Chapter 56

Wrong Star, Right Prize

“So I will be going off now~~ Take care of yourself and have fun while I am gone~~ Remember to take a lot of photos as proved that you did spend some time together!! Bond well together and if I were to learn that you both did not spend time together as we plan, I will make sure to break any relationship with the both of you and I will never ever talk to the both of you again so please take note and goodbye~~” Mina said and waved happily before going out of the house.

 

Sehun and Daddy Dong smile and wave awkwardly while sending Mina off and when the door closes, their smile immediately left their face and Daddy Dong stare at Sehun sternly and states, “There is no way that I am going to go out with you so don’t even think of it.”

 

“But then, uncle are you really going to give up on your relationship with your daughter like that for something like this?? Uncle know how she is like and when she say something, she is sure to carry out so I think we shouldn’t do something like this. Even if uncle you don’t like it, I suggest that we pretend for the sake of pleasing Mina and keep our relationships intact. Just consider this please.”

 

“This guy is pretty clever.” Daddy Dong thought to himself as he consider Sehun’s plan. “Even though he is being placed in a tricky situation, he can still calm down and think carefully before coming up with a plan.

 

“Fine then… for the peace of my family, I will agree to that… but that doesn’t mean that I am starting to recognise you as my daughter’s boyfriend or something.”

 

“Okay. Thank you so is there any places that you would like to go to??”

 

“Nope. So you can just bring me to all the interesting places that you have in mind then.”

 

“Yes. Uncle. Then shall we get going??”

 

“Yes and stop calling me uncle!! I am not your uncle okay??” With that Daddy Dong stomped out from the door and out of the house.

 

“Well this is going to be a really long and tiring day.”

 

“Ya!! Why are there so many people here and why are there so many stairs?? Can’t we just take a ride up or something?? I see a cable car there why don’t we just take that why do we have to take the stairs?? Are you trying to tired me to death or something??” Daddy Dong complains as they slowly make their way up to Namsan Tower.

 

Sehun can only sigh in defeat as from the moment they step out from the house, Daddy Dong has been complaining nonstop about everything, from his car to the weather to the place that they are currently at, which is Namsan tower. It is driving him nuts but then there is nothing he can do but keep quiet and put on a smile if he wants to impress and go on the good side of Mina’s dad. He don’t know whether Daddy Dong is purposely doing this to spite him or drive him up the wall so that he can quit or he has always been like this whenever he is out.

 

He sigh before saying, “No. It is just that I am trying to show you the beauty of the scenery while we are going up the mountain. If we were to take the cable car,we won’t be able to see this much so I hope you can bear with it and I am so sorry.”

 

“Well. The scenery is good, at least you got that point right but the weather is so hot so you better work on that and do better.” Daddy Dong give him a slight glare before continuing on. Sehun look at the back view of the advancing Daddy Dong before continuing on. At least he's not complaining about him calling him uncle anymore. Which is a good sign. Sehun sigh again before going up to catch up with Daddy Dong before he goes disappearing among the crowd or do something that will spoil the day.

 

“There is this tradition here that if couples were to write their names on the lock and lock it here at this tower, and drop the keys away, it is said that their relationship will last really long.” Sehun explained diligently as he brought Daddy Dong to the area where there is a railing full of locks being locked there by couples.

 

“So did you and Mina did one of this thing before??” Daddy Dong asked while observing the locks that has been locked there by different couples.

 

“Ahh… no no… we ermm haven’t done this yet…” Sehun said being a little flustered at being asked such a question and starts to blush a little.

 

“That’s a good sign. It is still a sign that I can break the both of you up.”

 

“Ahh… What??” Sehun asked a little shocked because one second he is being all nice but then the next second he is being attacked by a huge bomb that is being thrown against him. “I guess I am being gullible to think that he will change that quick. A leopard cannot change its spots.”

 

“Hmmm what is this??” Daddy Dong suddenly say as he picked up one of the locks. “What is this… Sehun loves Dahee??!! Ya!! Sehun did you come here with someone else before!! Are you being a traitor behind Mina’s back??!!”

 

“No!! Of course not!! Uncle you have got it wrong!! I did no such thing!! This all don’t belong to me I swear!! I did not cheat behind Mina’s back or anything!! I really love her and I wouldn’t do such a thing to hurt her like that and lose her. I am not crazy to do that. Believe me uncle!!”

 

“You sure about that?? Why are there so many of your names on this lock here?? Are you sure none of this really belong to you??”

 

“I am really sure!! This really all doesn’t belong to me!! There is a lot of Sehun in this country so it could just be any of theirs. Really!! Please believe me please.”

 

Seeing how flustered and lost that he is looking, Daddy Dong believe that he is speaking the truth and say, “Fine I shall believe you. If I ever find you being unfaithful to Mina, I will make sure that I personally skin you alive. Especially what you have done the last time so you better be careful.”

 

Suddenly Sehun’s ears perk up at the words that Daddy Dong said. Because the way that he is saying things, it feels as if he is accepting him as his daughter’s boyfriend. He smile happily before asking, “Are you… are you accepting me as Mina’s boyfriend?? Did I make an impression on you or something??”

 

“Ya!! I did not say that!! Don’t put words in my mouth!! Don’t even think of me accepting you!! It is impossible!!”

 

“But the way you are saying things just now, it seems as if you have accept me. No??”

 

“Sorry for giving you false hopes but no. I am just reminding you some things so don’t think too much.”

 

“But… I am still happy… It seems like it is the first step to being accepted.” Sehun said happily.

 

“Wha… What??!!” Daddy Dong said trying to understand everything but clearly not because he clearly didn’t mean that.

 

“Here come here!! Let me help you take a photo!!” Sehun said happily taking out his phone and dragging Daddy Dong to pose in front of the scenery ahead while Daddy Dong tried to struggle and object to it.

 

“Ya!! I don’t want to take photo!!”

 

“No… Didn’t Mina say that we have to take photo as prove to her that we are enjoying ourselves?? So don’t be a spoilsport and let me take a photo for you~~”

 

“Aish… fine.” Daddy Dong said and pout a little before taking a pose.

 

“Aish uncle don’t pout smile~~” Sehun cooed and Daddy Dong put on a forced smile on his face before Sehun took a photo of him.

 

“Now let’s take a photo together!!” Sehun said and quickly walked towards Daddy Dong and posed with him before Daddy Dong can reject and quickly took a picture of it. “Ahh looking good. Uncle is so handsome. You must be a real charmer back in the days.”

 

“That is of course and that is why I am able to charm my wife into marrying me and give birth to our pretty Mina~~ you know how difficult it was to woo my wife back in the days because she doesn’t date easily and also… wait why am I telling you so much?? Anyway let’s just go to the next place.” Daddy Dong quickly walked off feeling awkward and flustered.

 

“Ya!! Why am I revealing so much of myself to that Sehun guy?? Is it because I am getting comfortable to him and slightly closer to him than before that is why I am doing this?? Haiz… I better buck up and not fall into any of his traps. I better keep my distance so that he can stop leading me into all this kind of traps to make our relationship get closer because I have a mission and I am determined to make my mission work.” Daddy Dong nodded determinedly before continuing to walk, totally forgetting about Sehun who is watching him from behind.

 

Sehun watch happily from behind, seeing how flustered Daddy Dong looks amused him so much. The way he is being flustered reminds him so much of Mina because the both of them behave the same way and he can literally see Mina’s shadow in him. But another thing that is funny is how he refused to accept the fact that they have gotten closer through this short bonding and just continue to be in denial and he laughed at how unbelievable they can get. He continued to laugh for a while before noticing that Daddy Dong is already a great distance away from him and so he faster ran up and caught up with him saying, “Uncle wait for me~~ Let’s go to the next destination together!!”

 

“No way!! I don’t want to hang out with you anymore. You can go to the next destination yourself.”

 

“Aye… uncle don’t be like this~~ Let’s go now!!” And so Sehun didn’t care about Daddy Dong’s refusal and just drag him to the next destination that he had already plan in mind.

 

For the whole day, they just went to different tourist attractions, where they truly enjoyed themselves and smiles can be seen on their faces as they enjoy each other company and just have fun. Daddy Dong also starts to not care about how to make Sehun’s life difficult as he starts to truly enjoy the whole trip. During the trip they also tried different unique and weird Korean food that made Daddy Dong goes ewww and refused it but Sehun is not going give up without a fight.

 

“Come on uncle!! It is not that bad!! See!!” Sehun said as he put a piece of makchang in his mouth. Actually being the cheeky self that he is, he is just using this weird food as a source to prank Daddy Dong, and seeing what his reaction will be like and maybe just to get back at him a little for being so tough on him.

 

“But… it still looks weird… I am not going to do this.” Daddy Dong said showing a face of disgust.

 

“But if you don’t eat this it will seem as if you didn’t come to Korea before. This is part of the Korean culture and it is good to know and try it out for yourself too. Go on!!”

 

Daddy Dong sigh for a while before eating it and while eating he gave a disgusted face and Sehun laugh a little at him being like this. Daddy Dong stare at him and asked angrily, “Are you enjoying this a little too much??”

 

Sehun stop laughing and look away seriously while Daddy Dong continued saying, “Well actually this is pretty good. I think I will start to enjoy this.” With that he took another piece and put it in his mouth.

 

Sehun smiled and immediately said, “If that is the case, then I will help you to cook some more for you to eat~~ Uncle just enjoy yourself~~”

 

Daddy Dong smirk and laugh a little to himself at how fast the kid in front of him recovers himself. He cannot deny the fact that this kid is really starting to grow on him and he have a pretty likeable personality and his persistent have somehow paid off, how he refused to give up even though sometimes he is purposely being difficult on him for no reason. He smile a little at him observing how he is just engrossed in cooking and not even eating and so he said, “Ya!! Don’t keep on cooking… Have some too. I don’t want you to starve. Here.” Daddy Dong said and put a piece in his plate, urging him to eat too.

 

Seeing how Daddy Dong is suddenly so nice to him he got a shocked at his sudden change of attitude and he quickly thank him and ate it politely.

 

“Hmm since my mood is pretty good today. Let’s have a drink, and at the same time I want to test how good is your drinking ability because if you want to be my daughter’s boyfriend, you have to be a good drinker so that you can protect her from all the people from trying to force her to drink. This is one of the criteria..”

 

“Yes uncle.” Sehun said and Daddy Dong motion to him to ask him to pour him some drink and Sehun being able to understand that, immediately pick up the bottle of soju and pour some into Daddy Dong’s cup.

 

The both of them gulp down their drink in one shot and Daddy Dong observe him and said, “Hmmm chugging it down like a man not bad~~ Here have some more~~” Daddy Dong said and continued to pour him some. Sehun just politely accepts them, not daring to refuse and also not knowing that Daddy Dong is trying to make him drunk.

 

“Ahhh this soju is really nice~~ I am really liking this~~” Daddy Dong said as he continued to take drinks after drinks of it.

 

“Uncle… Please don’t drink so fast. You will get drunk very easily like that.”

 

“Don’t worry about it… I am a very good drinker…” Daddy Dong said happily as he continues to drink. Sehun could only smile and continue to eat as he starts to have a really bad feeling about what is going to happen.

 

“Hmmm… It is getting late… Why are they still not back yet??” Mina wondered as she looked at the clock. They have been gone for the whole day and they are still back yet worries Mina but then at the same time, it is a good sign as it means they are getting along well with one another and having fun.

 

Just then the doorbell rang and immediately, Mina got up and went to open the door, wondering who could it be and when she opened up the door, the sight in front of her shocked her.

 

“Wh… What happened to my dad??”

 

“I will explain later, just let me help him in first.” Sehun said.

 

“Okay. You can bring him to my room and let him rest there.” Mina said and quickly step aside so that Sehun can enter.

 

“Urghhh what are you doing?? Let’s go for another drink!! Another drink!!” Daddy Dong mumbled. “Hmmm Why are you holding me?? I can walk by myself!! Do you want to know more about Mina and our family??  I can tell you more about it.”

 

“Aish dad!! Seriously how much did you drink to get yourself so drunk??”

 

“Hmmm Sehun you punk!! Pour me another drink right now before I flare up!!”

 

“Just ignore him. He always keep on talking nonstop when he is drunk. There is nothing he can do anyway since he is drunk. Just bring him to the room quickly and let him sleep and everything will be fine.”

 

So they quickly brought him back into Mina’s room and once inside, Mina helped to make the bed so as to let Sehun put her father down. After Sehun put her dad down, Mina helped to tuck him in and the both of them look at the sleeping him for a while before they went out of the room and back into the living room.

 

“So… How did my dad get this drunk??” Mina asked while they sit down side by side on the sofa.

 

“Well…” Sehun started and his hand reached out to hold Mina’s in his before continuing saying, “He said that he is going to test my drinking ability but then we only drank half a bottle and he is already drunk and so I had to send him home. He keeps on drinking while no matter how hard I tried to stop him he just refused to listen to me.”

 

“I see… My dad is really stubborn. It is hard to stop him anyway.”

 

“Same like someone I know.” Sehun said and cheekily reach out to pinch Mina’s nose. Mina winced up her nose cutely in anger at what he said and Sehun smiled at her.

 

Not being able to stand his smile, Mina smiled and slowly rest her head on his shoulder, asking, “So did the both of you enjoyed yourself today??”

 

“It is fun even though your dad was trying to make things complicated and difficult for me by being difficult and complaining about everything but then slowly through the day, he slowly let go and start to enjoy himself too and I was able to see a lot of interesting sides of him and makes me feel that he is not that bad of a person and I am confident of interacting with him more now that I have seen that side of him.”

 

“That is good news~~ I am so glad things work out and things didn’t go awkward between the two of you. If not it will be really tough from now on, trying to convince my dad to accept you.”

 

“I know. Oh right!! Here let me show you some photos we take today~~ We took photos like you asked!! Your dad is really handsome and really funny.” Sehun said and started showing her all the photos that they had taken at the different tourists attractions, showing how unwilling Daddy Dong is at the beginning but then throughout the day he just let himself go and just willingly take photos with him and have fun. Mina laugh while looking through the photos and the story that Sehun had to tell behind all of it.

 

“Maybe I should have join you all today instead of going to the company. Should have come up with an excuse or something because it seems so fun but then it feels as if, if i were to go I will also spoil the fun that the both of you have too...”

 

“It is okay. You can always join us the next time~~”

 

Mina look deeply into Sehun’s eyes and raised her hand to softly place it on his cheek and said, “It has been tough on you. I feel so bad for making you do this but I am so thankful that you agree to do this too.”

 

“It is okay. Like I said before. I will do anything so long as we can be together. This is nothing and I have fun with your dad although your dad won’t agree to that but it is nice.”

 

“You must be tired… You should go home and rest early.”

 

“It is okay. I want to spend some more time with you.”

 

“Hmmm nope. Go home and rest. Especially when you got something to drink and went out for the whole day. We can always hang out together another time.”

 

“Can’t I just rest here?? I am lazy to go home~~” Sehun said and moved himself so that he is now conveniently lying his head on Mina’s lap.  

 

“Nope… not unless you want my dad to kill you tomorrow morning and waste all our efforts.”

 

Sehun pouts a little before sitting up and said, “Fine then. Give me a present before I go home then…”

 

“What do you want??” Mina asked looking at him.

 

“Ppo ppo~~”

 

Mina smile a little before saying, “Fine then.” and lean in to press a kiss on his lips before Sehun deepen it. After a while they broke apart and Sehun said, “If only we don’t need to breathe because I really don’t want to stop the kiss. I haven’t kiss you for the longest time ever.”

 

“Aish you ppo ppo thief~~ Go home now!!”

 

“Hmmm can’t I have another kiss please?? Can’t you satisfy your ppo ppo thief needs??” Sehun said pouting and giving the puppy eyes.

 

“Nope~~ No more kisses for you today~~ Just go home and rest okay??”

 

“Fine then. I will see you tomorrow then~~” Sehun said giving Mina a hug.

 

“Huh?? You are coming over again??”

 

“Yes because I only got 1 week to impress your dad before he leaves so I have to treasure this chance before it is too late.”

 

“I see~~ Anyway I am just happy that I can get to see you like that everyday~~”

 

“Me too~~ Well take care baby and sleep tight today~~ I will be back tomorrow~~”

 

“Okay I will see you then~~ Love you baby~~”

 

“Love you too~~ Goodbye~~” Sehun said and Mina wave goodbye to him until he drives away. Mina closes the door smiling happily to herself.

 

“Well things are looking promising.”

 

 


ho ho ho~~ I am back with another udpate!! Sorry the update is a little late today because I have been pretty busy this week and plus my laptop keyboard is having problem and i cannot press some letters and stuff on my laptop so I have to use my onscreen keyboard whenever I cannot press anything. So sad but no worries my wireless keyboard is coming soon and hopefully by then I can write faster hahaha~~ Anyway EXO is making me so happy this few days because of their comeback and all the exomentary and stuff gahhh!! Plus Lee Jonghyun is dropping his first album and I am jsut so happy like this has been such a good fangirl week but then my reality is not going well and I am pretty sad but oh well hopefully things will work out soon!! But then gahhh Monster and Lucky one is just so good i have to listen to it like 5 times and above before I can finally calm down and do some work. the album is really good too and gahhh they are getting so much hotter and cuter I just cannot. My heart has been overworking with all this excitement lately and I should probably calm it down a little now hahaha~~ Anyway I hope all EXO-Ls and Boice area happy with all the comebacks and remember to support them by voting on shows and also watching the mvs because let's get the all kill on music shows and do them proud!! All the best in everything you do guys and take care!! Enjoy reading!! :)))