Chapter 13

Wrong Star, Right Prize

As Monday comes, Mina is getting more and more anxious as the time to go to the company creeps closer and closer. She is super anxious because she still have no idea how she is going to face the EXO members especially Sehun, after that incident happen and of course she still have not think of anything to get rid of Tae In.

 

“Omg Eonni, what should I do?? I think I should quit my job at the company.” Mina said to Kuroi.

 

“What kind of sorcery is that??” Why are you behaving like this??”

 

“Be… Be… because I can’t seem to face them after what happen on Saturday and then I also haven’t got any idea how to get rid of Tae In… haiz…  If I quit, everything will be solved.”

 

“What kind of a thinking is that?? You want to quit your job after going through all the troubles of hiding it from us. What kind of a genius are you?? You should also go and thank EXO members for their help if not you might be lost somewhere and we would have been killed by your parents. As for Tae In, for now ignore is the best thing you can do.”

 

“But… but I still don’t wanna do it…”

 

“Aish If I have to drag you there, I will gladly do it if it is what it takes to make you go to the company so you better go now or else…”

 

“Fine eonni I will go sobs… Eonni how could you do this to me??”

 

“It is all for your own good. Please go now.”

 

“Sobs fine eonni I will get going now byess…” With that Mina set off sadly to the company. She is so distracted by her thoughts that when she entered the company, she walk directly passed Sehun without even noticing him. Sehun stared at her while she float by him. “Something is definitely wrong again. She is always very observant and today she didn’t even see me…  hmmm something is wrong.” and just as Sehun was about to call out to her, Tae In appeared out of nowhere and just latched herself onto Mina, just like every other time when he wanted to approach Mina.

 

Mina and Tae In was about to walk off when Tae In sense that someone is behind them and she turn around to see Sehun. "Sehun oppa hi!!"

 

"Hi" and he looked up and caught Mina's eyes where she immediately blush and look away. "Tae In ssi let's go." Mina said and attempted to drag Tae In away but failed as Tae In pushed her away and said, "It's okay eonni, I want to go with Sehun oppa today. You can go off first if you like." With that Tae In went over to Sehun and latch onto him. Sehun was looking really uncomfortable. "Let's see what kind of reaction you have Mina." Tae In thought to herself and let out a smirk.

 

Mina on the other hand actually felt nothing, because it is not like they have feelings for each other. She just wanted to get out of there because of what she did on Saturday as it is too awkward for her but she doesn't want to show it.

 

"Oh okay then i will go on first. See you." Mina said motionlessly and left.

 

"Hmmmm no reaction..." Tae In thought. "Maybe I should observe her somemore."

 

"Come on Sehun oppa let's go." Tae In said sweetly as she dragged the stunned Sehun to the studio.

 

Mina reached the studio and opened the door. "Hopefully there is no one inside." And how wrong she was as all the EXO members are already there and she just can't help but to think of what had happen on Saturday. "Hi." She greeted everyone and went quickly to her desk but on the way she accidentally bump into a table and due to her reflex and being too nice of a person, she immediately said sorry but she didn't know that she had just said sorry to a table. Everyone saw it, including Sehun who had just reached. They saw everything and they were all shocked and in their mind they are like, something is wrong again.

 

Suddenly Tae In bursts out laughing loudly. "HAHAHAHAHA!! omg who says sorry to tables hahahahaha you are so weird and funny."

 

Everyone was staring at her and some of the EXO members were feeling angry at her for laughing and Kyungsoo almost went up to her, to give her a piece of his mind when suddenly Mina started speaking, "Ya so what if I said sorry to the tables?? It doesn't mean I am crazy. I am just saying sorry to the makers of the tables because I feel sorry for hurting their masterpieces."

 

Everyone started staring at Mina and Tae In is obviously getting really angry, so she said, "Who are you talk to me like this??"

 

"As someone who is older than you and as your eonni. I have every rights to do that and if you have nothing better to do, the door is just there. You can kindly exit now because i need to start my lesson. Goodbye and have a nice day." With that Mina continued to get ready for class, totally ignoring Tae In.

 

Tae In got nothing to say so she can only stomp her feet and went out of the room angrily. Everyone was so shocked at seeing Mina like this. The sarcastic side of Mina, but then the way she counter Tae In was awesome.

 

"Wow Mina. That was really good. We were wondering for a moment if we should try to help you out but i guess it is not necessary." Baekhyun said.

 

"Ahhh it is nothing. It is just a one to one fight, small case. But if there are more people the next time, then i am not sure if i will be able to win this well. Maybe then i will need help."

 

"Kyungsoo here was about to give her a piece of his mind." Chanyeol said while looking at the now shy Kyungsoo.

 

"Thank you so much Kyungsoo oppa."

 

"I never even do anything like legitly. No need to thank me."

 

"But i want to thank you for thinking about me because... that is really nice of you."

 

"Oh yeah by the way how did Saturday go?? Your eonnis sound really angry. Did they give you a hard time??" Suho asked.

 

When Mina heard that, she turn really stiff and she let out an awkward laugh. "Haha... about that... they were surprisingly open about it despite the fact that i kept it from them so it is a good thing haha..."

 

"Our maknae ya... don't you have something to say to all of us... especially our Sehun here??" Baekhyun teased.

 

Mina is shocked and she started to blush but she know what they meant so she said, "Even though i have no memory of what happened on that day after i fell asleep but i heard it from my eonnis and i am really really sorry and yet i am really really thankful at the same time so thank you for your help especially Sehun because I should have weigh like a ton and you have to carry me. Sigh i should have cut down on my food intake but then food is life..."

 

"Noo you were really light like really so don't feel burden about it." Sehun said.

 

"You are welcome Mina. It is what we ought to do as your oppas but seriously though your friends are really scary." Xiumin said.

 

"Hahaha!! They are like that. They get very protective over me like how i will get protective over them if things were to happen to any one of us. We are really like real sisters. But trust me once you know them, they are really nice."

 

"But Mina i didn't know you are that rich, because you don't wear branded stuff and you always don't spend much money so it was pretty hard to tell and we all got a shock when we reach your place." Luhan said.

 

"Haha... actually i am not the one that is rich. My parents are the one that is rich. I am really poor hahaha~~ But actually my dad wanted to buy me all the branded stuff but i rejected him because i just want to be like any other student, just studying my life away and chasing my own dreams and doing things normal students my age are doing."

 

"Wow Mina is really someone with her own thoughts. So what about your dad refusing to let you do composing?? We heard it roughly from your friends but they don't want to say the details as they say it will get really personal." Suho said.

 

The moment the question is asked, there is an obvious change in Mina's looks. From the happy just now to the now solemn face, something is wrong but she still try to make it happy. "Ya it is really personal and i am really sorry i don't feel like talking about it and look at the time!! We should start class!!"

 

"Ya it is okay if you don't want to talk about it. We understand. Everyone back to your seats!! Class starting!!" With that Suho chased everyone back to their seats and class started.

 

Class continued and Mina seem to be back to normal and set them work to do and as usual they decided to go down to the cafeteria to have dinner that day and while they are buying food, Tae In is totally ignoring Mina because of what happened earlier that evening and because like a spoilt brat she is,  she won’t apologise until Mina do so and so in the meantime, she can continue to spike her and also test if she has special feelings for Sehun. Meanwhile Mina is enjoying this new found freedom to her best because finally Tae In is not clutching and sticking to her like a leetch. All the stress she felt from her is totally gone and she is so happy. Although she is a bit sorry for Sehun because now he will have to deal with all her nonsense but oh well at least she is free.

 

They were just sitting down at their table, having a light conversation and enjoying their food, with Sehun once again sitting opposite of Mina. Mina is just quietly enjoying her food and of course the freedom from a lack of Tae In. Just when Mina thought that the freedom will last longer, Tae In had already approach the table and squeezed herself beside Sehun and latch herself onto him. Then she used her annoyingly sweet and using a higher octave than usual, she called, “Sehun opppaaa~~” Everyone felt so disgusted and cringe at her voice. Everyone couldn’t stand it but Tae In doesn’t seem to have notice that as she continue with her antics. “Sehun oppaaa~~ Is the food nice??” Sehun opppa shall we go home together later?? Oppaaa I want to hang out with you instead of somebody else…” Tae In say while giving Mina a glare where Mina totally ignore and continue with her food, which at the time, Mina have just finish her food so she stand up and said, “I am done, you guys continue with your food, I will be going off first.” and Mina left without even looking at Tae In once. This drive Tae In really mad and she stomped her feet and stormed off angrily.

 

Everyone look at this unfold and they just shake their head at Tae In and continue eating while Sehun just stood up and said, “I will leave first.” and walked off even before anyone of them can say anything.

 

Mina at the same time is wondering around aimlessly. At first she wanted to go back to the studio but she is not in the mood to do so and wanted to relax a bit more, alone, before class starts again. She found herself at one of the lounges and sat down on one of the sofa and just stone. There is nothing particularly she is thinking about but just staring into blank spaces kind of calm her down.

 

It took Sehun a while to find her, and saw her just sitting there and staring into blank spaces kind of worry him. He wave his hand in front of her face but she didn't move at all. In the end he lightly knock on her shoulder and say, "knock knock, is there anyone inside??"

 

Mina got a shock and woke up from her stoning and asked, "Why are you here??"

 

"Why?? Can't i be here??"

 

"Ahh nooo of course not."

 

"What are you thinking about??"

 

"Nothing like legitly nothing."

 

"Ahhh what??"

 

"Am i weird hahahaha?? Most of the time i am really not thinking of anything and that is good because it calms me down, making me feel relax, making me forget all about the things that had been making me stress."

 

"Should i try?? Let me try staring into blank spaces too and see if it calms me and forget all about my stress??" And Mina tried to stop him but he never listen so they fell into silence and just stone out together. After a while Mina snap out from her stoning, noticing that it is time for them to go back so using the same tactic he used on her just now, Mina knock lightly on his shoulder and said, "Knock knock anybody inside??" Sehun looked over and Mina gave him a smile. "Come on we have to go!!" With that they got up and left together.

 

The stoning really relax him because his mind went totally blank and he wasn't thinking about all of the problems that is swimming around in his head and so it is good. At least for a while he gets to be free from all his problems and also get to know Mina better.

 

"So how was it??" Mina asked.

 

"It is an interesting experience, my mind went blank and i didn't need to think about all the problems that are bothering me."

 

"That's good. I am so sorry you have to see the weird side of me."

 

"It is okay. You are not weird but more of mysterious as we don't know much about you and makes people want to know more about you."

 

"Oh??!! I am mysterious?? Okay that's a first. I always heard how i am weird or crazy not mysterious but this is cool." Mina said and they have reached the studio.

 

Class continued as usual and when it ended, as on cue, Tae In walked in and immediately went to Sehun and even gave a scrowl to Mina which she totally ignore and she excused herself and went home. Sehun also came out with an excuse from Tae In and ran out trying to catch Mina but she is already gone. "Haiz this girl, she might look small but she sure walk fast."

 

Mina is just enjoying her lonely walk home because there is so much things in her mind, she will always take a walk to clear it and she will feel better everytime she does it. She is just walking when she senses that there is someone following behind her. She turn around and saw someone hide and that someone thought that she didn't see it but she saw because at night, her senses becomes extra sensitive and alert so she is more aware of her surroundings so she can immediately sense that someone is following her. She fastens her pace and quickly turn a corner and hide in one of the stores. She sees the person following her walk pass where she is hiding. The person has totally lost her. After a while, she came out from her hiding and quickly walk home.

 

When she is finally safe in the house, she let out a sigh of relief and her eonnis saw it and Kuroi asked, "What is it?? Why are you behaving like this??"

 

"I think there is someone following me."

 

"What??!! Omg!! Do you know who is it??"

 

"I don't know but i manage to get rid of him before i reach home so at least their mission failed but i have to figure out who is it..."

 

"How are you going to do that??" Vannie asked worriedly.

 

"Maybe as much as i hate it, i might need to use some of my connections to find it."

 


ho  ho ho!! double update again this week hehehehe!! decided to do an update today because firstly Happy Deepavali or Happy Diwali to all my friends out there!! Have a good day and I hope you have enjoy today well!! Secondly I am having an update today is because I just realised today is my 1st anniversary or my 1st birthday on asianfanfics!! It has been exactly a year since I joined asianfanfics and I didn't notice that until I was puzzled why there is a present beside my joined date and I thought it was because asianfanfics was giving me a gift or something lolz~~ I myself have enjoyed my day greatly as i went to Istana open house for the first time and even though i got caught in the heavy rain for 2 times and now a bit not feeling well but I still enjoyed my mini adventure time!! Since I am here I also want to wish everyone a double 11 tomorrow!! Hope you guys will do something interesting tomorrow while for me I will be going for a scriptwriting class... I hope it will be good hahahaha~~ Everyone have a good day everyday and sorry if this chapter feels a bit weird ust bare with me and I am sure my next update will be better!! Thank you for subscriping and enjoy reading!! :)))