I even consider buying a ticket on the spot but then I am already going for cnblue concert so it is okay i will just let it past. So funny how i miss the arrival of exo at the venue 2 times stairght like we are really not fated to be but oh well my friend comfort me by saying maybe all my luck is going to be used in the future which sounds pretty good. But i am not as depress as I thought because after missing 3 cnblue concerts for a few years straight I think it has help me a lot in this concert this time plus i did went for the Lost Planet In SG so it was all good~~ Well today has been pretty fun because I got myself a Chen KFC doll and it is so adorbs~~ Currently bonding with it now and regret not getting Luhan one sobs... oh well~~ I have been slacking enough and I need to go back to my studies~~ goodbye and enjoy the update and sorry for the rant!! Enjoy reading!! :)))