Chapter 6

Wrong Star, Right Prize

While walking back to their studio together, Mina was lost in her own thoughts while staring at the back view of Sehun walking in front of her, lost in her thoughts of why Sehun did what he did in the cafeteria just now. From all the time she had spent with him, he isn’t that type of person that will help people for things that are so insignificant. She is trying to see into his head and see what he is thinking to help her like that. Meanwhile, Sehun is also thinking about what is wrong with him to actually cause to him to do what he just did in the cafeteria. While the both of them are lost in their thoughts, they didn’t notice that there are a group of exo members laughing to themselves quietly and then suddenly one of them extended out his hands and give Mina a push from the back, causing Mina to lose her balance and fell forward.

 

Mina let out a small scream and thought she will give her first kiss to the floor and close her eyes, waiting for the impact with the floor but it didn’t happen at all, even after a while and instead of feeling the cold floor, she felt something warm. She slowly open her eyes and saw a pair of cold yet concern eyes looking down at her. Mina then realised that she have not fallen onto the floor but instead she have fallen onto Sehun’s back and her hands are placed on his waist.

 

“Kachee!!” The sound of camera can be heard and they turn around to see Baekhyun taking a photo of them. When Mina saw that, she immediately pushed Sehun away and walk off quickly even before Sehun can asked if she is okay. They all just stare blankly at her while she walk away.  

 

“Yaaa what do you think you are doing, taking our photo like that??” Sehun shouted at Baekhyun.

 

“I think it might come in useful in the future.” Baekhyun said cheekily and started to run away with his phone before Sehun can catch him and ask him to delete the photo. Sehun sigh and started to walk back towards the studio.

 

All of the EXO members are back in the studio, all except  Mina ssi who is still nowhere to be seen. They thought that she might have went to the washroom or something but then it is taking longer than they have expected and they are starting to get worried if something happen to her.

 

“Should we give her a call??” asked a worried Luhan. Everyone started to point and push Sehun to make the call.

 

“Aish why do i have to make the call??” Sehun whined.

 

“Because you are the Hun to the Minhun couple so you should call.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Aye we are not even a couple why are you already giving us couple names. Stop it!” Sehun said.

 

“Guys stop it first, we should try and find her and not quarrel. Sehun give her a call.” Suho said.

 

“Fine.” Sehun said and took out his phone. Because of the last meeting, everyone in the group have Mina’s phone number and Mina have all their phone number too so that it is easier for her to contact them. Even though Sehun is unwilling to give Mina a call but he has no choice since Suho asked him to. He really respect their leader a lot and won’t refused what he says.

 

Sehun called while everyone stand around him wanting to hear it but suddenly the starting of the song, goodbye summer by f(x) can be heard and they started to look around.

 

“I don’t think f(x) noonas rehearsal studio is anywhere near here so it can’t be from them.” Kyungsoo said.

 

"Wow Kyungsoo is speaking." Chanyeol said and everyone looked at Kyungsoo amazed and that earned Chanyeol a slap on the arm from Kyungsoo.

 

"Okay, quit fooling around. If it is not from their studio, could it be..." Suho said and before Suho can finish, suddenly everyone starts to panic and someone shouted, "Find the phone!!" And all of them followed the sound of the ringing and trying to dig out the phone and they found it, inside Mina’s bag.

 

"So... we found her phone... what do we do now??" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Ermmm i guess one of us should go look for her in case she got lost or something. Although she doesn't look like the type of person that will get lost." Suho said. And suddenly everyone looked at Sehun.

 

Sehun immediately know what it means when they are all staring at him like this. "Fine i will go find her." Sehun said before they can say anything more and stepped out of the room.

 

"Take care our maknae and come back with your girlfriend soon." Baekhyun shouted and Sehun gave him a glare. Sehun close the door softly and sigh. "Aish where did this lady go to..." he wondered and started to wander off.

 

Flashback to our Mina, as to the reason why she is not there... well we have to go back a while ago where she had pushed Sehun off and run away and while she is running away, she accidentally hear a music playing at another corridor so she decided to walk there and take a look.

 

"This tune is really familiar. I have heard this before. Mina said while walking towards the source of the sound. When she got nearer, she finally got it!!

 

"f(x) eonni's rum pum pum!! Omgg!! Are they there??" She immediately run towards the room and peek in. "Omg i can't believe i am near my f(x) eonnis rehearsal studio. Can i see them rehearse live??" Mina starts to peek in and because the door is locked so she can only use the small gap by the window to peek in and she really cannot see much, so she keep standing there trying to look for a better angle to peek in. She is getting frustrated at this and totally forgot that she has a class to attend to. While she is still trying her luck, suddenly a voice can be heard behind her.

 

"What do you think you are doing here??" The voice said.

 

"Oh no i am being caught... what will happen to me now??" Mina thought to herself and slowly turn around to see who this voice belongs to, preparing herself for the worst. But when she turn around, she is shocked by who she sees.

 

"Sehun ssi...??" Mina said after she saw the owner of the voice. "Why are you he… and before Mina can finish her sentence, Sehun have already grab her wrist and drag her away.

 

“Sehun ssi, what are you doing. Let me go now!! I still need to see my f(x) eonnis!!” Mina says while she struggles to get off his grip. While she is trying to use her the other hand to try to free his hand on her but then Sehun just tighten his grip more and suddenly he stop walking, causing Mina to bump into his back again. Sehun turned around to look at Mina which gave her a shock. They both exchange stares for a while before he starts to walk again, pulling Mina along.

 

Sehun sigh before saying, “f(x) noonas are not here today, they have some schedules outside and won’t be coming back to the company for the whole day, today.”

 

“Really… is that so…??”

 

“Ya… we saw them early this morning, getting ready for their schedules and they told us. So the song might be played by somebody else.”

 

“How stupid can i get to actually think that it will be easy to meet them… what kind of luck do i think i have…” Mina said and Sehun can hear the very obvious sadness in the way she is speaking.

 

“... You okay??”

 

“I will be fine if you release my hand now.”

 

“Fine.” Sehun said while releasing her hand.

 

“Finally my wrist feels so much better.” Mina said while smiling.

 

“Wait.. what aren’t you sad… I remember you are feeling sad a few seconds ago…” Sehun said while staring in shock at how Mina can change from feeling sad to feeling happy in just a matter of seconds.

 

“Of course I am sad… but then it is not like if i continue to be sad,  they will appear out of nowhere and let me see them so might as well recover and not think about it and hopefully, next time I will have a chance to finally see them.” Mina said.

 

“Wow… now i really know why you are our teacher…  i didn’t trust you as our teacher for the first time i met you but now i know why they choose you…  not bad…”

 

Mina gave Sehun a slap on his arm and yell, “Ya!! what do you mean by that please I have always been this good okay!! It is just that you never know!! But by the way why are you here.. really??”

 

“Because all of us are worried that you are not back in the studio after so long and you didn’t even bring your phone so they decided that I should go find you and drag you back.”

 

That sentence really ring a bell in Mina’s head as she had totally forgot about having to teach.

“Ahhhh i totally forgot that i have class omg we should get back quickly.” Mina started walking back.

 

“Aish why do we have such a blur teacher??” Sehun mumbled to himself while still standing there looking at her.

 

“Ya i heard that Oh Sehun!! You better get going now if not i will hit you.”

 

“Aish not only blur but violent too omg what have we gotten ourselves into.” Sehun mumbled to himself again, while starting to follow behind Mina.

 

“Ya what are you talking about?? Is it something bad about me again!!?? Faster!!”

 

“Fine, I am coming!!” Sehun said and he had to jog a bit in order to catch up with Mina. They walk side by side for a while before Sehun ask, “So what is with you and f(x) noonas?? Judging by the way you are saying things, it makes me feel like you are their fan or something.”

 

“I am a fan of them, actually a really big fan of them!! From their music, to the dance to their personality, I really love it all~~ They are just so pretty and talented I cannot even. They are the reason why I am here in this company right now and also being your teacher~~”

 

“Huh?? Why are they the reason you are here now??”

 

“Well… I entered a competition organised by SM to compose a song and the winning song will be put into f(x)’s new album and also get a chance to work with one of the SM groups. Of course i was hoping to work with f(x) but in the end i ended up having to work with you guys instead… In the beginning i was kind of sad but i guess it is a path that i have to take but so far it is fun.”

 

“Fun?? How is it fun, didn’t you remember how they keep disturbing you ever since you arrive?? Shouldn’t you be mad instead??”

 

After hearing that, Mina let out a small laugh. A very special laugh that uniquely belongs to her, a high pitch dolphin like laughter, making her sound like she is having asthma instead of laughing and how her eyes disappears while she is laughing. A contagious laugh that makes people want to laugh along too even if the thing that they are saying is not funny. Sehun joined in the laugh too and said, “What did I say something wrong?? I am speaking the truth, how is it fun?? It should be annoying and frustrating.”

 

“I agree that it gets annoying sometimes but then it is sure fun because I am the only child in my family and my parents work a lot so sometimes it gets really boring and lonely for me and I like it when I am surrounded by people that can make me laugh and make me feel at ease even though sometimes like the rest of the EXO members, they will tease me but it is still a good feeling. Not all people that I hang out with give me this kind of feeling, apart from you guys, the next group of people that are able to be feel like that are my 3 buddies, the rest are like hi bye friends, like we may hang out well on some situations but definitely not all the time so i don’t really hang out with them. Unless you make me feel good being with you all the time, and not make me feel left out, then i know you are worth the keep.”

 

Mina finished talking and take a look at Sehun who had been silent throughout the time she is speaking and she suddenly start to panic and asked, “Did I speak too much?? I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to but you make me feel really comfortable so i couldn’t help myself but to keep on blabbering. I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to force you to listen to my life story. Sorry. Omg I still talk too much so sorry.” Mina fell into silence, afraid to speak again.

 

Sehun glance at the girl who is walking silently, looking down, slightly pouting, looking just like a kid that have done something wrong and have just gotten a scolding from her parents. “She looks so cute like this.” Sehun thought to himself but quickly shake off that thought. “Omg what am i thinking.” and he shakes it off again. But after a while he said, “Don’t be sorry, it is interesting.” And Sehun started to look around, trying to cover up the shyness he felt while saying that sentence but at the same time, he can’t help himself but to have a look at Mina’s face to see what kind of reaction will she have.

 

After hearing that, Mina’s eyes light up and she looked up to see Sehun looking at her too and Mina gave him a smile before looking down again. Sehun was so shocked by that smile that he got flustered and started to look around again. Anywhere but at Mina. They kept quiet for a while. Before Mina started to speak again, “The things I said just now, I didn’t tell anyone before and I trust you so please don’t tell this to anyone, if not i will personally punish you.” After saying that she gave him a smile again and opened the door to the studio.

 


ho ho ho~~ Happy Birthday Lay!!! A special update today to mark Lay's birthday!! Happy Birthday to our chiu chiu healing unicorn!! So happy an angel like him can exist in my life everyday~~ He is truly a blessing and I am so thankful that he is being born and also being part of EXO. Thank you Lay's parents and family for teaching and guiding him so well and making him such a polite young man!! Looking forward to seeing more of his works in the future and also congrats on being cast in a new movie!! So proud of you!! Thank you Lay for everything and I love you!! :))))

p.s. sadly there is no Lay interaction in this chapter but I still want to do a special update for him~~ This is the double update I am talking about last week hehehehe~~ Enjoy reading guys!! :)))